Posts created by pgillenw

posted in Twisted: A Haunted Carol on Dec 20, 10 10:36 PM
A wonderful twist on a classic. A very delightful game for both the adult child and kids. The graphics were great. The game had a few nits but all and all it allowed a quick play. Hidden objects are easily found thus a kid would not struggle.

Highly recommend for a fast play this Holiday Season. Happy Holidays fellow HOG gamers. May you have a happy, safe and prosperous New Year.

posted in Hidden Mysteries: Salem Secrets on Dec 18, 10 9:18 PM
A challenging game however an entertaining one for a HOG lover. It is a lengthy game and a once in a while peak at the walkthrough may be helpful. The game tasks are not always intuitive to solve. The finale was not exciting.

I have an older laptop running an "old as dirt" OS and I found the areas, such as the waterfall, slowed my system dramatically. It seemed to help to turn the SoundFX to the lowest point (the SoundFX slider in the Options all the way to the left).

All in all this is a great game affording the gamer hours of entertainment and challenge.

posted in Empress of the Deep: The Darkest Secret on Dec 16, 10 12:25 PM
Gamers owning older hardware running an out dated OS may experience challenges playing this game. My hardware and OS is quite ancient and the game had difficulty in resource management. This is probably due to both an older system and as well programming shortfalls. I did have to restart my system periodically as the game became ever more sluggish. The slow response to mouse click while attacking the mini games was frustrating and the frustration was alleviated by a restart.

With that said the game was creative. The graphics of each location were excellent. I loved the good vs. evil pitting one good sister against evil one. I was amused at the whine of the unstable sister near the end of the game, "Our parents liked you better!", I am sure that many can relate.

TIP: Do not dismay if you have collected all the plungers and the door at the War Vault will not open. You must 1) enter the computer code at the Science Vault and then 2) Mouse click the plungers back at the War Vault in a specific order and note there are click-able plungers both on the left and right.

I hope you enjoy the game, I know I did. Looking forward to the sequel. I should by then have a new laptop running Windows 7.

posted in Empress of the Deep: The Darkest Secret on Dec 15, 10 8:32 PM
Sylve wrote:I have created the correct shape on the "war" door but it will not open. I have repeated the correct plungers but still nothing. How do I get past it?

I have run into the same issue. Frustrating to have come so far and be turned away from the door.

I wonder if there is another trigger, perhaps an action, that the game expects to have occurred. I WANT TO complete this game.

posted in Escape Rosecliff Island on Jul 18, 10 12:01 PM
For what this is worth, another possible way to start the boat.

I set the dials according to arrow symbols (as well as what you folks have posted)
unclear if this helped but since I had set the dials I will assume they should be set.

Then I subtracted 337-9. Given the new number 328. I flipped the toggles

3 times for 1st
2 times for 2nd
8 times for 3rd

now what I can't remember is if I started toggle'ing top to bottom or bottom to top. I think it was bottom up.

Reminder that each game is different so try all the suggestions.I also wonder, without proof, if the number of times you exit or run out-of-time and then go threw the pain of repairing the boat plus some combination of things you are rewarded with the boat starting. It remains a mystery.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator