Posts created by Poppa47

posted in Echoes of the Past: Royal House of Stone on Dec 14, 09 7:04 AM
there is an equation in the lower left corner of the screen for the weight puzzle.

it is rather simple to decipher, so I won't give you the answer. IT will be much more satisfying to you to solve it your self.

got into investigation 4 of the game during the hour demo stopping after the assembly line of Holmes books and other stuff. These games to me are not worthy of a purchase because they play the same way every time. Finding a dozen red CD's and correctly placing them in a case gets too repetitious and ultimately boring when it is done time after time. All of the other Patterson games I have been able to finish by doing demos at other sites since the game can be continued to its conclusion.

Poppa grade is just a straight C.

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Dire Grove™ on Dec 13, 09 5:34 AM
Dire Grove contains some weird or interesting things within its various screens, just as is the case with the other MCF games. Here are some of them and I am certain you eagle eyes will come up with more. My list does not include any of the hidden object areas.

The detective's car has a Madame Fate bobble head doll on the dashboard. The eight ball stick shift can be moved into gears. The horn in the car makes the AAAROOGAH sound and if you click on the horn 3 times, the battery drains.

In the B & B lobby, the 4 entries in the guest registry are all on the 13th of the month.
There is no price for rooms on the room price list.

In the manager's office, the wall clock hands are off center and turn in opposite directions.

In the hotel basement, there is a box in the right corner with the name VICTOR on it.

In the bathroom, a shelf to the right of the window is severly tilted downward yet 5 bottles remain on the shelf. To the left of the window is a poster that is identical to a poster seen in RTR.

After going left of the wolf to the riverbank, the tree on the left side of the screen has a rather distinct face in the trunk.

On the screen with the tree that must be climbed, there is a robin drinking yet the birdbath is frozen.

The generator is a Generac. There is an American company called Generac that makes generators.

What oddities will you notice for our amusement?

posted in Harlequin Presents ™: Hidden Object of Desire on Dec 13, 09 4:10 AM
I would at least like to do the hour trial, but when I click on download, nothing at all happens. Anyone else having this glitch?

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Dire Grove™ on Dec 12, 09 9:34 AM
Please, let's not turn this thread into another diatribe like the one in the game forum as that one had 9 pages the last time I was there and nothing new was added to the conversation after page 2.
Quite simply this is a get what you pay for game. At 20 bucks it's one thing and at 7 bucks it's another. So if anyone wants to beef about this game go to the game forum.

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Dire Grove™ on Dec 12, 09 4:54 AM
I now find it hilarious that all these pages have revolved around ( if I may paraphrase a famous literary quote ) " to morph or not to morph, That is the question"

I am not going to go into that spiel again, it has been beaten to the point of unrecognizability.
BFG will produce another blockbuster for late 2010 as Picman alluded. BFG will do it for one reason only: TO MAKE A LOT OF $$$ .

I am also certain that given this tempest in a teapot over game differences that BFG will , in previewing a future CE version, strive to inform its clients of ALL the differences between 2 versions. BFG has become the biggest and the best at what it does for a lot of reasons. Stupidity isn't one of them.

So BFG, the ball is in your court. Be extremely specific next time around and this type of conversation cannot recur.

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Dire Grove™ on Dec 11, 09 5:14 PM
There are times when the mods lock threads when they get too nasty and people start sniping at each other.

Has there ever been a time when a thread was locked because nothing new was offered after 7 or 8 pages of posts and the thread just became an excercise in boredom?? Yawn......................

by the way, Sillyfeet ( and I love ya baby !! ) has posted enought times in this thread that she ought to be "morphing" soon.

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Dire Grove™ on Dec 11, 09 1:36 PM
I have just finished playing about 4 hours worth of the $7.00 version of DG. I guess I am far from finished. Then I came here to read some of the posts about the game and am flabbergasted that some members have their nose out of joint and their shorts all in a bunch due to the lack of morphing objects in the less costly version.
In my game play so far, I am having a blast. I do not feel at all cheated, as some of my friends state, by not having the morphs. Unlike Madame Fate , these morphs have NOTHING TO DO WITH THE ADVANCEMENT AND ULTIMATE COMPLETION OF THE GAME. To those of you upset with this difference in the versions, if the morph stuff were never mentioned, would it lessen your pleasure with the so-called lesser version? We all made our choices as to which price we were willing to pay and BFG ( in my eyes ) hoodwinked no one. said the gameplay would be identical in both games. No one who spent more has stated that they are getting more out of the advancement of the game because they paid more. They're getting wallpaper and some other goodies. BUT WE ARE ALL PLAYING THE SAME GAME.

I am almost certain, given BFG's track record as a super service company, that would be willing to rebate the $6.99 to anyone who feels slighted in the game differences and then allow those same people to fork over the $20 bucks instead. But rather than griping, always remember an old and effective business adage: YOU GET WHAT YOU PAID FOR. \\Thanks, BFG for a terrific $6.99 game.

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Dire Grove™ on Dec 11, 09 7:40 AM
The morphs in Fate were integral to the game play by opening up new screens.
I am certain this is not the case with DG since if the morphs were needed and not in the $6.99 game, BFG would be boiled in oil by gamers because the game could not be finished. My take is the morph aspect is just one of the little extras that a lot of us concluded was not worth the extra cost. I could care less about getting wallpaper and some of the other " extras".

So rest easy about the morphing stuff, BFG just ain't that dumb. The morphs in DG are no more important than they are in the pond.

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Dire Grove™ on Dec 11, 09 4:26 AM
I figure the pond will be really quiet for a few days save for those who bought the CE and have finished DG already. Have only finished the hour demo and it's already a winner. See ya, got to go buy me a game.

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Dire Grove™ on Dec 11, 09 4:22 AM
Just finished the demo and of course it is a buy. Abstained from skips so I have work to do. Opening the abandoned auto glove box is easy but have yet to properly align the hands of the thing that looks like a clock. I marvel at the imagination of the team that put this game together even after an hour. At this rate, DG might supplant RTR as the best ever. If you read this and have yet to purchase, what are you waiting for??

posted in Jane Angel: Templar Mystery on Dec 10, 09 4:40 AM
The absolutey worst game since Route 66. I like the idea of scrolling screens but to have items in the word list hilited when they are on screen and vice versa is an insult to my intelligence. All you need to do then is scroll really slow until you see a word hilited and presto there is the object. The spelling is abysmal. Find 4 scissores. The directions for some mini games are ill written. The Russian games have some good ideas as does this one, yet the Russian game makers often forget that the marketing for their games is largely outside of Eastern Europe. These games need serious proofreading before they reach the intended markets.

Pass on this game. No perestroika here!!

posted in Nightfall Mysteries: Curse of the Opera on Dec 9, 09 2:35 PM
phatkhat wrote:Demoing this game, and it is pretty good! It has annoying music, which I shut off, but otherwise is a nice, moderately challenging IHOG. It's in beta, and not sure how long before it is released.

It is a mystery about an opera troupe brought to an abandoned village to perform for the local count - who appears to be a vampire. It's up to you to solve the mystery of the murders and disappearances and escape alive!

You don't have to find large numbers of objects, but they're well hidden, and those who have a problem with small objects may want to leave this one on the shelf. The graphics are very good, though, and I'm working on a 15" laptop instead of my usual 24" monitor, and I'm able to find 99% of them.

The characters are cartoony, and the voice acting is kind of hammy, but I find the game to be quite campy and fun. Hopefully it will come here when it is released. It looks like it might be fairly long.

I tried doing the beta at CCG ( figure that's where you did it ) but I got glitched from the get go and could not get past the introductory page from the character called Tiberius.

posted in Echoes of the Past: Royal House of Stone on Dec 8, 09 6:51 AM
Only completed the game 1 time and my memory is a bit fuzzy as to what you need. All I can say is that I was able to decipher the entire game on my own. Give it another try and then if you get hopelessly stuck, the easiest way to get thru the sticky part is to go to Gamezebo and look at the part of its walkthru that gives the answer to your problem. I assume GZ has a walkthru for Echoes by now.

posted in Vampire Saga: Pandora's Box on Dec 7, 09 3:11 AM
Agreed. It is one of the better HOGs for those who like exploring in the fashion of RTR. Long game too so there is much bang for the buck. For me the ending was just a bit lame but not enough to spoil the game.

posted in Echoes of the Past: Royal House of Stone on Dec 6, 09 2:33 PM
the end of the game included the words " to be continued"

posted in The Otherside: Realm of Eons on Dec 6, 09 3:37 AM
this game is a nice one for kids in the 8-12 age group that either like HOGs or might have an interest in them were they introduced to Eons. I did a demo of this the other day with my 3 yr old grandson sitting on my lap. I asked him to point out some of the objects to be found and he had no trouble at all with some of them. He had a ball and I had a really good time only because it was quality time with my favorite little guy.

Adults for the most part will not like this game as it is too juvenile, it just may be a neat present for an age appropriate child.

posted in The Dark Hills of Cherai on Dec 5, 09 4:48 AM
vicalana wrote:Beautiful game - really enjoyed the demo - but won't be buying cos there is so little replay value. Innovative game! Enjoy!!

Lana, how can you say there is no replay value after a one hour demo??
I always think of replay value as having enough objects in any screen so that different things are sought after when a game is replayed. Now certainly, some screens require one type of item to advance the game ( such as the snake gathering ). Perhaps your perception of replay value differs from my own. Please return and explain yourself.

As to the game itself, HOGging is rather simple, the puzzles are fairly simple 30 minutes into the game. I do like that more than one puzzle must be completed in scenes to advance the game. The unique feature of having more than one game character as a protagonist is outstanding and hopefully this will be continued in games of the future. After all, these games tell a story and most stories have more than one character in them.

Cherai is a welcome addition to the HOG genre and I think a lot of gamers will find this one very compelling.

posted in Echoes of the Past: Royal House of Stone on Dec 4, 09 10:55 AM
once you put the prince's portrait together, it shows the shield in the picture. that shield diagram must be reproduced elsewhere to open another castle door.

posted in Be a King on Dec 4, 09 10:51 AM
maybe it's the put up every emoticon on BFG game???

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator