Posts created by ember89

posted in Mystery Case Files: Broken Hour Collector's Edition on Dec 6, 16 1:09 PM
Finished the main chapter and bonus chapter... Tried to do the Developer Hunt and the rooms are ALL messed up... Then I received a message that my game save file had been corrupted so the game deleted it and I would have to complete the game all over again along with the bonus chapter to access the bonus content... When I went back to the menu, the game had no record of my progress or my settings, so I knew that it had indeed deleted my entire save file and I would have to do the entire thing over if I wanted to do anything with the bonus games....

Sent an email to CS already, but they are swamped and don't know when they'll get to it... Be careful out there, everyone wanting to access those bonus items we paid the extra money for... They could just make you lose your game and put you back at Zero Hour

posted in Farm Up on Apr 13, 15 8:53 PM
i actually had a long stretch where i didn't earn any XP for doing things around the farm like clearing rocks and weeds, feeding and watering livestock, and watering and weeding crops... the only time i earned XP was when i actually harvested an item or completed an order...

this latest update has been really hinky, and not ALL the production times have been cut... only some... and while wool quantities needed to make items in the textile factory have changed, the amount of wheat/flour/etc. has not changed in the bakery... and since everyone seems to want baked goods... so going crazy with this mess!

and now i've lost my livestock - so glad that one of my top rules is never sell wool or milk or chicken eggs, because i will be living on what i have stockpiled in the barn until the next update!

hangin in

posted in Farm Up on Apr 13, 15 11:28 AM
all of my animals suddenly started walking in place and will not eat or drink or go to the stalls... i have quit both the game and the game manager app... i have done the uninstall/reinstall on both, and i have rebooted my computer numerous times... but they are stuck in their trances...

will i ever be able to collect wool or milk again?

will the dancing never stop?

will grandpa finally go so slow that he walks backwards?

posted in Farm Up on Mar 25, 15 3:55 PM
one thing i'm happy about is being able to stack orders going IN to the factories and the wool allotments have been adjusted in the textile menu... it takes a lot less wool to make a dress nowadays

posted in Nancy Drew: The Silent Spy on Oct 23, 14 5:55 PM
unfortunately, large file games are difficult to cut trial versions for... you will notice on some of the larger games that only a portion downloads as a trial and if you buy, you have to go through another download to get the rest of the game...

because the code in these large file games is so complex and linked every which way, it's difficult to "DIY" a demo if one isn't provided by the developer... and why should the developer provide it here when they've already provided one on their website? sure, it would be easy enough to do, but it wouldn't be the "game" you were playing, it would still be just a piece...

my advice is to chat with members on the game forums and find out what you can about the style and method of game play... believe me, when you find a ND enthusiast, she will be more than happy to share her opinion! and here you can find many of us, i'm sure!

BTW - this game was AWESOME!!!

posted in Nancy Drew: The Silent Spy on Oct 23, 14 5:47 PM
when you are facing the archery table in the arena, walk towards it and an arrow should appear to take you to "the range"

then, as targets appear... hold your left mouse button down to pull back on the arrow and release to let it go... when the arrow is ready to fire, you will see a red "bullseye" similar to a targeting scope...

then just adjust for speed and distance of the target and let those arrows fly!!

happy shooting!

posted in Nancy Drew: The Silent Spy on Oct 23, 14 5:43 PM
one cookie i made showed two layers, with a star cut out, orange on the bottom, purple on the top, and lots of goo and sprinkles everywhere...so

i spread the orange topping on the bottom layer [which was already present] and sprinkled the red jimmies over it...

then i took the second cookie and laid it on top...

i spread the purple topping over it and used the white glaze, then cut out the star - because the topping and glaze were missing from the picture of what the finished cookie should look like...

then it all got sprinkled in blue jimmies and served!

the key is to figure out what layers go where, just like with the tartan pattern... similar to the glass box in captive curse

hope that helps! happy baking!

posted in Nancy Drew: The Silent Spy on Oct 22, 14 10:54 PM
i knew that i had been holding onto that credit for something... and when i saw the new title, i went ballistic! it was definitely an OMG moment... i went directly to buy, did not pass Go, and used my credit to DL this latest installment which i am thoroughly enjoying!!

first, i have to say that i love the setting and the reason for nancy going on this latest adventure... it opens the door for tons of back story and a new understanding of why our girl sleuth is who she is... and scotland is a territory of as many different landscapes and people as there questions in nancy's mind... it makes for some wonderful scenery, tasty treats, and lovely music!

then there's the cast of characters she gets to interact with... the enigmatic alec, the boisterous bridget, the elusive evan, and moira, both mothering and blistering... much like carson drew, who we discover had no idea his daughter was planning a venture overseas... ouch!

and making money in this game is actually fun! there are the intermittent twinkles that will lead you to a coin here and there as we've seen in captive curse and trail of the twister... but the money maker is COOKIES! who doesn't love cookies? trust me - it's easier than packing bento AND it puts coins in your pocket... LOTS of coins if you keep at it!

the topper for me was the rustic cabin that suddenly changed into a high-tech fortress with the help of a television set! it was one of those 'whoa' moments

anyway, i am totally happy with my purchase and am having the time of my life tonight!!

happy spying

posted in Nancy Drew: The Silent Spy on Oct 22, 14 10:34 PM
yes! for once there is a way to make money that is fun and easy!

no dancing in clubs, no walking the beach for hours hunting shells, no doing the same two paint by numbers over and over again, and no RAID... just cute little cookies!

posted in The Witch and The Warrior on Sep 12, 14 2:32 PM
anda's island... in the thieves' cave

posted in Gnumz: Masters of Defense on Sep 1, 14 6:13 PM
one word: ADDICTIVE!

when the hour was over i was like, hey! where did the time go? i was just really enjoying it!

being familiar with garden/toy defense games, the overall format of the game was easily gleaned, but the flair added with the elements and a little magic was just what this girl needed to really get her in the groove! sure, you have to stop these thieves and skeletons and TROLLS from getting into your warehouse and stealing your ore, but in this round - it's all about how you go about doing it that changes everything up and makes it interesting!

the earth traps shoot up spikes in all directions OUCH
the ice scissors send razor sharp blades slicing through your enemies OOOH
the fire grates roast 'em and toast 'em AHHH
hee hee and the shadow traps steal their money while sucking the life out of them! cha-ching!

yes, i have been having quite a bit of fun with this one and urge you to give it a try even if you don't usually go for this kind of game... why? because sometimes, at the end of the day, when it seems like 'one more thing' is gonna set you off... it's just fun to drop a ton of boulders on some skeletons and watch 'em go >poof<

enjoy

posted in Lilly and Sasha: Curse of the Immortals on Aug 29, 14 3:52 AM
actually... you get the key to the house in the hills once you find the three thieves that took the bandit interrogator's money... btw - i thought those scenes were the most hilarious!! not as funny as the play/auction, mind you, but...

the house mr. i'msolazyi'llnevergetoffthisbench gives up is for a house on the middle island - which our party claims to never want to visit, but i'm guessing the world has to get a little bigger if there are multiple sequels

posted in Lilly and Sasha: Curse of the Immortals on Aug 29, 14 3:43 AM
i think it may be a typo... i think of it as dpt - damage per turn

posted in Lilly and Sasha: Curse of the Immortals on Aug 29, 14 3:42 AM
stamina is automatically returned to you if you have down time between fights...

health can be replenished with potions either in or out of battle, spells and runes in battle, or by sleeping at an inn

posted in Lilly and Sasha: Curse of the Immortals on Aug 29, 14 3:38 AM
if you're talking about the jellyfish... i think that's everyone's favorite!

the key is to get the middle column done first AND make sure one of your groups of the blue has three pieces in it... REMEMBER: you can't move some of those pieces in the legs so you're going to have to get creative!

good luck

posted in Lilly and Sasha: Curse of the Immortals on Aug 29, 14 3:35 AM
have to say that i thought the black one was last, but...

in this area, i can only say retrace your steps and look for any buildings that might be grey... if there are grey buildings, you haven't been in those, yet, so check again!

posted in Lilly and Sasha: Curse of the Immortals on Aug 29, 14 3:32 AM
if you haven't spoken to tommy, yet, you won't get past them anytime in the near future...

of course, if you mean they are kicking your ****... then go kill some more hornets first

posted in Lilly and Sasha: Curse of the Immortals on Aug 29, 14 3:30 AM
the quarter key puzzles are an absolute B!TCH!!!

my personal advice is to work one, then walk about in the world for a while if you get frustrated easily...

if i remember this cave correctly... four barrels and lots of balls??

this is where it helps to remind yourself that the colored rocks don't fall in

as each person will come up with very different solutions to this one... the best tip i can give you is to determine where you need to place your "bridges" and everything will fall into place

posted in Lilly and Sasha: Curse of the Immortals on Aug 29, 14 3:23 AM
this is probably THE most linear RPG i have ever played... if you need an item, someone asks for it, you go find it, you use it, period.

if you have an item you cannot use, it may be that the item is not the correct one for the job you have in mind... also... some jobs will require multiple items and you will not be able to use one until you have them all...

all that being said... the only item you can use out in the world by choosing it from the inventory menu is the camera... you can use potions on your characters, but you can't say "i feel like using a hammer" and "use" it... instead, you need to find the person who requested it or the thing you're supposed to be using it on...

good luck

posted in Lilly and Sasha: Curse of the Immortals on Aug 29, 14 3:15 AM
the flowers need to be placed on the correct graves, and then a tunnel will open for you to go down... the man you meet will give you what you need to start the fire... just watch out!

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator