Posts created by calisews

posted in 7 Wonders of the World on Nov 15, 08 4:49 PM
Has anyone else had problems with the cursor on this came?

posted in Tri-Peaks 2: Quest for the Ruby Ring on Nov 10, 08 1:21 PM
I love this game, but does anyone else have this problem? I play the game for a while, close out, then come back to find the game not working any longer. Tries to open, then just tells me there was an error and closes it all down. I have uninstalled and reinstalled a couple of times (a huge hassle as I made the mistake of purchasing a game for my daughter with it so to install it again I have to install both of the games)

It is still doing it, but have found out that about the third or fourth time of opening the game it then works fine.

posted in Jungle Quest on Nov 10, 08 1:16 PM
Is the changes made to the demo version as well? I didn't have a problem with the floating jewels, just was really slow to load from area to area of the game, did not respond to cursor clicks to do what I wanted. Had to click on "continue" several times before the game reacted.

I liked the game, what I got to play of it, intetresting match game, nice story, nice graphics. However, the slow response, the freeze ups, were just too frustrating to make me want to purchase it.

posted in Cradle of Rome on Nov 6, 08 8:22 PM
Okay, the tip is to go into the profiles file and change the number of lives you have. Can someone please help me find where to do this?

posted in Tri-Peaks 2: Quest for the Ruby Ring on Oct 18, 08 10:03 PM
Okay, I am loving this game, am glad I bought it.

With that said, I have to say that I think it is just wrong for the game to keep clicking the time while doing things that keep me from playing through. For instance, Allie is trapped over the fire, I get one of the pyramids cleared or two, then have to get a new hand. The clock keeps ticking while Tex gets killed on his chest quest and then wait for the new hand to be dealt. The clock should stop for the workings of the game, only keep ticking as long as I am playing out a hand.

Even though I love the game, I do get a little bored with the Tex quest at the top of the screen, the bonus game is just silly as well.

Can anyone tell me what is done with all the rubies, what the purpose of collecting them is?

In China, has any one else noticed that the statues faces all look a lot like George W. Bush?

posted in Governor of Poker on Oct 11, 08 1:13 PM
For someone that enjoys card games, poke in particular, this is a great game. The graphics are great as well.

posted in Jigsaw365 on Oct 11, 08 1:11 PM
I am absolutely in love with this game. I especially like the puzzle outline changes. For example, instead of solving a regular puzzle, you have the added chanllenge of putting it back together in the shape of a castle or such. For an extra challenge, you can make the pieces rotate as well. The ability to take your own graphic image and let the game turn it in to a puzzle is really cool as well.

posted in Jewel of Atlantis on Oct 11, 08 12:37 PM
I tried this game, don't think I will buy it, but it is a good game. Nice graphics as well.

posted in Cradle of Rome on Oct 11, 08 12:29 PM
I have tried the tip from Gamezebo, cannot find where to make those changes. I have tried several times.

posted in Escape the Museum on Oct 11, 08 12:04 PM
I kind of like this game. Has a good story, great graphics, and like that you have to solve things to end the session using items you find. Not really a huge fan of HO games, but may end up buying this one.

posted in Mystery Case Files: Ravenhearst ™ on Oct 11, 08 11:54 AM
I was trying this game out. My daughter came in while I was playing, informed me that if I wanted to play it she had the game, had gotten it for Christmas. Now I remember buying it at Best Buy last year, for a lot more than the great Big Fish price.

posted in Virtual Villagers: The Lost Children on Oct 11, 08 11:51 AM
I could not figure this one out. Was too much like SIM and I hate that one.

posted in Scrapbook Paige on Oct 11, 08 11:49 AM
This is a unique twist to the hidden object type game. My youngest loves this, she is 12. I found it kind of neat that are more than one of an item to find, giving you some fun really looking over thing. The graphics are great as well, things look so real.

I will probably end up buying this one.

posted in Amazing Adventures: Around the World on Oct 11, 08 11:39 AM
I ended up buying this game. Not sure exactly what it is about it, but I really like it. The flow of the play seems to be just the right balance for me. I would recommend this game.

posted in Mystery Chronicles: Murder Among Friends on Oct 11, 08 11:35 AM
I thought this game would get better as I went. It is a fun game, but it is now a bit boring as it is repitious in nature and taking too long to get the story line going. It is hard to get up with where the story is because it is broken up up so much with the sessions.

I may have made a mistake buying this one, but it won't be the first, won't be the last.

posted in Magic Encyclopedia on Oct 11, 08 11:25 AM
I tried this game and found it very confusing. I did not like having to go back and forth between places to get an item needed to complete the session in a different area. I will not buy this game.

posted in Enigma 7 on Oct 11, 08 11:09 AM
I just tried this game. I was not impressed. No computer problems, just really slow moving flow to the game. It was to me a little boring. Not a long enough session to enjoy sitting through the gates opening and shutting and moving from one session to the next.

posted in 4 Elements on Oct 11, 08 11:03 AM
Hi gang, I am one of the gamers having trouble with level 63. I just can't think ahead fast enough to get through it. I know that some say that it isn't a timer issue, but loosing the timer would sure help to go back through the boulders. LOL At any rate, here is my funny story.

My son (19) has been giving me no end of grief over recently becoming addicted to games, BG in particular. I told him that I had gotten to this level but cannot get any further. Explained the game and what probably would work, so smart alek that he is he decided to show me how. He couldn't do it either. Then he became determined to get through the level. A couple of days later, he had to spend some time hanging around the college library between some classes and study groups and asked me to get the game for him on his laptop. I see him playing it quite often.

posted in Green Valley: Fun on the Farm on Oct 11, 08 10:11 AM
I have not completely figured this game out yet, but after playing the trial version I had to buy it. It is a blast. One of those games you can just play to unwind. The twist that makes this match game different is that you have to get the fruit in the boxes. There is a certain order to it, just have not figured it out quite yet. That is the one negative aspect of this game, no instructions. Hopefully I will be able to find som tips somewhere. The graphics are cartoon type, a little to much dialog for my taste, but the positive side to that is you can't play the game with out a least a little smile and chuckle from time to time.

posted in Westward II: Heroes of the Frontier on Oct 4, 08 10:50 AM
I guess I am just getting it, but am very disappointed in the game. I seem to run out of wood sources to quickly, can't do anything with a homeless citizen to make them have a home, and spend all my time shooting the bandits at the mine over and over. I am not getting any enjoyment out of this game what so ever.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator