Posts created by Noddles

posted in Roads of Rome on Feb 18, 11 12:01 AM
Thanks for replying. It is in a small cave. Something with my old computer was not responding to the game. I did some stuff with a gal from BFG and I downloaded some software and then I could get the cave arrow to show up. There it was, just as you said! I really need a better video card but I can still play the game. I am playing in the relaxed mode as I have enough tense gameplay with other games. This is relaxing and I like the funny looking workers.

posted in Roads of Rome on Feb 10, 11 11:31 PM
Goal: get 2 crystals and build a road.

I found only 1 crystal and have finished building the road and all of the buildings and upgraded the camp with 3 workers. Just adding resources while I continute to look for that other crystal! All of the snow and boulders are gone and still can't find it.

This is a very simple game but I really like it at this point. I wasn't going to buy it since I just couldn't finish in time. Then, I discovered that I had overlooked the relaxed play! I have no patience and am too slow to finish with a timer. This is nice to have a chance to look around at the whole screen while playing. Like the graphics and simplicity.

Edited to ask the question, where is the second crystal?

posted in Roads of Rome on Feb 10, 11 11:28 PM
Goal: get 2 crystals and build a road.

I found only 1 crystal and have finished building the road and all of the buildings and upgraded the camp with 3 workers. Just adding resources while I continute to look for that other crystal! All of the snow and boulders are gone and still can't find it.

This is a very simple game but I really like it at this point. I wasn't going to buy it since I just couldn't finish in time. Then, I discovered that I had overlooked the relaxed play! I have no patience and am too slow to finish with a timer. This is nice to have a chance to look around at the whole screen while playing. Like the graphics and simplicity.

posted in Love Story: Letters from the Past on Jan 23, 11 2:52 PM
I hope you have managed to finish the game by now but, to answer the Q of how to get into the jewelry box, you place the discs on the lid and that opens it.

posted in Love Story: Letters from the Past on Jan 21, 11 8:56 PM
I don't have that problem but, when I am holding the envelope or the ring pillow (don't know which item I need so far)and go to the drawer where the sparkles are, I get the magnifying glass. Can't place either item in the drawer or pull anything out.

Which item do I need to use in this room? How do I continue?

Thanks!

posted in Love Story: Letters from the Past on Jan 21, 11 3:50 PM
Woodentot, by now I hope you have turned up your speakers for this game. The music is some that grabbed my attention at the beginning. It is nice standing on it's own merits but, in regard to this story, it is a perfect compliment. It is just nostalgic enough and dreamy without being sad. You have to hear it.

posted in Murder, She Wrote on Feb 15, 10 7:32 AM
Bigbod, A hiccup is a glitch or a pothole in the road. You're riding along and then, Bump or...... Bump, bump bump. Nothing serious, just a litle pothole. Although, some of these things sound like more than just a hiccup. They can stop your game.

I am also in the third book and am trying to hang some darn lanterns so I can leave and go on to the next scene. I hung the first one and yesterday, after many sessions of trying I hung the second one. Can't seem to find the magic spot to hang them. I have two more to hang. They go on the roof line, btw.

Does anyone know how I can get them hung?

posted in Murder, She Wrote on Feb 12, 10 9:17 PM

That said, the storyline content itself left me chucking, probably unintentionally. If it wasn't amusing enough that the culprits spew a painstakingly detailed methodology to their murders once caught (complete enough to make any district attorney squeal with delight) I found, even worse, that there was one item Miss Fletcher and whomever her constabulary cohort of the case happened to be simply never looked for in the seek and find... a search warrant. Its such a shame how all of these dastardly murderer will get off scot free when each and every damning piece of evidence is tossed sadly out of court.

The game is no different than the show regards to the convienient confession of the bad guy at the end. Always found that amusing when I watched the show.

I just bought the game and like many others here, I decided I was going to buy it early in the demo. I hate games with hidden objects that are in the dark or hard to see. I need light on the subjects to find them. This is a treat for me.

Have one problem with 3rd case, A Garden to Die For. I am in this guy's oriental garden and I have to hang the darned red Chinese lanterns. I managed to get one hung just under the roof line but can't get any of the rest hung anywhere. I also tried to hang them on the fence and deck railing. Just can't find anymore places to hang them. Does anyone know where they go?

Another odd issue I had was with the scene that has the decorative box with beans (won't say what kind.) Once I found them, I had one item to find. I waited for the hint to come up and when I clicked on it, nothing happened. I closed out the game and went back in and the same thing happened. I finally quit without saving the game and re-did the game from where I had left it earlier. Had no problem with that spot when I got to it again. I strongly suspect it has something to do with Vista. I blame Vista for everything that goes wrong with my games.

By the way, my name is not Noddles. It is Noodlesmom or just Noodles.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator