Posts created by MJ_Mystery

purplealikat wrote:Back to you, Laura!

Great poem Sabre!

It appears we will be spending a great deal of time on the bus, riding around in circles. I'll make a pot of chili....somebody want to make the cornbread? If the mods don't show up soon, we'll wear out the tires!

LOL! I think I have some cornbread in my bottomless backpack/weapon.

Myshawolf wrote:Is it too late to join the bus? I have brownies! I am in for a rescue mission. What do we need?

Good question. Someone already has crowbars so what else do you guys think we need for a rescue mission?

playzmuzic wrote:Picman, have you been kidnapped?
I have a crate of crowbars on the bus- tell us where you are and I'll send one!

Hey, if Picman has been kidnapped we could stage a rescue mission from the bus before leaving for Shadow Lake. Remember I have a backpack weapon. XD

SabreQueen wrote:Bonney Picman’s gone away
Tired & sleepy all the day;
Many a fishie would cry & pray,
Should he no come back again.

Will ye no come back again?
With Clews obtuse & ev’n insane;

We seek clews in the gloaming hour;
We seek clews in the morning grey;
The mods nothing more will give,
Oh, there is some that would even pay!!

Sweet the spec threads post and long,
Theorizing wildly up the glen;
But OH! the fishies there sings a sang,
"Will ye no come back again?"

Love this poem!

Laura29 wrote:
purplealikat wrote:
Laura29 wrote: Where, oh where have our little mods gone?
Oh where, oh where can they be?
With their clues, so vague
and their taunts, so fun

*with apologies to the fishie (think it was Rainbow? So sorry if I'm wrong, you're all so awesome!) who made up all the very cool songs in last year's spec thread!

Where, oh where have our little mods gone?
With Picman sick
Updating's a trick

Love it!!!

Love both of these songs!

Mimisix wrote:
and I still think there is a clue in that job posting but again, totally blank here as to what.

I thought that it was a hint that we would be encountering ghosts in the game, either working with, helping or fighting against ghosts because of this job posting.

atsfgal wrote:In the MCF series, which game came out second? Was it Madame Fate or Prime Suspects? (Huntsville was first)

Prime Suspects, then came Ravenhearst and then Madame Fate, ect.

bekair wrote:
mandi_berg wrote:
bekair wrote:Carrying on with those that looked at the picture.

Is she facing a RISING SUN with a sunny outlook, or a SETTING SUN and the approach of night and MORE EVIL? IE - facing East or West.

Is that a NIGHT GOWN, or a COTTON SUN SHIFT.?

Is it FALL? - all the trees in the foreground SEEM to be fully leaved - although there are definitely SOME leaves (look like maple) in the foreground and into the sun some evergreens.

need help here.

bbt

I get the impression that she's wearing a nightgown and since it's ripped at the bottom, I believe she's been tromping around all night. The fog is rising off the lake and the 'sun' is breaking through.
That's my impression at least. I'd love to hear others....
Just like others have predicted, I too think Picman may be suffering from the same night terrors this poor gal in the picture may be experiencing. I think she's compelled to 'go to the lake' maybe against her own will - under a trance as dogmama mentioned earlier.

Mandi - I am not yet ready to concede "SUNRISE" - sunsets can also produce mist on water.
Perhaps you can "manipulate" the pic - I can't seem to. I looking again I notice a tattered - "shift", or "nightgown".

She appears to be looking for something, or someone - perhaps awaiting a command and that tends to make me think "evening" - darkness and evil.

We must agree - this pic asks MORE questions than are answered.

bbt

I totally agree. I'm still leaning towards the theory that she's a ghost we need to help...or maybe she's possessed by a ghost we need to help in order for the girl to be free to live her life.

Laura29 wrote:Yeah, doing a search on this game is a sure way to find spoilers! I almost learned that the hard way with Dire Grove; fortunately, closed that window as soon as I realized what I was looking at. I don't know how all that info gets posted; beta testers, somebody who is contracted for outside work, don't know.

I don't know either. I try and keep to the MCF Facebook page, the MCF website (you know in case they post a video like they did for 13th Skull) and of course the forums and BFG blogs for information. That way I know I won't find any spoilers to the game before it is released.

ccalvert2007 wrote:
Fargosis16 wrote:
Laura29 wrote:SHUCKY DARN! WHOOPSIE DOODLES! NUTS AND SUCH!

These are the curse words I use around my children. LOL

I feel I'm the only person who plays mcf who legitamently doesn't have kids

I'm 24 & don't have kids, so you are most definatly not alone

I don't have kids either and I'm 31 years old, but I also try hard not to swear. So I often use things like those that are in the comics I grew up with which used symbols like the dollar sign to show swear words. XD

dogmama wrote:
Fargosis16 wrote:Considering Abigals mothering, it's a miracle Charles isn't a nervous wreck! Perhaps he sees the ravens as a comfort blanket or some sort of guardian?

He wasn't a nervous wreck...he was a raving wacko!!!

You're not kidding...he was raving EVIL wacko (remembering EFR and shivers).

rainingreality3 wrote:
dogmama wrote:
rainingreality3 wrote:You know there's something I just thought of...if Captain Crown killed all of his crew men AND Grace, then who raised Abigail? How was she brought up and where? How did she become sooo hateful?

She was sent to England with half of Crown's fortune.

Ah yes I remember now. But I still wonder who raised her and how her childhood went as well.

Well there are boarding schools in England. Maybe she lived there until she was a grown up. Or maybe there is some relative unknown to us that she lived with until she was grown up.

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition on Nov 3, 12 12:51 PM
By the way did anyone figure out if the "two kids in school" item in one of Picman's post is a clue or not and if it is what it means?

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition on Nov 3, 12 12:44 PM
Laura29 wrote:I'm also in the not-Ravenhearst camp. I love Ravenhearst, don't get me wrong, but I loved Dire Grove a LOT, and 13th Skull was fun as well. A loose reference to Ravenhearst, probably, but doubt that will be the story line 2 years in a row; they've not done that since, if memory serves, the original Ravenhearst and RTR. I think I'm wrong there, but cannot remember a game between the two of them.

There was a game between Ravenhearst and RTR. That game was Madam Fate. I also personally don't think that we will be returning to Ravenhearst. So far there are no new clues on Facebook but the countdown clock has changed from "20" to "19". LOL about the Brain Fart but I already posted this before you corrected yourself.

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition on Nov 3, 12 12:35 PM
weissvonnix wrote:Thanks MJ, l know the rules.
lt is a site on FB, that seems made by BFG.
Rather l was watching if l would already find something on Flickr but got just the "crew" pic we got in the blog. But this "redfroggames" posted among other games this pic of the Fallen game too, including the links to download and FB.

Now, where´s the connection, if there is one..?

Good question. Hmm I wonder if there is one or if this is a red herring.

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition on Nov 3, 12 12:25 PM
mandi_berg wrote:
dogmama wrote:Any ideas who the girl on the pier is? Couple of things I noticed about the picture:

Lots of lilypads
Some sort of evergreen trees (not sure pines, firs or what)
She appears to be in some sort of nightgown and bare foot
She appears to be kind of in a trance like something is calling her (bet she wakes up the next morning tired too, like Picman!)
Weather is probably not winter (lilypads) so maybe spring or summer as I don't get the feeling of autumn either
Fog in the distance
Row boat of some kind

Can we work any of the clues into the pic???

Good connection you've made between the girl and perhaps Picman's fatigue! We'll have to see how he's feeling today, if he posts
The atmosphere is also greenish, which reminds me of 13th Skull.

Picman had said the sky was sunny with touches of violet yesterday. Some people have commented that he may be suffering radiation poisoning, but I'm not entirely convinced yet. However, after doing a bit of internet searching, purple skies are observed where nuclear weapons have been detonated...

I did not know that about the purple sky and radiation. I don't know much about radiation poisoning so I'm not sure that Picman is suffering from that or from a ghost coming in contact with him.

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition on Nov 3, 12 12:20 PM
weissvonnix wrote:l just found a game called: Fallen: The Flowers of Evil lt seems it isn´t ready yet, there is just a survey download at FB, where it is announced since wednesday!

l start to wonder....

Here´s the survey download link:

http://www.bigfishgames.com/download-games/19786/fallen-flowers-of-evil-survey/download.html

(hope it works)

Don´t know if l´m allowed to post the FB link, but look for Fallen: Flowers of Evil Game and you will find it.

I posted a FB link and it got removed so watch out. From now on I'll give instructions on how to get to the page if someone asks. It is curious though about what you've noticed.

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition on Nov 3, 12 12:08 PM
dogmama wrote:Eoarod~ Great job !

My theory which will surely change as more clues become available :
Stand alone game like DG and 13th Skull with a very small tie in at the end ala DG.
Someone unwittingly "opens the door" to some kind of evil (again kind of "DGish"). Perhaps it was opened before the town was destroyed (most likely) or sometime after say by a hiker or someone finding something in the lake. That person was very likely murdered by the "evil". Once it was "called" (by "opening the door") it was able to possess nearby residents around the lake. Maybe it transported itself by fog or maybe through a raven, owl or eagle. Perhaps the Queen had a friend or relative that disappeared in the area and that's why we were sent.

One question we'll need to answer in the game is what happened to the people of the town when it was destroyed because I don't think their bodies were ever found.

Wow great thinking. I agree with you that there will be a good question that we'll need to answer. I'm already getting chills.

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition on Nov 3, 12 11:53 AM
dogmama wrote:Any ideas who the girl on the pier is? Couple of things I noticed about the picture:

Lots of lilypads
Some sort of evergreen trees (not sure pines, firs or what)
She appears to be in some sort of nightgown and bare foot
She appears to be kind of in a trance like something is calling her (bet she wakes up the next morning tired too, like Picman!)
Weather is probably not winter (lilypads) so maybe spring or summer as I don't get the feeling of autumn either
Fog in the distance
Row boat of some kind

Can we work any of the clues into the pic???

I'm guessing that she's a ghost, maybe the ghost we need to contact and help like we did with Emma back in the first Ravenhearst or maybe she's the cause of the trouble. I'm guessing this because of the medium we need to work with according to the BFG blog that announced Shadow Lake. Hey I'm a jellyfish now, wow that was fast!

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition on Nov 3, 12 11:50 AM
dogmama wrote:MJ_Mystery~ The only thing that will happen is you will be fin-slapped to the bottom of the pond by one of the Mods . First offense. Second, well... we don't even speculate about those departed souls .

Yipes! I will have to make sure I don't do that.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator