Posts created by Dee_H

drwuf wrote:As usual, this game does not work on Mac. So disappointing. This has been a recurrent problem with Elephant Games and Mac compatibility. What is the problem??

I am also unable to play on Mac. Immediately after clicking play, an error message pops up stating 'notgame quit unexpectedly.' I tried uninstalling and reinstalling all of the suggestions from the Big Fish help section listed above, but no luck. I got this exact error message when I tried to play Haunted Hotel X CE on the Mac. I've recently played both of the new Ravenhearst games and the new Puppetshow with no problems. I sent a Dr Felix on Haunted Hotel X problem, but issue was not solved, I ended up getting a coupon code to download and playing Haunted Hotel X game on a PC instead.

Thanks for posting your tech issue, I thought it was just me! Hope there's a fix for us soon!

Dee

posted in Gummy Drop! on Dec 27, 15 11:29 PM
Thank you for your help! I finally solved this by using a hammer on the color blocker to free the Lightning bolts.

The new directories by city are much appreciated!

Thanks again!
Dee

posted in Gummy Drop! on Dec 18, 15 7:32 AM
I try to click the Mexico City link, but nothing happens. Also tried to go through city directory with no luck. Maybe I'm the only one struggling with this level, as most players are experts by the time they get to Mexico City. I have lost over 20+ lives to level 90. If I were even close, I would just use a hammer and be done with it. Is that my only solution? Thanks for any advice!

Dee

posted in Gummy Drop! on Feb 28, 15 7:11 PM
Thank you for posting this tip!

posted in Gummy Drop! on Feb 21, 15 12:45 AM
Dee_H wrote:I am a newbie, just completed Sydney and am about 12 levels into Tokyo. A few days ago, the daily goal disappeared (I always play around the same time), is that a Sydney only challenge or possibly stops after a certain level? I read through the tips & tricks but didn't see mention of this daily challenge stopping after certain point, but may have missed it. I still get the daily lottery ticket. I play connected to FB on an iPad. I tried disconnecting/reconnecting with FB, closing/reopening game app, powering off/on iPad, still no daily goal. I appreciate any advice! Thx!

Thank you for the update this week! Since the update I have been getting the daily challenges again. Problem solved!

Thx,
D

posted in Gummy Drop! on Feb 19, 15 4:40 PM
I am a newbie, just completed Sydney and am about 12 levels into Tokyo. A few days ago, the daily goal disappeared (I always play around the same time), is that a Sydney only challenge or possibly stops after a certain level? I read through the tips & tricks but didn't see mention of this daily challenge stopping after certain point, but may have missed it. I still get the daily lottery ticket. I play connected to FB on an iPad. I tried disconnecting/reconnecting with FB, closing/reopening game app, powering off/on iPad, still no daily goal. I appreciate any advice! Thx!

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Sep 21, 14 11:48 PM
The problem with bug/hair spray is that it leaves a drippy sticky mess, doesn't kill them right away and sometimes discolors the paint, leaving ominous toxic drips 'bleeding' down the walls (too many scary movies in my youth). I also worry that after I coat them in bug spray, the cats will decide to eat them. My solution is the giant lint roller on a long stick made for picking up pet hair from furniture/floors. Now ceilings, walls and floors (of course) are spider free with one roll of the tape. They get squished and stick to the tape and I don't have to get too close, thx to the long handle. Try it fellow arachnophobia friends!

Dee @ 67 Chateau Mystique

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Aug 27, 14 5:58 AM
Thankfully, it seems my 'younger' neighbor is suffering from an isolated glitch and not the norm. That is great news, well not for him, but you get the idea. I am very grateful to those of you who chimed in with both support and clarification, although I was dangerously close to inciting a riot had it not been for your level-headed input! Thank goodness for LaReina Gitana's b-day keeping us in happy mode! Hope you had a wonderful birthday!

Now we can resume randomly tapping around the borders of our mansion grounds searching for the new land expansion plots!

Happy gaming everyone!

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Aug 25, 14 5:49 PM
I will ask the neighbor who pm'd me that info to double-check inventory vs. Enigma section. Can't believe I'm saying this, but I do hope it's just a glitch and not standard procedure. Wishing for glitches?! I know my gifting section is a little off, as I have a few days with 2-3 gifts total, then blasted with 47 gifts the next day (about 290 neighbors total). Eli, I hope you're right (as usual) Thx to everyone for your comments & help!

Happy birthday LaReinaGitana!

Dee

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Aug 25, 14 4:19 PM
I love sending premium gifts to my neighbors who may not have unlocked them yet in their own store, like the nudi branch. I thought I was giving them something special that they otherwise would not have access to purchase until they got to a level in the upper 30's. It is also nice that the item does not require summoning wait time. After playing this game for a very, very long time, I just found out that my gifts are 'locked' in the recipient's inventory until they reach the stated level. (Thx Silverwolf!). Boo! That's kinda like buying a car for your twelve year old's birthday or a bottle of booze for someone under 21 (U.S.), here's your gift! You can look at it, but you can't touch it. Big teaser! Maybe I am the only snooze on this premium gift procedure, but throwing out this info just in case. If I gift someone 15 energy, but they only have 10 energy unlocked, do they get 10 or 15? I believe they get 15, so along same thought process, my request is to waive the level requirement if the item is a premium gift.

Happy gaming everyone!

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Apr 12, 14 12:50 AM
LifeforceOne wrote:There is no fog penalty in HOP Ticker mode. Tap away... 7 Lifeforce Blvd

Well there's some news! I thought you were just crushing the leaderboard from all those years of Qbert/Asteroids The hop ticker makes me a nervous wreck, but if I can just click the heck out of the scene, maybe I'll do ok! Thanks for the info neighbor!

Happy gaming!
Dee
67 Chateau Mystique

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Apr 8, 14 11:55 PM
Rats! Well, thanks for taking the time to answer! Happy gaming!

Dee
67 Chateau Mystique

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Apr 8, 14 8:01 PM
Anyone know if there is a 'fog penalty' for too many mis-clicks on the split second puzzles? (The game where you must find the one difference between two pix of same scene).

Thanks!
Dee
67 Chateau Mystique

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Feb 7, 14 7:50 PM
Great thread! I am 44 yrs from Cincinnati, Ohio. My preteen/teen years were spent at the neighborhood arcade playing Ms. Pacman and Centipede, living off smarties and licorice ropes. Happy gaming everyone!

Dee
67 Chateau Mystique

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Jan 27, 14 11:39 PM
I could be wrong, but I seem to recall a contest to submit your manor in both day and night mode for use in promotional screenshots, etc and the winner was to receive both bragging rights and a secret exclusive item. I rarely go in FB, it's a very dangerous and angry place, but will dodge the bullets and tomato throwing complaints to try and confirm my foggy memory. Wish me luck.

Happy gaming!

Dee

67 Chateau Mystique

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Jan 22, 14 9:55 PM
LifeforceOne wrote:PTBT, I can't say that I blame you. The toxicity here and Facebook has reached alarming heights. You and others like you are a big reason I became hooked on DM as a newbie and were the template I followed in helping out others behind me. The friendly advice and atmosphere I enjoyed back then has largely been replaced by selfish whining, impatient bitching, and childish pouting. The sad truth is that the folks who poisoned this forum are some of the folks who need you most! DM 101 is this game's bible - a reference guide I've refered countless gamers to. It seems no good deed really does go unpunished sometimes. I am proud to be your friend as are many of the elder DM statesmen who know who they are. I do hope you change your mind. Please know you are appreciated by the, at times, all too silent majority. God bless. I'll see ya around... 7 Lifeforce Blvd

Well said and I too am among those neighbors who enjoyed this game so much more thanks to your generous advice and answers. I certainly think you have earned some time off, but I hope you know that the majority of DM players respect and value your help. Thanks for all of your time, patience, advice and encouragement!

Dee
67 Chateau Mystique

p.s. I often wonder, when I read ranting here and there, how blissfully perfect their life must be that a silly little game gets them in such a lather. If my 15 minutes of mindless entertainment got me that upset, I wouldn't invest more time complaining, I would just find a new game. Some people have real problems, right? Thanks again!

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Nov 8, 13 4:46 PM
Kappy528 wrote:I had the same issue. I closed and game and reopened. When I restarted, everything was back! Hope that works.

Thank you! I tried closing, powering off, but ended up doing the old fashioned iTunes sync, you remember, with the cable and laptop?! Powered off then voila! Yay! It had been a very long time since I transferred pix and purchases, etc. anyway and doing this helped in the past. Probably my fault taxing this poor iPad to it's limit. Now I see gifts and neighbors and loading time much improved. Thanks again for your help! Happy gaming!

Dee
67 Chateau Mystique

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Nov 7, 13 9:55 PM
Signed in tonight after the server maintenance to send out my gifts, but both the free and premium tabs on left side are blank! Game shows that I have five free daily gifts remaining, but no gifts to select. I also lost all of my received gifts. I expect a few to go missing as players go in and out of game, but not two pages worth of gifts. Especially when I can see those neighbors on gifting screen. Anyone else having this issue? My gifting guilt is already overflowing, soon I will be another day behind in reciprocating gifts to my generous neighbors!

Dee
67 Chateau Mystique

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Oct 16, 13 2:49 PM
Whoa...either I still have the flu and snoozed that last level up screen or the silver coin bonus just increased from 10,000 to 50,000!!! Not sure if it is level based (I am 52) or across the board. Either way, while I grumble about 2.3 million for next land expansion, this certainly helps (10 less Ch 10.4 games) get to that goal sooner and is much appreciated! Happy gaming!

Dee
67 Chateau Mystique

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Oct 14, 13 3:56 PM
Thanks to both of you for taking the time to post these questions! I was also getting a bit disgruntled (and whispering 'fixed' in my head) this weekend playing Ch. 10.4, over and over and over and out of several hours total playing one word scramble. It seemed like I triggered the lightning blitz most often when closing game and reopen ing or waiting for energy refill. To me, it felt like a 'test' to see if I had memorized object/placement to the point of not triggering the coveted, potentially highest scoring word scramble scenes. I also have not had a special group listing on my blitz scores, reassuring to know it's not just me. I think I saw a posting from LAmour also questioning this issue in the past few days. When you 'pay' over 200 gold for a premium scene, my expectation would be an increased # of the higher scoring type of puzzles and possibly slightly looser spin results too. BFG has been very generous with the post update objective awards, etc. so please don't take these comments as whining or complaining, just one player's humble and limited observations.

I was told by CS that the neighbor limit is 300 with new mgmt system. Hope to see that # increase in future too.

I look forward to an official response to xshoshin's $$$ attraction question, noticed that too.

Thanks again! I've said it before, you guys should be on the BF payroll!

Dee
67 Chateau Mystique

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator