Posts created by jillaroogirl

posted in Midnight Mysteries: Salem Witch Trials on Jun 12, 10 10:26 PM
After 15 mins of play, I'm buying! What an intriguing, interesting, clever game. Excellent graphics and enough mix of hidden objects and challenges to keep it interesting.

posted in World Mosaics 3 - Fairy Tales on Jun 12, 10 10:05 PM
Not a fan of this one. I'm a sucker for pretty things and I was disappointed by the tiles. I guess you either like these games or you don't.

posted in Robinson Crusoe and the Cursed Pirates on Jun 12, 10 9:41 PM
I am really enjoying this game so much I bought it. I like the different scenarios and the mini games are nicely mixed. To win the item it 'blue' can be quite challenging, some of which I had to skip. The graphics are fantastic as well.

The only thing I'm not a fan of is the bottle potion thing - what's the point?

posted in Explorer: Contraband Mystery on Jun 12, 10 9:35 PM
I too was not a fan of this game. I found the objects too hard to find and the story line boring. It's a pity as the focus of the game (i.e. the story and teachings) could have been a lot better done.

posted in Jewel Charm on Jun 12, 10 4:46 PM
This is a good game for those wanting something a little different. I usually buy IHOGs and so this game is nice and glittery for something different. Not sure whether I will buy it though, will depend on whether the options increase or add to the game play.

posted in Faded Reality on Jun 12, 10 4:42 PM
For me, this game was a bit of a disappoinment. I was really looking forward to it from the pictue of the game and thought it was going to be just as good. I found the music annoying and the objects hard to find. If a game doesn't grip me immediately, I will stop as there are soooo many good games out there.

posted in Dale Hardshovel and The Bloomstone Mystery on May 7, 10 3:32 PM
No buy for me - found the music and the game play annoying.

posted in Eternity on May 7, 10 3:20 AM
I did not like this game at all (guess you can't please everyone). I like IHOGS, but found the music annoying and the objects really hard to find. Stopped after 10 mins of play.

posted in Fiction Fixers - Adventures in Wonderland on May 7, 10 3:15 AM
I liked this game. not sure whether I will purchase it or not. It's not a difficult game, there seems to be plenty to do. The only irritating thing is the voiceovers, especially Alice's, but at least you can skip the dialogue which makes it more acceptable.

posted in Magic Encyclopedia: Illusions on May 6, 10 3:41 AM
I couldn't stand this game! I found it irritating beyond belief. The music was annoying, the objects too easy...definitely not a game for me.

posted in Barnyard Sherlock Hooves on Apr 30, 10 2:58 PM
Bugger! Had I known it was only that search area, I would never have used a credit! Why oh why, didn't I come in here first?

posted in Deadtime Stories on Apr 30, 10 1:52 AM
I haven't had any trouble with the game, because I can't download the demo! I first get a warning about the certificate, ignore that message and then get another error message saying the file has a virus!

posted in Heartwild Solitaire: Book Two on Apr 11, 10 12:25 AM
Tried this game, but lost interest after 15 mins of playing. I think they could have had the bonus things a bit more exciting. Still the best solitary game would have to be Fairy Solitare.

posted in I SPY Mystery on Apr 11, 10 12:21 AM
I think the littlies will enjoy this game. Definitely not this 'big' kid.

The voice was annoying, the objects often difficult to locate, the music so-so. However, I'm not 5 years old, so I'm not sure if they will think it's good.

posted in Mind's Eye: Secrets of the Forgotten on Apr 11, 10 12:14 AM
Not a fan of this one; didn't like the panning process (although can understand why offered by the developers as something different), to me it just annoyed me. The objects were a bit on the small side and a little hard to see.

Just tried this game and although cute with a humours storyline, I will not be buying it. After 15 mins of play it was 'doing my head in'. For those who want something a little different, this game is for you.

posted in Atlantis Evolution on Apr 4, 10 6:25 PM
Boy am I glad BF has this review section...I wouldn't know an old game if it hit me in the eye! (Unless of course it was pacman or anything from the eighties.)

After being burnt on a few games that didn't allow a demo, I'm reluctant to purchase a game especially when they're aren't raving reviews.

Thanks for your opinions fishes, saved this little starfish from buying the wrong game!

Sorry, found this game really boring. No challenge and the same thing over and over. No buy for me.

posted in Penny Dreadfuls™ Sweeney Todd on Apr 1, 10 12:49 AM
I must be in the minority with this game. I tried it, stopped it, tried it again for a bit longer and uninstalled it. I found a lot of the objects really hard to find and in the end would just click everywhere to get through. I thought the voiceover was pretty funny and the music unobtrusive...but not a game for me.

posted in Haunted Manor: Lord of Mirrors Collector's Edition on Mar 31, 10 4:37 AM
Into 20 mins of the demo and am enjoying it. A good mix of puzzles, some which require you to think. A little 'scary' for me with the ghostly images and things that come out of the mirrors...but still has me intrigued. I won't spend $20 on it, but will wait for it to be released at the normal price.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator