Posts created by emmyjayne

posted in Sir Match-a-Lot on Nov 13, 17 3:10 PM
I've been a loyal player and have spent way more money than I should have on this game. But I, too, was shocked to see the latest changes. The player-hostile changes they made prohibit me from feeling enough satisfaction with my progress to warrant spending a ridiculous amount of money. There are too many other good games out there to justify the cost required now to keep going. Therefore, I will no longer play this game.

posted in Sir Match-a-Lot on Nov 11, 17 11:18 AM
EH7D7B

Thank you!!

posted in Awakening Kingdoms on Dec 18, 13 8:04 PM
Whoa! Way too complicated and tedious. There are so many different things going on at the same time that the story and goals become disjointed. Then after struggling to figure out how in the world this game is supposed to work I find out it's pay to play. I quit then and there. Absolutely dismayed to see this dev heading in this direction.

posted in The Happy Hereafter on Dec 17, 13 10:06 AM
It's easier to just use the left/right arrows in the lower left box to view the status of each worker. You can also grab a worker from within the box, click on the dining table so they'll eat and increase their happiness. But you don't need to move them back to where they were working - they'll automatically go there after eating.

Count me in as well - there is no butterfly jewel and I cannot proceed. Definitely a bug - I'm really surprised there's no update to this game yet. SO FRUSTRATING!

I ran into the same glitch - no butterfly jewel. The advice about rolling the cursor slowly until it turns into a hand does not work. This is definitely a bug and very frustrating. I've never run into a problem like this with this dev - I'm surprised there's no update yet.

posted in Nevertales: The Beauty Within Collector's Edition on Nov 23, 13 6:41 AM
Fantastic game! I haven't enjoyed a game this much in a very long time. This dev really did a phenomenal job - even the music was lovely! I also loved the narrator's voice. The devs put so much quality into this game, and for me it was the right level of difficulty (in hard mode). My only complaint is having an achievement for finishing the game under 4 hours - why in the world would I want to rush through this stunning game??? I absolutely recommend the CE!!

I completely agree with the reviews by mst3kr and cbtx. Yet another cookie cutter, overly cute, insultingly easy game by Everything's Recycled Studios.

posted in Haunted Hotel: Eclipse Collector's Edition on Oct 26, 13 10:56 AM
I really enjoy this dev's games but I REALLY wish they would stop putting in the achievement of 10 items in 10 seconds in a HOS! My poor old hands can't click that fast and it's usually the only achievement I can't get. I'm REALLY SICK OF IT!!!
Other than that this is a really good game.

posted in Myths of the World: Chinese Healer Collector's Edition on Jul 30, 13 9:00 AM
I'm about half way through this game and the soundtrack is driving me insane! The music is a constant loop - I turned that off long ago. But the incessant "hooting" in the background is so annoying! I absolutely hate it when devs don't think about stuff like this. I know I can shut off the sound but I don't like doing that - it takes away from the experience of the game.

posted in Love Chronicles: Salvation Collector's Edition on Jul 18, 13 8:42 PM
Agree that bonus game was a big disappointment. Very short and no attention to detail - some of the translations were overlooked, e.g., in one of the HOS "paper sheet" was actually a leaf. Music was lovely but mini-games were mostly same old games we've seen a thousand times before.Just seemed like a last ditch effort to call it a CE. Definitely wait for the SE, especially since there are no achievements. Not even close to being CE quality.

Extras - I tried to play music tracks in the Extras section but the tracks actually would not play. Adds to the perception of being ripped off by buying the CE.

posted in Reveries: Sisterly Love Collector's Edition on Jun 2, 13 12:51 PM
wheals1 wrote:I'm having a freeze with the water elephant. I've tried 7 times in different arrangements to get past this freeze. It's an access error. I've read the article and made adjustments. Still freezing. HELP

I, too, am getting an access violation game crash when I try to pick up the water elephant sphere.

posted in Reveries: Sisterly Love Collector's Edition on May 30, 13 9:31 AM
cbtx wrote:"Magical, Adorable, Splendid Feelings, Dreams Come True"?

How about boring, redundant,, and unambitious? Sorry, ERS, you seem to be in a groove that is making your games entirely too simple, with no challenge, and using the same old devices over and over.
I look for fun, an intelligent story, and a mild challenge.
A nice enough game for the very young, though.
And certainly you can take pride in 50 games. I think.

Agreed.

posted in Reveries: Sisterly Love Collector's Edition on May 30, 13 9:29 AM
Completely agree with cbtx's review. Just another formula game from ERS that continues to imply that their business strategy is quantity over quality.

posted in Reveries: Sisterly Love Collector's Edition on May 21, 13 9:35 AM
Thanks for listening to us, ERS!

Fantastic game - the best I've played since Nightmares from the Deep. Innovative, engaging, creative, stunning artwork, CE-worthy achievements. Seriously give this a try. I'm not finished yet but just had to give major kudos to the dev team. This game dev is now up there with the best (Bl*e Tea, B**mZap, BFGStudio, Elephant).

posted in Shiver: Moonlit Grove Collector's Edition on May 8, 13 8:26 PM
Ugh... Finished this game and I will sum it up in just a few words: dreary, tedious, illogical, and boring. Seriously, there were way too many tedious actions expected in this game...I mean, really, do you think it's fun to scrape dirt from a photo over and over, or move your mouse around in a circle over and over trying to spin something? That's just not fun and it's completely irrelevant to your main goal. Hey, I found the item I needed to do something with another object - that's what's interesting, not literally twirling a drill or spinning a wheel! C'mon, devs - you've made much better games before.

The graphics were just downright grim and depressing, and I could not stand the constant sound of lightening - I eventually turned the ambient sound off.

While the HOS started out with interesting interactions they became illogical - the items and actions needed were not what someone would expect or even logical so it became a big guessing game. I bought this game on sale, thank heavens, but I highly recommend not wasting your money, especially on the CE. Use a PCC on the SE if you need something to play.

Had the same problem here with the hint button. Had to start game over since I want the achievement. Frustrating. The devs should not put HOS items anywhere close to the hint button.

I just finished the game, including the bonus and extras. I've been a critic of ERS for a while now for pumping out unimaginative boring games that were way too easy, however, I have to say that they have finally stepped things up. This was much, much better than the ERS games of late. They really listened to their customers. The game overall seems well-thought out, they made the puzzles harder (I thought the difficulty was just right - I played in hardcore mode), and they put an end to all the annoying sparkling/flashing/pulsing/spinning Hint buttons, Journals, etc. The game was quite engaging all the way through, the map was useful, and the graphics were quite nice (they kept the basic ERS artistic "style") with widescreen finally well-supported. While there's still room to improve (e.g., annoying music) this CE was well worth the money. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK, ERS! I knew you could do it!

Yes, I noticed the letter. Vladimir - I just started the trial version but one thing I noticed is that in the dialog where it asks you to enter your name there is a Cancel button but it does not cancel the dialog when clicked (it does nothing). In essence, it forces you to enter a name to exit the window. If you're going to display a Cancel button then it should actually cancel the action/window/dialog.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator