Posts created by Paristan

posted in Otherworld: Spring of Shadows Collector's Edition on Jan 23, 12 1:29 PM
Wow!! I have been struggling to find a game I want for about 3 months now as the 'dark' themes are so uninteresting.
Thankfully you have brought this game out just before I cancelled my membership.

The graphics are very inviting, the magical theme is escapist and relaxing in a positive way and I really don't mind English accents, being from Australia.

So I am buying this one.

posted in Odysseus: Long Way Home on Oct 17, 11 2:49 AM
Hurray. So glad this game showed up. Something fun for a change. I was worried BigFish had crossed over to the dark side. I am TOTALLY over games to do with murder, insanity, brutality, voodoo and death. I was ready to stop my membership!

Please try to keep family friendly and remember lots of us want to have FUN,.

Hurray
A fun fairytale game again. I am totally over dead, horrible, gruesome, grotesque etc. Enough of that already in the world.
So thanks for a lovely escapist game again!

Well I am very happy with the new download manager. Where I live it always takes ages as I only can get a satellite connection (australian style Lol!).
Since the new manager came along it has been a bit faster but totally 100% trouble free.
So I am thrilled!

posted in Magic Farm 2 on Sep 5, 11 2:57 AM
I absolutely loved the first Magic Farm which came out about 3 years ago. I still play it!!
So I am thrilled to see this one. It is bit different but the kind of game I will come back to over and over again!
Beautiful graphics and the way cute dragon is still there.

posted in Margrave: The Curse of the Severed Heart on Jul 21, 11 3:20 AM
blujeens wrote:Wow, I'm glad I did! The first thing that blew me away was the intro music by Helen Lawson singing "This Town." I had to let the tune play twice all the way thru before I could even click on Play the first time! And then I had to let it play thru again every time I got back to the game (don't have the time to play for hours at a time like some of you can! ) She's a fantastic singer - like a British version of Carly Simon or Janis Ian.
3. The voice of the woman was not grating or annoying to me. She's got a British accent, but it was clear and easy to understand unlike some of the other games.

4. The game music was usually soothing to listen to. In fact I hung around one or two scenes a few seconds longer just to listen to it.

All in all, I extremely glad that I purchased this game. It was just different enough from some of the other HOGs that I will not forget this one. I HIGHLY recommend buying it, and I hope that future buyers don't get too put off by the first few reviews on this posting.

Thanks for your great review! Your comments, particularly about the music, encouraged me to download and I am really glad that I did. Iloved this game and the accents. I have more trouble with American accents but I guess that is because I live in AUstralia. If I had known how good this was going to be I would have bought the CE version

posted in Vampire Saga - Welcome To Hell Lock on Jul 9, 11 3:47 AM
I Beta'd this one and was really looking forward to the release because I really can't stand hidden object scenes where I have no idea where something is. I always use the hints. So at last the clever idea of changing the colour of the word as I get closer - hurray!!!!
I was particularly reminded of how great this is this afternoon when I was playing some old hidden object game and the hint button took forever to recharge and everything was impossible to find and .... Am I going on a bit here!!!
So I really appreciate being able to actually FIND stuff in the Hidden Object scenes rather than having to use the hint button so much.
I tend to play games because I like the story line. I don't mind a bit of looking for stuff. But not just gratuitous Hidden Object scenes to kill time.
So I really enjoyed this game. The scenes were creepy but funny at the same time. I got a good laugh out of it. I recommend it. 4 out of 5 stars from me

posted in Dreamland on Jun 8, 11 1:55 AM
I Beta tested this game also and really enjoyed it. I am glad I had the chance because it has turned me onto some of these darker sorts of games which I hadn't tried before.
The graphics weren't 'pretty' but they were suited to the game style. When I did the Beta I enjoyed it so much I was surprised how fast the time past. It is easy enough to be able to play without a walk through if you want to and still be challenged. Some of the mini games are very easy so a good mix of experiences. I am pleased it has been released without waiting forever

posted in Snark Busters: All Revved up on May 7, 11 4:11 AM
I can't believe it!!!!!
I loved the first one. Funny, great graphics, puzzles just hard enough and lovely bright cheerful colours. A good contrast to all the gloomy (but often still fun) games last couple of weeks.
I am a buy before I try on this one.

posted in Snark Busters: All Revved up on May 7, 11 4:08 AM
Rebeca_Lily wrote:Gamegirl, never buy instant!!! At least play 5 minutes, only to check if the game run fine on your computer - play, exit, enter again and see if you are in the place you left the game - and only then buy.

I am surprised that so few fishies are here, expected crowded hysterical cry...

I almost agree! But there are no posts in technical issues so low risk.
The first Snark Busters was awesome so its a leap in and buy for me too.

I am addicted to Dream Chronicles and even liked Book of Air - love the graphics. And I am still trying to get out of the maze in, I think its the 3rd one, lol!
So I will buy before I try. Just waiting for my offpeak internet download way out here in the Australian back blocks where the best we can get is windup satellite internet!!

posted in Puzzling Paws on Apr 19, 11 5:16 AM
I am aslo having this problem. I am contacting the support team with details of my computer etc so they can check it out. They need to know this stuff to resolve the problem. I use Windows 7.
Has anyone managed to read what the DOS window says before it closes. I am not that fast!

posted in Behind the Reflection on Apr 1, 11 3:36 AM
Glad I am not the only one having trouble. The trail was awesome. I havent down loaded this updated version but doesnt sound optimistic. What a terrible pity!

posted in Dreamscape on Oct 23, 10 5:24 PM
Thanks all the people who gave this a good review. I have never played one of these types of games before.
What is an RPG?
I was so happy with this game that I want to try some more. Only if I can use the mouse though. I am hopeless with the keyboard. Just too old.
I mostly play Hidden Object adventure games - you know, the ones where you have a story and have to find bits of things and put them together like the Dream Chronicle games which are totally the best.
But this was heaps of fun and I am really enjoying it. Funny in a cute type of way but fun deal with the baddies and finding and collecting things.
So to all those neg types out there. Don't be. BFG really provide lots of options and I love to escape the bad things in the world and lose myself in these positive and fun alternative realities.
Thanks for this little bit of mind happiness!!!

posted in Farm Tribe on Oct 23, 10 3:34 PM
Thanks for all this info. I wasn't sure about this one but will definately try it now. I loved all those funny tribe and casteway games. This one sounds promising. Thanks everyone

posted in Dream Chronicles: Book of Air Collector's Edition on Jun 25, 10 1:55 AM
Me too. I just love these games. They are absolutely my favourite. Lol about finishing. I managed the first one but never found my way out of the maze in the last 2! So it will be fun to get out. I love these games so much just for their beautiful graphics. I really get immersed. Best best games Bigfish has in my books.
Thanks again!

posted in Jewel Charm on Jun 9, 10 1:24 AM
Ditto. Thanks. I thought it looked a bit childish and wasn't sure. But these games can be quite unexpectedly pleasing and that is the case for me. I like all sorts of games but particularly something that is relaxing AND makes me think a bit. 5 stars from me.

posted in Tiger Eye - Part I: Curse of the Riddle Box on May 19, 10 5:00 AM
I have enjoyed this game so far. I liked the last 'romantic one' about the vampire - ha ha ha! A bit of romance is fun sometimes! Usually Bigfish is edgy with this stuff, not sloppy.
Love that there are so many different people playing these games too.
This one is great because the Hidden Objects seem to be relevent. Not just stuff to find. I am enjoying the puzzles and the premise is interesting - an ancient dude and a modern go gettem gal!
Can't see that lasting, lol!

Thanks for another fun game.

posted in Youda Safari on May 16, 10 2:26 AM
I can't agree with you on that one. FOr the type of game it is it is great! BF has lots of variety. So we aren't all happy all the time but we are all happy sometime or other! I often download even games I don't think I will like (not repetative one like Chain though, lol!) and am often surprised. Didn't like Youda fairy though. I am too old and slow I think.
My absolute all time favourites are the Dream Chronicles followed closely by Snapshot adventures and Wandering Willows. I still go back to Magic Farm sometimes. The Avada ones just became annoying with the repetative puzzles and hate the basic hidden object games but I know some people just love them hey!
So keep up the variety I say. I think I have bought about15 games in the last 2 months so I need to actually play some of them now!

posted in Settlement: Colossus on Apr 30, 10 3:02 PM
I love this game. The hidden objects have a point - not just finding stuff for the sake of finding stuff.
It reminds me of a cross between a My Tribe type of game - with research objectives; the object of building an empire, like Cradle of Persia (which I still haven't managed to win!) and a HOG. The graphics are lovely and it is very laid back. All in all a very satisfying game to play.
I am definitely buying this game.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator