Posts created by pgillenw

Even though this game was not stated as supporting Win 7 I downloaded and played the game on Win 7, 64-bit OS, resolution set at 1600 x 900. The game alters the resolution, that is OK. I purchased the Premium Edition.

I played the game with out a hitch, great game. I Exited the game to return later and play the Extra's. However that was denied to me. On launch the game behavior was to read from location zero, another game in progress. This was not the case. I un-installed the game, restarted my system, downloaded again and the problem persisted. This was not fair since I paid a more hefty price for the Premium Edition.

I do not believe it would take a lot of effort for this game to be fixed.

One last thing, the game seems not to have a function to exit the game gracefully. I searched for the option to return to the Menu but found that option missing. That may have been the source of the problem.

posted in Fear For Sale: Mystery of McInroy Manor on Apr 30, 11 12:41 PM
[b]This game fails to load on Win 7 widescreen, resolution at 1600 x 900, OS 64-bit.

I played this game some time ago on a MAC but wanted to download, purchase for my new Win 7 OS, MAC not available to me any more, and it is frustrating to be denied yet another game that can not be available to me. This is sad because we all loose.

Fix it!!!

[b]Where oh where do I exit/quit the game? Have not found this function. Other wise the game plays beautifully on my Win 7 64-bit OS. While not using all the rel-estate of my wide screen, except for cut scenes, the graphics and the story are quite good.

The game is quite enjoyable. Appreciate the creativity of the production team and the development team effort.

posted in Enlightenus II: The Timeless Tower Collector's Edition on Apr 27, 11 3:16 PM
I get so frustrated that games stated to support Win 7 do not play on a 64-bit OS.
Big Fish I have found a number of games that state no support for Win 7 but I have played well e.g. Win 7, 64-bit, resolution set at 1600 x 900 yet quite a number where requirements are stated to support Win 7 do not. Let's get it right!!!!!!

posted in Celtic Lore: Sidhe Hills on Apr 24, 11 11:17 PM
I would love to play this game but I am prevented from doing so due to the fact it is not available for Win 7 32-bit and 64-bit. Make it so and you have a purchaser.

posted in Haunted Hotel: Lonely Dream on Apr 21, 11 12:07 PM
Oh I long for a fantastic, sophisticated HOG. Too long between such great games as Dire Grove and other MCF's. Bring on this caliber of games I will purchase each of them.

I'm sure as gamers get more and more sophisticated playing more complicated and interesting games, easy games such as these will fall to the way side.

The graphics were great in this game. Hunting for partial items is annoying.

Gamer's demand much more these days and we deserve more.

posted in Haunted Hotel: Lonely Dream on Apr 20, 11 9:25 PM
[b]Truly silly game. Graphics are very good but the fixing the machines theme is lame. Obviously this is not my game however I have found over time that gamers have different taste's in games and while I did not enjoy this does not mean that you want.

posted in Gravely Silent: House of Deadlock Collector's Edition on Apr 19, 11 4:19 PM
When oh when might we expect a version of Gravely Silent to play on Win 7 64-bit OS? Please make it so.

posted in The Serpent of Isis: Your Journey Continues on Mar 1, 11 9:58 PM
MAC VERSION HAS SOME NITS

Overall an enjoyable game. Graphics were wonderful. Hidden object scenes well constructed.

I ran into some nits while playing the game on the MAC. The first issue manifested when the sister went to the grandfathers house. When we entered the basement the dialogue that should accompany the actions did not display.

The second issue occurred when I went to menu and chose options and selected fullscreen to uncheck to go to windowed, the screen flickered and the game as well as the MAC was in some state causing me to do a hard shutdown. This occurred when I selected menu/options/fullscreen from the grandfathers flying machine.

Aside from these two issues I would highly recommend this game and my hat is off to the creative development team.

posted in Phantasmat on Feb 5, 11 10:21 PM
I had been moping for days for another HOG to enjoy. Today the wait was over I had an e-mail from BF that pointed me to Phantasmat. I downloaded and I was hooked from the beginning.

The game is well done. I did not play the "match" I will come back another day and play. The puzzles to solve are very doable. The game can be completed with enjoyment without a walk through or strategy guide. The development team did an outstanding job.

I hope you enjoy this game as much as I did.

posted in Murder Island: Secret of Tantalus on Jan 31, 11 5:36 PM
Loved the game !!

The game was nice and relaxing. The story behind the game interesting. Graphics were good and the music fitting. I found the map useful. You really do not need a walkthrough. I was stuck for a short time looking for a chain to fix the mast on the boat but as with most HOG's they are not logical at times. TIP: no chain needed you must use the handcuffs. The puzzles are not to difficult and I appreciate the ability to skip. Working the final map puzzle, not easy. The developer chose to add a side icon that rotates each puzzle piece. Not sure why perhaps because h/she could but it made the rotation of a puzzle piece more annoying. Hope you enjoy the game as much as I did.

posted in Mystery Case Files: Return to Ravenhearst ™ on Jan 22, 11 8:49 PM
Return to Ravenhearst then a play of Dire Grove what more could any one ask for pure entertainment.

Dire Grove like Return to Ravenhearst is superb. I am with out words to describe how impressed with these productions. Both games success can only be attributed to the full team effort.

Now I am ready for another game. Pay no attention to those who cry "large file" I would love a game that took me at least a week to play.

BTW, love the option to pick attitude. Snarky fit well with me.

Fantastic Graphics
Great Story
Good Characters
Music Very Good
Well Programmed
Very Good QA Effort
Loved the Humor
Sound Effects Great

The VCR tapes were a nice touch and the morphs were a great value add. Checking for morph objects kept one focused with the result that learning the locations were made more easy.

Keep going with the creative juices we are out there waiting to drink and worship at the trough of yet another MCF.

posted in Mystery Case Files: Return to Ravenhearst ™ on Jan 21, 11 1:16 PM
What a most creative, entertaining game.

I cannot express enough show of appreciation for the work that has gone into this game, creativity abounds, scenes are remarkable, graphics and special effects clever and most entertaining, the programming was superb and the QA team did a fantastic job.

Many extras such as the jokes at the school house and extras at other locations made me smile a lot.

I also loved the inserted video while watching the credits.

I look forward to the next saga, obviously you have left it open to the possibility.

Now get going on the sequel. You have a hungary gamer community out here waiting to be fed.

It is a 10 star game.

posted in Mystery Case Files: Return to Ravenhearst ™ on Jan 20, 11 11:03 PM
[b] I was pleased the Whack the Troll's had a gracious Skip -- this type of game is very difficult for those of us with a disability where quick response is required with mouse use. I have a neurological disorder and Whack the Troll's, although I tried was just not do-able. Thanks for the option to Skip.

posted in Mystery Case Files: Return to Ravenhearst ™ on Jan 20, 11 9:37 PM
This was a difficult problem to solve. It is true that the second row is the important one .

Book 1. I in circle
Book 2. Triangle
Book 3. X
Book 4. Curly Cue (must decide which book best fits this description)
Book 5. R
Book 6. Circle with dot
Book 7. P (Some folks may have an S, I had a P)
Book 8. Diamond shape with a dot

Axe is then revealed on the right of the bookcase.

Great game, in fact it is one of the best I have played thus far. . . . . .. .

posted in Mystery Case Files: Return to Ravenhearst ™ on Jan 20, 11 1:27 PM
marie,

I finally figured it out. Simple. The pot holder returns to the inventory. The problem that I introduced in to the equation was that I after entering the pattern on the cellar door was that I failed to simply push the small button on the door. I was clicking madly the larger button to the side that alternates the pictures of the ladies. The pot holder is deleted from the inventory after the cellar door is successfully opened. Makes sense since if anything went wrong you would have lost all hope with out the use of the pot holder on the stove.

Fantastic game. . . . . . .

posted in Mystery Case Files: Return to Ravenhearst ™ on Jan 20, 11 12:56 PM
marie1931 wrote:SPOILER ALERT

Hi Freddo

I don't know where you are in the game.....But if you have the potmit (I guess you are talking about the potholder....) I can help you for this puzzle.

1) you have to go to the school house and click on the left size of it
2) there is a temperature number carved on it (bottom left )
3) keep it in mind

Then

4) go to the stove, in the shop
5) use the potholder on the knobs on the left, until you reach the temperature seen on 2)
6) When the temperature is correct, you see the pattern on the stove (red circles)
7) go back to the schoolhouse and copy the pattern of the red circles

Voila

Hope it helps

marie

marie, I actually figured out the number related directly to the temp on the stove. My temp is at 550. I have tried to get them temp on the stove at 550. When I believe it to be 550 (never exactly right on the mark) does the pot holder go away automatically alerting you that the pattern is correct?

I have tried different patterns but if there is a dependency on the pot holder being taken from the inventory then I truly have not been successful turning the temp up and down to reach the correct setting. If you have tips on how to reach exactly 550 degrees that would be lovely.

Fabulous! Fabulous!!

Just played this epic on the MAC. I was thrilled at how seamlessly the video was incorporated. This gamer felt as though she was interacting with the characters. Great touch to both hand an object to the player and as well receive an object by utilizing the video clip. Good work.

I found this game to have utilized a method of encapsulating objectives which has the outcome of limiting the trouble the gamer can get themselves in to.

The characters played their roles superbly. Exceptional for a hidden object game. Real people performing the roles of local Louisianians. Cooter was my favorite -- he played a clueless good old boy and did so with out an ounce of shame.

The squeamish may find some scenes YUK! However if one can go with the flow and set back and enjoy the superb graphics, sound effects, role playing and read a good journal I am convinced you will enjoy.

By-the-way with just a smidgen of imagination the gamer could allow themselves to not only smell the rot but to feel the mosquitoes bite. I am not sure I will enjoy Jambalaya or Gumbo as much as I use to.

My hat is off to the creative work of the development team.

Just finished this game. Not at all challenging. Graphics were quite nice. I had a difficult time remaining in the hidden object scene where the gorilla was held in the cage. His frantic sounds from being caged really disturbed me. At games end I wanted to put the sailor in the cage and release the disturbed gorilla. All in all a good play. The game however had the possibilities for being more involved.

posted in Christmas Wonderland on Dec 24, 10 2:09 PM
A delightful treat for the holidays. As an adult kid I enjoyed immensely playing of this Christmas Eve 2010. Don't you wish all around the globe could enjoy such bounty this game depicted.

To all gamers may your Christmas be bright and have a safe, healthy and prosperous New Year.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator