Posts created by doctorgood

posted in Shiver: Vanishing Hitchhiker Collector's Edition on Mar 24, 11 1:12 AM
Great review casualgran! I couldn't agree more! A game of this quality comes along about once a year!! It is excellent! Even the music and the story are great and usually I could care less about either.

Try it and you'll buy it! I could not find one thing to nit-pick about this game. And everybody knows I'm an old grouch!!

Dr.good

posted in The Revenge on Mar 23, 11 2:04 PM
Well I'm definitely not connected in any way with the dev and I thought it was a very boring, amateurish game that is not worth a free play not alone an actual purchase.
But heh! If you enjoy it, have at it!!! Me . . .I'd rather do laundry than play it!!
Dr.good

posted in The Revenge on Mar 23, 11 2:43 AM
Endless37 wrote:Thought this game just outstanding! Loved everything about it.....could play games like this one all day!

Welcome to the pond! What other games do you enjoy around here?
have fun!!
Dr.good

posted in Aladin and the Wonderful Lamp: The 1001 Nights on Mar 22, 11 8:08 AM
hydrogibbon wrote:The third time I got the message too slow you have to start over, I quit and deleted the game. How irritating is that? When you find an object the cursor won't necessarily let you pick it up the first time. So no matter how fast I clicked I was too slow because I'd click and the item was still there. 30 seconds to do a hidden object scene is ridiculous. I lasted 4 minutes in this game. I may have enjoyed it except for that. I really can't say. It should be a good game for all you people who can finish a 5 hour game in 1 hour and 15 minutes.

That's a good one!!!
Thanks!
Dr.good

posted in Aladin and the Wonderful Lamp: The 1001 Nights on Mar 22, 11 8:04 AM
Eisteepfirsich wrote:Two Hd0 games today. Both are really bad. No buy

A message to Doctorgood:
In Germany we write "Aladin" (with only one "d"). Maybe HdO is a german developer? I don`t know.

Thanks, I thought that might have been the answer.
Dr.good

posted in Aladin and the Wonderful Lamp: The 1001 Nights on Mar 22, 11 3:37 AM
.............................Comment
I have had diseases I enjoyed more than this . . . game.
Dr.good
p.s. is there some reason Aladdin is spelled with only one "D"? Is it a European thing or???

posted in Mystery Agency: Secrets of the Orient on Mar 21, 11 9:40 AM
Valdy wrote:
doctorgood wrote:(Removed by moderator)
Dr.good

(Removed by moderator) My native language is not English, and I looked it up online and couldn´t find it when I searched for it. (Removed by moderator)

(Removed by moderator)

posted in Mystery Agency: Secrets of the Orient on Mar 21, 11 9:21 AM
Valdy wrote:
CasualGran wrote:this mysogyniscism would only and exclusively be used in games,

(Removed by moderator)
I couldn´t even find it online nor in the online Dictionary. LOL

sinshack wrote:UPDATE: Give this one a try - you might like it! I will be buying as soon as I finish this review.

Thanks for the review, Sinshack. I always make up my own mind whether I like a game or not. And I will certainly give it a try.

(Removed by moderator)

posted in Mystery Agency: Secrets of the Orient on Mar 21, 11 9:16 AM
CasualGran wrote:
sinshack wrote:
......I really, really respect your opinion, CasualGran, and I don't disagree with what you are saying. What I'm saying, though, is not that I think it's OK to portray racial sterotyping, but that this game shows that the racist (boss) is the idiot, and the person he is putting down because of her race, his employee, is the intelligent one who is more capable and a better person than the racist boss.

OK, this could be the case. But to find that out, you have to continue playing, and I don't see how I could have gotten into a wiling mood like that after that super-annoying beginning! It would mean I'lld have given this man any credit. Oh no. Won't happen. Ban 'em, I'lld say. Away with characters like that! .

BANZAI!!!!

I agree with you gran. Playing this game would promote it and therefore promote the misogynistic attitude of the game. It doesn't matter if qualifiers are added to justify it. That's akin to having a character in a game using the "N" word and then being told it was wrong. It would be wrong to include it in the game at all.
Dr.good

posted in Mystery Agency: Secrets of the Orient on Mar 21, 11 2:40 AM
C'mon casualgran. . . if you don't like the male characters misogynistic attitude why don't you just say so! . . . I agree, it shows very poor taste and is probably indicative of the rest of the game. I still need one punch and now. . . I still need one punch. Good job peglegann and casualgran!
Dr.good

posted in PuppetShow: Lost Town Collector's Edition on Mar 17, 11 1:28 AM
Dan2678 wrote:And was it worth the wait? :-)

...................................Yup!

posted in PuppetShow: Lost Town Collector's Edition on Mar 17, 11 12:45 AM
I been waitin' on this one!!!!!
Dr.good

posted in Scratches Director's Cut on Mar 14, 11 12:08 AM
wow!

.........( the whole thread )

posted in Epic Adventures: Cursed Onboard on Mar 11, 11 7:26 AM
I agree with you. I wanted to do a review of this game but I got so bored with the repetitive H0 scenes that I was falling asleep! After yesterdays debacle in the C&R thread I didn't feel it proper to post there just to say it was a "yawner." Anyone liking straight HOG's will enjoy it. I prefer a little variety.
Dr.good

Olliesgirl wrote:Okay, I agree with the other comments, good to see another non-collectors edition game worth considering. I have started the demo and really want to like this one, have credits burning away ready to be used, but at the moment it seems like you visit one scene of hidden objects then return to it again a few moments later. Round and round in circles or is it worth a credit....ummmm....still considering but will visit the other comments on here as always. Enjoy your playing fishies !!!

posted in Hallowed Legends: Samhain Collector's Edition on Mar 10, 11 5:37 AM
mamacarole629 wrote:I totallyy agree with mycatluna. Really, peglegann, you should learn to play nice. Enough said, now I am off to play. Sounds like a good game.

peglegann is one of the nicest people in this forum. The moderators have asked all of us to please post only game reviews and comments in the comment and review thread a multitude of times. What part of that needs detailed elaboration? I will be more than happy to clarify it for you/anyone in a PM if further explanation is necessary.
glad to be of service,
Dr.good

posted in Hallowed Legends: Samhain Collector's Edition on Mar 10, 11 2:58 AM
I'm lost.
Where is the C&R thread! I can't find it!
Dr.good

posted in Mystery Seekers: The Secret of the Haunted Mansion on Mar 8, 11 4:08 AM
bfgImbrium wrote:
CasualGran wrote:So, it would be an install coming up automatically because my pc wouldn't have DirectX, is that what you're saying? Well, in that case I have to disagree with you. My computer already had the LATEST DirectX before the download of this game!

If you have the latest version of Direct X you can simply click out of the update box and continue with the game download.

If you have issues launching or playing the game though, I would delete the game from the Game Manager and download it again from your <a href="https://store.bigfishgames.com/my_account/my_purchase_history.php"> Purchase History</a> to be able to update Direct X (and untick the Bing box if you so wish).

The prompted update may contain elements not present in your last update. I can't comment on individual users's settings.

Hope this helps,

bfgImbrium

I didn't try it on this game because I didn't bother downloading it but on other games I could not D/L the game unless I accepted the Direct-X check. I too already had the latest Direct-X.
Dr.good

posted in Mystery Seekers: The Secret of the Haunted Mansion on Mar 8, 11 2:42 AM
yourshannygirl wrote:
doctorgood wrote:Where in the world are you finding these games? Flea market? Dollar store? Along the side of the road? or????

...the MORGUE!!! They have dragged this game up from the UNdead!

Too funny! Yes, it's "The Thing That Wouldn't Die!"
Dr.good

posted in Mystery Seekers: The Secret of the Haunted Mansion on Mar 8, 11 2:20 AM
But hey everyone!!! Look on the bright side. At least you got your Direct-X checked for free!!!
Dr.good

posted in Mystery Seekers: The Secret of the Haunted Mansion on Mar 8, 11 2:07 AM
mycatluna wrote:
CasualGran wrote:

Even wellmeant I don't need this entire install, thank you. I can think for myself. And IF I might not have DirectX already, then it's not too difficult to install it myself. And finally, IF I would be a fishie playing a game for the first time and getting into trouble because my comp would be lacking the DirectX install, I could always find help amongst my fellowfishies or from BF. So...

I don't need an unasked for Microsoft install plus Bing Bar!!!

OK?

Perfect! Then why not shoot an email off to Microsoft? I did several months ago because the Bing Bar is everywhere...I even run into it when doing my Microsoft updates. It is annoying, so why not get to the root of the issue and tell Microsoft? Which is why I posted the info. I am not a fan of the Bing Bar either, and what better way to get rid of it then go to where it begins...getting frustrated about it in the forums is a step but to really try and get rid of it we have to go to the source, and in large numbers. I hope the info I provided assists with that and they get rid of it when updating Direct X!

The way to control it is to not include it in your product as a mandatory prerequisite to down load the product. Offer it as an option! Being mandatory appears like advertising funds might be changing hands.
Dr.good

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator