Posts created by gertie23

posted in Rooms of Memory on Mar 31, 18 3:23 PM
Thanks Librarian2003 & Liliybells.

posted in Rooms of Memory on Mar 30, 18 12:28 AM
This is a bit off topic but if someone could help it would be greatly appreciated.

I just started playing this game a couple of weeks ago & I'm still learning the ins & outs, but I can't figure out how to get the 'nutritious grains & soap bubbles' for the unicorn.

Any help would be appreciated.

posted in Rooms of Memory on Mar 28, 18 2:16 PM
I just started playing this game a couple of weeks ago & I'm still learning the ins & outs, but I can't figure out how to get the 'nutritious grains & soap bubbles' for the unicorn.

Any help would be appreciated.

I have never been able to play any of the Mortimer Beckett games, here or at any other site (they would always shut down my computer), but I thought it's been awhile so hopefully the bugs wouldn't still be there. No such luck, I had made it to the front door and boom, it shut my computer down. I do not understand it. No biggie though as it looks pretty rudimentary, so I'm not really missing anything.

posted in Phantasmat: Curse of the Mist Collector's Edition on Dec 24, 17 3:22 PM
I don't know about anybody else but the voices were positively goofy, especially the 'bad guy'. Also, nothing special.

posted in Christmas Wonderland 8 on Dec 20, 17 9:08 PM
Finished it just over 2 hours. Nothing new really, except it's 'good' to see they finally have a father. I don't remember ever seeing him in any of the others. And what happened to Grandma, they were talking about taking a tree to Grandpa & Grandma's house but no Grandma in the scene, maybe she is where Dad has been for the past 7 games?

posted in Living Legends: Uninvited Guests on Dec 2, 17 12:28 AM
Not sure how many people played 'Dark City' but if you did, did you notice the poster for this game on one of the advertising/bulletin boards? They even used the picture from above. Rather clever of them to run them one after the other.

posted in Athens Treasure on Dec 1, 17 2:03 PM
I made it to level 45 before the time ran out. But it was really boring, no upgrades, nothing to do with all the points you accumulate, what's the point? It's like going back to the beginning of computer games.

posted in Spellarium 2 on Nov 29, 17 12:33 PM
Hoey51, I've had the same problem with the Laruaville games. For the most part it clears up eventually but this time it it just wouldn't settle down & continue the game normally.

I do not use Win10, I am still using Vista.

posted in Spellarium 2 on Nov 28, 17 2:19 PM
FRH Games, I think you misunderstood my post. I was referring to the GAME SLOWING DOWN SO MUCH IT TAKES FOREVER TO FINISH A LEVEL. Everything just 'floats' around the screen.

posted in Spellarium 2 on Nov 28, 17 1:19 AM
I generally like these games (Spellarium, Laruaville, etc.), but occasionally everything slows way down (I mean way down) so it makes it really hard to continue. It took over 10 minutes to play level 10, so didn't get to finish the level (time ran out).

posted in Harrowed Halls: Hell's Thistle on Nov 25, 17 4:59 PM
I left this review on the 'collector's edition' forum back in October, my opinion hasn't changed but I bailed even sooner on this version.

"This is a ridiculous game! Sometimes I had to click on something 3 or 4 times before it would actually take (wasted about 8 minutes), very little direction (in my opinion) even after clicking the hint button. I finally had enough while on the balcony and was stuck with the 'phone gadget', it kept telling me to click on the 'achievement button' but still went nowhere? I like a bit of a challenge but I do not like frustration (bad for the blood pressure)."

I do not recommend this game.

posted in Hidden Fears on Nov 9, 17 3:47 PM
Horrible game! I lasted about 6 or 7 minutes and that was only because you can't skip the intro. Finally made it to the 'menu' page, created a profile, etc. Hit play and again took me to the hotel and the characters wouldn't stop talking (woman sounded like a valley girl from the 80's) and again no way to skip. I finally hit C/A/D and exited the game. This game is RUBBISH!

posted in Dead Reckoning: Lethal Knowledge Collector's Edition on Nov 5, 17 12:28 AM
I too have the disappearing cursor. Clicked the link for 'updating drivers and I was taken to page telling me to login! I AM ALREADY LOGGED IN BUT I ENTERED MY INFO AND WAS TOLD THAT MY INFO WAS WRONG! HOW CAN IT BE WRONG IF I'M ALREADY LOGGED IN??? This site is very annoying sometimes, well most of the time!

posted in Harrowed Halls: Hell's Thistle Collector's Edition on Oct 28, 17 5:18 PM
This is a ridiculous game! Sometimes I had to click on something 3 or 4 times before it would actually take (wasted about 8 minutes), very little direction (in my opinion) even after clicking the hint button. I finally had enough while on the balcony and was stuck with the 'phone gadget', it kept telling me to click on the 'achievement button' but still went nowhere? I like a bit of a challenge but I do not like frustration (bad for the blood pressure).

Do not recommend this game.

posted in Grim Facade: A Deadly Dowry on Oct 24, 17 3:05 PM
This is the message I left on the CE's forum. It's obvious to me and others I'm sure, that BF doesn't give a fig about the problems some of us have with the games here.

"Had no problem with the download (took 10 minutes), had no problem with the startup, it was quick. I started the game and after speaking to LeStrade the game directs you to the door of the auction house? When I go there I get a runtime error and the game stops, so I go back in and go to other places in the 'first scene' and then you have no choice but to go back to the door, same thing, a 'runtime' error and the game stops.

Jeez, BF can't you make sure the games are playable BEFORE you offer them up?"

posted in Jewel Match Solitaire Collector's Edition on Oct 17, 17 4:59 PM
Well I will say this, at least this 'solitaire' game didn't kick me out before the 5th or 6th level because I didn't finish in the first dealing of the deck. It has a relaxed mode, which I think ALL 'solitaire' games should have. But I wouldn't pay $14.00 for a 'solitaire' game though, so a 'no buy for' me.

posted in Secrets of Magic 3: Happy Halloween on Oct 10, 17 3:55 PM
penmom,

"I hated the fact that the "loading" page took forever in between levels, but I liked the fact that I could continue making matches, not having to wait for all tiles to finish dropping etc."

I agree with this part of your review except I would change 'loading page' to 'loading pages'. It takes almost 30 seconds between all levels (every time you make a 'choice') and with only 60 minutes for the demo it wastes a lot of time. We can't blame BF this time, I played this game at two other sites and it was the same. Frustrating for me mainly because I have very little patience. Otherwise a good game.

posted in MatchVentures on Sep 26, 17 4:06 PM
This is almost the same as Silver Tales. There are a few differences, in Silver Tales you can earn bonus bombs, etc. pretty easily (buy them at the shop). This one is easier to find your way back to different screens so you can finish them up after getting the tools needed to finish them. I liked this game EXCEPT for the occasional slow motion, especially after upgrading the 'castle areas'. It's the same way with the Laruaville games (the occasional slow motion). Overall it's not bad.

posted in Grim Facade: A Deadly Dowry Collector's Edition on Sep 24, 17 4:04 PM
Had no problem with the download (took 10 minutes), had no problem with the startup, it was quick. I started the game and after speaking to LeStrade the game directs you to the door of the auction house? When I go there I get a runtime error and the game stops, so I go back in and go to other places in the 'first scene' and then you have no choice but to go back to the door, same thing, a 'runtime' error and the game stops.

Jeez, BF can't you make sure the games are playable BEFORE you offer them up?

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator