Posts created by orchidna

posted in Secrets of the Dragon Wheel on Jul 13, 10 3:59 PM
Is anyone else having trouble opening the safe. I assumed I needed to use his birthdate, and tried repeatedly to enter it. However, when I then click the handle, the wheels turn to 920000, and the safe doesn't open. When the American order didn't work, I tried the British way, then every other combination I could think of. I then checked the walkthrough, and it said I am supposed to use the American order.

Do I just have a glitched game or is anyone else encountering this problem?

posted in Secrets of the Dragon Wheel on Jul 13, 10 6:28 AM
I'm so glad to know you figured out the problem and will have the fix to us soon. Thanks.

posted in Secrets of the Dragon Wheel on Jul 13, 10 6:26 AM
I, too, am getting the error message. Looking forward to a fixed version so I can try it.

posted in Flux Family Secrets - The Rabbit Hole on Jul 9, 10 9:30 AM
On one of my computers (Windows 7), that happens with this and a few other BFG games if I have a browser open. Maybe that is the problem with yours also.

posted in Flux Family Secrets - The Rabbit Hole on Jul 7, 10 11:01 PM
I cannot pick up the star from the fountain.

I was really enjoying this game, and planning to buy it as soon as my hour ran out. I clicked on the fountain, it brought up the magnified picture of the star, but wouldn't let me pick it up. After many tries, I shut down the game, with 12 minutes left in the hour, then reopened it. Now it shows I still need that star, but the fountain is no longer interactive, so I cannot continue the game.

What a huge disappointment. I really hope there will be an update really soon, before I forget how much I was enjoying the game and wanted to buy it.

posted in Flux Family Secrets - The Rabbit Hole on Jul 7, 10 10:52 PM
I'm having the same problem. I was really enjoying this game, and planning to buy it as soon as my hour ran out. I clicked on the fountain, it brought up the magnified picture of the star, but wouldn't let me pick it up. After many tries, I shut down the game, with 12 minutes left in the hour, then reopened it. Now it shows I still need that star, but the fountain is no longer interactive, so I cannot continue the game.

What a huge disappointment. I really hope there will be an update really soon, before I forget how much I was enjoying the game.

posted in Interpol: The Trail of Dr. Chaos on Jun 3, 10 6:23 AM
There is an Obelisk monument on the right side in the near background.

posted in Interpol: The Trail of Dr. Chaos on Jun 1, 10 9:32 AM
The game is not saving my progress when I log out. The first time it happened was when I bought/activated it after playing the 1-hour demo. I just assumed something had glitched in the activation process.

However, I then played it almost all day, almost to the very end, had to stop due to a thunderstorm, and today, it started me back at the beginning again. Although it has been a ton of fun, it is discouraging to know I need to go all the way through it again to see the ending.

posted in Alice in Wonderland on Mar 19, 10 3:19 PM
For some of us, there is no way to trigger that. It has been reported a number of times in the technical issues topic, and BFG has asked that we send them DrFelix reports so they can determine what is causing it on some computers.

posted in Alice in Wonderland on Mar 19, 10 1:56 PM
I, too, am having trouble triggering the task in the cellar. I've spent a good bit of my trial time clicking all over the cellar floor and steps (an inadvertently going back up into the other room ). Add to that the inability to switch from custom to system cursor, and the game isn't at enjoyable for me as it is now.

Also, a word of caution to the developer ... the lightning made me ill as I'm very photosensitive, and I wonder how people with epilepsy handle the flashing. I sincerely hope it doesn't trigger a seizure in anyone.

The part I have been able to play I really liked, except for these technical issues. If an update fixes some of these, I will definitely play what is left of my trial, in hopes it will work well enough to purchase.

I'll see about doing a DrFelix report.

posted in Aveyond: The Lost Orb on Mar 11, 10 2:22 PM
Player999, each town has a black market merchant selling weapons and armor. You might want to look for them.

posted in Aveyond: The Lost Orb on Mar 11, 10 2:18 PM
1unicorn:
The Lost Orb is chapter 3 in the Orbs of magic series. The first two were Lord of Twilight and Gates of Night. The fourth chapter will be The Darkthrop Prophecy, and continues Mel's story, as will chapter 5, and chapter 6 if it is made.

After that, further Aveyond games will more than likely feature new PCs, just as Av1 and 2 had different PCs.

posted in Aveyond: The Lost Orb on Mar 9, 10 1:40 PM

posted in Aveyond: The Lost Orb on Mar 9, 10 11:46 AM
1unicorn:
(copy and paste of my answer to this question in an earlier topic)

AV3.4: The Dark Prophecy:
Tentative (very tentative) - the game may be ready for release around Christmas. However, Gypsy's Tale is taking longer than anticipated to get ready for testing, so that date will likely be extended.

Plans are to have 3 more chapters in the series ... TDP is definite, the next almost assured, and the third likely.

After the series is over, Amanda will likely go on with the Aveyond games, but that, of course, could change in the future.

posted in Aveyond: The Lost Orb on Mar 9, 10 11:43 AM
From my FAQ at the Amaranthia website ...

Q: Where can I find Empty Bottles for capturing pixies?
A: (Note: The first time you need Empty Bottles, you need three; the second time, you need all five.)
- Blueleaf Forest
- Circus
- Crystal Caverns
- Ashera’s Tomb
- Mana Caves

posted in Aveyond: The Lost Orb on Mar 8, 10 6:55 AM
Brendym:
If you like, you can attach your savegame to an email and send it to me at vicki@amaranthia.com, and I'll take you back to Dulus' blacksmith shop's back room. Be sure to specify what you need in the email, in case I forget.

posted in Aveyond: The Lost Orb on Mar 8, 10 6:51 AM
snsk:
If you have a paid membership, on your account page, there is a blue 'Chat Live Now' button, where you can talk directly to one of the BFG people in real time. You might want to try that.

posted in Aveyond: The Lost Orb on Mar 6, 10 9:23 PM
You're very welcome.

posted in Aveyond: The Lost Orb on Mar 6, 10 9:22 PM
The poster asked about "level up eggs".. the Underfall one is a level DOWN one.

posted in Aveyond: The Lost Orb on Mar 6, 10 9:20 PM
It was updated several days ago, maybe a week or so?

If your download manager didn't call attention to there being an update, you need to uninstall and and redownload the game. You won't lose your progress.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator