Posts created by erigby

posted in Azada: Elementa on Apr 5, 13 4:00 AM
bfgBaikal,

Just wanted to let you know the link sent me to a locked thread dated 17 December, 2008 called Big Fish Key Ring.

Hey guys! Must have been the most recent forum maintenance.

posted in Christmas Stories: Nutcracker Collector's Edition on Dec 1, 12 11:18 AM
marie1931 wrote:I don't understand what you mean erigby

Would you please write all the details from the beginning ?

I tried to do what you said, but it doesn't work

I must have missed something

Sure, Marie. Click on the clickable link bfgizara just provided above. Then click on "add to cart" specifying whichever game you want to add. When I got to the "buy" page Nutcracker had already been added, along with the other game I wanted to buy and the Gift coupon code had already been applied, so I proceeded to checkout. Hope this helps!

posted in Christmas Stories: Nutcracker Collector's Edition on Dec 1, 12 10:23 AM

Figured out how to make the sale work. Click on "learn more" on first page, then click whichever $2.99 game you want, which will take you to your account page where Christmas Stories Nutcracker has already been entered, along with whatever game(s) you just added to your cart including the coupon. Continue as usual.

posted in Christmas Stories: Nutcracker Collector's Edition on Dec 1, 12 7:31 AM

Not a CE fan myself, mommabear, but I think I'll cave on this one.
Whadd'ya mean marie? I was planning on getting Fellina's Journey for $2.99.

posted in The Scruffs: Return of the Duke on Feb 25, 12 11:16 AM

I should have come here first. I've just played the game through to this point for the second time and could not place the cloth on the last spoon. Then I thought putting it in the box would help. Noooo. Sooo frustrating! I don't know if I even want to go through a third time. What a disappointment.

posted in Romance of Rome on Feb 16, 12 8:44 PM

Sorry, had to track this thing down.

gojira, every time I came back to the same place in the game, it would do the same thing. I even tried another player name and a new game and the "back" button wouldn't work with that either. Weird.

bfgHondo, apology for posting in Tech Talk, but the game forum posts were so old I didn't think anybody would be reading anything there. Thanks for your advice though and I'll check it out.

posted in Romance of Rome on Feb 16, 12 2:19 PM
I tried the demo of this game during the Valentine's Day sale and everything was going well until I started to shop for Marcus. After I got through with the purchases, I hit the "Back" button and nothing happened. I ended up having to reboot my computer b/c I couldn't get out of that scene and when I went back to the game, same story/same channel.

Anyone else have this problem and what did you do to fix it?

posted in Azada® : In Libro Collector's Edition on Nov 17, 11 7:55 AM

First off, let me say I'm not the nitpicking type....but.

I just watched the video and at the moment when the guy pulls off the mask and opens the trap door for our hero/heroine to fall through the caption reads:

It was a rouse.

Did they mean to say ruse, b/c to my uncertain knowledge rouse is a verb and means to awaken, while ruse is subterfuge?

Probably just a typo. Still....

posted in Azada® : In Libro Collector's Edition on Nov 17, 11 7:05 AM

First off, let me say I'm not the nitpicking type....but.

I just watched the video and at the moment when the guy pulls off the mask and opens the trap door for our hero/heroine to fall through the caption reads:

It was a rouse.

Did they mean to say ruse, b/c to my uncertain knowledge rouse is a verb and means to awaken, while ruse is subterfuge?

Probably just a typo. Still....

posted in Redrum: Time Lies on Oct 16, 11 9:37 AM

Oh, I sure hope so!

posted in Redrum: Time Lies on Oct 16, 11 6:37 AM

lackoo

Assuming you've played #1, no. Myself? I'm waiting on #3.

posted in Recyclorama on Oct 3, 11 5:24 AM

You might want to check out this thread:

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/143470.page

Good luck!

posted in Sphera on Sep 30, 11 6:47 AM

I saw this game on another game site, too and liked the look of it. Think I'll give it a demo drive. Thanks for posting.

posted in Reincarnations: Uncover the Past on Sep 26, 11 11:34 AM

I've just got one word to say to all the people who recommended this game:

THANKS!

I thought I might go ahead and write a review since I'm going to be playing this game for the first time for the rest of my natural life. This is a really well put together game that has a lot going for it, e.g., outstanding graphics, realistic sound effects, and a sense of humor that I've enjoyed so far.

However.....the mini-games are sometimes an exercise in frustration. (Thank God for reset buttons.) On a few of them, even after selecting the huh? button, I still didn't have a clue and had to resort to the SG where I learned, naturally, the answers on the ones I was looking for were random. The object scenes, with all the layering you have to pass through to get to the next items, were great fun and a mechanic I remember from Devil's Triangle. But, it can step on your last nerve when you have to place an inventory tool on a certain object 20 times before it'll accept your directions. You simply can't advance in the game until you get it just right.

Music? I'm not going to run out and buy the soundtrack but it fits rather well, even though the eight monotonous chords played on a (piano?) while you're trying to figure something out had me going to the option tab to lower the volume.

Plot? Well, it is set in the Bermuda Triangle, so I've suspended belief for the duration of the game. The sense of humor I mentioned above plays well with all the bizarre characters that inhabit the place.

If I wasn't sitting here with a facial tic and loosing my hair from stress-related game playing, I would probably give it 5 stars. But, in my present condition, it'll have to be 4 stars instead. (Btw, the only other game that produced these afflictions was 13th Skull, particularly the goings-on in that dreaded swamp.)

WT is available @ the "gazebo" website. Good luck!

posted in Fishdom 2 on Jul 13, 11 1:39 PM

I don't know what it is about this game, but when I get frazzled or someone steps on my last nerve I head for the aquariums and all the cute little fish with the big blue eyes and the cheerful smiles.

It's mindless, entertaining, visually stunning and highly addictive. Just hearing that bouncy background music takes the stress down a notch or two. I don't need a map, SG, or nine keys to open one lock, although I love those games too.

But, for sheer relaxation and a time-out on worries it's hard to beat... unless I run into my ex and his new wife in which case I take a Xanax and play the game.

posted in Robinson Crusoe and the Cursed Pirates on Jul 10, 11 12:13 PM

joyce, thanks so much for drawing our attention to this very enjoyable game. It's one I've passed up in the past but as the current COTW and after reading your recommendation, I decided to try it.

Terrific graphics, not so easy object searches, and the tongue-planted-firmly-in-the-cheek humor is a winning combination for me. So, I bought it and am having a great time!

TYVM

posted in Redrum ™ on Jul 3, 11 10:39 PM

govols, I only remember the pause button when I'm playing a mini-game, but I'll try that and see if that works. Thanks for the ((())).

luckystar, I didn't even consider that option but I will now.

Thanks you two! This is driving me nuts!

posted in Redrum ™ on Jul 3, 11 10:19 PM

So, I'm playing Redrum 1 and I can't get out of the game. Where is the menu on the screen? All I see is the diary and "replay intro", which I've tried and which sends me straight back to same place I was to begin with.

I'm considering buying this game on sale, but I'd like to be able to come and go when I want to.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator