Posts created by dashwood95

posted in Ghost Town Mysteries: Bodie on Oct 25, 09 10:58 AM
Can't really top what everyone else has said. Don't buy.

posted in PuppetShow: Mystery of Joyville ™ on Oct 23, 09 1:19 PM
I didn't realize I was about five minutes away from finishing it when the demo ran out. I waited a while (1-3 weeks?) to buy it, and while it was a fun game I kind of wish I hadn't. I could have spent my 7 on something I had more time left on, but oh well.

The graphics were pretty good. The objects you find weren't so outrageously hard or too easy. I agree the puzzles didn't require much thought, but then most of us have played a hundred games like this right? I mean don't we always say they're too easy (except when we don't! )

posted in Delaware St. John - The Curse of Midnight Manor on Oct 16, 09 2:42 PM
2 : A town with no name is out.

posted in Delaware St. John - The Curse of Midnight Manor on Oct 16, 09 2:38 PM
You'll have to be a little more explicit. I see you have several questions on here. Have you taken a look at the walkthrough yet?

posted in Delaware St. John - The Curse of Midnight Manor on Oct 16, 09 2:36 PM
That means the hunter got you. You'll have to repeat the chase and get to the room faster or be stuck in a never ending cycle.

posted in Delaware St. John - The Curse of Midnight Manor on Oct 16, 09 2:35 PM
Nice topic hijack lala.

Follow the arrows exactly..no deviation. If you deviate, you have to start all over.

posted in Delaware St. John - The Curse of Midnight Manor on Oct 16, 09 2:33 PM
It's just like you thought it was in your last post. You must complete this puzzle to escape, and you must go forward,left, right, etc. the same number of times as she puts those arrows on the wall. If she says left 3 times then up 1...then you have to do it exactly that way.

I will say that the blogs and walkthroughs a few months ago were all wrong as to the number of up,down, left,rights...I had to just keep watching her myself. I wondered if the puzzle was different for everyone because of this.

posted in Delaware St. John - The Curse of Midnight Manor on Oct 16, 09 2:31 PM
And it takes more times than it should so it feels like it takes forever....forever to get it down, but I beat the game so it can be done.

posted in Delaware St. John: The Town with No Name on Oct 16, 09 2:30 PM
Have you been to the room with the smashed bathroom door and picked that up yet?

posted in Delaware St. John: The Town with No Name on Oct 16, 09 2:29 PM
That's because it's on the first floor. If I remember right, it's next to the door for the stairway.

posted in Delaware St. John: The Town with No Name on Oct 16, 09 2:27 PM
gojo is right. If you can't take it you probably still need to get the batteries in the kitchen.

posted in Delaware St. John: The Town with No Name on Oct 16, 09 2:26 PM
If you go out of order you get the kid saying you have to start over. If you put it in the wrong spot you get the response you're getting. Recheck the post board. You may be using it in the wrong spot, but even if you're not, maybe the game didn't register that you read it on the board so that might help.

posted in Delaware St. John: The Town with No Name on Oct 16, 09 2:23 PM
Correction.

In both part 1 and 2 you could never save once the chase began nor could you reload to an earlier save point. That's the point of the chase and the old adage Save and Safe Often.

But since you can keep trying it's really not a big deal. One thing I hated was that if I hit Escape like I wanted to pause it really wasn't a pause. I needed to get up and grab my nephew for a diaper change right as the scene started (I know. Excellent timing.), and when I clicked Continue I was killed in a second or two.

Lady I'm sorry to say you simply are not moving fast enough. The time given is plenty so keep plugging at it, and your speed will improve.

posted in Delaware St. John: The Town with No Name on Oct 16, 09 2:20 PM
Every time you come up a floor, you have to immediately turn around to access the stairs to the next level up...or go across the hall to the other side, but that's a bit of a waste.

And I don't remember a door with claw marks.

posted in Delaware St. John: The Town with No Name on Oct 16, 09 2:19 PM
You may have been in the wrong hallway. I had such a hard time in the darkness getting down the right hallway for a little while. It seemed like I was being a total dunce and missing the third hallway.

posted in Delaware St. John: The Town with No Name on Oct 16, 09 2:17 PM
I'll tell you what I did the first time when I saw the man. I didn't realize I didn't have to go "forward or up" in the hallway first to get to that door he's by. I didn't notice that the arrow would turn on an upward angle in front of that door he's standing outside, and that clicking on it would ensure I ended up in front of the right door.

posted in Delaware St. John - The Curse of Midnight Manor on Oct 16, 09 2:14 PM
The walkthrough is good except for the hallway thing. I remember googling for another walkthrough and still having to take a few leaps of faith.

posted in Delaware St. John - The Curse of Midnight Manor on Oct 13, 09 2:44 PM
Just in case anyone comes back and reads this...

jenak3769 in particular...

The second installment is better than the first. Less annoying screens you can't cut through and the action with the hunter is easier to get through without getting caught. I posted in that forum too.

I bought the 2nd one for the 6.99 (big for me. second one I paid "full" ::cough:: price for) and found it just as short but interesting. I guess the closed doors didn't bother me as much this time. It meant I wasn't wasting times in rooms where I couldn't do anything. Although if you see my post there you'll see it is easy to get turned around in the orphanage in part two. Very dark.

posted in Delaware St. John: The Town with No Name on Oct 13, 09 2:37 PM
It's short yes, but when you play as many games like this as I do, they ALL seem short.

I liked that it was easier to get away from the hunter in this one. It didn't seem like you were going all over creation trying to follow the ghosts like in the last one where I got lost in the never ending hallway even with the walkthrough telling me which directions to go. (It wasn't accurate btw.)

I liked the moody scenery, and now that I was used to locked doors, I rather liked them. No reason to go into rooms you don't need to do anything in like so many other games.

I didn't get through it without the walk through completely, but that was more impatience on my part and wanting to continue the storyline.

One thing I didn't like it that the first story in particular had less "ghosts" to help and seemed like it was longer coming than the ending. Course I loved the fact that the ghosts are talking directly to you (same in part one but more prevalent from the get-go here).

I did not like how easy I got turned around in the orphanage, but honestly, that might have just been me.

And lastly, spoiler I guess. In white.

Why is it when you destroy the spell it's not over then if that's what the Brit and Kelly said would happen? That part seemed like a continuity error to me, but I still liked the ending ghost scenes. Oh and how if the nun is 2 ft in front of Del with an axe does he miraculously get away? Hmpfh. That could have been written better.

posted in Time Machine: Evolution on Aug 25, 09 12:16 PM
Honestly guys I don't think it's even good for an arcade game. Uninstalled in 10 minutes, but even that was mostly because the screens take too long to clear.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator