Posts created by Badgerrrt

posted in Nordic Storm Solitaire on Jun 9, 15 7:08 PM
Good to see your reviews again, [i]twinsoniclab.

posted in Regency Solitaire on Apr 12, 15 9:30 PM
WOW - I am with you on that one @ MSJMOM! WTH!!!??!!

Well, after posting MY feelings on this point of view, I have morphed into a "lobster" (I have 80 posts in 7 years!)

So agree! I seldom use the free game purchase codes, as there are so few SE offering and you cannot use them toward CE offerings (I don't understand why). I do not feel I am entitled to anything - I buy games because I like them and I like BFG. I've bought hundreds of games since beginning in 2008. However, to get all the bonus games in a CE offering, or the 'morphing objects, etc., you often have to purchase the CE. I could care less about wallpapers, and once in a blue moon (rarely) would I ever be interested in a soundtrack. So, for me, the CE's are overpriced. However, I buy them if I really like the game, which I realize is the whole point. I've played (and replay) many wonderful games over the years and to all the developers I am thankful and appreciative. Theirs is a special kind of talent! These are only suggestions about the free game purchase codes. Thanks for reading!

Happy Gaming! Thanks for all you do!

posted in Christmas Eve: Midnight's Call on Dec 24, 14 7:24 PM
Just wanted to wish all the wonderful folks at Big Fish Merry Christmas!

Also to all of those who take the time to review the games: I appreciate you all so much!

Merry Christmas to all!

posted in Clutter IV: Minigame Madness Tour on Oct 18, 14 12:44 PM
Every time I try to play it crashes! I have never had that happen with a game before.

posted in League of Light: Wicked Harvest Collector's Edition on Oct 9, 14 2:08 PM
Jurinne wrote:Hey! I just turned into a clownfish!

HeHeHe.....I turned into a SQUID the other day!

posted in Ominous Objects: Family Portrait Collector's Edition on Jul 21, 14 2:18 PM
Very well said, laraly! I am getting very tired of the over-colorization and distortion
of many of the scenes in many of the games. It's hard on the eyes and looks too cartoon-ish! All the scenes look as if the game is a fairytale! I hope this is one trend that goes away soon, because I don't like it!

Thanks for listening to my gripe!

Blessings! Badger

posted in Dark Parables: Ballad of Rapunzel Collector's Edition on Jun 26, 14 2:38 PM
Malware. I recommend Malwarebytes - I've run this on my computer for years and its free.

posted in Jewel Match IV on Jun 16, 14 3:08 PM
Thank you sooo much for that information!!

posted in Holiday Jigsaw: Halloween on Oct 30, 13 5:18 PM
quarlesqueen wrote:I just finished playing the demo, and this seems to be a very good Halloween jigsaw, but for me it was challenging, as far as vision goes.
I did pick one that had a lot of peices, and they were so small, I couldn't even see the parts, that go into the other peices .
It does offer a magnifying glass, but you can only use it to view a puzzle peice, than it clicks off, I would need it the entire time, if it wasn't for that I would buy it, because I did like the pictures offered, plus it had the ghost, boarder peices only, etc.
I didn't get to check and see if your able to change the number of puzzle peices, that are already selected, for the puzzles shown?
Really the game opened up with no instructions, at least none that I saw, I was just left with picking a picture, and than clicking the play arrow, which I found on my own.
Now I wish I would of picked an easier puzzle, and took the time to look around more..Duh..wasted all of my time on that cool looking girl ( witch ) that was over 100 peices, and my demo ran out.
Hopefully someone will write a full review, that I can get enough information, to maybe decide and get it, if there is a way to be able to see the tiny peices.
I did play a few very easy ones, but those had very few peices, most of the other puzzles, had a lot of peices, and those I cannot see good enough .

But if you do like jigsaws, and have good vision, I think this is a winner .

I am HOPING they come out with a new Halloween H0 game, love those and buy them every year, when the developer makes a new one, so keeping fins crossed, and eye's peeled .

Dear Quarlesqueen: I'm with you 100% ! I too am hoping BigFish comes out with a new Halloween HO game - I'm tired of playing the old ones! I'll keep my fins crossed for us both!

posted in Nevertales: The Beauty Within Collector's Edition on Oct 24, 13 6:10 PM
Oh, yes, BTW, I miss VALDY, also!

posted in Nevertales: The Beauty Within Collector's Edition on Oct 24, 13 6:09 PM
sapphire46 wrote:I'd like to thank Nilosh and all the other reviewers for keeping things going.
I value your input as there is no forum now and I don't know where everyone has gone. All the old names have disappeared, even in the reviews. I have seen that DLO is still around, that's great. I used to read Valdy but she had gone somewhere now.
Thank you again, without you people like me are stuck.

Yes!! I also want to take a minute and express my sincere thanks and appreciation to all the Big Fish out there who take their time and their game expertise and post game reviews! I read them frequently and I not only find them very entertaining but extremely helpful when playing the games.
Blessings to you all ! Badgerrrt@yahoo.com

posted in Call of the Ages on Oct 23, 13 5:15 PM
Hespera wrote:Based on the Demo:
As much as I love Playrix and hold their original Fishdom Match 3 games in the highest esteem, (as well as RE, etc.), I have to say that this game is a huge disappointment.

It is an obvious remake of Around the World in 80 Days, which was a good game for its time. They upgraded graphics, video and FX, but left the game play as it was, which means it has that sloggy, playing in the mud feel, with the board paralyzed while tiles move.

Playrix is a developer who knows Match 3 play and they know that Match 3 players expect to keep playing while the board is moving. They use this concept in their Fishdom games.

It truly hurts me to say this is probably the only Playrix game I won't purchase. Sorry, Playrix team, but I think you really dropped the ball on this one and didn't go as far as you should have to make a really good game.

Hespersa< I could not agree more! It's like you took the words right out of my brain! Playrix games ARE the experts on match-3 games but this one IS a large disappointment! Poor color choices, and the 'relaxed mode' isn't a true relaxed mode, in my opinion. And I absolutely hated the levels where the sand bars would fill up the screen. I hope they are not riding on the laurels of their past successes!

posted in The Happy Hereafter on Oct 15, 13 3:22 PM
This is a heartfelt "Thank You" for all of the special and caring people who take the time and trouble to post reviews for the games! Your efforts and reviews are truly appreciated! I frequently read them for tips and insights into the games. I find them very helpful and entertaining!
Blessings to you all for all you do! Badger.

Valdy, your are completely correct! Its all related to how you have your PC configured !

posted in Myths of the World: Chinese Healer Collector's Edition on Jun 29, 13 6:30 PM
gamblebug wrote:I agree with most fishies,i like the game.Like the fact of being in a completely different world.Scenery is beautiful,even though there is a sale this week,i'm not buying.Please BF start offering more Se's .I have 7coupons to get rid of. I have 9 credits to use to,only cause i always buy extra.BF should work on a way for us that ususally buy mostly collectors games to be able to coupons toward them,so for now i will hold off,there are at least % CE's i'd like .Oh well enjoy fishies,good game.

Gamebug, I definitely agree with you!
I, too, wish that the wonderful people at BigFish could offer us fishies a way to use our collected 'Free game" coupons towards the purchase of a CE; perhaps combine 2 free game coupons to make a "collector's coupon" or something of that nature.

posted in Love Story: The Way Home on Jun 26, 13 5:41 PM
cbtx wrote:This game, like the first 2 "Love Story" games is sugary sweet, a bit unrealistic, outrageously heart-tugging, and completely over the top sentimental ---- and that's fine by me!!

In addition to the above, the game has no extras, no widescreen, and no voiceovers ---- and that's fine by me!!

I like these games because they are a complete departure from what we normally see here, and they feature sound storytelling, interesting HOS, and cleverly done puzzles. And I like the trips back in time to an era long gone.

I'm sure these games are primarily aimed at the ladies, but I believe these games have a universal sort of appeal, and good games are universally appealing ---- so it's a buy for me!!

I'm with you all the way on this one, CBTX...I could not say it better! I too get tired of the dark themes of many of the games and this is a welcome difference!
BTW, I always enjoy and value your reviews - Thanks!

Have a great summer!

posted in The Path of Hercules on Jun 21, 13 8:18 PM
After reading many reviews of this game and reading that some folks didn't find this game "much of a challenge" or a "no-brainer", I thought I was reading the wrong review! True, the logistics of the game are very simple but it is far from easy, especially played in the timed mode!
Maybe I'm not as smart as I thought I was but I've never even been able to successfully complete the last level even in the relaxed mode!
The game is superb - I love games that tell a story of Greek history but , at least for me anyway, the pleasure has been offset by being unable to successfully finish the game!
I wonder if adolescents or teens play these games -I always get the impression that most of us fishies are older than that.
I've probably played and replayed this game more than any other - and I've played many, but maybe I'll get lucky and get to the end!
If I had one wish, it would be that Playrix would have made it a tad easier at the end. I can't even fathom being able to successfully finish this game in the timed mode!!!
Hats off to those who have been successful!

posted in Aquascapes on Jun 21, 13 2:44 PM
Oh, how I wish there was an automatic feeder for this game, It seems like you have to feed the fish way too frequently!

Oh well....I really LOVE this game otherwise.

BTW: Happy First Day of Summer my fishie friends!

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator