Posts created by STL531

posted in Aveyond: Gates of Night on Aug 9, 09 6:06 PM
I think you must have tried witcheye root (which is for curses and does not work on plague), but to double check I tried it in the game and marsh tea (for poisons) did work on plague.

posted in Aveyond: Gates of Night on Aug 9, 09 3:38 PM
She's in the hut that's in front of you when you cross the first bridge in Faiara (it's to the left of the bridge on the screen, but would be "in front of" your lead character as they cross the bridge).

posted in Aveyond: Gates of Night on Aug 9, 09 3:34 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think marsh tea also works to cure plague (and it's cheaper than elixir and thus better if you haven't lost too many HP).

posted in Aveyond: Gates of Night on Aug 9, 09 3:31 PM
Another way to see the multiple endings without having to play the whole game through again is to wait until right before going to Aveyond to use the attraction points. Stop after giving three attraction points to Mel--that is the two from the first game (in Gheledon and Stormbend) plus the Halloween candy in Witchwood (important to do right away as it is time sensitive). Don't get the last four attraction points (in Tar Vedron, Venwood, Faiara, and Naylith) until right before going to Aveyond, and make sure to save your game in a slot that you won't rewrite so you can start from there to get the different endings.

From that spot you can (relatively) quickly go collect those last four points for either Mel (she needs a total of 7) or Stella (who needs only 4), head to Thais, and propose. As Lydia needs no attraction points, you can just go to Thais and propose at that point. Or if you want to see the fourth ending, just go to Aveyond without proposing to anyone.

While you still have to go through Aveyond and fight the vampires and Gyendal to finish the game, it takes way less time to do it this way than to play through the whole game again, especially if you aren't using goodie caves.

I did this after playing through thinking Edward would marry Mel with 7 attraction points not realizing that he had to propose, too. As much as I love Aveyond, I really didn't want to have to play the whole game that many more times to see the different endings.

posted in Aveyond: Gates of Night on Aug 4, 09 6:31 PM
Oh okay so I guess I didn't miss a quest or anything... I got the winged shoes when I defeated the ogre.

posted in Aveyond: Gates of Night on Aug 4, 09 2:22 PM
I would also like to know where these are... any hints?

posted in Aveyond: Gates of Night on Aug 1, 09 9:17 AM
The cave is sort of south... you have to cross an ice creek thing and go down some stairs I think. If you look at the maps on Amaranth Games' website (you have to look at the forum for Lord of Twilight for the maps) it is labeled as cave 1.

posted in Aveyond: Gates of Night on Aug 1, 09 8:58 AM
I've found three of the four... ack... I'm pretty sure the one I am missing is from the "foreign land," but there are several of those. Any more hints?

posted in Aveyond: Gates of Night on Jul 31, 09 10:00 PM
Mel mentions something about prisons having secret passageways... something like that would be in the wall, so walk around and hit the spacebar/click near the walls and see what happens.

posted in Aveyond: Gates of Night on Jul 31, 09 9:42 PM
You have to use the canoe, which is on the eastern edge of that river thing (it's the second "stop" that the canoe will make).

posted in Aveyond: Gates of Night on Jul 31, 09 9:38 PM
Okay I think I might have made a big mistake... I have gone to the memory caves and saved right before facing Gyencal. I tried to beat him several times and I don't think I'm even close... I decided I probably should get more supplies to deal with curses and healing (since I discovered Stella isn't going to be helping...), but I'm apparently not allowed to go back to town anymore. I've also tried wandering around to level up, but I'm worried that's going to take forever. Any suggetions or hints about beating him without having to go back a ways in the game?

posted in Aveyond: Gates of Night on Jul 31, 09 3:04 PM
Great, thanks! On to Naylith...

posted in Aveyond: Gates of Night on Jul 31, 09 2:58 PM
When I opened GoN and went to "Load Game," I found the games I had saved at the end of LoT.

posted in Aveyond: Gates of Night on Jul 31, 09 2:55 PM
I'm not sure if going to Naylith is the end game. I still have some quests that I haven't completed because I haven't found various objects (sapphire, butterfly wings, and death certificate). Does anyone know if I should be trying to complete these other tasks first (and if so, where is that stuff)?

posted in Aveyond: Gates of Night on Jul 31, 09 2:53 PM
Are you standing next to it/in front of it or on top of it? (You have to be on top of it for it to work.)

posted in Aveyond: Gates of Night on Jul 31, 09 2:50 PM
Nothing that I can tell... when you have a book equipped as a shield for Lydia, she should be learning a new spell every time (or maybe every few times--I'm not sure if it's different for the various difficulty levels) she gains a level.

posted in Aveyond: Gates of Night on Jul 31, 09 2:49 PM
She asks you to look under the nose of a noble person... if you've looked around the city you've found a king (of sorts), so maybe you should check him out again...

posted in Nancy Drew: Ransom of the Seven Ships on Jul 23, 09 1:25 PM
Also, make sure that when you find a hot spot and want to right click to dig it up that there is a hand icon where you right click (I'm pretty sure on this--it's certainly true when you're digging in the sand area). And no matter whether the hot spot is the one with the chest or is just rubbish, when you click to dig it should show you what has been dug up (be it a tin can or wheel or whatnot), which lets you know that you are at least doing the digging correctly.

posted in Nancy Drew: Ransom of the Seven Ships on Jul 21, 09 2:23 PM
Is that for sure the game to play for the prize? It might be that you have to win one of the other games... as I recall, when I played there was something I needed that was only in the prize basket after winning the board game.

posted in Nancy Drew: Ransom of the Seven Ships on Jul 15, 09 7:20 PM
I was too impatient and downloaded it from the Her Interactive website... I was also wondering if it would even show up on Big Fish what with the new pricing structure.

Anyway, if and when it does, I think it's a great game. I agree with the others who have said that it is more puzzle-centric (waaaaay less dialogue), and that some of the puzzles are pretty tricky. I really enjoyed this one and only had a couple spots where I needed an in-game hint and only one where I needed to look at a walkthrough (which for me is much less than normal). I also felt like the game-play time on this one was longer than some other ND games that I have played. I'd probably put it in my top three favorite ND games!

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator