Posts created by lsr103

gb2839 wrote:I'm currently at the point of trying to make the red pills. I've added the two flowers and the violet (blue?) powder and should be able to mix them together on the way to making the red pills. BUT once combined, they are seemingly invisible to the game. When I try to use the mortar and pestle, I'm told "I must combine the proper ingredients" even though I've already combined the proper ingredients. I can't mix things up and can't really proceed with the game until I get the red pills. And I can't go back and get the ingredients again since they have already been picked up.

I posted in the game advice and already have two others with the same issue. This seems like a technical problem for the game.

Running on MacOS Sierra 10.12.4, so the previous suggestions about running as Administrator don't apply.

posted in Ancient Spiders on Oct 3, 17 4:23 AM
Ditto - same here. Is there anything we can do to get this to open?

I'm afraid I thought this was pretty much as dull as ditchwater. Here we go again; the same tired old off-the-peg plot line - a haunted mansion with restless ghosts seeking rest. One key after another (after another after another...) to open meaningless caskets and jewellery boxes containing arbitrary items. Mystery Case Files did this kind of thing brilliantly several years ago with its Ravenhearst series. Haunted Hotel XV just feels like re-microwaved, hastily cobbled together cliché after cliché. "Boring" doesn't come close to covering it - truly mind-numbing!

I'm afraid I thought this was pretty much as dull as ditchwater. Here we go again; the same tired old off-the-peg plot line - a haunted mansion with restless ghosts. One key after another (after another after another...) to open meaningless caskets and jewellery boxes containing arbitrary items. Mystery Case Files did this kind of thing brilliantly several years ago with its Ravenhearst series. Haunted Hotel XV just feels like re-microwaved, hastily conceived twaddle. "Boring" doesn't come close to covering it - truly mind-numbing!

posted in Leaves 2: The Return on Sep 4, 17 11:45 AM
I'm struggling with entering the tunnel beside the bronze cow under the stone hands. I've managed - simply by clicking randomly - to enter the tunnel a couple of times, but this cannot be how the game was designed - it takes 5 minutes of random clicking around the tunnel to pass through, even though the cursor is clearly live. Is there a fix?

posted in Ancient Spiders on Jul 24, 17 11:06 PM
Exactly the same problem here - the demo won't even open, let alone play. Is there anything I can do to try playing this game or should I simply delete and forget...? Advice gratefully received.

posted in Haunted Hotel: The Thirteenth on May 17, 17 12:35 AM
Afternoon! I'm having the same crashing problem as several other people within 3 minutes of beginning this game. All I'd like to know, once and for all, is whether it is worth my while continuing attempting to debug this problem. After 3 re-installations I'm having serious doubts! Could someone please just give me a yes or no answer and - if yes - where I can download any necessary remedial software.

Many thanks!

posted in Mystery Tales: The Hangman Returns Collector's Edition on Mar 7, 17 11:35 PM
I'm having problems with a Book Cover. I just was "given" a book cover by a drugged housekeeper (whom I'm happy to say I revived!). I'm sure this book cover is needed to place into a picture frame for me to be able to continue. Unfortunately, there is no book cover in my inventory so I suspect I'm stuck. Any suggestions?

posted in Haunted Hotel: The X Collector's Edition on Nov 16, 15 7:32 PM
I'm having trouble in the bonus chapter. After I took the insulating tape out of the briefcase and fixed the phone wire, but the whole briefcase, complete with the handcuffs, has simply disappeared. I'm very close to completion. I'm pretty sure I would now need to handcuff the villain in order to move on and complete the game. Is this a glitch? Help, please.

Yes - extremely infuriating. I've been clicking about all evening, unable to move on. Now I discover that, once you've missed the knife button - that's it! - game over.

Too bad - I was enjoying it until now. I don't think I have either the patience or inclination to restart...

posted in Maze: Subject 360 Collector's Edition on Aug 5, 15 4:47 PM
I have tried relentlessly to solve the correct order for the plants which need to be put in the potion. I have tried following the recipe-sheet - nothing works. By now, I'm even happy simply to have the correct order spelled out to me. I've managed the rest of the game with no hints and in difficult mode. I don't know why, but I've had a total brain melt on this one puzzle. Can anybody help?

Many thanks,
LSR103

posted in Mayan Prophecies: Blood Moon Collector's Edition on Aug 12, 14 7:46 PM
This has to be a programming problem. I have now replayed the game for a second time - and yes - if you miss the coal to complete the cave drawing before the mountain pass to the sauna collapses, you're completely snookered; you can no longer go back to get it and the game can no longer be continued.

On the first occasion I played the game I had the bead which completed the crypt-idol's necklace but not the coal. This time I made sure I had the coal, but now cannot obtain the bead.

I've switched to casual setting so I can at least get a hint or a sparkle - anything! Zilch!

This has got to be a game-programming issue. Could someone do something, please?

posted in Mayan Prophecies: Blood Moon Collector's Edition on Aug 11, 14 4:27 AM
I've a feeling we're both stuck at the same point and that it's probably worse than we think. I suspect the HOP for the coal is in the Sauna location. That has been cut off by a landslide, so we can't get back to do the puzzle. I think it's a case of back to square 1 and make sure we absolutely remember to do the Sauna puzzle.

posted in Fright Collector's Edition on Jul 5, 14 3:52 PM
Is anyone else coming unstuck on this? I can't light the candle on the signal lantern on the water-tower - The gas-lighter doesn't work.

Any suggestions?

posted in Fright Collector's Edition on Jul 5, 14 3:47 PM
Is anyone else coming unstuck on this? I can't light the candle on the signal lantern on the water-tower - The gas-lighter doesn't work.

Any suggestions?

posted in The Secret Order: New Horizon on May 5, 14 11:25 PM
Can anyone suggest a way around this? A HOG scene has opened, the one on the desk requiring sharpening a pencil and making a chain of paperclips. I was able to guess and go through these processes, but there is no inventory of items to find, so even clicking on these objects does not "pick them up." Clearly, this is a glitch. I'll need the objects from this HOG scene to continue the game. Is there any way of "fooling" the game into letting me carry out the necessary pick-up procedure or is it a case of back to the beginning again…?

I have now read several complaints about this unbridgeable problem. Even reinstalling and replaying doesn't seem to fix the problem. Why on earth - two years after the first post on this subject - has no-one in the development team for this game solved the issue?

Most irritating!

posted in The Secret Order: New Horizon on May 5, 14 11:16 PM
Can anyone suggest a way around this? A HOG scene has opened, the one on the desk requiring sharpening a pencil and making a chain of paperclips. I was able to guess and go through these processes, but there is no inventory of items to find, so even clicking on these objects does not "pick them up." Clearly, this is a glitch. I'll need the objects from this HOG scene to continue the game. Is there any way of "fooling" the game into letting me carry out the necessary pick-up procedure or is it a case of back to the beginning again…?

posted in True Fear: Forsaken Souls Collector's Edition on Mar 5, 14 10:06 PM
I've just experienced exactly the same problem. I wonder if there is a way around this (other than starting from scratch!)

posted in True Fear: Forsaken Souls Collector's Edition on Mar 5, 14 3:27 AM
TRAIN TRACK PROBLEM. Anyone else?

I've hit a bug. The final piece of train track needed for that particular game (you'll know what I mean if/when you get that far) is lying on the floor, but cannot be picked up - so basically, I'm stymied. Something is definitely wrong with the programming as reloading the scene occasionally removes the piece of track completely or shows it and lists it as piece number "0" - clearly ludicrous.

Could someone PLEASE resolve the myriad bugs in this game. It is very frustrating to find one has been wasting one's time like this - I really haven't the stomach to go right back to the beginning.

posted in Judge Dee: The City God Case on Dec 11, 13 5:38 AM
Afternoon.

I keep having to go around in circles. I am made endlessly to redo the hidden object scenes in the abandoned monastery section. I have "discovered" the necessary scrolls, but the game refuses to acknowledge this fact and to trigger the next stage of the story. It simply keeps re-activating the hidden object scenes. I think I have got where all the items are hidden branded into my memory for all eternity by now!

I'm not sure what to do.

Best,
L

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator