Posts created by wendycat00

posted in The Fifth Gate on May 10, 12 5:25 PM
THOUGHT I DIDN'T LIKE TM GAMES! THIS ONE CHANGED MY MIND. IT'S SO ENGROSSING THAT HOURS FLY BY.

posted in Tradewinds Legends on Nov 8, 10 8:11 PM
HOW I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE THIS GAME. EVERYTIME I PLAY IT I FIND OUT SOMETHING NEW ABOUT IT. I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY IT'S NOT MORE POPULAR. THE CUSTOM CHARACTERS ARE FUN AND THE ADVENTURES ARE A LITTLE DIFFERENT. I WISH YOU COULD INTERACT WITH THE TINY FIGURES THAT WALK AROUND IN THE CITIES. MY FAVORITE TIP: WAREHOUSES ARE THE KEY TO AMASSING BIG FORTUNES. WHEN A ARTICLE LIKE GUNPOWDER OR RUGS IS BANNED AND YOU HAVE A WAREHOUSE THERE, CHECK THE PRICE IT'S SELLING AT. SOMETIMES IT'S 11,OOO DOLLARS! IT WON'T BE CONFISCATED EITHER!

posted in Fishing Craze on Oct 4, 10 3:56 PM
You could try Finders Keepers or Reel Quest. Both funny fishing games.

posted in Fizzball on Jul 30, 10 8:12 PM
I've played a few of these kind of games (Boom Voyage,Treasures of the Deep, Egyptian ball, Ultra Ball) and this one has the most personality! I think they are called "breaker games". This genre is a lot of fun but could stand some improving art and subject-wise. Perhaps this is the start of a breakthrough. The humor in Fizzball is so welcome, The moose in the bubble cracks me up. My only criticism is that the ball is sooo hard to see at first!

posted in The Rise of Atlantis on Jun 17, 10 8:51 PM
THIS IS A GREAT MATCH 3 GAME. IT REMINDS ME OF "AROUND THE WORLD IN 80 DAYS". SIMILAR MUSIC AND SOUND EFFECTS. IT'S QUITE A BIT EASIER THOUGH (AND I'M GRATEFUL). THE FIRST TIME THROUGH I DIDN'T KNOW HOW TO USE THE SWAP BONUS, THE INSTRUCTIONS ARE MISLEADING. IT'S STILL USEFUL THOUGH. THE SECOND TIME THROUGH I FEEL LIKE SUCH AN ACE! I USED TO DISMISS MATCH 3 AS TOO EASY BUT THIS ONE REQUIRES SOME STRATEGY! :

posted in Oriental Dreams on Jun 2, 10 6:09 PM
I found this game just challenging enough. The first time through I was just happy to make the matches and finish each level. Now, On the second time through I really thought about weapons placement and objectives. I still haven't gotten gold trophies on most levels. That seems almost impossible but maybe the next time though that will be my goal. Please Big Fish, more games like this!
UPDATE: I got the gold trophy on all but one level. I find that when I'm having trouble with a game, if I leave it alone for 24 hours my subconcious works on the problem and I can solve the level!

posted in Treasures of the Serengeti on Apr 20, 10 1:14 PM
I must be missing something here! I've never had so much trouble so early in a game before. I can never seem to get enough bonus points to finish a level. I go into each level with all the extras (hourglass, hammer, wildcard) and still fail the level! I'm only on the second part (fishing village) 2nd level. I loved Paradise
Quest and this one reminds me of it but it's like PQ's evil twin!

posted in Dragon Empire on Apr 1, 10 8:43 AM
I never thought I'd find a match 3 that I liked as well as Paradise Quest but I think I like this one a bit better than my old favorite. The music is soothing and pleasant and I enjoy interacting with the village I created. Here's some surprises:
1. When you click on the ship when it's in the harbor you can make the sails go up and down!
2. Clicking on the 3rd resouce number from the left (in the bottom right corner) gives you creepy flying serpents (dragons?).
3. Clicking on the 4th resouce number from the left gives you LOTS of fireworks but caution, you can't turn them off again without ending the game.
Any others? Hey, I just found a new one! You can open and close the gates at the military camp (where the boxers are).
I wish that you could continue to build the village through level 100. I always lose interest when I've built everthing there is to build.

posted in Fishing Craze on Mar 25, 10 8:43 PM
I really like this game! Warning though, it gets MUCH harder as it goes along. It has a sense of humour about it that I like. Neptune shoots arrows at you in an American lake! When you snag an eel you turn into a skeleton. If you fail to qualify it lets you keep trying. The magnet is a great advantage. I wish you could buy it at the tackle shop!

posted in Boom Voyage on Mar 11, 10 10:29 AM
[color=#33ca00]I agree that this is a great game! I like it better than Treasures of the Deep. It's brighter and more varied than TOTD and it makes more sense. It's also harder but so much fun. People, you should give this one a try

posted in Paradise Quest on Mar 1, 10 4:04 PM
I love this game! It's living proof that a game doesn't need to be super hard to be entertaining. I call it my $6.99 tropical vacation. The music is great too. I looked up all the other games that ended with "quest" to see if they were similar to this one but I believe that it's unmatched. Please make more like this one!

posted in Cradle of Rome on Dec 9, 09 8:52 AM
Since so many of us are resorting to "Cheats" to play our beloved "Cradle of Rome", I would like to offer some suggestions to the game developers. I do this, not as criticism, but much in the same way that I might advise a child to sit up straight! OK here goes:

1. Offer an untimed mode or allow way more time for the harder levels.

2. Make the weapons more powerful. Currently the star is the only great weapon. I
haven't finished the game yet, maybe there's a better one.

3. Improve the graphics ("Around the World in 80 Days" is much more beautiful)
The scene with the peasants is too cartoon like.

posted in Cradle of Rome on Dec 4, 09 10:34 PM
Cradle of Persia is very similar
Around the World in 80 Days is very similar (and my favorite, beautiful game)
Fairy Island is quite similar.

posted in The Lost Inca Prophecy on Aug 19, 09 1:54 PM
I really like this game! The artwork is beautiful and the couple featured look like movie stars. I've even tried to imagine what they would sound like: (him, Antonio Banderas, her, Angelina Jolie). Sounds funny but the attractive characters really add to the game. It looks like match 3 games are growing up a bit!

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator