Posts created by dashwood95

posted in Delaware St. John - The Curse of Midnight Manor on Aug 24, 09 12:24 PM
What a bad argument that they cost so much to make. If they're already in there making it, spend the extra couple days/weeks fine tuning your story and your game as a whole. You know they have several projects going on at once at most of these places just so they can constantly be releasing a game for profit. It wouldn't have killed them to spend a little more time on the game before releasing it.

I really did think it had potential. I love ghostly stories and the being chased was good. I didn't mind that tons of doors were locked, though a few open that may or may not have had anything of use could have been nice and make you forget once and a while where you needed to go (which could be good since it goes so fast). I don't remember the voices being particularly annoying except maybe some of the teenagers as ghosts. Course that might have been more about the dialogue.

posted in Relic Hunt on Aug 24, 09 12:10 PM
Any game that I was bored doing and still finished in 45 min is not worth buying. Lousy ending too btw.

With you kingkong.

posted in Relic Hunt on Aug 24, 09 12:09 PM
Seems like every other day someone can't get a game to load, but in the grand scheme of things, 99% of the time I don't have trouble loading a game.

I must say for those that refuse to tread further, you missed nothing.

I beat the game (yes beat) in 45 minutes (with getting up for 5 minutes to attend to my nephew) and only met one puzzle I felt compelled to skip. The ending is so LAME. He proposes! Wow. He found the gold! Two screens and that's it. No fanfare. Course with this game I didn't expect it.

Anyone remember on NES/SNES how all the Mario games had these fairly elaborate winning sequences that made you feel it was worth your effort? I haven't found too many games here that do that.

posted in The Mystery of the Mary Celeste on Aug 19, 09 1:22 PM
Please. This game is so easy and so quick to refill hints, use a dang hint!

Mantle behind the trophy looking cup.

posted in The Mystery of the Mary Celeste on Aug 19, 09 1:21 PM
I made it until 2 minutes left, but barely. I really didn't enjoy it though and while the basic things you do were easy, I found this game very tedious.

Would not recommend even a newbie buy it because it might taint their opinion of HOGs.

posted in The Blackwell Convergence on Aug 17, 09 10:18 AM
Honestly, once I did get the game going it was not really worth it.

The actual file path in Vista is C:\Program Files\bigfishgames\The Blackwell Convergence

And I did not install the DirectX when prompted but opted to keep the version I had. The switch to the alternate Direct Draw 5 did it for me.

posted in Delaware St. John - The Curse of Midnight Manor on Aug 10, 09 6:47 PM
If you were doing everything it told you to, you wouldn't be getting a black screen.

As I recall there are two times leaving 204 that you were required to hall arse somewhere. Did you see the ghost tell you to go to room 305 or to the parlour/lounge? If it's 305 then bear in mind you cannot turn the door knob. You have to move the mouse over the door to get the closed-fist icon and pound the door open.

If it's the lounge then you just aren't taking the fastest route there.

posted in Delaware St. John - The Curse of Midnight Manor on Aug 10, 09 4:37 PM
That's happened to me sporadically on my less than 6 month old laptop as well. Quite frankly though ladies and gents, this game is not worth it.

Course I'd have told you the same thing, to check for updated video card drivers.

Not sure you need to update shockwave though.

posted in Delaware St. John - The Curse of Midnight Manor on Aug 10, 09 4:36 PM
I actually can't remember if it was nearer to 305 or 315 on the opposite hallway, but it's there. It's the corner table on the right of the second/right door. You have to have put the leg back on the couch on the second floor first though. I'm assuming you did or you wouldn't know about the third floor, but just in case I'll mention it.

posted in Delaware St. John - The Curse of Midnight Manor on Aug 10, 09 4:33 PM
It's there alright, but finding the proper set of boxes was a bit problematic at first.

If you recall where the keepsake box is or the room with the mangled door? It's the set of boxes on your left while you're still one screen away from either of the above.

posted in Delaware St. John - The Curse of Midnight Manor on Aug 10, 09 4:32 PM
For the love of you know who, DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY!

posted in Delaware St. John - The Curse of Midnight Manor on Aug 10, 09 4:31 PM
Seconded.

What a lame ending am I right? http://forums.bigfishgames.com/forums/show/1358.page

posted in Delaware St. John - The Curse of Midnight Manor on Aug 10, 09 4:30 PM
It didn't suck, but it was no A game either.

I wish I'd not paid the 6.99 for it and maybe waited for a 99 center, but I just wanted to know how it ended. I should have just read the walkthrough though. You don't know it until you get there (and a walkthrough wouldn't tell you everything), but the actual game ending is in a word LAME.

All that moving around, outrunning demons and all you get is a date for pancakes and eggs? No big fan fare here.

That's what's the worst part....besides the fact that I paid for it.

posted in The Secret of Margrave Manor on Jan 24, 09 6:57 PM
I admit, I've only been continuing to play to see what happens in the story. Kinda wish I hadn't spoiled it, but that's ok.

So if the butler hadn't been so stupid, he'd have found the pieces years ago. What a tard.

posted in Hidden World of Art on Jan 19, 09 4:13 PM
Lord has it right. I stopped for the same reasons.

posted in Suspects and Clues on Dec 30, 08 4:15 PM
Nice not to be alone. Glad none of you wasted good $$s on it.

posted in Suspects and Clues on Dec 28, 08 4:06 PM
Agreed on all.

One word: lame.

posted in Mystic Inn™ on Dec 28, 08 10:01 AM
Oh you have got to be kidding? The treasure is the inn being restored fully, and the ending is a single image of her with some of the patrons standing there. So not worth what I paid for it. Thankfully it was free.

Don't waste your money. It's good for the freebie but not much else.

posted in Hidden Secrets: The Nightmare on Dec 28, 08 9:59 AM
I've been holding out hope that HSTN would come up free, 99c or just plain cheap because I was curious how it would end. I figured it was the hubby from the get go, but even at $10 it was sooo not worth the price of admission.

I guess I'd beaten more than half the game in my first hour because it seems like the game was over very quickly after I purchased it. Mind you, it was like 2 months ago I started the game when my free hour had 17 minutes left and walked away. Today I bought it with the holiday sale, all I can say is don't waste your money.

For the two quips when they catch the husband and for the final shot of her family around her bedside, such a waste. What a short ending? No payoff at all.

posted in Amazing Finds on Dec 8, 08 6:22 PM
Same thing happened to me with Haunted Hotel. Thankfully I only paid 99 c for it. Finished it minutes after purchased.

Finished this one 2 mins before demo ended. Would have been faster but dumb me didn't think of that the item needed for the last page would be in the first one. Makes sense when you think about it...too bad I didn't!

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator