Posts created by frostledge

posted in Christmas Wonderland 4 on Dec 15, 13 10:08 AM
Played for about 20 minutes and something has me stumped. At the end of the round where it tells you how many presents you found and how many nativity pieces you found, there is another one for eagle eye bonus. Have not been able to figure out what that is..... Can someone fill me in if I'm missing something? Not finding anything about it in the reviews or anywhere and I don't recall it being in the "how to" in the beginning of the game. THANKS!

posted in League of Light: Dark Omens Collector's Edition on Jul 20, 13 6:46 AM
bfgBaikal wrote:Hi Fishies!

frostledge - I'm sorry to hear that, because a few adjustments need to be made to combat that error, I would encourage you to get in touch with <a href=http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/144284.page>Tech Support</a> so that they can provide the right advice for you machine.

rosemarie54 - Welcome to the Pond and thank you for contacting us about this, I am sure that someone will get back to you soon to ensure you don't miss out on this offer.

Thank you!

bfgBaikal

Thanks. Just tried it again and it DL'd with no issues. Thanks for the great sale! I'm off to play and shop!!!

posted in League of Light: Dark Omens Collector's Edition on Jul 20, 13 5:22 AM
I keep getting installation failed and error code 766. Waited the 15 minutes and still the same thing.

Although devs seem to have their own style when it comes to graphics, etc, as a customer, I expect that if you're doing a series in a game, you want to strive to make each one better than the last. I liked the second one in this series. Played the first one a few weeks back and thought what was i thinking when I bought this. Graphics were grainy and overall thought the second one was better than the first. So when I saw they made a third installment, I had expectations that they would have done things to make this one better than the first. I was wrong. Even though I like the sounds and music, the graphics seemed grainier than ever, the colors seemed muddy and I didn't like how it played. It just didn't seem to flow smoothly. Was really disappointed in this game and lasted only 15 minutes before leaving. Used to buy the games because I wanted to own the full collections, but have come to learn that sequel or not, if I don't like how it plays, I'm not going to invest the money. After all, I play these for fun and if I'm not having fun, then I need to rethink things through. Sorry devs. Could have been so much more than it turned out to be.

posted in A Wizard's Curse on Apr 6, 13 10:06 AM
Really liked the game in some ways. Graphics were sharp and clear for except in the hidden object scenes. Seemed a little muddy to me. Story line didn't grab me, but I enjoyed the game play and crispness of the game for the most part. REALLY disliked having to place items back into inventory as it seems like a waste of game time and is overall annoying to deal with. Was concerned about the comments of the shortness of the game so looked up the walkthrough and based on when my demo ran out and the end of the game, I had maybe 10 minutes of game play left if that at all. Think from now on if I'm on the fence about the length of games, I'll check out the walkthrough first to see where I'm at in the game. Even though there was much I did like about the game, with the short time I would have left, I'm not going to buy it.

posted in Phenomenon: Meteorite Collector's Edition on Mar 24, 13 2:54 PM
Had no issues with downloading, however when I clicked play now in my game manager, it started like the game was opening up, but then I "lost" my mouse. Fresh battery in it so it didn't die, did a control/alt/delete and it came up as not responding. tried it 3 times and the same thing happened so I can't even get INTO the game and the the "timer" for my trial counted down........ Too bad as I own the first one and loved the graphics and based on reviews, even though the story is different, the graphics are still excellent.

posted in Rite of Passage: The Perfect Show Collector's Edition on Jun 15, 12 8:56 AM
Liked the game and found it enjoyable. Scenes were clear for my tired eyes, music was fine and liked the puzzles. Really mixed things up so it wasn't the same old, same old. REALLY LIKED having that little something extra in finding the masks even though they did creep me out a bit. Possible spoiler alert! I liked how in the corner by the journal it showed the mask in a color and once you clicked on it, it went away so the mask looked empty. I found myself going through scenes and there were some that I thought I had gotten the mask, but it was green so I realized I missed it. THANK YOU DEVS!!!!! I like knowing that I've cleared out a scene and didn't miss anything as nothing annoys me more then getting to the end of a game and realizing I missed one or two.....

Finished demo with 3 minutes left and will be buying the game on payday! Thanks again!

Finished the demo in 44 minutes. Not sure if that's a good thing or not as I'm a slow player. Music was okay but got repetitious after a while. I do agree with the voice overs. Not the best. The graphics were nice and clear for these tired eyes, but I did get tired of going back and forth. However I have played games that had considerably more walking. The mini games and bonus content are for once the main game is completed which I don't like because I like to know what else I'm getting when I pay double. I did notice in the beginning an item in my inventory that I used was still in there and that lead me to believe I would need to use it again, yet when I went into another scene it disappeared. The hint icon is a shrimp which like another poster said, they could have used something a little more to the pirate theme like a parrot. The shrimp was kinda odd looking. Nice game overall, but on the fence with it. I like the pirate theme, just couldn't get into the game. Happy gaming fishes!

posted in Phenomenon: City of Cyan on Apr 18, 12 2:59 PM
I too enjoyed the game. The colors and textures in the art was amazing. However, I was shocked by the abrupt ending as I thought my game had glitched out as well until I went through the strategy guide and saw I was wrong. Hope there's a sequel as with an ending like that, there SHOULD be. And I hope that sequel is coming soon. Great job overall, but could have made the ending more of a to be continued instead of just ending.

Just got done playing the demo. Didn't take me long at all and I didn't get hint happy or use the SG much. Was just very surprised at how quickly my demo flew by.........

Liked the sound FX and the graphics are just like the others that I've grown to love because it's not muddy or grainy. These bad eyes need some clarity.

As far as the morphing, I could get used to it, but it's like completely changing the formula of something that already works. I know MCF likes to kick it up a notch, but rather than completely changing what already works just fine, I would have done maybe half morphing objects and half hidden objects to get people used to the idea of it. I know Dire Grove had single morphing objects in each scene and I really liked it. I felt it added dimension to the game. By just doing morphing and no hidden objects, I felt like it was a short cut, a way to cut corners. Maybe it's just me. I know many didn't like it. I didn't mind it, but felt I was being cheated in the game.

I haven't hit the glitch thread yet so don't know what issues are being reported, but it seemed very choppy as far as changing scenes and the arrow icon didn't flow smoothly. (Can't think of what else to call it right know)

I was so excited to see this game coming out, but at this point, I am going to wait until it's been out a bit to see if bugs are fixed and what others have to say about it. It just didn't grab me right away like the other two did and that surprised me. And bummed me out and I can't say a MCF game has EVER done that........

posted in Weird Park: Broken Tune Collector's Edition on Nov 3, 11 8:59 AM
I had higher expectations for this game. Thought it would be challenging, but found it too easy as far as the hidden scenes. The music was fine, graphics clear, did NOT like the words as small as they were for these aging eyes. Seems like a fun game, but not going to buy as a CE and on the fence as an SE. Maybe as a DD. Not sure as the length and the strategy guide isn't available until you buy the game so anyone who buys it if they wouldn't mind posting on length, that would be most appreciated. The clicker penalty was a bunch of branches covering the screen. Neat, but kinda like been there, done that. Dunno. Just seems like lately, nothing's popping out at me for the games. Might have to reconsider my membership........

I know there are different levels of games at times, but this one just didn't challenge me at all. Bummer as I was so looking forward to it.

Happy gaming on fishies!

Thanks textrekkie for giving the time it took you on the game! I really appreciate it when posters do that for us.

The graphics were good, not grainy like some games and I didn't mind the junk pile as it helps me to focus more when the scene is all kerbobbled like that.

I felt that it lagged when clicking to a new area as there seemed to be a pause before the scene would change. I guess you could say it felt glitchy.

The story seemed TOO familiar as I KNOW I've played this game before. I recall everything about it, but I don't understand how that's possible if the game JUST released. Can someone help me on that? I recall Jenny being "trapped" in the basement, having to climb the tree to get into the greenhouse, the puzzles, the whole shebang of the demo I played and it took me 35 minutes to do the demo. PLEASE tell me there's a LOT more to the game than this.

Not sure I want this one at all as it seemed kinda easy and just didn't grab me like other games have, but I am really bugged about the fact that I KNOW this game and yet it JUST released. Anyone else have a sense of deja vu? I've tried looking for an initial release date, but it all seems like a few days ago. Something doesn't sit right on this game.........

ETA: According to any of the sites I checked, they all say 2011 release but next to the title it says (final) Does this mean there WAS another release and they revamped the game and released it again? Would appreciate input. Thanks.

posted in Jade Rousseau - The Fall of Sant' Antonio on Sep 16, 11 12:17 PM
So did not like this game......I'm in a major car accident and in my first hidden scene I'm looking for lipstick? Why not the lighter in case I need to light something to keep warm?

I've hit my head in the accident and must have knocked something loose because all I can say is, "I've got to concentrate" or something close to that. Since I've heard it so many times you'd think I'd have memorized it by now.

I really disliked the fact that I had to click on a question mark just to leave and enter each time. Seemed redundant and insulting like I didn't know where to go and needed to be held by my hand.

The hint took too long to refill as well as each scene took forever to load. Wonder if they do that intentionally to drag the game out longer?

I really wasn't impressed with the graphics as they seemed fuzzy, small and almost invisible.

I am by no means a speedy player when it comes to games but I finished the "demo" in 26 minutes.

I think the plot could have been great if the rest of it didn't stink so badly. (graphics, voice overs, repetition) I understand snide comments and sarcasm can be fun in a game, but the negativity in this game really made me want to punch them in the face, I was so irritated with the attitudes.

I try very hard to give the games I play a fair shot, but this game is 2 emphatic thumbs down.

Sorry, but that's the way it is.

posted in Frankenstein: The Dismembered Bride on Sep 13, 11 8:28 AM
Typically throughout history companies strive to do better, become better then they were in the past. Look at Mystery Case Files for example. With each new game they strive to make it different than the last. More challenging, similar things but with variations. From what I've experienced with HdO, this is NOT the case. They take really awesome themes such as Frankenstein and do the SAME, EXACT process in their games each time, BUT with a different theme. I don't like to diss people or companies, but HOW do they stay in business when it seems the majority cannot stand their games?

I saw the title, got excited, downloaded it, went to play it and upon opening it up, remembered WHY I don't like their games. Then I thought, maybe they've learned from constructive criticisms and have changed their ways. Then I got to the first puzzle. Not so much. I thought to myself, be patient get to a hidden scene and see what happens. NOTHING has changed. I don't think I played even 10 minutes before backing out and uninstalling.

I guess some people don't learn from their mistakes and I think from now on, I will not even bother to DL one of their games, because what's the point? It's like beating a dead horse over and over.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over expecting different results each time........do they not understand, or do they just not care? I don't get it.

posted in Grim Tales: The Bride Collector's Edition on Aug 5, 11 11:12 AM
Jury's still out. Graphics are nice, plot seems interesting, I just grow tired of the back and forth. I wouldn't mind it if it were one or two steps back, but I just didn't care for the running around for 1 item to have to run all the way back to do or undo something or for a puzzle. I dunno. I DO like the 3 options of mode to play in so kudos to Elephant for that. I was really thinking I'd like it a lot, but it just didn't zing for me like I'd hoped it would. That and finishing the trial in 33 minutes didn't help either If anyone has an idea on the length of the game, please post how long because I don't know if I want to spend the $$$$ unless it's a long game. Maybe it just needs more time warming up to? Happy gaming all.

posted in Dark Dimensions: City of Fog on Jun 30, 11 10:48 AM
Played the CE when it first came out. Waited for the SE version and just got done with the demo in 20 minutes. Not sure if that's a good thing or not.....the same items are found when you first play the CE and SE so I'm wondering if once the game is finished, will there be a new set of items to look for or will it repeat the same items again? I think that's why I was able to finish it in 20 minutes because even though it's been weeks since I played the CE, I remembered what to look for in the SE. Not bad for a fibro fog filled day......

SO bottom line folks, CE OR SE? Is it worth the extra $$$ for the extra play or does it not matter? Got some credits and a free code to use but am on the fence with this one and could use some inputs. Thanks a bunch in advance!

After playing for 34 minutes, I'm still undecided. The intro I thought was cool and different, not the usual blah blah blah intro. Once the game began, it reminded me of another game, maybe Poe? that started with the ghost in the office and the fireplace and you had to click through the convo. Had to find ravens and clovers.... Can't exactly recall..... Anyone else get that feeling? It was like Deja Vu. Game was neat, but hasn't grabbed me except for a scene with bats. I do not like bats......

Will play out the remainder, but will have to wait and see. I could see getting the CE because of the length of time for the bonus as I could care less about wallpapers, etc. Just give me more play time!!!

Interesting concepts, but maybe my tastes are changing. Just didn't seem challenging enough to me.

posted in Fallen Shadows on Apr 26, 11 1:28 PM
I just got done with live chat and the gentleman told me they've contacted the dev about the issues and are waiting for a fix and will post it in the thread once they get the fix for it. Hopefully it won't take too long as this sounds like a great game!

My issues was nothing like everyone elses. I would get the opening icons, BF, the dev and then my screen would go black and I'd get a small blue window saying "unsupport". Clicking esc or cntl/alt/del wouldn't close out the game at all. I'd have to run my hands up and down my keyboard hitting numerous keys for it to close out so I could exit it...... that's happened several times with games in the last few months.

posted in Gourmania 2: Great Expectations on Mar 5, 11 11:03 AM
I was looking forward to playing this because I love the colors and textures of food and thought I'd give it a whirl in spite of being a TM game. Playing on relaxed mode was fine. Didn't seem to have bugs at all, although it was highly annoying to be cleaning something and it not getting cleaned until I happened to see the bar and watched the little bar above the item slowly go down as I scrubbed. Thought the pricing was way off and kinda wondered who'd pay $50 for an ice cream unless it was made of solid gold or something. One thing I found exasperating was the spelling errors. I know spellings can very from place to place, but "wafle" instead of "waffle"? It was like the game was thrown together with no proofing on plot, price or spell check at all which is a shame because I really was kinda liking it once I got the swing of it. No buy for me as I feel like it's a waste of a credit like paying for something that isn't complete. Maybe next time.......

posted in Mystery Agency: A Vampire's Kiss on Feb 28, 11 4:48 PM
Thought this would be a decent game. Oh how wrong I was..... WHY oh WHY do we need to keep helping people "clean" their place in order to talk like the sister? Then I have to clean my room to talk to Aiden and once I cleared the list, the room STILL looked disheveled. And to HIRE a detective and have to keep doing "tests" to prove myself? I would have gone to another agency if I had to jump through hoops like that. Obviously he stinks if I know more than he does and he keeps losing things like glasses. Don't get me wrong, it had a mixture of everything. Hidden objects, spot the difference which I happen to hate because they bore me, lining up items into a diagonal line from bottom left to top right and memory with those button shaped things that didn't tell you in the second round who to look for like Balthar, and the game started so quick, I was like huh? Didn't realize WHO I was supposed to look for that time. Maybe I'm just an idiot for wanting a little here's who you need to look for this time......

It took forever to load between each page and I found myself more frustrated because I would clear items out and they were left in my inventory until I used a hint to locate it and saw it was already one I clicked on every time. Just did not care for much about this and I gave it a fair shot. 60 minutes of my life that I'll never get back. When will I learn that if it aggravates me, to get out and uninstall? Guess I'm glutton for punishment.....

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator