Posts created by shripch

posted in Nightmare Realm: In the End... Collector's Edition on Dec 30, 12 1:13 AM
The trial only gives away the first 16 pages of the strategy guide, so I don't know where this game is going. The beginning of the game reminds me of the Drawn series in regard to the graphics, which are beautifully rendered. There is a fantastic journal to be read waiting for us on a side table that is a work of art. And the house looks like a lovely country home surrounded by trees and a white picket fence.
The game fills my screen in true wide screen, no black bars, and the strategy guide is easy to access and stays where you left it.
But I think this game is going to get very dark very fast, and I will have to wait for more reviews to see if it's going to be my cup of tea. Maybe it's the guy in the dungeon who's waiting to be executed? And the hints that our pretty young miss suffers from some very dark dreams?
Lately I find myself looking for "upbeat" games. If this game drags us into dark, frightening places, I'll pass.

posted in The Missing: Island of Lost Ships on Dec 30, 12 12:34 AM
LuvDemGames wrote:Apparently, you either hate this game or you love it. I for one love it. I hope to see Herbert again in the future, he is so funny. This game is better than some I have paid CE prices for. TY for a great game BF, and kudos to the devs also.
You are so right! The reviews are all over the charts on this one, and I am one of the people who find the game so much fun, fun, fun, Interesting how our tastes can all be so different, huh.

posted in The Missing: Island of Lost Ships on Dec 30, 12 12:31 AM
This is a "happy" game with great characters and a good Sci Fy feel to it. Give it a try! those hour trials are so worth the effort. It took about 10 minutes for the decision on this one, and I have several unused game credits burning a hole in my pockets. Time to spend one!

posted in The Missing: Island of Lost Ships on Dec 30, 12 12:26 AM
I love it! Such delightful, funny characters. Took about 10 minutes of the trial to decide to buy, so I guess I'm with the lovers.

posted in The Missing: Island of Lost Ships on Dec 30, 12 12:23 AM
shadowfax44 wrote:Fun, fun!! I am liking this one. I hope all of you gamers had happy holidays and I will check back for your comments on this one! Happy New Year (almost), Shadow
Yes, yes, yes! Agree!

posted in The Missing: Island of Lost Ships on Dec 30, 12 12:04 AM
Okay. After reading the reviews, which were all over the place(!!!!!) I'm downloading the trial version so I can see what all the fuss is about. Evidently, I'll either hate this game or love it. I'll let you know which side I'm on!

posted in Weird Park: Scary Tales on Dec 29, 12 11:51 PM
barbee44 wrote:Those thumbnail preview are awfully dark. Is the game dark like that all the way through? I hate dark dreary scenes.
I didn't find this game dark or dreary. Just the opposite. There are a few places that might be a little on the "dark" side, but they're more than made up by lovely fairy tale landscapes later in the game. The game has a nice variety of scenes.

posted in Weird Park: Scary Tales on Dec 29, 12 11:48 PM
I just finished this satisfying game. A lot of game packed into a very neat package. Great variety of places to visit with a just right sprinkling of HOS. The puzzles were also varied and interesting, some harder than others. Just right. The graphics are very good and that little imp is still a great pain in the....... you know.
Don't pass this one up!

posted in Reality Show: Fatal Shot Collector's Edition on Dec 20, 12 12:03 PM
I just want to add to what it is that bothers me about this game. In the opening scene I became exited because this looked like it was going to be a ground breaking game that would somehow merge a police drama, murder mystery, and the nations fixation on reality shows. But there really wasn't any thing new here, and the detective seems to be an ineffective police officer with little power.

To do a reality TV show based game I think they could have taken their clues from
that genre and used inventive camera angle shots, fast paced chases, and a fast thinking detective. Something that feels and plays like the real thing!

I remember that moment in games like Dire Grove and the Nutcracker when I caught my breath and realized I was seeing something new and spectacularly inventive. I am on a fixed income now, and my money has to stretch, so I'll continue to download the trials, give the games a shot, then reject those that don't scream "wow", this is incredible!
And this game doesn't do that. At least for me.

posted in Reality Show: Fatal Shot Collector's Edition on Dec 20, 12 1:21 AM
I'm with Valdy about this game. There's something about this game that is just not "right" for me. That doesn't mean some players might not be just crazy about it, but I'm not going to be one of them. I'll wait for the SE to come out and use a credit!
But this is based on about half of the trial. I might change my mind tomorrow when I give it one more chance.

This will be the first time I have written two reviews for a game, but this game is just so wonderful I feel it needs the extra kudos.
I started that crazy fun game Weird Park Scary Tales and have been totally enjoying it and purchased this game after trying the demo for just a short time.
Now I can't stop! I mean, I want to get back to Scary Tales and find out how we're going to free those kids, but I can't!
This game is so captivating it has me in it's sweet grasp and won't let go! I need to go to sleep because I have to get up early tomorrow so I know I need to shut the old computer down, but with this game it's hard to do.
I realize the puzzles are easy, but they're fun! If you haven't taken the time to download the demo, please do. And then you'll know what we're all talking about.

I want to say a personal thank you to all my fellow fishies for taking the time to write time consuming reviews. For years I bought games without reading the valuable information available on these pages, but I never download a game now until after I have read what so many of you have taken the time to write! Thank you!
That said I bought this wonderful game after reading your reviews and you are all so right. What a great game, and so soon after The Nutcracker. Amazing!

posted in Weird Park: Scary Tales on Dec 12, 12 1:42 PM
If this games turns out to need a walkthrough at some point, it'll be great to have one available. I just window the game, window the walkthrough and switch back and forth as necessary. I've already windowed the game to fix some issues, so I probably will take advantage of the walkthrough when I hit a puzzle that's too tricky!

posted in Weird Park: Scary Tales on Dec 12, 12 1:35 PM
I windowed this game and now it seems to have no problems. Besides, windowing gives me the opportunity to just minimize the game when I want to do something else with my computer then go back to the game. Smaller picture but this game won't play in widescreen on my computer anyway!

posted in Weird Park: Scary Tales on Dec 12, 12 1:19 AM
I agree with every thing sassylassie has to say, with the addition of a big thank you to BF for having a great SE for us to buy. This game is a real deal!

posted in Phantasmat: Crucible Peak Collector's Edition on Dec 6, 12 1:52 AM
This is from the devs who brought us Phantasmat, a very good game. And this is following those wonderfully odd footsteps. Weird townsfolk, and flashbacks that build the background story. Cold breath from the characters mouths! Spooky, good stuff. A buy for me.

posted in Christmas Stories: Nutcracker Collector's Edition on Nov 29, 12 1:21 AM
Bought before the trial was over. Read Poutoule's great review to get the games facts, but I'll tell you about what makes this fun, fun, fun! Graphics are great, music is perfect, mini-games light and doable, and the HOS are interactive and clear.

But the story is an instant grabber! Talking rats, a beautiful princess turned into a doll, a friendly candle that wants to help, Christmas decorations every where, snow falling, a sweet cat we have to rescue as soon as possible so she can help us too, and all accompanied by that perfect Nutcracker music. Oh, and the prince has been turned into a nutcracker by the same evil rat that turned our beautiful princess into a doll! Off to rescue the whole lot!

posted in Murder, She Wrote 2: Return to Cabot Cove on Nov 21, 12 10:20 AM
rhonayotte wrote: it is finally here! I have been waiting for this for awhile! What a pleasant surprise to find this offered today. I knew today was the release date, but did not expect BFG to get it on the same day!

Oh but it is AWESOME to see bright graphics with loads of color. It is always a breath of fresh air when I can walk into a scene and it isn't raining or dismal gray!

The voice overs are very good! And the acting is "natural", not stiff, or loud or over dramatic.

The actor depictions are pretty much close as you can get to the real person.

As for what it offers: Easy and Hard modes. A journal with Objectives and Clues. A hint system that you build yourself by finding typewriter keys in the HO scenes. Not too much dialogue, but if you feel it is you can click to continue through or Skip, but these ARE Murder Mysteries and you sure WANT to know what is being said.

I have no idea of the length, but then again I am one of the types of players that take my time, lots of time, to look at scenery, listen to all the dialogue, and read the journals when they are offered.

If lovely colors, NO Dark and Eerie elements, no scare moments, no occult type themes, pleasant music bothers you, then this one isn't for you. However if these DO appeal to you, and you just want to have a nice enjoyable relaxing time with a game, then by all means, check this out!

In response Wolfen Raindancer Thank you!! I agree with you so much about comparing a good pc game to a good book. I read a lot of the same genres and that's because I like it and I love a good HOG/Adventure in the same way. Enjoying the game.

WolfenRaindancer wrote:I disagree with the detractors, lol. I like this game, and I don't care if I have seen some of this before as I enjoy these games. This one has lots of things to do, and they aren't the 'keep the silly hogger running around for trivial items to stretch out the game play" type things. The puzzles are all tweaked to make them a bit different. It fills my whole wide screen, and I love the thunder. I haven't had rain in ages here, so love it when it is in the games. I enjoy the way the scenes change, like in the first one, and I don't find the graphics too dark. I have played for almost three hours, and according to the guide, I am not even near the halfway point. I had to make myself quit, as I know that I would kick myself later on. I will enjoy picking this one up again this evening with rested eyes.

I read every night when I go to bed. I mostly read mysteries, thrillers, and scifi or fantasy. The themes are familiar and yet each offers something different. Same thing in games. I enjoy the themes, the plots, the hos, and the puzzles. Some devs do a better job than others, and it is obvious when they have put more thought into them. These devs take pride in their work, and rightly so, IMHO.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator