Posts created by Bink_In_AK

posted in Nightfall Mysteries: Asylum Conspiracy on Jul 29, 10 8:13 AM
Reviews appear overwhelmingly positive.

I need a new game like I need a hole in the head but I took a chance and bought it anyway, based solely upon the forum feedback. I think I am addicted to IHOGs!

This is the first time I have purchased without trying the demo first; I was not disappointed.

Thanks for the reviews.

posted in The Mysterious Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde on Jul 28, 10 5:09 PM
Reviews appear overwhelmingly negative.

Thanks reviewers...

I won't bother unless I read "We were all wrong! It's great!"

The "Comments and Reviews" is the first place I go after I DL the Demo. Can't thank you enough!

posted in The Fall Trilogy: Chapter 1 on Jul 1, 10 11:17 AM
This advice might be too late for those that already deleted the demo but...

Try turning off all mouse pointer options like cursor shadow, pointer trails, custom cursors, (use Normal Select) Snap To, etc. This simple step has fixed all my BFG cursor problems.

posted in The Fall Trilogy: Chapter 1 on Jul 1, 10 11:15 AM
This advice might be too late for those that already deleted the demo but...

Try turning off all mouse pointer options like cursor shadow, pointer trails, custom cursors, (use Normal Select) Snap To, etc. This simple step has fixed all my BFG cursor problems.

posted in Romancing the Seven Wonders: Great Pyramids on Jul 1, 10 8:51 AM
Reviews appear overwhelmingly negative.

Thanks reviewers... I won't bother unless I read "We were all wrong! It's great!"

posted in Explorer: Contraband Mystery on Jul 1, 10 8:31 AM
Oh well... Not for me.

posted in Lost Lagoon: The Trail of Destiny on Jun 30, 10 2:29 PM
This game has technical potential. The balloon bursts when you realize there is little relationship between the story, if there is an intelligible story line, -I couldn't wait that long, maybe it fills out later- and the garbage pile of random objects that didn't fit the milieu.

The graphics and mechanics worked but the music was so unimpressive that I don't even remember whether I liked it or not. Some would say "that's a good thing."

Alas, came close, but no banana...

posted in Fiction Fixers - Adventures in Wonderland on Jun 11, 10 3:12 PM

A nice game for children, too simplistic for my taste.

Some history concerning Fiction Fixers: Alice in Wonderland...

Cursor Consternation!

I deleted the Fiction Fixers: Alice in Wonderland trial after about three minutes because the cursor was invisible in full screen mode, of course I could click objects, I just couldn't see what I was pointing at.

The Fix!

I turned off all mouse pointer options like cursor shadow, pointer trails, custom cursors, (use Normal Select) Snap To, etc.

I re-downloaded Fiction Fixers and much to my amazement, the cursors re-appeared in Full Screen mode. I have tested some other Cursor Consternation! BF games with great success (more, as I recall the titles of the naughty ones.)

It looks like this fixed the cursor issue, at least for me. Who would of thought something so basic to Windows would cause all this consternation?

Invisible or Flickering Mouse Pointer problems fix...

I see the problem of "disappearing cursors" in the forums quite frequently and I have been plagued with the problem myself. I thought I would send this information to tech support so I don't have to make an entry in the individual forums. But I have not heard from Tech Support, yea or nay. So I guess when I see the issue arise, I'll post this:

While browsing for another issue I came across a forum thread about "Flickering Mouse Pointer" curious, I read the thread. The gist was someone was attempting to play a computer game like Halo etc. and having trouble with his cursor. He said he could select things but he was blind because he couldn't see the mouse cursor. One of the replies suggested he turn off all mouse pointer options like cursor shadow, pointer trails, custom cursors, (use Normal Select) Snap To, etc.

I did as suggested and re-downloaded some trials that I had deleted because I couldn't see the cursor in Full Screen mode. I refuse to pay for a game that I have to run in a windowed mode because the cursor is messed up.

Much to my amazement, the cursors re-appeared in Full Screen mode. I have only tested a few BF games (more, as I recall the titles of the naughty ones) but it looks very promising.

posted in Faded Reality on Jun 8, 10 7:22 PM
meisie99 wrote:The number one reason I post in comments and reviews is for myself. I enter my opinion of the game so that I know in future if it's a game I want to buy or not.

I like that. I usually don't have much to say but I like the idea of leaving a note so I don't revisit a game that I didn't like.

Thanks, Meisie99...

posted in Faded Reality on Jun 8, 10 7:17 PM
Too bad the developers put "auto-hints." I really enjoyed playing until objects were "sparkle surrounded," for lack of a better description. If I wanted help I would have clicked the "Hint" button.

Alas, because of this fatal flaw I will not be purchasing this one...

posted in Fiction Fixers - Adventures in Wonderland on May 7, 10 12:19 PM
Alas, I was forced to run FF in windowed mode or I couldn't see either of the cursors. I could see the magnifying glass just fine though. Go figure.

Too bad because the graphics I looked at, though few, looked pretty good.

posted in Haunted Manor: Lord of Mirrors on May 5, 10 12:00 PM
Please don't put spoilers in the Comments and Reviews thread. There are more appropriate places to ask for and receive help.

posted in The White House on Feb 18, 10 8:34 PM
I miss the Comments and Reviewsthreads.

What happened?

posted in Where's Waldo: The Fantastic Journey on Dec 20, 09 9:07 PM
I loved the Where's Waldo books. I still drag them out occasionally. After a few years its like starting over. Maybe I'm just getting older. At least I can look forward to re-reading the Where's Waldo books afresh more frequently the older I get.

I downloaded this game with high hopes that it would give me a similar enjoyable experience. Alas, it was not to be.

Firstly, I don't enjoy timed games of any kind.
Second, I like to find objects on my own. Where's Waldo: The Fantastic Journey started to sparkle illuminate around the scroll very shortly after I began looking for it. It is hard to enjoy the search if the game shows you where the object is. Ya think?

I would buy this if it didn't have what I consider to be major flaws that don't continue the Where's Waldo tradition started in the books.

N. B. The Sea Anemone has an almost obscene caharacter about it.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator