Posts created by nontechiegrannie

posted in Fear for Sale: Phantom Tide Collector's Edition on Apr 3, 14 7:49 PM
Based on Demo. Another game with undeserved 4/5 Star rating. When do the rose colored glasses come off & games are seen for what they really are? Also, I find retelling the story in the review REDUNDANT. I just read the synopsis that BF provides as that is all that is needed. The rest you find out when you play the game.

Same old, same old rehashed story line. I didn't find this game scary at all just boring.

Horrendous, itsy, bitsy, tween, weeny (no yellow polka dot bikini) junk pile to sort through. I prefer HOG so I don't do puzzles or Match 3. (I still have figured out the purpose for this childish game).

The graphics/characters/vo were actually not to bad. The music was not much of anything. Didn't seem to enhance a "scary" story.

The hint filled nicely & I actually liked the map!

The collectibles were a little annoying as there was no rhyme/reason to them. I like to click randomly every so often as I find things strictly through PDL. (pure dumb luck)

It just another game like so many others that have been coming out lately. I wish the devs could come up with some new, ORIGINAL ideas & stop relying on rehashing games over & over & over etc.

posted in Danse Macabre: The Last Adagio on Mar 21, 14 9:21 AM
Here we go again with over the moon ratings for a mediocre, rehashed game at best!!! I just don't understand how this game deserved these ratings.

Same old kidnapped mortal with ghost intervention story. Excuse me while I yawn.

Color/graphics are good but the characters & their mouth movements are quite odd.

Same old itsy, bitsy, teeny, weeny junk pile HOG's. Nothing new/exciting with the mini games. I found one collectable quite by accident. There doesn't seem to be a rhyme/reason to them.

Scenes moved very slowly & the map could have been better.

The devs need to take the "Pix" out of their "Ei" to see more clearly & develop new games & just not reconfigure old ones that have already been played to death.

Give the demo a whirl. Who knows it just might float YOUR boat!

posted in Dark Dimensions: Somber Song Collector's Edition on Mar 14, 14 3:23 PM
The constant 5 star ratings for mediocre, trite, same old, same old games with awful graphics/colors, cartoon characters & so so music/sound effects is becoming most annoying & frustrating.
There is nothing eerie/spooky/exceptional or haunting about this game. I found myself bored & yawning after only a short time of playing this game.
There was the usual jump map & the HOG's were interactive. The couple of mini-games I played were not that challenging. Didn't get too the Match 3 option which was fine with me as I think it is a silly game with no rhyme or reason. It seems like a game for 4 yr olds & not players who want a real challenge.
Cannot fathom why anyone would even remotely consider this a 5 star game.

posted in Through Andrea's Eyes on Feb 5, 14 5:40 PM
Not My Cup Of Tea

Based on Demo: I just didn't like the game. While the premise, going into your child's mind, sounded interesting it just didn't grab me. No voiceovers, garish graphics & the usual junk pile HO's just added to my disappointment.

ANOTHER freezing game. This time the screen froze while I was doing the pouch puzzle. It looks like a nice game BUT I'm so tired of tech problems. Probably won't buy.

ANOTHER freezing game. This time the screen froze while I was doing the pouch puzzle. It looks like a nice game BUT I'm so tired of tech problems. Probably won't buy.

Based on Demo: A nice but not very exciting mystery adventure. You are contacted by a ghost who was blamed for a murder he didn't commit and you must find out who really "dun" it while at a hotel in Portugal. The graphics are colorful but flat without depth. The music is a looping piano tune. The voice overs are good but the characters stand there like lobotomized pet rocks! The story plods along while you snoop about. The mini-games were interesting but I don't remember playing any HOG's. This is another warmed over game with nothing new or special about it. It's a nice game to play when you want something easy with not a lot of challenge. Would give it 3 stars & buy it with a coupon.

Just finished the demo. It's an OK game but nothing to write home about as the storyline has been played over & over again. Graphics are very busy & sometimes hard to distinguish objects. HOG's are the usual VERY cluttered/messy junkpiles. The music can be loud & annoying but does stop for short periods of time. I found the money/bobblehead collectibles without any problem but only found the 1st card & it was by accident. Fortunately there is a map due to the constant back & forth. Isis the cat was cute but the stuff you could buy her was ridiculous. There is nothing about this game that excites me & makes me want to buy it immediately. I may buy it on a special but for now I will keep looking.

Sorry BF/developers, I DID NOT find this game great or brilliant. Just a mediocre replay of bygone games.

Just finished the demo. It's an OK game but nothing to write home about as the storyline has been played over & over again. Graphics are very busy & sometimes hard to distinguish objects. HOG's are the usual VERY cluttered/messy junkpiles. The music can be loud & annoying but does stop for short periods of time. I found the money/bobblehead collectibles without any problem but only found the 1st card & it was by accident. Fortunately there is a map due to the constant back & forth. Isis the cat was cute but the stuff you could buy her was ridiculous. There is nothing about this game that excites me & makes me want to buy it immediately. I may buy it on a special but for now I will keep looking.

Sorry BF/developers I DID NOT find this game great or brilliant. Just a mediocre replay of bygone games.

posted in Secret Trails: Frozen Heart Collector's Edition on Nov 23, 13 11:50 AM
Game loaded perfectly. I put my name in the box, hit play & then nothing but a black screen with music playing in the background, along with "please wait" at the bottom of the screen. The only thing moving was an annoying whirling snowflake. I tried clicking in different areas of the screen to no avail. The screen just was not moving along. I am so over these annoying game glitches. Why can't the devs make a game that is enjoyable & WORKS the first time? NO BUY HERE...

posted in Secret Trails: Frozen Heart Collector's Edition on Nov 23, 13 11:48 AM
Game loaded perfectly. I put my name in the box, hit play & then nothing but a black screen with music playing in the background, along with "please wait" at the bottom of the screen. The only thing moving was an annoying whirling snowflake. I tried clicking in different areas of the screen to no avail. The screen just was not moving along. I am so over these annoying game glitches. Why can't the devs make a game that is enjoyable & WORKS the first time? NO BUY HERE...

posted in Punished Talents: Seven Muses Collector's Edition on Nov 16, 13 12:22 PM
I beta tested this game & LOVED it. So glad it finally came out. The characters are very life like, graphics are fresh & colorful & music is appropriate. There was a black screen between scenes that seemed to take awhile but, to me at least, it's not much of a negative. Murder/mystery games are my very favorite & I hope to see more of them. I am so over the continual onslaught of witches, gremlins, netherworlds, dead spirits/relatives etc. ad nauseum!! The devs need to get their thinking cap adjusted & start getting us a better selection of games.

posted in Punished Talents: Seven Muses Collector's Edition on Nov 16, 13 12:11 PM
I also beta tested this game & couldn't wait for it to happen as I LOVED it & I have to echo my THANKS to the Blam! Games devs for actually listening to us "fishies" & not just cranking out one game after another. Murder/mystery is my absolute favorite type of game. I am SO OVER fantasy, sci-fi, witches, dead spirits & relatives, other parallel/worlds, living/menacing inanimate objects etc. If you need ideas just read a newspaper or history book!!!

Based on Demo - Story is a rehashed nursery rhyme with a storyline that has been used over & over again. A member of your family has been kidnapped & you go after the kidnapper. (yawn) The graphics are cartoonish & music is the usual boring/annoying genre type. There are a lot of background sounds from different animals such as crows & cats. This becomes irritating very quickly. Haven't decided, yet, if it's a buy for me.

I am unable to unfreeze the ermine in the well & there has not been a response to my request for help. Sorry devs this is a NO SALE. I'm getting VERY annoyed at all of the glitches in EVERY new game. How about waking up the quality control people & have them do there job & get us some glitch free games for a change!!!!!

Wrong Post got transferred.

What I want to say is that I am unable to unfreeze the ermine in the well & there has not been a response to my request for help. Sorry devs this is a NO SALE. I'm getting VERY annoyed at all of the glitches in EVERY new game. How about waking up the quality control people & have them do there job & get us some glitch free games for a change!!!!!

I am definitely holding down the left mouse button while rubbing back and forth with the brush thing on the well. it is a glitch in the game. Sad. no buy for me!!!! I was so looking forward to a new game to play. oh well. glitch did me in. sigh.

I agree with sjsullivan...

"I am definitely holding down the left mouse button while rubbing back and forth with the brush thing on the well. it is a glitch in the game. Sad. no buy for me!!!! I was so looking forward to a new game to play. oh well. glitch did me in. sigh".

posted in Myths of the World: Stolen Spring Collector's Edition on Nov 7, 13 12:54 PM
I am also having the same problem. I go over & over the entire well & the spot the hint button highlights but the ice doesn't melt. Sure hope there is a simple fix because I'd like to finish the demo.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator