Posts created by mary69lyn

posted in Echoes of Sorrow II on Feb 10, 14 2:07 PM
I do not know what chapter I am in but it is fairly well along in the game.
The program says to fasten 2 broken ends of a large piece of cord together to in order to carry on. All I have in inventory are a roll of tape and a feather. Neither of these have helped at all. The forklift states that it is out of oil, but I haven't the foggiest idea where to get more oil ( yes, I have looked). Can anyone help me?

posted in Echoes of Sorrow II on Feb 10, 14 2:05 PM
I do not know what chapter I am in but it is fairly well along in the game.
The program says to fasten 2 broken ends of a large piece of cord together to in order to carry on. All I have in inventory are a roll of tape and a feather. Neither of these have helped at all. The forklift states that it is out of oil, but I haven't the foggiest idea where to get more oil ( yes, I have looked). Can anyone help me?

posted in Mystery Trackers: Four Aces Collector's Edition on May 28, 13 9:12 AM
I found out the next day that it is at the bunker.

posted in Mystery Trackers: Four Aces Collector's Edition on May 27, 13 9:44 AM
The hint button keeps telling me to get a code from a birds nest in the fallen tree, however, I cannot find this tree. Where is it located and how do I get there? Does anybody know?

posted in Dark Strokes: Sins of the Fathers Collector's Edition on Apr 28, 13 1:16 PM
Looks like I am stuck on a hidden object part--got all objects, found the paintbrush to paint the eye on the easel, tried dipping paintbrush into anything that looked like paint, but it will not accept paint on the eye--tried the other eye just in case but that doesn't work either. I wonder why, but of course that stops the game, so if anybody has a clue, please clue me in. Thanks, M.

posted in Fear for Sale: Sunnyvale Story on Apr 12, 13 9:31 AM
It is sometimes hard to remember, over the course of several days, where you left off in a game; however, the hint button keeps directing me back to the boat in the lake. I have found and fixed a mop and have bucket handles but no bucket. I do not have a pocketknife which the walkthrough says I need to cut through a net ( I don't see any net). The walkthrough also mentions putting in the oars and a red button but I don't have either of those to do so. The walkthrough also says to mop up a puddle but there are puddles everywhere--I have been searching but don't find the correct puddle.
Perhaps someone who is familiar with this game knows what I should go or do. If so, please respond. Thanks.

posted in Grim Facade: The Cost of Jealousy on Apr 5, 13 8:05 AM
I have been having no problems playing this game until now, and have been enjoying it.
I about finished fooling around at that train station when the screen said I should look elsewhere. I continued looking elsewhere until I found myself in a place where I cannot get out. If I use the hint button it just tells me that I'm done here, look somewhere else--then I look around from room to room in a building I am in, eventually arriving back at the room where the arrow doesn't appear to let me out. In other words, I'm running around in tight circles. This could be a technical issue or mistake of some kind--when that happens do you know what to do? I hate to uninstall and reinstall because I have really gone a long way with the game.

posted in Grim Facade: The Cost of Jealousy on Apr 3, 13 2:42 PM
I like this game too. It is easy to follow, gives dummies like me lots of hints, and I have less trouble with it than many games I have played. The game is having a positive response from me so far.

Thanks to you who put the time solution on here. I had trouble also---now having trouble finding something to put the concrete in to complete the bust--also can't find my way back to the musketeers to put their swords on. But at least I got the clock done!

posted in Otherworld: Omens of Summer Collector's Edition on Mar 11, 13 1:35 PM
This portion has no skip button and it looks like I have done it correctly. All of the rings appear correctly aligned, and I can see no inconsistencies, in fact it is pretty hard not to do it so that it looks right, and yet no funnel appears, so apparently something isn't correct----maybe in some other part of the puzzle there's something left undone?

posted in Grim Tales: The Stone Queen on Mar 7, 13 12:49 PM
Directions say to pick up a petal from where the Dragon used to stand in the square. I have forgotten the Dragon much less where it stood, and am unsure as to what square they mean --is it the one outside the Stone Palace?

posted in Grim Tales: The Stone Queen on Feb 24, 13 3:35 PM
I have reached a place in the game where I am told that there is "a diamond in an ore head in the old part of the city"
I don't know what they mean by the term ore head and I don't know if the old city refers to the village or the place with the stone palace, or the areas across the river. Since I don't know what an ore head is I cannot know what it looks like and don't have a clue as to where to start looking. Any help out there?

posted in Otherworld: Omens of Summer Collector's Edition on Feb 15, 13 9:55 AM
I notice that a lot of people are having trouble with this part.
Actually, I believe I have most of the pieces in place except for the crystal is still left in inventory. I have not been able to open the door with the keyhole above because I cannot fathom how to get the place open inside where the key is stored.. Whatever must be done isn't apparent, how can you do this?

Thanks, I fiured that out the next day when I saw the woodpecker in inventory.

There is a point in the game where a wagon wheel near a stagecoach is supposed to be fixed and one of the components to do this is a hammer. I have the rim, nails, and anything needed to do this but the wheel is supposed to he finished using a hammer. I haven't any hammer in inventory--I may have had a hammer some time ago but it must have been used by some other project, if I did.
I really cannot find the hammer, so where is it?---- I notice a box of crates nearby that mentions"The hammer is too far to reach" but I have nothing to reach it with and cannot see a hammer anyplace--there is a crate nearby with bugs crawling around and the directions say "I see a hammer, but cannot reach it". I also have some sort of bug interaction thing I collected, but that doesn't get rid of the bugs.
Do you have a solution for this?

I cannot seem to find anything that looks like a cabinet in the Grand Foyer--it is supposed to have fuses in it. There seems to be a half finished portrait there, but I don't think it is the cabinet at all and I don't know how to get it open anyway.

posted in Sable Maze: Sullivan River Collector's Edition on Oct 15, 12 11:53 AM
I think this is chapter 5. There is a picture that the player is supposed to inlay with figurines and apples which I have found all except for the last apple. For some reason when I played an earlier HOS, the mummy did not go into inventory or else I never found it--anyway, it seems shut down and I was supposed to collect an ant farm to use on the termites to get the apple--unfortunately, the hint button keeps sending me back to the picture in question and never guides me to any area where I can get that ant farm ( I already fixed the piano earlier. So I seem to be stuck and cannot go further. How to help?

posted in The Dreamatorium of Dr. Magnus on Sep 22, 12 7:05 AM
At this point I have placed a black or purple rose next to the dead body in the graveyard, and I have a top hat, trophy, watering can and a few other things in inventory but nothing helps me find whatever the hint button keeps pointing to in that red rose bush. It seems that there must be something I'm supposed to do with the rose bush since the cursor never tells me to look somewhere else, and actually I think the interface doesn't allow me to stray far from that area. Any cclues or assistance would be greatly appreciated!

There is a place in the game where you use toenail clippers to strip specified wires, after which they are to be patched with foil wrappers.
I stripped the wires but I need 2 wrappers and only have one---I have gone back to where the guide says the wrappers are and cannot seem to find any more. Hope this doesn't finish me off!

Found it.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator