Posts created by tezaber

posted in Virtual City on Dec 26, 09 12:26 AM
Heavens0929 wrote:Wow...this one has me stumped!

I'm trying to build up my population as fast as I can, building a recycling plant, bus stops and upgrading buses and dumpsters....but can't figure out how to get 3,500 income and 200 happiness

Can anyone help? I've restarted a dozen times...I'm sure I'm missing something so obvious...

Thanks in advance!

The trick to levels where you have to get rid of an industry while still having enough income....destroy the industry buildings slowly, and put off the task as long as possible. That way you can concentrate on building the residential buildings while keeping the income level high. Make sure you also build a plaza. Then once you have the population high, and a nice amount of money in the bank, start destroying the industry buildings. At the very end, if all you need is a high happiness level, then click on the plaza and throw a fireworks display or a hot air balloon ride (both have different levels of happiness boosting power) and that should do it.

posted in Virtual City on Dec 26, 09 12:22 AM
I suggest looking for one of the large houses...the deserted ones look very much like the "good" ones, so see if you can spot one with a slightly lighter brown color.

posted in Virtual City on Dec 26, 09 12:19 AM
Heavens0929 wrote:
Dave866 wrote:More games like this please. Fantastic game. I really enjoyed the Montana challenge to tear down the dairy and build your income up - warning - you have to think to solve it.

For those who prefer mindless distraction games - there are plenty of them.

Dave....I HAVE been thinking..LOL..but my brain isn't coming up with the answer to that one...how do I get to 3,500 income...and omg...the happiness of 200..I can't seem to get that one!

Please help if you can!

Nicole

Hi Nicole,

For the income.....if you upgrade the trucks, buses, and Dumpsters to their highest point, and also upgrade the industrial buildings, you'll start generating more income. Also, the more buses you have covering the same bus routes, the better since each one gets customers.

For happiness level....if you build a plaza, then do a fireworks display or a hot air balloon ride, your happiness level will skyrocket (no pun intended). But note, after the display is over, the happiness will start dropping again, so I suggest doing this at the very end of the level when that is the only thing stopping you from finishing.

posted in Virtual City on Dec 25, 09 12:43 PM
b00kworm wrote:This far, I have completed most levels on 'Expert' time, but I like the idea I can spent hours with one level, if necessary, to figure everything out. I always found it enraging to just miss the time limit by seconds or so and loose a level because of this.

After all, you can always go back and try for 'Expert' time later on...

LOL....I know what you mean about missing the time by seconds. But I also love the fact you can keep playing....it's so annoying when games interrupt you and ask you to try again before you can move to another level. At least this one doesn't do that and make you feel you've wasted all that time for nothing. I also like that you can either advance or keep playing the same city once you reach the goals.

I've been experimenting (I'm in New York now with only 3 or 4 more levels to go) and have learned some techniques that seem to help....when I start from scratch again I'll remember to build as many industrial buildings together when possible. What can really cut down on the time is that "truck travel," so building wool and cotton plants near the fabric factory, for example, should boost the speed in which I can finish. Playing a bit in sandbox mode really allows you to screw around and see how quickly stuff can get delivered, depending on space issues.

Love this game!

posted in Virtual City on Dec 24, 09 6:54 PM
b00kworm wrote:
tezaber wrote:
b00kworm wrote:I love the game, bought it with my credit this month. It's a bit different from your usual 'build' games - I like plotting routes for the trucks, dumpsters and busses.

I'm currently still in California, but I've also gotten two sandbox games running (the two open when you're in California) and I'm making a lot of profit there.

I don't like games that make it too easy for you and I thought the tutorials were okay. I never had a problem with the trade with other cities (seemed straightforward to me to send a truck to deliver and then one to pick up) or the tunnel.

I'm with you, Bookworm, I'm loving this game. I agree with some people that the tutorial is a bit lacking...it took me a while to get used to figuring out which product icon is which and the fact that you're limited to the amount of trucks and buses and Dumpsters you can have. I'm now in the Michigan area and it's getting to be a real challenge, but it's still great fun. So far I've played nearly 20 hours and have the rest of Michigan and New York to go, so it's really worth the money. And the replay value is terrific. I hope they have a sequel with more areas and many more building types.

Actually, once you upgrade your garage to the max (3 stars), you have 100 vehicles at your disposal maximum. That should be enough for all situations...

Really? I can't see to get that many vehicles. It keeps telling me "garage is full" and I'm always stuck needing a few more vehicles, so I end up swapping trade routes or selling off one kind of vehicle for another.

posted in Virtual City on Dec 24, 09 6:50 PM
I usually just make certain all the trucks, buses, and Dumpsters (and all the industrial buildings) are upgraded to the highest point, then if that still doesn't quite do it, see if you can add another bus or two and have them all overlap the same routes/bus stops.

posted in Virtual City on Dec 24, 09 6:48 PM
I had this happen several times and I finally realized that somewhere in my industrial chain, some product wasn't getting delivered. Therefore, back-track through the various industries and see what's holding things up. Chances are you'll find something goofy along the way and then everything will start working again once the problem is fixed.

posted in Virtual City on Dec 24, 09 6:46 PM
Make sure you 1 upgrade all the trucks, buses, and Dumpsters to their highest level, and 2 upgrade any and all industrial buildings to the highest level, and 3 add as many buses as possible and have them all visit the same bus stops. That should do it

posted in Virtual City on Dec 24, 09 6:44 PM
Also, if you click on the trucks tab, then locate the missing truck (you'll see the product icon and then the hourglass in place of the truck's picture) you can click on the green route button for it, then reset a new route.

posted in Virtual City on Dec 24, 09 6:42 PM
Right, more buses help, and also just make sure every truck, bus, and Dumpster is upgraded to the top, along with all the industrial buildings.

posted in Virtual City on Dec 23, 09 7:45 AM
b00kworm wrote:I love the game, bought it with my credit this month. It's a bit different from your usual 'build' games - I like plotting routes for the trucks, dumpsters and busses.

I'm currently still in California, but I've also gotten two sandbox games running (the two open when you're in California) and I'm making a lot of profit there.

I don't like games that make it too easy for you and I thought the tutorials were okay. I never had a problem with the trade with other cities (seemed straightforward to me to send a truck to deliver and then one to pick up) or the tunnel.

I'm with you, Bookworm, I'm loving this game. I agree with some people that the tutorial is a bit lacking...it took me a while to get used to figuring out which product icon is which and the fact that you're limited to the amount of trucks and buses and Dumpsters you can have. I'm now in the Michigan area and it's getting to be a real challenge, but it's still great fun. So far I've played nearly 20 hours and have the rest of Michigan and New York to go, so it's really worth the money. And the replay value is terrific. I hope they have a sequel with more areas and many more building types.

posted in Virtual City on Dec 23, 09 7:41 AM
emerance wrote:I'm stuck at the level where you're limited in seed funding and then have to produce $6,000 in income. I have two malls, have both the clothing and furniture factories going, and have built up the population to 100. I can't seem to get it higher than $4,200.

Anyone have any ideas how to increase income? I've upgraded all my vehicles to 3 stars as well as every possible building.

Hi Emerance,

Concentrate on upgrading your trucks, buses, and Dumpsters. Each time they deliver goods, people, or garbage, they generate income, and with each upgrade, they earn more money. This is a sure way of making a steady income.

posted in Virtual City on Dec 23, 09 7:36 AM
Yeah, what larascupboard said....route buses from the bus stop to the "city sign" at the edge of the scream and you should kick **** in no time.

posted in Virtual City on Dec 23, 09 7:34 AM
Yeah, one of the first things I do now is build both a fire station and a hospital almost immediately since they really cut down on the interruptions, which seem to come in big waves with truck breakdowns and garbage build-up.

posted in Virtual City on Dec 23, 09 7:29 AM
I'm also addicted to this one. So far I've played for about 15-20 hours and am only in the Michigan section, so there's much more to do. I've also tried the sandbox modes and like those as well. The only frustrating thing is when you can't upgrade the garage any more and still need more delivery trucks or buses or Dumpsters...then it's a juggling game to reroute trucks from one task to another. Too bad you can't build an extra garage or two. Other than that, I'm loving this one. I hope they make a sequel with many (ie. MANY) more building types

posted in Virtual City on Dec 23, 09 7:23 AM
Yes, see if all of your trucks, buses, and Dumpsters are fully upgraded, since that's one way to really increase the income. Also, each house generates more income, so try building then upgrading houses--for every new person, that's more garbage for the Dumpsters and more people for the buses, so every new house helps (as long as your environment rating is above 0, preferably much higher).

posted in Virtual City on Dec 23, 09 7:20 AM
I'm almost afraid to say anything, but I've also had absolutely no problems with this game. Indeed, it's probably one of the first games I've downloaded in a long time that hasn't crashed yet or run "yerkily" with graphics.

posted in Virtual City on Dec 23, 09 7:17 AM
Hi guys,

One very easy way to raise your income dramatically is to upgrade the delivery trucks. Each time you upgrade, the money they generate when delivering goods is increased, and before you know it, you're rolling in dough. Also don't forget to upgrade buses and Dumpsters because they have the same effect...each time they drop off people or garbage, the income goes up with each upgrade.

posted in Real Crimes: Jack the Ripper on Dec 3, 09 3:19 PM
wllowldy wrote:I d/l trial to see if it is something I want to buy. I cannot get past the first case. The screen locks up and I have to end task. It locks up on the screen that shows the figure under the street lamp. I suppose I should re-load game and try again.

Same problem here. I couldn't get past the opening screen with the figure and the streetlamp. I ended up having to CTR+ALT+DEL several times to get back to my desktop. Screw it....I just deleted the game. If it doesn't work right the first time, why bother?

posted in Gardenscapes on Nov 11, 09 2:37 PM
For me, the game downloaded and installed, but it said "Trial Expired" with the "Buy Now" button and it didn't even give me the option to play for the hour. I didn't bother to reupload it, just deleted the whole thing and decided not to bother with it anymore.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator