Posts created by ajuma

posted in Alice Greenfingers on Sep 24, 17 2:35 AM
Thanks! I've been having problems with it too. When I clicked on the "contact Technical Support" I got a "page not found". One thing that I think is wrong is that the game isn't compatible with Windows 10 or higher. I've tried to fix it using info I've found on-line but I haven't been successful yet. I'll try playing in windowed mode. Thanks for the suggestion!

posted in Wandering Willows on Nov 4, 16 4:19 AM
Have you been to the tropics? Be sure to look at the map for yellow/gold stars. Also, become "best friends" with all of the characters. If you're still having trouble, post again.

posted in Hobby Farm on Sep 5, 16 4:45 AM
There's a 4-sided arrow button down in the panel next to the shop button. You can use that.

posted in BVS Solitaire Collection on Apr 6, 14 8:12 PM
I'm also having trouble with the new version. I've been playing Double Topsy Turvy Queens for years without problems. Now, when a Queen (last card as the build is K-Q) is placed on the second to last column, no card is uncovered, so it's impossible to win the game. As per the rules, once a queen is placed to finish a column, it's impossible to undo it. With the new version, after the 2nd to last queen is placed, it IS possible to undo, so something is obviously wrong.

Please let me know when this is fixed as this is my all-time favorite solitaire game!! Thank you.

posted in The Island: Castaway 2 on May 23, 12 2:16 AM
I found that it took a long time and that I had to do a lot of things before I got the recipe for Vegetable Stew. Be patient, do everything else (and if all else fails, go to the area where the shaman is) and you'll get the recipe eventually!

posted in Coloropus on Apr 18, 12 7:00 AM
I've played this game for 20 minutes and STILL can't figure out what to do! I get the feeling it's something like Tiny Bang Story and that you have to figure things out on your own but I've gone to the developers site and have had no luck getting past the first board!

Has anyone else played this and been successful at it? I think I only need a bit of a hint to advance.

posted in Grave Mania: Undead Fever on Mar 5, 12 1:06 AM
con't

On the first screen there's a "How to play" section that's pretty extensive. It describes things you'll see in the game, side quests (hunting for un-dead rodents...I never saw one, but then again, I had my hands full with the zombies!!), an explanation of all the different potions and parts of the game...oh oodles of stuff! I suggest you read this over before starting. Play a bit, then go back and read it again when you know what they're talking about!!

The music was appropriately eerie and I didn't find it intrusive.

It DID seem to load quite slowly between between scenes but it kept you entertained by phrases at the bottom such as "Fixing Bonnie's hair" and "Eating Brains".

The game DOES have a very VERY steep learning curve! It shows you the "perfect" score on the bottom right of the screen...and I couldn't get perfect on the first 2 levels! I finally managed it on the 3rd..heaven knows how!

If you're a TM fan, be sure to check this one out when it comes along...I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

posted in Grave Mania: Undead Fever on Mar 5, 12 1:05 AM
I did the beta of this one, and while TM isn't my favorite genre, this one was kind of fun. Here's my review, copied from the "Sneak Peek" thread:

Grave Mania: Undead Fever (by Anino Games and Team Loca)

Actually, if you're a TM fan and you like "ghoulish" humor, you just might like this game!

While I used to be good at TM games, my eye/hand coordination isn't what it was, so take that into consideration when reading this review:

The plague has taken over the country and the folks have turned into zombies. It's your job to prepare them for their final resting place.

Think of "Sally's Salon" with zombies...on speed! You drag and drop the zombies to different places and "prepare" them. In the first "micro-game" as they call them, you have to click the mouse until the test tube fills to a certain line, then click done.

They next move to a chair so you can "fix the bones" by hitting the mis-placed bones with a hammer. I found this one a bit difficult as you not only have to figure out which bones are out of place (you have to fit them into their shadow), but then hit the bone on the right place within the allotted time.

The next chair (thank goodness!) is just a drag and click. It sort of looks like Bonnie (the ... um, I guess the mortician!) is putting make up on them.

Last, you drag them to the coffins and zip! They're gone to their final resting place.

In later levels, there are additional stations: One, where you choose the correct clothes and another where you choose the correct make up. I STILL haven't quite figured out how you know which makeup to use!

You also have to clean the dirty stations and the dirty coffins.

Other stuff:

The graphics were cartoon style and fairly clear and bright considering the setting and the story is quite funny.
con't

posted in Syberia - Part 1 on Feb 28, 12 6:49 AM
This (among a LOT of other things) makes me glad that I canceled my BFG membership. Only 2 credits left to spend and 4 months to do it. Then, I'm out of here except for checking on erigby's "breaking news" thread!

posted in 4 Elements II on Feb 27, 12 6:43 AM
Rooms: The Main Building is all sliders...with a twist!

posted in All My Gods on Feb 27, 12 5:47 AM
I haven't been a member for a couple of months now and I was still able to d/l this game today! Thanks for the glitch BFG!

posted in Syberia - Part 1 on Feb 25, 12 6:08 AM
Pepper010 wrote:Syberia is still available. Here's a quick way to find it (or any game you're looking for):

Click on the All Games Forums tab.

Then click on S (or the letter for the title of any game you're looking for). You'll get a list of all games beginning with S.

Both Syberia and S2 are listed. Click on Syberia. You'll be taken to the forum for that game. At the top, as always, is a link to "try this game." Click on it and you'll be taken to a download and purchase page.

As it's a large-file game, there's no trial period.

Enjoy!

Pepper, that's the way I always look for games. If you compare, there are a LOT more listed under the game forum than under the "find PC Games".

posted in Mother Nature on Feb 13, 12 3:37 AM
I had NO idea what to do. The tutorial was LESS than helpful! I don't mind slow games, but for heaven sakes, TELL ME HOW TO PLAY!!!

posted in Crime Solitaire on Jan 31, 12 7:24 PM

Thanks for the tip on using the dog card!

posted in Crime Solitaire on Jan 31, 12 5:16 AM
While there are 52 crimes to solve, each crime has as few as 3 and as many as 10 (? maybe more...I've never really counted) boards. Each board is a day. I'm on day 310 and I haven't reached 52 crimes yet...close to 40 though!

posted in Crime Solitaire on Jan 31, 12 12:59 AM
Um...Desktop Gaming:

I know that this is your game, and you should know better than I do...but I've been playing this game A LOT and I've gotten the "dog" when I've had a Full House (A-K in one play without turning over another card).

If, indeed, the "dog" card is for a "clean sweep", then the trophies are wrong because I've gotten 3 "dog" cards but never a "clean sweep" trophy!

I use the dog card on those tough boards where you've played 20 times and STILL haven't beat it and don't want to give up. Play the card and it's like winning the round...I DON'T think you get any money though....which IMHO isn't very fair!!!

posted in Heroes of Kalevala on Jan 31, 12 12:52 AM
This is one of my favorite M3 games. The only bad thing about it is that it's timed. Yeah, I know...99.9% of the time, if a M3 game is timed, I don't even try it, let alone buy it, but this one just was so much fun! I loved the ability to choose your hero and the building...and a bunch of other stuff that I can't remember since I haven't played it in a few month!

Even if you HATE timed M3 games, give this one a try!

posted in Starlaxis: Rise of the Light Hunters on Dec 22, 11 9:03 AM
The developer contacted me asking for specs but I haven't heard back. Has anyone heard of Shader 2.0? Apparently your system has to support this program but I've never heard of it!!

posted in Starlaxis: Rise of the Light Hunters on Dec 22, 11 7:17 AM
Starlaxis wrote:Hi together!

I'm the developer of the Starlaxis and I hope you have fun with the game!

Please post all thoughts and comments about the game here!

And by the way, if you get stucked in a level, don't bother to tell me,
maybe I can help you...

Um...I think you mean "please tell me". "Don't bother to tell me" means "I don't want you to tell me because I'm not interested"!

posted in Starlaxis: Rise of the Light Hunters on Dec 22, 11 12:59 AM
Started up the game and got a blue screen. Nope, not the blue screen of death, just a blue screen with music. Then I got a box to enter my name. Did that. Still blue screen. Waited.................still blue screen. Used CtlAltDel to exit the game. Game minimized but the cursor wandered all around the screen...couldn't get to to touch on "end now". Couldn't get to the task bar to exit from there. Tried tabbing and got a continuous repeat of a pop-up box about "Failure to install DirectX textures". Finally had to restart.

And yes, I have DirectX 9 as asked for in the game specs.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator