Posts created by BossBrat

posted in Adventures of Robinson Crusoe on Jan 26, 09 11:59 AM
Thanks for responding so quickly! That's why we love you guys so much.

posted in Adventures of Robinson Crusoe on Jan 25, 09 7:13 PM
I am having the same problem - black screen - after playing the demo, buying the game and playing for a while. Then, when I went back to play again, black screen. Tried everything and nothing works to fix it. Hope BF comes up with a solution before long, even though it's not their fault. Do we depend on them too much, lol?

posted in Adventures of Robinson Crusoe on Jan 25, 09 7:11 PM
I'm not sure what's causing it, but I'm suddenly having the same problem. I played the demo with no problem, bought the game and played for a while. Then, when I went back to play it again, guess what - black screen! This is sooooo frustrating. I am so tired of games that won't play, stop working or give you error messages.

posted in My Tribe on Jan 19, 09 11:39 PM
I've had babies a few times without telling my little people to 'call the stork'. It's a nice surprise.

posted in My Tribe on Jan 19, 09 11:38 PM
Yea, and if you don't have any babies, you can either feed them or put them to bed, lol.

posted in My Tribe on Jan 5, 09 1:21 PM
I think all the suggestions are great - especially being able to see 'through' things to look for headstones when someone dies. How horrible for people to not know you're dead, lol.

I would also like for the company who makes this game to make sure there aren't so many glitches when they release it to the public. Even after BF released a 'fix' for the game, I still have a lot of glitches in my game. The developer really needs to pay more attention - what good are new things if they don't have the 'old' one fixed right?

Happy day everyone!

posted in My Tribe on Jan 3, 09 10:06 PM
As of 1/4 I still have glitches in my game, even after a clean uninstall/install. I used a potion on 1 of my villagers and the entire tribe fell asleep and I had to put them all in the huts and let them sleep it off. On another occasion, a potion caused everyone to freeze for about 10 minutes and then they went about their business. If you choose to reset the trophies in the trophy room, you might as well forget about getting them all again, because all the mysteries still show they are completed and you can't redo them. Same thing for the science points/levels. I feel completely cheated now, since all I need was the '969' year old villager and decided to redo the other trophies while I was waiting for this to happen. The people who make these games should really make sure that there aren't a bunch of glitches in a game before they release it for purchase.

Oh, I do use McAfee, but did the install/install AFTER they fixed the mess they made.

posted in Haunted Hotel II: Believe the Lies on Jan 3, 09 8:27 AM
It would be great if Big Fish would start telling us how many levels a game has or an estimate at the amount of time it takes to play a game. That would save us from buying a game we've played for an hour and then beating it 30 minutes later.

I'm downloading HH2 now, but I doubt I'll buy it since it seems to be a very short game - which I HATE.

Happy New Year everyone!

posted in My Tribe on Jan 3, 09 8:23 AM
I've noticed a couple of times that my little people procreate without my help. Go figure, lol.

posted in My Tribe on Jan 3, 09 8:21 AM
You'd think they'd at least take food, wouldn't you? Guess they eat it all during the trip, lol. There are so many little glitches in the game that I threaten to quit playing - but don't. Have fun with your 'little people' and don't forget to feed them!

posted in Virtual Villagers: The Secret City on Jan 2, 09 9:49 PM
You can take your chief to the food pile every 24 real-time hours and he/she will make magic food. You DO NOT have to pause the game for this to work. It will work if you leave your game running.

happy new year

posted in My Tribe on Jan 2, 09 9:47 PM
That's one way to get it done -

Happy New Year!

posted in My Tribe on Jan 2, 09 9:45 PM
I had all of my trophies except keeping a villager alive for 969 years, so I thought I'd reset the trophies and get them all again while I was waiting for the villager to 'age' some more. Well, that was a HUGE mistake!

Some of the trophies you can get again, some you can't. For example, I had no problem getting the easiest trophies like 50 in a tribe or building a building. However, when it comes to the mysteries, I realized I shouldn't have reset the trophies because the mysteries don't reset. For example, the mysteries with the star and the moon show they are solved. I went ahead and tried to do them again, but just got a note saying they had already been solved. You'll find the same problem when it comes to science points. You can't redo the 3 levels again - so you can't fill that trophy either.

Just wanted to let everyone know this in case you are thinking of resetting your trophy room - DON'T DO IT!!!

Happy New Year!

posted in My Tribe on Dec 30, 08 5:02 PM
Put a person who is legendary (maxed out) on the rock. After that, put a person who is legendary in science (maxed out) on the rock. That solves the puzzle.

posted in My Tribe on Dec 30, 08 5:01 PM
The most you can get is 51, but only if you have twins when you have 49 people. So make sure you always have people who are young enough to have children.

The flower puzzle is not that hard. The outer ring only has two colors. An example would be yellow and white. If there is a space between 2 yellow rings, you need to plant a white flower from the build menu (the flower patch). The others have 3 flowers. Red, yellow and blue for example. If you have yellow, blue and a missing flower, you need to plant a red one. Do that for the entire ring and have someone rake the flowers. If you see that you made a mistake, just use the erase button to erase it and put in another flower.

Hope that helps.

posted in My Tribe on Dec 30, 08 4:08 PM
I had to reinstall my game after the virus mess with McAfee and did NOT lose my game that was in progress. If you are using McAfee, make sure that you have all their updates. You should also go to the Microsoft update page and make sure all your 'stuff' is up to date. Then, if you aren't using McAfee, make sure your game is on the white list - programs that are always accepted. That's about all I can think of right now, but this game is loaded with glitches. They should have taken more time to fix it before releasing it to the public.

posted in My Tribe on Dec 30, 08 4:04 PM
Sounds like another glitch to me. This game is full of them. Just make sure you have trees and rocks checked, though, or the people can't chop wood or gather rocks. I've never had this problem, but I'm not surprised with this game.

posted in My Tribe on Dec 30, 08 4:02 PM
I used the potion to make it rain and all my people fell asleep where they stood! It took a while, but I finally figured out that to wake them I had to put them in the hut to 'sleep it off', so to speak. Then, when I used a potion to raise one of my people's physical strength, the entire tribe froze in place. Finally, after several minutes, they started moving again. It didn't say they were sleeping or what was wrong with them, they just stood there!

Has anyone else had these problems? I just wondered if they were glitches in the game or if they were supposed to happen. And, gee, getting the crates to give me lodestone is more difficult than pulling teeth with a rubber band! What a bummer, lol.

I've had over 1000 food disappear in 10 minutes, which I'm sure is a glitch. I wish they'd come out with a patch to fix these aggrivating events. I have the updated version already, so these are things not addressed in the earlier patch. These companies should really make sure their games aren't full of glitches like this before they release them!

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!

posted in My Tribe on Dec 18, 08 2:46 PM
My tribe doesn't take as much of your 'real' time as VV does. There ARE some things I like better about My Tribe, though.
1. People actually go in the huts and sleep, closing the door behind them.
2. A couple who is going to have a baby goes in the hut, closes the door and comes out with an infant, who can already toddle around. They are so cute! No standing around for 2 years (4 hours), holding a baby, like women can't do two things at once, lol.
3. You choose where to build your huts, science lab, etc.
4. You can actually cut down trees and bust rocks. You can fish without having to get to a higher level like you do in VV.
5. Your people have 'real' names, not the mumbo jumbo names in VV. And, if you wish, you can change their names.
6. You can build an 'ark' and explore other islands.

Hope this helps a bit when deciding if you want to buy the game or not.

posted in Floating Kingdoms ™ on Dec 18, 08 12:34 PM
You can avoid pirates most of the time if you 'hurry' from one job to the next. Keep an eye on what you need to do next. For example, if you are building a windmill and know you need wood, click on it quickly and before you exit that, decide what has to be done next. I have only had to deal with pirates 2 or 3 times during the entire game. The game is cute, but not very long and certainly not challenging for an adult.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator