Posts created by cagamenut

posted in The Chronicles of Noah's Ark on Apr 18, 16 3:06 PM
Just some basic questions on the game. According to the Menu, there is an untimed option but while I asked for that, it doesn't seem to exist I also cant find a way to close the game without using Close/Alt/Delete. It's great to see, and finally have, a new Match 3 but not with these two problems. Am I just not seeing it?

posted in Roads of Rome: New Generation on Jan 4, 16 8:59 PM
Easy mode does not have it, and like you, I get impatient. I wish the game offered chaining. Perhaps it will as you gain more workers.

posted in Treasures of Egypt on Dec 1, 15 10:40 AM
I was excited to see a new Match3 game since I use them to relax. However the game board seems very small and requires more attention due to the size of the gems. Unfortunately, not a buy for me,

posted in The Trials of Olympus on Nov 14, 15 7:11 PM
Since I love M3 games for relaxing, I thought I would enjoy this. With or without a relaxed mode, I found that I could not stand to see the mouths move without any sound and those mouths were really animated. I had a problem getting back to the menu to end the game. There is no menu option unless you hit play. While there is a skip/fast forward option for dialog, it doesn't just speed it up, it actually skips the entire dialog. It seemed like a lovely and attractive game when I began it. Too bad; not for me.

posted in 12 Labours of Hercules II: The Cretan Bull on Jul 21, 14 9:51 PM
I agree. Also have the first game and that pop-up is getting very annoying!

posted in Dreampath: The Two Kingdoms Collector's Edition on Jun 22, 14 11:20 PM
I'm having the same problem with the lights, and until then, loved the game. I'm 68 with an essential tremor and there is no way that I can click them quickly enough, even in casual mode. Maybe I need a three year old to help me! The SG is no help at all since the light sequences are not given. I really don't to ask for a refund since I was enjoying the game until now. BF, can a skip be added by update?

posted in Pure Hidden on Sep 17, 13 9:05 PM
Somehow I missed this game 4 years ago! I'm so glad I rather stumbled over it. The devs are geniuses. Creative and unique, with just the right mix of easy and difficult. No story line, just 'Pure Hidden'. Simply amazing but if you are looking for a standard HO game, this isn't it.

posted in Rooms of Memory on Sep 13, 13 3:59 PM
I am totally confused. This is a 'free' game so why is it offered as a TGT? I buy a lot of CE games from BF but I'm certainly not going to download a free game which will ultimately cost money, if I understand the concept correctly. It seems like an oxymoron to me. If I were inclined to do that, I would go to (gasp!) Facebook. I am always excited to see the new TGT offering, but this was a huge disappointment.

I totally agree. I was not happy to see an unknown application downloaded and installed without my permission or knowledge. I have AVG security, but somehow, BF was able to bypass it. I love BF but please don't do this again.

posted in When In Rome on Aug 21, 13 12:46 AM
@Footballfishfan... When you go to the market, you should be seeing a split screen with 4 boxes each. The top row is for whatever you sell, while the bottom is for items sold at the market. Looking at level 8, I only have 2 available logs, but can buy more at the market for 50 each. I usually try to create things to sell in the market before I buy anything. If you use the available gold on the ground to buy a second worker, you can send both out to work and your gold mounts up quickly. Hope this helps. If you don't see any logs for sale at the market (on the bottom row of boxes), then there is a problem. On level 8, there are 10 logs available to buy at the market. I'm also playing the untimed mode. BTW, I think the gold you are seeing at the market is just the 'money' available for you to use. The market, at least on level 8, doesn't sell gold.

posted in Times of Vikings on Aug 5, 13 2:02 AM
JammyKat--I second that thank you and won't bother to download the demo. I love the various relaxed option Viking games and use them to relax at the end of the day. All the timer does is make me twitchy. Nuts; I was so looking forward to the new game!

posted in Mystery Trackers: Silent Hollow Collector's Edition on Jul 25, 13 11:00 PM
As suggested, I uninstalled via the trashcan and reinstalled the game via BF website. When I opened the newly downloaded game, it still had my name as player. Once the game started, it went directly to that mini game. I'm still not able to pick up the purple piece. It almost seems as tho the original download wasn't uninstalled. I'm going to try using control panel to totally wipe the game, and then try again.

posted in Mystery Trackers: Silent Hollow Collector's Edition on Jul 25, 13 10:31 PM
I'm glad I'm not alone in this glitch! I can't pick it up either. Even tho the mini game is finished, the skip button is still active. If I click on that, lightening appears and the buttons turn green..again. Right back to the end of the mini game and still no purple triangle. I love Elephant games. It's unusual to find a glitch in their games. Bah humbug!

posted in Final Cut: Encore Collector's Edition on Jul 19, 13 10:24 PM
I too really enjoyed the game, and I'm very glad that I bought the CE. The Bonus game was well done, in my opinion, because it tied everything together. I also enjoyed the use of real actors, as well as the tour of Eipix. The morphing of cats to people was awesome! Changing from 'real time' into 'movie mode' was unique and enjoyable. The only problem that I encountered was that the full screen cut off the sides of the game so I wasn't seeing the entire scene. I've never noticed that before with other games. I usually forget about the extras, like the morphing objects, because I get caught up in the storyline and game play. Great and creative work, Devs, and thank you, BF!

posted in Stray Souls: Stolen Memories Collector's Edition on Jul 9, 13 8:07 PM
Finished the Bonus game; very hot day in So Cal so I used that as an excuse All I can say is WOW!! I'm so glad I bought the CE; sale or no sale, it is worth it. I think this game was the first time I'd seen a Bonus that really completely finished the storyline. And without confusion or lots of extra stuff. Outstanding finish!

posted in Stray Souls: Stolen Memories Collector's Edition on Jul 9, 13 3:54 AM
I'm having a great time playing but am sorry that some of other fishes aren't happy with it. I'm actually happy not to have things to collect, or morphing objects, since that means I can enjoy the game and storyline without wondering what I missed. I can't say that I particularly like the SG but it worked where I needed help, especially since I forgot to use the map. I wish the SG graphics had been larger. Since this is a sequel to the earlier Stray Souls (which I also really enjoyed), I'm thrilled to learn the 'rest of the story', or rather the beginning of the story. Other than the SG, there wasn't anything I didn't like about the game. I'm about half way through the bonus chapter and am glad I bought the CE because it seems to tie everything together. Love the little knitted doll and now understand why he is so vital to the story line. I hope this isn't the last of Stray Souls! Like reading a good mystery book, it's hard to stop. The graphics are perfect for the storyline. I don't know how long the game is since I don't have time to play the entire game in one sitting; no big deal. Thank you, BF and Devs, for several very enjoyable and captivating evenings! I would have bought it even if it wasn't on sale. How does one judge the length of a game? Wouldn't it depend on the individual skill level as well as the available time?

posted in Lost Tales: Forgotten Souls on Apr 2, 13 5:48 PM
Non-rotating puzzle pieces. There is a mirror puzzle further on in the game and again, the pieces didn't want to rotate until I clicked continuously and as fast as I could. The other glitch involves a Hint. In the Angel room, you are directed to find a pillow in the HO. I clicked all over (there is a 'punishment' for over-clicking) and finally resorted to the Hint button. The hint kept sending me to the bell on the floor in front of the organ. Thank goodness for the walk-through! The pillow was not in the bell, and except for the walk-through, I could not have continued playing. It's a lovely game but between the puzzles and the incorrect hint, it's also frustrating.

posted in Lost Tales: Forgotten Souls on Apr 1, 13 6:21 PM
URGG! I had the same problem with non-rotating pieces, and it's so frustrating! I like the game but am wondering if I am going to run into unworkable puzzles later on. Swapping puzzle pieces didn't work, and clicking twice only worked part time. I finally finished putting the pieces together but only after I got angry and kept clicking continuously. I consider this a major glitch in the game. I think I'll re-install and hope for the best.

posted in Push The Box on Mar 11, 13 3:25 AM
Guess I'm odd fish out tonight because I like it! It's a challenge, plus I really do like pigs. Yes it is different from the hidden object and match 3 games, but it actually challenges the player to figure it out. I'm a 67 year old kid who still catches snowflakes on her tongue. If this is a kid's game, so be it. Thanks BF and Devs!

posted in Otherworld: Omens of Summer Collector's Edition on Mar 9, 13 10:32 PM
Somehow I missed this Collector's Edition game when it first came out, but I sure am glad that I bought the Collector's Edition. Beautiful game with outstanding clear graphics. I like the various H-O scenes; they are not all just the same listing of items to find. Since it is also an adventure game, many of the H-O scenes are interactive and can be rather tough. I always mute the music so can't comment on that. The SC is well done with just enough help; no excessive hand holding, even in casual mode. 3 levels of play. This game is a sequel to the Otherworld: Spring of Shadows. I know, without a doubt that I will be using the SG during the game, and highly recommend the Collector's Edition for that reason. No glitches and a decent download time. I usually play Solitaire while waiting for the DL to finish. Many thanks to one of my favorite devs for an excellent game!

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator