Posts created by SherlockGirls

Now that the SE is out, I'd like to know which I should go for. Are there lots of special features within the game itself?

Thank you all for your discoveries and your comments. I haven't played the game yet, but I'm a stickler for accuracy, and errors drive me up the wall. In fact, anachronisms can spoil the game for me, so it helps to know ahead; now I can decide whether to try it or just skip it.

I really wish BF would spend some of the money we give them and hire a proofreader.

posted in Sable Maze: Sullivan River Collector's Edition on Aug 30, 13 4:03 PM
bfgBaikal :

I'm not sure that's right, and please correct me if I'm mistaken, but the BF walkthroughs are only for the standard versions and do not include bonus game info.

posted in Farm Up on Aug 21, 13 3:08 PM
UPDATE: I contacted BF and they said that the game developers are working on the problem If I learn anything else, or if I hear that the problem has been fixed, I'll add it to this message. I know I'm not the only one whose husband is on the lam (so to speak).

posted in Farm Up on Aug 15, 13 4:47 PM
Thank you for the good advice. I was so excited to try it, and indeed there was one -- but only one -- building that gave the do-it-with-gold option, but -- Murphy's Law -- it was immediately replaced with another building request!!! I guess I'm doomed because none of my five remaining building quests have the gold option.

I still haven't gotten the gumption up to throw it all away yet. Still hoping it's a fixable glitch. Next I'll try writing to Big Fish's Tech Dept.

posted in Time Chronicles: The Missing Mona Lisa on Aug 11, 13 8:15 AM
This game is the Catch of the Week and I'm really upset!!! Please look at the three screenshots and tell me I'm wrong, I hope I'm wrong, but is the third one a carnival-type shooting gallery setting or mini-game? Because that's what it looks like to me, and if it is, one of the targets has a crucifix with Christ on it, and that means shooting Jesus!!!

How did Big Fish let that get past them?

posted in Farm Up on Aug 10, 13 3:03 AM
Thank you all for responding to my question. I'm still unsure. Staying doesn't make sense to me because I have 5 quests, none of which can I work on because they are all to build buildings and I need the husband for those. The farmer and the mailbox guy haven't come in a long time because I have the maximum quests outstanding so they can't give me any more and I can't get rid of any! But leaving is a bummer because I have 6.300 blue bottles, which I obviously clicked a LOT of butterflies and fish and plants to get so many, just to lose them. What a lousy glitch. I wonder if they'll ever fix it? Any more suggestions?

posted in Farm Up on Aug 9, 13 5:23 AM
I have to start a new game because I'm on my 21st level and the husband just won't appear, no matter how many tomatoes I harvest (it never was offered as a quest) and I can't build any buildings or progress at all. What a bummer!

From what I've read here in the forum, my gold and silver coins will transfer to the new game, but what about the blue bottles? And what about the wood. the lumber, and the stones that I've accumulated? Will I lose those?

posted in Farm Up on Aug 6, 13 12:18 AM
I think dancingsiberians is absolutely right -- shutting the game down completely before midnight and not starting it again until after midnight is what solved the problem for me. And I now get one gold every day, and yes, it does really get added to my pile. And I did not have to uninstall & reinstall the game. Thank you, dancingsiberians!

posted in Ghost Whisperer™ on May 4, 13 1:17 AM
THANK YOU, MARCIE28018 !!! I desperately needed this!

posted in Surface: The Soaring City Collector's Edition on Feb 22, 13 10:31 AM
Thank you, Twinsoniclab ! I agree 100%. It not only irritates me, it distracts me from what I'm doing in the game, pulls me out of the story, and reminds that I'm just playing a game, not living the adventure.

posted in Haunted Past: Realm of Ghosts Collector's Edition on Jan 6, 13 12:37 PM
Hi, Scarlett,

Back in May of 2012 you asked if there were any other games besides Haunted Past: Realm of Ghosts, and Sherlock Holmes: Hound of the Baskervilles, where you cross between two worlds. You probably know by now, but just in case, I recommend trying Mystery of Mortlake Mansion.

posted in Grim Tales: The Stone Queen Collector's Edition on Jan 3, 13 2:24 PM
I know it's still early, but before I decide to ignore the buy-a-bundle offer and wait for the SE, I need to know if the bonus game is worth the extra cost. Is it interesting or fun, is it long or short, does it add to the story or is it separate from the main plot, would the SE game be lacking without it, does it have mini-games and are they different from the ones in the main game, or -- worst of all -- is it just a lousy bunch of HOGs? (And I apologize to all you HOG-lovers out there, but OMG I'm so sick of them.)

posted in Frederic: Resurrection of Music on Dec 16, 12 11:31 AM
I am unable to test the game at this time, and I hate battles and would never buy this game for the gameplay, or even for the piano part... but I LOVE the song on the little clip BF gave us, and so I'd like to know: If I bought the game, can just listen to all the music without trying to match the notes? Is there a soundtrack option?

posted in Nancy Drew: Alibi in Ashes on Oct 20, 12 5:50 PM
Hi Vinnie 59 ! Welcome to the pond !

I always have problems knowing what to do in these games, and I couldn't do without a walkthrough. Google it to find it on the web; it'll be free to use, bless their hearts.

posted in Cursed House on Sep 21, 12 11:13 PM
Two years have passed since Deahna wrote the above, and a new version was released the following month. Perhaps that's why the game runs on my netbook with no problem at all.

posted in Cursed House on Sep 21, 12 11:08 PM
You don't have to play this level at all; just let it run its course, and when you lose you'll be given the option to retry or skip it. Skipping means skipping just that one level out of ten, so repeat the above until all ten levels are over and skipped. Voila!! You've spared your frayed nerves and are on to the next level. (Which, by the way, can be won pretty easily as long as you get at least two coins each time. When desperate, resort to the red power-up.) Please keep playing this game, it really is wonderful.

Thank you for starting and adding to this thread, everyone!!! I was so angry seeing Sorcha1970's thread get locked that I just sent this PM to the Moderator who did it:

"On Aug 5 in the Redemption Cemetery: Grave Testimony CE forum you locked sorcha1970's thread concerning the choice between SE and CE, entitled "wait for the SE."

"That was a terrible thing to do! I waste a tremendous amount of time pouring through pages upon pages of comments & reviews in search of info to help me decide whether or not to spring for the CE, as I'm only interested in the bonus game.

"There should actually be a thread about that within every forum about a game that has a CE. Sending someone to a thread that's dedicated to reviews or to general comments doesn't help at all!

"And your statement that "Since we like to keep the feedback for the game all together in these threads (to make it easy for other Fishies to find)" is the opposite of the truth. Please re-think this practice. We need this info brought to light, not buried and hidden in all those pages of comments and reviews, which often go on practically forever."

(I hope this convinces them.)

posted in A Vampire Romance: Paris Stories on Aug 29, 12 7:18 PM
Morriela

There is supposed to be a blank canvas in your inventory. There was a canvas in your/her room when you were cleaning it up, putting things back. It was on the left, leaning against the counter or something, and you could see the back of it. Maybe it's still there. Get it.

And welcome to the Pond!

posted in Unlikely Suspects on Aug 16, 12 8:22 PM
HOG = Hidden Object Game, also called HOS, for Hidden Object Scenes.

Very often, abbreviations are used for frequently used phrases, and unfortunately, Hidden Object games are VERY plentiful. (I hate them. )

I can't remember all of them, but to get you started:

IHOG = Interactive Hidden Object Game, where you have to do something with or to the objects you're seeking.

FROG = Fragmented Hidden Object Game, where you look for pieces of objects, which will combine when you've found all the pieces.

Good Luck!

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator