Posts created by MarkAlan

posted in The Stroke of Midnight on Jan 21, 11 2:54 AM
The 3-D movement is reminiscent of "The 7th Guest" which also featured a haunted mansion. It's well executed here and immerses the player right into the game.
This might be the next step in the evolution of Hidden Object games. Last year they adapted themselves to the adventure genre. Perhaps this year we can look forward to peering around corners.

Just finished this A + title and it was exceptional. Even the bonus game was well done. Awesome artwork, spooky story, and clever adventure puzzles. Looking forward to the "Bronze Horseman".

posted in Pengu Wars on Dec 13, 10 2:56 PM
darkdisciple1313 wrote:As for not understanding the popularity of Angry Birds....somehow the botched brain transplants from Jersey Shore are enormously popular, and I can't figure out that particular phenomenon either, so there ya go. It takes all kinds.

So True.

posted in Pengu Wars on Dec 13, 10 6:47 AM
"Pengu Wars" is a copy of the popular mobile game "Angry Birds" by Rovio which involves catapulting birds at elaborate fortresses constructed by pigs.
"Angry Birds," has been the # 1 game on the iTunes Store for quite awhile now.
I personally don't like it or comprehend it's popularity.

posted in Mole Control on Sep 25, 10 5:56 PM
I have re-downloaded the game and it still crashes right after the first level. This game has been around a long time on the Internet. You would think the developers would have gotten rid of these show-stopping bugs by now.

posted in Brrrmuda Triangle on Sep 20, 10 3:34 AM
The reason the desktop icons are constantly messed up is because the game switches to a lower resolution each time you launch it. Unfortunately the Window setting for this game is not saved when you start the game again.
I don't see how this one slipped by Big Fish Games QA department.

posted in Brrrmuda Triangle on Sep 19, 10 9:05 AM
I did not experience any problems playing the game. I finished the tutorial and unlocked the lagoon area. It's not my type of game, but I'm happy that the developer tried something different for a change. In a sea of HOG's & TM's it's difficult to find a place to belong when you are unique. It's easy to be critical when something new and different comes along. This also applies to people who don't conform to a particular group.

posted in Love Ahoy on Sep 12, 10 9:23 AM
I don't think this is a time management game at all. It's a memory game which uses people instead of cards to make matches. The cruise idea is a nice touch, but the game mechanics are non-existent. Another "no-buy" for me too.

posted in Drawn: Dark Flight ® Collector's Edition on Sep 1, 10 9:44 PM
[removed by moderator]

posted in The Lost Kingdom Prophecy on Jul 26, 10 2:14 AM
Guess I'm the only one that liked this game.
True, it should be categorized under "Match 3", but the opening fragmented hidden object puzzle was somewhat of a challenge for me. After 12 levels of Match 3, you are rewarded with another hidden object scene. The game is relaxing and has many customization options. The lilting music was somewhat familiar but too repetitious. Though I did enjoy the first few rounds. The graphics are well done, though I did not care for the story. They're beginning to all sound the same. If you enjoy Match 3 games, this one is nicely done, though there's nothing really new here. Good for a $ 2.99 special.

posted in Midnight Mysteries: Salem Witch Trials on Jul 13, 10 12:45 AM
This game is marked "Exclusive" and yet it has been released on two other major game sites. Also, the link for this game has been removed from the "New Releases" page.

posted in Be a King 2 on Jun 27, 10 12:52 PM
step54 wrote:Did I like the 1st one?

Same here. I do not understand why developers make sequels to inferior games.
The animated skulls looked atrocious. Very, very poorly made, like it's predecessor.

posted in Deep Blue Sea 2 on Jun 4, 10 8:03 PM
I selected Dodge, and began a new dive, my game went to a "Pause" screen after a few seconds. I had to press the Escape key and then select Resume to continue the game. I switched back to Melissa and the problem happened again.

posted in Sally's Studio Collector's Edition on May 14, 10 7:14 PM
I thought "Sally's Salon" was a much better game. It had better artwork, music, and features like the ability to purchase products between levels.
There is nothing new here, and definitely doesn't warrant a Collector's Edition.

posted in Art of Murder: Hunt for the Puppeteer on Apr 14, 10 5:45 PM
Has anyone noticed that all these Large File Games are older titles that have been previously released in the stores?

posted in Royal Envoy Collector's Edition on Apr 8, 10 8:55 PM
Thank you for the info, GoveGirl. Sounds like you've already finished the game!

posted in Royal Envoy Collector's Edition on Apr 8, 10 2:08 PM
Does anyone know if you have to get an expert score on each level to unlock the 30 bonus levels, or just complete them?

posted in I SPY Mystery on Apr 6, 10 6:56 AM
Staril wrote:I always loved these games but this one is sooo pixellated that it is unplayable
And do you know why this is pixelated? This game was released four years ago in 2006, just like yesterday's game "Atlantis Evolution". Looks like there's a shortage of new games available right now.

posted in Captain Space Bunny on Apr 6, 10 6:46 AM
I played this game to level 4.1 on another website yesterday and did not encounter any problems with the text or translation. They must be using a newer version on u-Lose.

posted in Captain Space Bunny on Apr 5, 10 3:32 PM
I did try running the game in a resolution higher than 1024 x 768 and it fixed both problems.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator