Posts created by MJ_Mystery

shorenuf wrote:More random thinking…

1 for 9
137 for 310
57 for 7

Math is not my strong point

It's not mine either. I'm still trying to figure this one out.

Alright! We've solved three clues...now in order to know what those answers are we need to solve this number clue. Hmmm

I just thought of something. Could the "laptop drain" that Hondo has experience be another hint towards ghosts? I heard that ghost are suppose to drain batteries and stuff in order to manifest themselves.

Vultraz wrote:
MJ_Mystery wrote:Well one of the mods has finally checked in. I hope we'll have a new clue soon. I'm already thinking up a new song for tomorrow. I'm thinking of doing one for each day as a countdown if anyone is interested.

What about a MCF parody of Gangnam Style?

Master De-tec-tive style.
De-tec-tive style
Oop Oop Oop

I don't know Gangman Style but this one is what I posted earlier today....

Eighteen days to go
Eighteen days to go
We need a clue
We are feeling blue
With eighteen days to go

Shadow Lake is eighteen days away
The bus is ready-hooray!
There always room for one more
Let's go through the door
And head on our way
With eighteen days to go

Well one of the mods has finally checked in. I hope we'll have a new clue soon. I'm already thinking up a new song for tomorrow. I'm thinking of doing one for each day as a countdown if anyone is interested.

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition on Nov 4, 12 10:25 AM
Eoarod wrote:Thanks, MJ - but you need to be careful even there!! Some folks who have beta'd the game are posting spoilers in the comments!! I totally, totally understand why they are all excited - I'd plotz if I got to beta - but man it's hard to keep yourself in the dark when so many folks want to shine their trusty H0 flashlight on you in their excitement!!

Thanks for the heads up. One thing I do is only look at the posts that are known to be done by the mods of the Facebook page (the ones that post with the countdown number beside it). I'll be careful though, you're right it can be hard to keep from getting spoilers when there seem to be so many people who are posting these spoilers.

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition on Nov 4, 12 10:22 AM
Eoarod wrote:Thanks, MJ - but you need to be careful even there!! Some folks who have beta'd the game are posting spoilers in the comments!! I totally, totally understand why they are all excited - I'd plotz if I got to beta - but man it's hard to keep yourself in the dark when so many folks want to shine their trusty H0 flashlight on you in their excitement!!

I'm being careful, thanks for the heads up.

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition on Nov 4, 12 10:01 AM
Eoarod wrote:dogmama - unfortunately we are still only "kinda" sure on talon - we've had some other good guesses on that and no confirmation - but it's as good a direction as any & I love a good banshee!!

MJ - Scotland would be awesome!! From what I've read about the pic (I'm afraid to look at it - afraid I'll look in the wrong place & get "spoiled" ) it could be any number of places! I'll pretend it's Scotland for now and pack my kilt for the bus (technically "pleated skirt" lol - girls don't wear kilts - I'm glad men do though...)

It's on the official MCF Facebook page. Just go to the official website and click on the Facebook link that's on the site and you'll go straight to it. No spoilers involved. In fact there are often clues posted on the Facebook site along with the spec thread.

There seem to be a lot of guesses for Shadow Lake to be in the United States which is kind of cool. However my guess is a little different. Has anyone thought that Shadow Lake may be in Scotland? It has so many lochs and lakes that are often foggy like the picture of the girl of the official MCF Facebook page. Just throwing my thoughts out there. Hey I've only been in the Pond for two days and I'm already a starfish, cool!

playzmuzic wrote:
it reminds me of another BF game where you needed to collect 'crow tokens' and use your pet crow to help reach objects that were out of reach. (might have been a redemption cemetery game)

Redemption Cemetery it was, indeed.

Anybody on the bus have a camp stove? Marshmallows? Hot Chocolate?

I have hot chocolate and marshmallows in my backpack/weapon. I think someone else has the camp stove or it is included in the bus...after all it is a MCF bus.

atsfgal wrote:MJ-Mystery

Thanks maybe I'll do more as we countdown to Shadow Lake.

Here's something I'm posting just for the fun of it since there have been people making such wonderful poems and songs in this thread so far so here's one of mine for what it is worth.

Eighteen days to go
Eighteen days to go
We need a clue
We are feeling blue
With eighteen days to go

Shadow Lake is eighteen days away
The bus is ready-hooray!
There always room for one more
Let's go through the door
And head on our way
With eighteen days to go

Also has anyone thought about stopping by Mama Ammie's (hope I'm spelling her name right) to stock up on things we might need in our trip to Shadow Lake and our rescue Picman mission? I personally think we could use some of her sleeping potion for any villains that might pop up and who knows what else that voodoo madam might have that could help us out. I have room in my bottomless backpack/weapon for stuff still.

mouldmom wrote:I want on the bus! I have pipe wrenches, matches, and laterns! I will collect them and be waiting at the bus stop.

This is moving way to fast this year for me. Maybe because Sandy ate my brain last week...

I'll be back afterwork. Which probably means another 20 pages to catch up on before anything.

Welcome to the bus. The pipe wrenches, matches and lanterns will be a big help. Also glad to know that you're alright after Sandy.

Purplerabbit wrote:
Vultraz wrote:

(Whited out bc these are some theories I devised based off the screenshots on FB )

What do you mean on FB? There aren't any screenshots on FB. If these aren't from official channels (MCF or BFG) they should not be posted in here, even whited-out. I suggest you remove them.

I'm back all. I think that Purplerabbit is talking about the photos that can be found on the official MCF Facebook page which includes a picture that announced Shadow Lake with a girl standing on a pier.

Eoarod wrote:
sunfish09 wrote:I've been looking up Shadow Lake and I found something funny that I don't think has anything to do with this game.

There is this author B.L Hoffman who wrote 3 books
Mystery at shadow Lake
Return to shadow Lake
Escape from Shadow Lake.
Now I know I heard that before if you put Ravenhearst instead of Shadow Lake

What the FIN? Now that is just creepy! Good work sunfish - may have nothing to do with anything - but it's worth mentioning just for the creeeepieness!

I'm also surprised about this. Well I'm off to bed. See you all tomorrow.

Fargosis16 wrote:
MJ_Mystery wrote:
Vultraz wrote:
MJ_Mystery wrote:
bows123456 wrote:Random thought...the villains in 13th Skull drowned at the end...possibly they are the ones looking for revenge??

But I always thought that it wasn't the MD's fault that they drowned it was Crown's because he caused what happened to them. If I'm right then why would they be out for revenge on the MD?
]

Bc villans are usually that way. They don't see the person actually responsible for their (in this case) demise as the one at fault, they see (in this case) the one whom they "hired" to solve the case and who didn't save them as the one at fault. Plus the think he might have known what would happen, and let them die anyway.

Oh and, any room left on the bus for another fishie? I can bring chocolate.

I think that there is still room, no one has told me just how big the bus is. What you say does make sense but I'm not sure that they'll be back but I could always be wrong.

Didn't we also drown?

No, because we were on the other side of the river/swamp when Crown made a wave pull the villains down and drown them. How else were we able to climb aboard his ship, find out all that information for EFR and put an end to Crown.

Vultraz wrote:
MJ_Mystery wrote:
bows123456 wrote:Random thought...the villains in 13th Skull drowned at the end...possibly they are the ones looking for revenge??

But I always thought that it wasn't the MD's fault that they drowned it was Crown's because he caused what happened to them. If I'm right then why would they be out for revenge on the MD?
]

Bc villans are usually that way. They don't see the person actually responsible for their (in this case) demise as the one at fault, they see (in this case) the one whom they "hired" to solve the case and who didn't save them as the one at fault. Plus the think he might have known what would happen, and let them die anyway.

Oh and, any room left on the bus for another fishie? I can bring chocolate.

I think that there is still room, no one has told me just how big the bus is. What you say does make sense but I'm not sure that they'll be back but I could always be wrong.

purplealikat wrote:
LOL! I think I have some cornbread in my bottomless backpack/weapon.

Uh.....the cornbread isn't what makes your backpack so deadly, is it????? We uh, might need to "soften" it a bit if it is brick-like.

LOL! That's not why it's deadly...though the metal frying pan it's in might be and the hardbound mystery book I'm reading and the legal dictionary I have for school might also be the reason I consider it a weapon.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator