Posts created by kgustavson

posted in Fantasy Mosaics 28: Treasure Map on Apr 24, 18 11:18 PM
This exhaustive list should only prove a point that this series should be retired. It's the same game over and over again.

posted in Modern Tales: Age of Invention Collector's Edition on Apr 18, 18 12:01 AM
What, what, WHAT??? WHHAAATTT???!! This has ALWAYS been the BEST thing about BF!! I know we've had our fights and the idiot spammers always seem to sneak in, but most of us are smart enough to not click on them, so I just don't get this. A whole community shut down. I remember fondly the absolutely outstanding forums for games like City of Fools and the early MCFs as well as singular stand-outs too many to mention. How can you shut this down? People reaching out across nations, political divides, doesn't matter, we are all one in gaming and having fun and making friends. One of the reasons I didn't stay with Steam was the community. I think a big mistake is being made here and I for one will have no reason to continue my membership.

posted in Mundus: Impossible Universe on Apr 16, 18 12:40 AM
No worries - powered through on the next try - there is a lot of "luck o' the icons" on this level!

posted in Endless Fables: Dark Moor Collector's Edition on Apr 14, 18 12:48 PM
I have only played the demo but I rather enjoyed this one. Inventory as long as your arm, lots to do. Graphics were good and voice overs were very well done. There are also some fun info items in the achievements book. My only gripe is the need for a reset button on the puzzles. I might wait for a better sale but will definitely pick this one up.

posted in Mundus: Impossible Universe on Apr 13, 18 6:28 PM
Collect 100 tiles; wood blocks on top half of field. I haven't gotten back to it yet but if I've finally had it, I'll start a new thread. Thanks!

posted in Mundus: Impossible Universe on Apr 13, 18 12:43 AM
Love/hate is spot on skpjazz! I play this one here and there (hence my late post back) but it sure is addictive. Currently stuck on level 132 where I am bound and determined not to use any bonuses!

posted in New Yankee in King Arthur's Court 5 Collector's Edition on Apr 11, 18 10:29 PM
I totally agree with Angelfish. Personally, I have thought the the last couple of episodes are just the same game over and over. Time for some new game play guys.
Always try it out for yourselves! If you've never played this series before, it is a good one.

posted in The Andersen Accounts: Chapter One Collector's Edition on Apr 10, 18 12:25 AM
Sorry for the late reply but for anyone else struggling though this mess of a game, it's the dream-catcher in the bottom right of the screen.

How you doin Bob!!?

posted in The Andersen Accounts: Chapter One Collector's Edition on Apr 10, 18 12:15 AM
Review of completed game :

This is just a mess.
- Story line makes no sense. Someone at Eipix needs to actually communicate with their story board creator as the hinted at Red Riding Hood thing never becomes a thing. It's like they forgot all about the back story and just did something else entirely.
- HOS are nothing but straight lists. And like many other games of theirs, it's like someone else created the graphics after the demo. The demo graphics are just awful, blurry messes. After the demo is just junk pile indecipherable crap. Not like I want anything to be obvious but this is just ridiculous tediousness to take up time.
- Mini games - there were some that were pretty good and then some others that made no sense. I skipped 2 of them but I would have to say they did alright here.
- Back to the story line. Wow, where do I begin. There is no tie-in to Red Robin Hood. Ever. There is a witch and then they forgot about it. This game is like visiting your great-grandma
(both of mine are gone now but it went something like this toward the end).
- Please hire story-board writers and then actually interact with them throughout the process of creating the game.
- Run far away from this one

posted in Mundus: Impossible Universe on Apr 8, 18 11:21 PM
Thanks so much!! Sorry for the lack of original details! I don't think I ever realized that butterflies cannot reach the top.
Thanks again

posted in Mundus: Impossible Universe on Apr 8, 18 1:58 PM
Totally stuck here - at some point during play my move count suddenly goes to 0 and I lose. What triggers this?

posted in Darkness and Flame: The Dark Side Collector's Edition on Apr 1, 18 10:39 PM
This series just does not disappoint! It might be simpler than their Lost Lands series but I for one just cannot get enough of their graphics and fantastic cut scenes. I didn't find any mindless back-and-forth - most tasks are pretty straightforward with a couple tasks finished later but it makes sense to the story. I also love the custom ability to uncheck what I call "auto-finding" collectibles - adds a nice level of challenge. And no, they do not jump out at you as giant, obvious items nor are they the same item in every scene.

Now, if they would just offer another in their crime series I would be over the moon!!

posted in Immortal Love: Black Lotus Collector's Edition on Mar 26, 18 12:32 AM
Win 7, no "flickering" issues, but final puzzle does not allow me to pick up the last lotus. No choice but to skip the puzzle.

posted in Immortal Love: Black Lotus Collector's Edition on Mar 24, 18 1:08 AM
kiddopal - that is an EXCELLENT idea. Let's see if we can find a flagpole to run that up. Obviously we need higher decision makers than the customer service folks. I think they still have offices here in Seattle so I'll check that out this weekend. And considering the latest Carol Reed is selling for only $14 bucks on the dev site (thanks Bartsister!) I can't imagine the Fishes That Be somehow complaining that the prices are too high for them to make a profit. Hmmmm....certainly worth a shot I think.

posted in Immortal Love: Black Lotus Collector's Edition on Mar 22, 18 10:51 PM
I agree, but I have heard the same arguments put forth as Bartsister has mentioned. I just replayed Epistory and that is just such a fantastically unique game that I do yearn for more of them. Remember the first City of Fools and what a wonderful, lively, helpful Forum spawned from it?! There is a place called, uh, the vapor that results from boiling water, but it is pretty easy to plunk down 20 or 30 bucks for a game and then be really disappointed as there are no (or very few) free trials and the community is hard to get a grasp on. So I too eagerly await more offerings from my old Fishy Friend.

posted in Haunted Hotel: Lost Dreams Collector's Edition on Mar 9, 18 10:45 PM
This was just "meh" to me. I totally enjoyed this series for many installments but this one just left me feeling rather bored. I really don't mind finding the many keys/statues/whatever as that's the MO for this series but the over abundance of puzzles was ridiculous, most of which were just time suckers and leant nothing to the story. Maybe I'll purchase as an SE, maybe not.

And why is everyone worried about their reviews not showing up on the home page? This review forum is open to all to see and I usually find better game info here (along with any potential tech problems). Long ago there were no starred reviews and I kinda wish it would go away as the early reviews are usually only based on the demo and that is hardly fair to a game.

To all that like this one, enjoy!

posted in Scarlett Mysteries: Cursed Child Collector's Edition on Mar 7, 18 10:49 PM
This is a nicely simple, straight-forward game but the demo just wasn't long enough for me to make a decision. I don't know what the devs were thinking with the short demo, but I was enjoying the story, kinda. Hmmmm...guess I'll wait for a Members Sale.

Wow - shortest demo ever! I had 55 minutes left and I did not skip any puzzles, I play with no sparkles or plus item indicators (not like that really matters with these guys), and used no hints in the HOPs or elsewhere in the game. I didn't even need to jump map. I did find some of the puzzles a bit of a nice change, but the HOPs were same old. Graphics were good, but not enough to change my mind. Story is pretty much the same as all of them. Given their recent trend toward 15 minute bonus games I am a sad "no buy" for this one. Extras are rather slim as well and I personally do not care for the "souvenir hunt" as I find it a silly waste of time. Such a shame as the first few of this series were really, really good.

posted in Beyond the Invisible: Darkness Came on Feb 1, 18 10:35 PM
Wish BF would let us give 1/2 stars as I would rate this 3 1/2 as there certainly are some really clunky moments, but oddly enough they seem to happen during the demo time. The translation stuff was of no care to me at all as the voice over work here was really exceptionally well done, and the story line really picks up after the demo. As for game play, I enjoyed that it was more adventure-focused and I think there were only 2 HOS (yay!!) that did repeat but were rather interactive with inclusive puzzles. There was very little "find this to put on that" back and forth stuff and I found the game very straightforward. I admit to hammering the hint button a number of times and was not disappointed with the help offered.
I strongly recommend this one!

I normally really like this series, but this one left me flat. The story was ok, but it just got buried under the weight of relentless inventory items that I constantly had to replace. I think that by the end of the game I needed about 7 knives, 10 crowbars, a handful of cauldrons, and a vast number of assorted wrenches, screwdrivers, chisels and hammers. This is just ridiculous and really takes a lot of fun of the game away for me. Hopefully they change their tune for the next installment.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator