Posts created by Catghost

posted in Nightmare Adventures: The Turning Thorn on Feb 9, 13 12:28 PM
I have waited for this sequel ever since I finished The Witches Prison, which I totally loved, so my expectiations were very high.

At first I experienced some difficulty getting the game to run as it should, but after some excellent service from CS and a little patience on my part, the fix came on Feb. 1 and after that the game purred like a pussycat. It ran fullscreen on my 24" monitor (running Windows 8), so I don't understand some fishies complaining it not running fullscreen.

The game is a real challenge, something we don't see so much these days in casual gaming. The puzzles were fun, sometimes very hard, but I didn't skip one single puzzle. Hang in there, it can be done!

As for the storyline: absolutely L O V E D it! Very nice twist at the end, although I kinda saw it coming ....

All in all, a very long awaited and very succesful sequel. I'm just a tiny bit surprised it didn't come as a CE, but who's complaining, right?

Thank you so much, Shawn and Tim, for your hard work to bring us this beautiful game. I'm just hoping it will not take as long for part 3. Which should be coming. Hence the twist, right? Please?

posted in Nightmare Adventures: The Turning Thorn on Jan 31, 13 12:56 PM
Let me start by saying that I truly and deeply love the work from Ghostship. The Witch's Prison was, imho, one of the best games ever. But this one? What has gotten into you boys? Tim, what went wrong? The game crashes every so often. I have tried to uninstall and reinstall, used three different accounts, installed the latest video-drives, you name it. I am now trying to play the game on a brand new, one week old computer.... But it keeps on crashing on me. At first I was thinking about getting a refund, but because I love Ghostship so much, I'm willing to wait for a fix. If it ever comes. I will, however, contact CS to report my 'beef', ensuring written proof I chose to wait for the fix. Should the fix not become available in the near future, I will ask for a refund.

I don't buy as much games as I used to, here at BFG, but when I do, every other game gives me problems in one way or another. Problems I don't experience at other portals, I dare to say. I'm just curious why this is. I don't expect an answer, however, as I don't believe in Santa anymore.

posted in Art of Murder: Cards of Destiny on Dec 17, 10 1:17 PM
DrGood, you would earn my utmost respect if you would be big enough to also appologize to dmcgrath1313 for the comment you made following his/her post.
Don't you think you should?

This will be the last thing I will say OT, I promise.

posted in Art of Murder: Cards of Destiny on Dec 16, 10 1:16 PM
Sorry, Peglegann, I did not want to go off-topic in this thread. Sorry if I have irritated you or Ajuma in any way. If you have a problem with a little violence in cut-scenes, I recommend the ESC-button. I thought it wasn't that bad, but like you all said, we are all different. What's gruesome to me might be highly entertaining to the next person and the other way around. Again, sorry to hijack this thread with an off-topic reply.

posted in Art of Murder: Cards of Destiny on Dec 16, 10 12:41 PM
bella81762 wrote:
doctorgood wrote:
dmcgrath1313 wrote:Oh i do appreciate it [removed by moderator]

Just exactly who died and left you in charge lil' feller?
You need to show a little respect to the other forum members here. This ain't the mall parking lot or some skate board park. There are actually adults here that know what the definition of civility is. Go ahead, go look it up I'll be here.
Dr.good

p.s.It's spelled forums

yes as drgood said, we should all show respect for our fellow posters, new and old, , and be civil to everyone, we all have our own opinions. remember...there is tos for a reason.....

Yes, Bella, and the good doc is such a good example of how to behave in a respectful manner. A few things come to mind here, such as a C&R thread for a game about Jewelry, among others.

p.s.It's spelled forums

Sorry, doc. It's FORA. Because it's an originally Latin word.

posted in Soap Opera Dash on Dec 14, 10 1:57 PM
CasualGran wrote:
bertiepuppy wrote:I enjoyed it but I am not sure whether I will buy it. I have a few saved for this month (assuming I get my credit this month as I didn't last month).

You didn't get your credits last month? Honestly, I can't imagine! BF is an OK site with respect for its customers, in my experience anyway, so if something went wrong I'lld say: tell the CS about it. I'm sure they will help you!

Good luck!

CasualGran, did you check up on your billing lately? Respect for it's customers, HA! BFG have a lot of things, but respect for it's customers isn't among it.

With that said, I want to say that I beta'd this game and at that point wasn't very pleased with it. But they seem to have listened to the testers and I like what they came up with. No buy for me, as I am not that into Dash-games, but for those who like these games: get your coupons/credits/dollars (pounds, euros, Aus-dollars, all plus one pound, euro, Aus-dollar) ready. You're going to love this one!

Amen, Scarlet_11d6, amen.

MargieB wrote:I would also like to thank the MCF Studios Team for never being afraid of doing something different when it comes to this series.

There are real human beings behind these games who pour a year of their lives into one project. For that they need to be commended and shown some appreciation.

I hope they do get a paycheck every month, too..... While I appreciate the work of any developement team, not to mention their creativity, I look at the product of their labour as work. Which is payed for in cold, hard cash. And guess where a lot of that cash comes from?

[removed by moderator] And this I typed myself. Just to be clear.

It is nice to know we are being so closely monitored. Keeps me from blabbering.

Just shake it off, Stevieferr. [removed by moderator] No offence taken.

OK. Now, let's compare these with ALL the CE's BFG throw at us that are HOG/iHOG.......you'll get the picture.

No, I wasn't generalizing at all. I just said that it would be nice if a kid or grown up who didn't read the story as it was written by Conan Doyle would go out to the library to read the actual book and READ the difference between the story and the game (which I like very much). I actually had the urge to go seek the book out in my own private library, just to re-read the book. I didn't say anything about people who have read the book. Nor did I call those who acually read the book illiterate. I do appologize to anyone I have offended. Just file my post under 'misunderstood because of different native language and maybe be a bit more understanding because of it'.

You know, it would be nice if anybody who said anything you didn't like would get a chance in this forum to explain exactly what he/she was saying BEFORE you bite their heads off. This is a multi-national forum. And to those of you with English as a first language, please come over to any foreign forum (Danish, German, Polish, Spanish, Dutch, Italian) and try to make your point in a language that isn't your own. I dare you.

I understand what you are saying, SoManyCrimes, I feel the same way. BUT....
[removed by moderator] (sp?). So if the majority of peeps are liking this game, so be it. I like it, and I've read the story by Conan Doyle. Let it go. Maybe some kid/grown-up out there will think: "that was a cool game, I'll go to the library and get this book." And that would be so cool, b/c they would take the trouble to read the actual book and form their opinion about it AND this game. A win/win situation. Just MHO.

Just play Dark Priests and wait for the SE to arrive. Buy that/use credit on that.
After that, talk to CS and upgrade your SE to a CE. You'll get max credit on the punch-card (do the math: 1 punch for the SE, PLUS 3 punches for the CE, that's 4 punches for less than $ 14....)

I have never thought of this before, but now I think we are being hussled.
I took the trouble to look into this and have NOT been able to find any onther genre that has CS but HOG's or iHOG's. Strike that, there has been a TM-game that was made a CS, too (Avenue Flo, Cooking Dash. And that's it. Just those two. Correct me if I'm wrong). So, I'm thinking, we, as HOG/iHOG players are being tempted so very much more to buy CE's than the avarage TM or Match-3 players are. Given that fact, I think we, as regular HOG/iHOG players, should have a LOUDER voice in the ongoing "we are working on a way to have you use two GCC for a CE"-discussion. As far as it goes for me, I will NOT be buying any more CS games until we reach some level of equality in the genres. IMHO, BFG takes too much advantage of the HOG/iHOG-players as it is.

eel
A goldfish?

posted in Dracula 3: The Path of the Dragon on Oct 22, 10 12:58 PM
My thoughts exactly, LynneMD!

posted in Dracula 3: The Path of the Dragon on Oct 19, 10 10:49 AM
I'm still here too, for the time being. I have some coupons and credits I want to spend, but I will no longer be posting much (not that I ever did, I'm a wee minnow), nor will I ever be spending the amount of money here I did in the past.

I would just like to point out that those of us who DID speak up in the forum about this game being removed without notice, did so not only for our own good, but also for the good of those people who do not frequent the forums Or seem to live here.
The people that only come here to buy a game are in total ignorance of this game going bye-bye AND returning (should they happen to own Drac3). It might have been nice if they were informed by e-mail.

posted in The Institute - A Becky Brogan Adventure on Oct 13, 10 7:08 AM
Catghost wrote:
CasualGran wrote:
Catghost wrote:While downloading The Institute - A Becky Brogan Adventure, I got a warning from my anti-virus program.
It states that the threat is probably an unknown NewHeur_PE virus.

What should I do? This is the first time I've seen this. Help?

What I would do is make my anitvirus scan the computer and reinstall the demo after that. Good Luck!

Thanks, CasualGran. Turned out to be a false positive.

I am just quoting myself and highlighted what I said in red, so that everybody notices that your virus-warning MIGHT be a false positive. I just googled the name of the virus and was reassured it was OK to continue installing.

posted in The Institute - A Becky Brogan Adventure on Oct 13, 10 2:12 AM
CasualGran wrote:
Catghost wrote:While downloading The Institute - A Becky Brogan Adventure, I got a warning from my anti-virus program.
It states that the threat is probably an unknown NewHeur_PE virus.

What should I do? This is the first time I've seen this. Help?

What I would do is make my anitvirus scan the computer and reinstall the demo after that. Good Luck!

Thanks, CasualGran. Turned out to be a false positive.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator