Posts created by Fargosis16

nyanyamaria wrote:
picman050967 wrote:"...but this feels more like I am coming down with something."

Anyone else finding this part suspicious as well? Would some kind of illness be related to the game?

Maybe a reference to the Black Plague or bird flu?

nyanyamaria wrote:
Butterflyshrimp wrote:
Laura29 wrote:Butterfly Shrimp, I do agree with you. I haven't played Madame Fate in ages, but I do remember wondering about that final scene; always seemed suspicious to me. Because I've never seen anything to contradict it, I've always assumed things happened as presented in the game, and haven't really questioned it. Which, now that I think of it, could be my mistake...

Hi Laura29 ~ I went through Madame Fate more times than I care to say because of the clue at the end regarding Return to Ravenhearst & Rose. The more times I went through it, the more I noticed that final scene. I "never" saw him lay one finger on her. I'm not saying I'm right, just saying what I noticed the most. It always bothered me because that "was" the assumption but I wanted proof. I've yet to see proof.

My thoughts as well. Drizzly, but mostly foggy, made me think immediatly of Madame Fate. The Louisiana bayous too, but if I had to choose between both I'd go for MF. Almost sure she mentions some kind of fog during the game. A fog approaching to kill her? A foggy fate for the MD? I haven't played the game recently, so I can't tell.
ETA that the 12 hours is most definitely a clue. And she did die at the stroke of midnight.

And now about the bird of prey that owns the night, coul "own the night" possibly be a reference to the colour of the bird? Night = black feathers, not necessarily as in nocturnal.

That's what I thought too

Considering de la mar is French for
Of the the sea
Perhaps Charles father is the French man leading us into an elaborate trap?

purplealikat wrote:Holy cow! 7 pages to catch up on! Great job fishies.

My thoughts on the "a dead body revenges not injuries": could the answer be as simple as ... just because you killed someone (a dead body) does not mean you will feel as if you've equaled the score? That maybe the killing was just a temporary release, and that the "injury" to you still persists?

Or maybe, I just need more

Hmmm, then perhaps we're going to see the detective slip into insanity,
Something's never change
Maybe this means we're becoming just as bad as Charles?

Vultraz wrote:
Fargosis16 wrote:
Vultraz wrote:
Eoarod wrote:OK - going back to EFR - if you got the CE you got the "bonus" game H0 pics...a very ominus gentleman with lots and lots of ravens...(though no...they aren't noctournal...but heck this could just be semantics!) and our Hero vowing never to return to the Irish sea coast (good luck with that ) - could both be more red herrings...and I don't have time right now to give a thorough look to that bonus material...but we should look there also!!!

I have the EFR CE, and I can't remember ever finding the bonus stuff...was it after the credits or something? Because I can't remember any HO scene or vowing to never return to the Irish sea coast. What have I missed?

There are morphing objects hidden in the journal, find them and get two hidden object scenes

That's it...? Seriously, that's it? 2 HOs? In 13th Skull you get a whole mini game, like 1 or 2 or so more hours of gameplay, and in EFR you get 2 HOs?

Yeah and the coin thing which pisses me off because during my first play through it glitched up, however it was fine after I rebooted my computer.
Maybe we'll det double this time around?

Vultraz wrote:
Eoarod wrote:OK - going back to EFR - if you got the CE you got the "bonus" game H0 pics...a very ominus gentleman with lots and lots of ravens...(though no...they aren't noctournal...but heck this could just be semantics!) and our Hero vowing never to return to the Irish sea coast (good luck with that ) - could both be more red herrings...and I don't have time right now to give a thorough look to that bonus material...but we should look there also!!!

I have the EFR CE, and I can't remember ever finding the bonus stuff...was it after the credits or something? Because I can't remember any HO scene or vowing to never return to the Irish sea coast. What have I missed?

There are morphing objects hidden in the journal, find them and get two hidden object scenes

L84Skool wrote:Nighthawk? Just a thought.

Perhaps but raven defiantly fits the games better

bekair wrote:
dogmama wrote:
bekair wrote:
dogmama wrote:Bekair et al~ Why can't the energy that Picman has lost be because an entity is *using Picman* for it's own energy? Draining him like it would a battery? And maybe that's why Picman was so specific about "being baaack" on the one hand (entity speaking) and then in the last part of the post writing of feeling drained (Picman speaking).

Is our Raven back ?

DRAINING PICMAN !!!

well OK - but YOU put the drain in.

bbt

Hello Bekair? What's the YOU (hoping it's generic for WE) mean please ? Guess I'm feeling paranoid .

NO D/M - you don't have to FEEL paranoid - YOU ARE

I won't touch that dam drain with a 10 foot RAVEN!

bbt

I would not touch a 10 foot raven, I'd probably run away

sunfish09 wrote:I'm away from my computer and I can't read the highlighted answers I can't highlight my answers from my phone either. I'm sure you are doing a great job fishes

Just do what I do, copy and paste into a separate tab

Scratch my last theory, earlier in this thread the idea of Charles having a brother was introduced, and this actually makes a lot of sense and wraps things up.
Charles father murdered Charles older brother edmond by ways of the cult AT shadow lake before Charles was born, abigal sent her husband to an insane asylum. When Charles was born his resemblance was uncanny to his father trigger an every present loathing in abigal.

now Charles father is using the ravens to spread a plague beyond the grave.

Hmmmm....perhaps Charles father is bringing apon a plague to end the human race?
In every one of picmans posts he's referenced being sick, perhaps that's the real clue and the number code was just a red herring?

Enamorte wrote:
atsfgal wrote:
Enamorte wrote:
atsfgal wrote:A new clue was put up on the facebook site
Highlight: SEIRUJNITONSEGNEVERYDOBDAEDA

"A DEAD BODY REVENGES NOT INJURIES"

Perhaps another way of saying "a dead person can't get revenge"? Hmm. Doesn't really sound accurate for MCF, but what the hey.

It was posted by Mystery Case Files. I think it's legit

I realize that. I only meant that, given the supernatural themes in MCF, a person being dead in these games doesn't necessarily mean they're unable to get revenge.

Perhaps Charles father (I suspect he's either the raven or the French man) is going to get his revenge?

Vultraz wrote:Maybe "Some things never change" refers to a constant location? The paranormal investigator position implies ghosts, right? For ghosts, you need a dead body. For a dead body you need a coffin. The coffin needs to be buried somewhere. Somewhere could be X, with a constant marker or landmark indicating its location? Maybe something changes, but the indicator is always leads to the coffin at X?

And the Ravehnearst pic, IIRC, someone on the pre-spec thread said the text mentioned '2-year olds'. Maybe the coffin is for a child? A ghost of a child haunting the lake?

Plus, lake = water. I saw somewhere some discussion of connection between Phineas Crown's wife(?) and Charles's mother. Lake...water...pirate ship...child from Ravenhearst... Charles's dead little brother, maybe?

Just some of my crazy ideas.

Perhaps not younger but....older, we saw a body in the tub in escape that at instead many of us thought signified a dead/absent father, but obviously that's wrong
Perhaps the child and the body in the bath are connected? It seems a little random for Charles to throw an insignificant person into an adaptation of his childhood

RavenQuo wrote:Are there any characters who've appeared in some form in all, or nearly all of the games? The mysterious Frenchman, perhaps? I really don't think this is going to be Ravenhearst-centered this time, so I dunno if that's Charles talking. Maybe Felix?

I like the idea of the return to HOGs rather than MOs, but is there anything that's been truly constant throughout the series? Other than that there's always something new?

You mean characters like abigal and dr. Lanswiller? Yeah we've ad a couple here's some off the top of my head
Edmond Last
French man
Charles father
Abigal Delmar/crown/dalimar
Dr. Robert Lanswiller
Reginald sommberset (he went to court against Charles claiming he killed his wife and daughters, perhaps a distant relative of a certain detective? Hmmmmm....)

dogmama wrote:Something making me scratch my head~~ Twice now, the house we visited has been called the Delmar House. The first time, it was the title of a thread in the hints section started by Imbrium. At the time, I figured it was just a little mistake . But, when I went to the walkthrough made by MargieB to see if a pic of the Madame Fate poster was there, she also said Delmar House. If it had happened anywhere except here and by those in the know, I would have just thought it was another mistake. But it's really hard to see MargieB making that kind of mistake, and I am a very suspicious person . I think, way back, someone deciphered Dalimar as meaning "by the sea" which I believe is the same meaning as Delmar. So my question/thought is could Charles' father's last name have been Delmar, and Abigail changed it to Dalimar after he was committed to the asylum. Reputation, ya know? Probably wouldn't have been great for her "social life" to have a husband who was a lunatic.

Not so fast! Dal-I-mar means 'from the marks' in Italian

larwen wrote:They did mention the song the violin guy was playing.
I don't remember what it is though. Another thing I'll have to
check next time. It wasn't the same song though.
I thought I was doing really good with my notes.
But I missed way more than I wrote down.

One thing I did wonder about is the phrasing that Charles
used in one of the little videos. He said, "They man I came
to know as my father." I just thought it was odd wording.

ETA: Sometimes I think the devs are around specifically to drive me crazy.

Glad I'm not the only one who noticed the bizarre wording, perhaps this man was just some pedophile and Charles was just a dumb kid,

dogmama wrote:Larwen~~ I played the first bonus H0 scene and it totally disappeared from the case file . I won't do that with the second as I think the pic is important.

Would you check and see if you have the name of the woman who wrote the article about Emma? And also, would you write down exactly what the note in the hands says and also what it says in the patient folder as they conflict? Did the docyor have a first name? Thanks!

The doctors name was Robert.
He actually was introduced in return to ravenhearst ((his signature and name was on some paper work and medical records))

dogmama wrote:The rock bothered me too . I also wanted to find something in the doll house and thought there should be something.

Wonder if the 4 ravens represent Emma, Rose and the twins? I need to go play those two H0 scenes. I didn't as I was afraid they would disappear and wanted to keep the pics.

Also, wondering if there is anything else in the journal.

Someone thought it could have been C's dad (maybe his name is Nathaniel?) that was actually in MF's carnival and that would make a lot more sense to me than Charles.

Rebutle. There's an Easter egg jump scare involving the raven staring at you intensely, if it is Charles father putting this piece of game with the info charchar gave us, too me makes it sound like his father was the over protective type. I'm not a parent, I wouldn't know. This is why I think Charles was the boy in the poster, the raven was their WATCHING him. Like a sick twisted guardian angel

Mr_Russ wrote:
Is anyone else confused to why its not DALIMAR but instead DELMAR
Same meaning, different language - Da Li Mar = Del Mar (= De La Mer) = Of the sea.

But this is a persons name, my user name is still fargosis no matter what country I'm in or langue I am speaking currently

Is anyone else confused to why its not DALIMAR but instead DELMAR

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator