Posts created by Fargosis16

Mr_Russ wrote:Two different European languages, dogmama. The first is French. I'm not sure if the second is Italian or Spanish.

Wait a minute...FRENCH?!?
I keep hearing about some unseen character called the French man who has been aiding the detective,
Maybe it's Charles father leading us into an elaborate trap!

larwen wrote:I saw Delmar house a few times as well. Honestly
thought it was a mistake at first. Maybe posted by someone
who wasn't that familiar with the game. But if MargieB posted
it too....hmmm.
There has to be some reason for it, right? Maybe it's listed
like that at HQ.
Like maybe they have a secret name for it.

Maybe the forum is just deslixic

larwen wrote:I definitely think the gentleman in the pictures looks more
like a Nathaniel. Or maybe a Reginald.
I can picture him twirling his mustache and saying,
"The name's Reginald, my dear."

Funny you bring that name up,
Reginald was the name of Rose's husband and the twins father
He went to court against Charles claiming that he was evil and was behind he disappearances, Charles won however and all charges were dropped

dogmama wrote:Larwen, I decided to go for it and you've got to finish both before you get the extra page journal~Whew!

Some notes:
Top Hat
Cane
Irish Sea~Grace O'malley tie-in again
Those weird bone looking things in one pic. Did some googling and they could be bird pelvic bones???
Also, a moon rising behind him in one pic.
Also, there are a lot of "snakey" looking things esp in one pic~~the tongue in the "flyer" from MF?
One pic reminded me of the Banshee. Just a possible tie-in

Can anyone attempt to decipher those notes on the left?

They were tenticals I believe, and don't forget lack of face
So.......slenderfather?

The Boy in the flyer was most likely Charles, so the tounge could indicate him being a specious hybrid, Abigal was a human, but if the father and raven are as one then Charles may be a human/demon hybrid which also explains his supernatural powers
That would be pretty cool I guess,

Mimisix wrote:
Highlight to read:

hmmmm... maybe Charles was honoring his past by burying it and in honoring it he was justifying his current behavior.
But that doesn't really make much sense either lol.

I have another crazy idea that keeps popping into my head and I've written it twice here and keep deleting it, but it won't go away. Could it be possible that Victor was the one in MF's circus and was afflicted with a Progeria type ailment which could account for why he looks so much older than Charles. And, this was his "attraction" in the circus. I do hope that BF wouldn't go this far tho to minimize a heartbreaking affliction.

I know I'm no where near as up-to-date as so many of you are, i.e. time line-wise. In fact I now have myself completely screwed up. But many have said on here to just throw it in the ring 'cause it may trigger something in someone else.
End.

I think victors age thing here is due to the condition of the bodies used to keep Charles alive
In return the corpses were bare skeletons with almost nothing left, and how was. Harlem condition in that game? He was basically on his death bed
But here not only are there more bodies but these ones, are ALIVE, giving Charles more soul power (Charles runs on durasoul batteries) allowing him to be younger

rweb611 wrote:I could not get baby Charles. So when I got to Delmar house it says to put baby charles in the carriage. Tried to go back to try to get him but can't. Am i done with this game or start over..? And how do i get the baby anyway..?

rweb611

You need to turn the knobs on the stork deliver-1000 to the right settings and then you get da babeh and you have to cut the wires in accordance to the baby's eyes or else teh babeh blues up

rweb611 wrote:I could not get baby Charles. So when I got to Delmar house it says to put baby charles in the carriage. Tried to go back to try to get him but can't. Am i done with this game or start over..? And how do i get the baby anyway..?

rweb611

You need to turn the knobs on the stork deliver-1000 to the right settings and then you get da babeh and you have to cut the wires in accordance to the baby's eyes or else teh babeh blues up

AndrewB179 wrote:Yes, but where should we be looking, so that we don't miss it? Is there a particular forum to be keeping an eye on?

We've been getting one per year and yes they do usually come out in fall or early winter depending on the games atmosphere hey also seem to come out around a holiday including cybor Monday and black Friday as to get an advantage over other creepy hidden object adventure games
The next game will most likely not be a ravenhearst game coinciding with the pattern of the games, there IS a rumor that the next game will be a sequal to dire grove, but given how this series likes to introduce characters there will most likely be a tie to the ravenhearst series, not in plot, but in character (this pattern originated with both the ways Charles and victor were introduced as characters along with rose and the twins so why no the raven/Edmon/Charles father?)
Why do I detect these patterns and predictions?
Because Charles Dalimar is best pony.

banshee10 wrote:If Charles is supposed to come back one day, I don't think it will be soon - maybe two or three MCF ahead.
I must admit that I would miss him terribly if he didn't! He's one of the most creative villains I've ever seen, and I don't deny that his last performance was quite intriguing... and, well, kind of sexy....

Have you noticed that the ravenhearst games follow a pattern of introducing characters
1st. Tell
2. Show a little
3. Show a lot
Which means the next game is about...
Charles' mother.......

Well there goes my excitement

Spoilers read if you have finished this level or just like ruining your life
step 1. Play this level
Step 2. Watch nostalgia chicks review of the little mermaid
Step 3. Listen to at least 3 Disney protagonist songs
Step 4. Replay this level
Step 5. Relise Charles is basiclly a Disney princess
Step 6. Cry because all you've known and love has been shattered

sorshasinead wrote:I am also stuck on the Two key-coded doors at the end of the Right Hand upstairs asylum. I went back to the control room with all the monitors - looked at the small central monitor and used the bottom right hand button to find the door whose 5 digit code changes every minute once the second hand goes around.
Got those two codes: 34750 and 27896 (codes from the monitor) and had originally written two codes when I first saw the door as 94711-50413. These would probably be different random numbers in others' gameplay.
I cannot get any of these numbers to open either door - and I tried inputting them during the yellow (caution) color of the second hand sweep - like the picture in the Strategy Guide - that didn't work. Tried all of these numbers in either the red or green section. I can't get anything to work on the doors and there is no SKIP on this puzzle, like the Strategy Guide shows. I'm dead in the water - and can't seem to get anything to work.
Monday (tomorrow) will try calling to see if any tech help can fix this. Exasperating to play this far with no other technical issues and get stopped.

ANY HELP OR SUGGESTIONS???
Thx - Janet

Remember the dial on the lock? Red yellow and green? Once that dial goes full circle the code has changed again

PJGraybill wrote:I cannot get this game to come up at all!!!! It loads but as soon as I start to play it freezes the screen & I can't get out. My computer is only a couple of yrs. old. All other games load but this one will not. Can someone help me please!

Bigfish has already said that this is there largest game file that will only work on new computers

GameLvr30 wrote:Yea, finally someone wants to discuss the ending. Thanks Sinshack! (whited out below)

I thought the raven at the end was Charles’ father because the game told us that he took the form of a raven. We saw the raven watching us all throughout the game while we know Charles was corporeal.

I think it was Charles’ father who was depicted in those two drawings we got after the game was over. I also believe BF has another Ravenhearst planned for some point in the future but we’ll be battling dear old daddy at that time.

I like the thought that Rose or Emma could pop up in future games even non-Ravenhearst ones. We spent so much time rescuing them a status report wouldn’t hurt. Maybe the girls even become Master Detectives when they get older.

I would like to know how Abigail became what we saw she was -- the tyrant, stuffing her face, trapped in bed. I don’t know if the things Charles showed us were all exaggerations or some were pretty close to the truth.

There are definitely a lot of possibilities for continuing this storyline.

It’s funny I liked the Ravenhearst story but was never gaga over it but after this game I cannot wait to see what’s next. I hope we see something more from those sick and depraved Big Fish minds.

I really don't want to see the twins become detectives, because there are already so many games out about a teenage girl detective who is constantly trying to defeat her evil grandfather/father/uncle/stepdad that not only is it repatative but also really bad 99% of the time, 2. You wanted to know why Abigail is such a b**** in 13th skull we learn that she was the daughter of captin crown and had a very depressing childhood due to his absence and as we know from escape if you have a depressing childhood your a bad guy! 3.I heard a rumor/announcement that this is the end of the ravenhearst manor but not the storyline, And that next game is dire grove 2 so perhaps we shall face off with Charles' father and teh banshee (there not the same banshees are all females)
Also I really want to see Dr.Lanswills side I mean he was protruded as a failure (he couldn't keep track of a kid who was sedated, bound to a bed and locked in a high tech box)

MoDreams wrote:Just to add my two cents worth regarding the speculation about --- (highlight)
Charle's father
I was confused on that point too. It says he is still alive at one point, then says he died a year before Charles was committed, but then Charles states in his journal that he learned a great deal from his father. I had the strong impression that Charle's father inhabited the first maximum security cell while Charles was living in the cell on the left. It is clear that the father died sometime before Charles escaped.
[color=#ffffff]Victor
He appears older than Charles because at the end of RTR when we dispatched Charles to the netherworld, Victor quickly escaped back to 1895. Charles states in EFR that Victor was able to begin work on his magnum opus (his greatest achievement ever) which was bringing the dead back to life. I gathered that through the completion of this work, Victor was able to bring Charles back to life, and at a younger appearance than he had in RTR and Madame Fate. So Victor is now 120 or thereabouts, while Charles is appearing in his 30'ish to 40'ish age. It was after bringing Charles back to life, that Charles began this project of luring the MD back to make the MD "understand", and meanwhile capturing some unfortunate citizens of Blackpool to power his infernal machine that eventually brought Emma, Rose and the twins back to life.

Frankly I am getting tired of Charles and hope to see no more of him in the future

~~~MO~~~

I do think this is the end of Charles and Victor but not the end of the Dalimar family the ravenhearst games develop their characters in a pattern: tell a little, then show a little then tell some more then throw a bucket load of characterization at us so it's going to be a few more games and years before Mr.Dalimar gets his own game but he will most likely be in the next game UNLESS he really was the banshee then next non standalone game will be his story, and this is just to make you laugh:
Charles: are you a god?
Mr.Dalimar: what?
Charles: the doctors talk about how powerfull gods are
Mr.Dalimar: No, I'm Not a god
Charles: are you a wizard?
Mr.Dalimar: wizards arent real either
Charles turns head sideways* are you a raven?
Mr.Dalimar: T.T *facepalms*
Who gets the refrence?

sinshack wrote:
rainingreality3 wrote:If Charles' Father is the raven then who is the black cat i wonder. And who is Victors MOTHER!?

OK, it's officially difficult to quote a whited-out post! Highlight above to see what I am replying to, below to see my reply.

Great questions - I had forgotten (again) about Victor's mother. We're still guessing whether the raven is Charles' father, Charles himself, or just some stupid bird that keeps getting caught in fires but the black cat is another mystery - is it the same cat all the time? Is it Posey in disguise? Is that Victor's mother, and if so, who was she when she was human?

In the letter to Emma, which I believe is from Ravenhearst, Charles mentions to Emma that he is bringing Rose to take care of her, and mentions Rose's daughters will accompany her. He also states that he will be bringing her a son, who we realize is Victor.

Someone who went to the party said it was confirmed by one of the developers that Victor is Charles biologic son, so the question at this point is whether Charles had Victor when he was younger, before he met Emma. That seems likely, since he mentions in the letter that Victor "will preserve Ravenhearst Manor as we dance within its walls for eternity," which implies that Victor is already groown up and capable of being the caretaker of the manor. The other possibility is that Charles was a bad boy in more ways than one, and while he was trying to trap Emma into marriage he was having a baby with somebody else.

Bordrblaze wrote:I thought this game was going to tie together all the previous games?

How does Louisiana and pirates ships fit into it?

Also how did Dire Grove and banshees tie in? What am I missing?

Victor was loving in the grocery store in dire grove while rebuilding Charles grandest device and the pirate from 13th skull was Charles grandfather (mothers side)

Fargosis wrote:
Mimisix wrote:
Highlight to read:

hmmmm... maybe Charles was honoring his past by burying it and in honoring it he was justifying his current behavior.
But that doesn't really make much sense either lol.

I have another crazy idea that keeps popping into my head and I've written it twice here and keep deleting it, but it won't go away. Could it be possible that Victor was the one in MF's circus and was afflicted with a Progeria type ailment which could account for why he looks so much older than Charles. And, this was his "attraction" in the circus. I do hope that BF wouldn't go this far tho to minimize a heartbreaking affliction.

I know I'm no where near as up-to-date as so many of you are, i.e. time line-wise. In fact I now have myself completely screwed up. But many have said on here to just throw it in the ring 'cause it may trigger something in someone else.
End.

counter theory on the bizarre age diffrence: iever since ravenhearst charles has started becoming more and more real making him more threating, however charles has also been losing power as well in ravenhearst he is beyond our comprenhension, in madam fate he is a spirit who we can see and hear but can not touch or hurt in return he is floating between that of a spirit and that of a human we cans still not touch him be we can furt him in escape he is human everything he can physically do to us we can do to him. Also notice how charles is always seen in low light in the cutschenes, this is a cheap yet effective movie tactic to make something look older and more threataning along with more shots from an agle semi-below charles. but really i think they just blew the budget on charles' cgi rendered ****

MoDreams wrote:Just to add my two cents worth regarding the speculation about --- (highlight)
Charle's father
I was confused on that point too. It says he is still alive at one point, then says he died a year before Charles was committed, but then Charles states in his journal that he learned a great deal from his father. I had the strong impression that Charle's father inhabited the first maximum security cell while Charles was living in the cell on the left. It is clear that the father died sometime before Charles escaped. We know now that Charles left the asylum sometime AFTER he read about Emma Ravenhearst's arrival in Blackpool. So in short order he dispatched his mother, inherited her wealth, and was able to present himself as a "gentleman" when he met Emma.

and about (again highlight)
Victor
He appears older than Charles because at the end of RTR when we dispatched Charles to the netherworld, Victor quickly escaped back to 1895. Charles states in EFR that Victor was able to begin work on his magnum opus (his greatest achievement ever) which was bringing the dead back to life. I gathered that through the completion of this work, Victor was able to bring Charles back to life, and at a younger appearance than he had in RTR and Madame Fate. So Victor is now 120 or thereabouts, while Charles is appearing in his 30'ish to 40'ish age. It was after bringing Charles back to life, that Charles began this project of luring the MD back to make the MD "understand", and meanwhile capturing some unfortunate citizens of Blackpool to power his infernal machine that eventually brought Emma, Rose and the twins back to life.

Frankly I am getting tired of Charles and hope to see no more of him in the future

~~~MO~~~

dogmama wrote:
laurakay76 wrote:
rainingreality3 wrote:If Charles' Father is the raven then who is the black cat i wonder. And who is Victors MOTHER!?

Highlight for the answer:

Rose was Victor's mother. We learn in Return to Ravenhearst that Charles forced himself on her and Victor was the result.

Laurakay,
Just wondering where you saw that in RTR? My understanding is that we have no idea who his mother was.

SPOILERS THAT I CANNOT COLOR CAUSE IPAD

You remember where all the pictures of victor are? On one of them there is a picture (warning it was nightmare fuel for me) of Charles in his imnotreallysureifhesaghostornot cloak (in escape it is revealed that the clock itself is part of the magikz) holding a baby, with the tag "I promised you a son" this hints that Charles stole the baby and raised him to be TEH evils the tag at first was speculated to be referring to Rose, however given the information about Charles father it now puts on a new twist to that line more like "the family tradition will live on" (I'm guessing that this pattern of a father corrupting his son making him all evil and stuff has been going on for generations with mixed results) which may explain why Charles was so desperate to marry Emma, although that wa not the case with the detective since the detective is the only no relative that knew Charles as well as she/he does charles was hoping that they would understand why he does what he does and sympathies with him which seemed to work temporarily because in one of the detectives journal entry's (by this game everyone but rose has had a ****ing diary) says that 'I refuse to sympathies with him no more' because of the wording it sounds like once apon a time in or out of this game the detective actually did sympathies with our Charles

chia21 wrote:I've been working on the puzzle to enter the electric shock therapy room. I've completed the three stages to get the numbers (3, 9, 5), and have moved the chains down over the corresponding numbers on the rulers, but the door won't open. I've checked the walkthrough, and it should be in the correct position. I've also aligned the the chains and rulers so that the numbers are exactly in the middle of the eyes. Any ideas???

Try quoting the game and open it back up I was having a very similar problem with the coins in act 3

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator