Posts created by bunnydog

posted in Modern Tales: Age of Invention Collector's Edition on Apr 25, 18 6:30 PM
Like many other players, I would miss the Forums. While walkthroughs can provide some help, there have been times when I have had to depend on the advice of other players to solve a problem in a game. Their advice was usually more specific than what was on the walkthrough.

I hope this will not affect the reviews on games. I usually do read what other players have to say before purchasing a game. However, the reviews do not give information on what technical problems might occur in a game.

I have belonged to a number of forums and once a company dropped a forum, I found that the number of times I visited the website diminished, and in a couple of cases I just stopped buying from that company.

Unfortunately a company has to do what they think is in the best interest of the company. Big Fish may want to continue provide excellent customer service, but stopping the forum may be a step down.

Like other players, the demo would not load. Since installing it, another problem has arisen. I have gotten a notice for three different games saying that they need to be activated but I had previously already activated them. The games were: Phantasmat: Mournful Loch (which apparently did have an update), Ominous Objects: the Cursed Guards, and Spirits of Mystery: Illusion. Another thread mentioned that this had occurred to other players as well. Wondering if there is something wrong with the game manager. Has anyone else recently had the same problem?

posted in Dreamscapes: Nightmare's Heir on Feb 18, 15 9:05 PM
I am running Windows 7 on my laptop and was able to complete the game without any technical problems. Hope those of you who had trouble have been able to sort things out.

posted in Mystery Castle: The Mirror's Secret on Dec 21, 14 6:10 PM
When I tried to uninstall after doing a demo, I kept getting the message that the game was still running and I had to close it first, but I had quit the game! I went into task manage and it showed that the game was still running. I quit it again. Still could not uninstall it. Finally had to close down computer and re-start to be able to uninstall it for the third time.... with success. Have never had this kind of problem before.

I also couldn't get out of the scene at first, but I finally was able to move on. Click on where the clock is at the right side of the scene. It shows some sheet music behind glass. What I missed the first time was the flute! It is on the left side of the clock. Pick it up and then move to the section just above where the people are supposed to be playing different instruments. Give the flute to the man sitting near the front. Once he has his flute you will be able to continue.

posted in Tales of Terror: House on the Hill Collector's Edition on Jun 14, 14 8:30 PM
I was hesitant to buy when I read about the tech problems, so I waited until BFG let people know that a fix was available. I was able to download the game, play and complete the game (including bonus) without major problems. The game did seem a little slow at times and the map seemed to be missing some exclamation marks indicating that a task was available, but by using a hint I was able to move at a steady pace through the game. Only had to refer to the strategy guide once. Enjoyed playing the game.

I haven't had a lot of problems with the games from BFG. It is too bad that live chat is no longer an option, and it is frustrating to sometimes have to wait a day before getting a reply, but Big Fish has always responded to my concerns.

Take the mouse over to the island first and put it on the mouse portal. Go back and get the cabbage. Put it on the third portal. The mouse would eat the cabbage, so you have to take the mouse back to the pier. Pick up the cat and take it to the island, putting it on the first portal. Now go back and get the mouse again. All three portals should now open.

posted in The Great Gatsby: Secret Treasure on Feb 5, 14 5:52 AM
I found that for the screws on the vent in the bedroom you had to click on one screw to undo it and then the screwdriver would disappear back into the inventory. I ended up have to go back to the inventory in order to remove each of the four screws.

posted in The Great Gatsby: Secret Treasure on Feb 5, 14 5:34 AM
The ladder is directly below the lantern next to the oar.

posted in The Great Gatsby: Secret Treasure on Feb 5, 14 5:31 AM
If I remember correctly, the car keys should appear at the lower right hand corner of the screen. You click on them to access the map. It shows Judy's apartment, the gallery and the mansion. You click on the gallery to go there and continue with the game.

posted in The Torment of Whitewall on May 21, 13 7:55 AM
duhette wrote:Playing along, made into the town, over to Ester's house and then all of a sudden the game just quit. When I restarted the game I am basically stuck standing between the guard and the Count, my cursor does not change to allow me to do anything. Can't believe I just spent more money on another game that I can't play.

I had the same problem. I deleted and re-installed the game and had the same problem. Tried playing again using a different profile, but same thing happened. Then I read the walkthrough. When I got to Ester's house I checked the mailbox before doing the HOS and was able to continue with the game. Hope there won't be other problems. I sure don't want to have to check the walkthrough and then re-start the game again.

posted in Temple of Life: The Legend of Four Elements on Mar 25, 13 5:47 PM
skamosha wrote:When I finished the game and clicked "quit" on the main menu to exit the screen went completely black with my system cursor visible erratically in certain areas. No amount of clicking, ALT+TAB, CTRL+ALT+DEL made any difference. Had to remove the battery to shut down computer and then restart.......

I had the same problem, but I didn't even have the cursor showing. Just by luck, I hit the enter key and was able to exit the game and get back to my desktop with the game manager showing.

posted in Otherworld: Omens of Summer Collector's Edition on Feb 3, 13 5:11 PM
I'm in Canada and it only took about 9-10 minutes to download the game on my laptop (Windows XP). I have played the demo for 45 min. and did not encounter any problems. I hope everyone can get their problems solved because this looks like it is going to be a great game. It certainly is going on my "To Buy" list.

posted in Mystery Legends: The Phantom of the Opera on Nov 19, 11 4:42 PM
I was also disappointed with the ending. After getting all the black roses for the phantom, I would have thought he would have let her go! It would be interesting to see if there is a sequel and how the story line would be developed.

posted in Mystery Legends: Beauty and the Beast on Oct 22, 11 8:26 PM
bunnydog wrote:I'm running Vista on my pc and have load of available space. I wanted to demo Mystery Legends: Beauty and the Beast to make sure it would run on my computer and that things weren't too small or dark. I downloaded the game, which seemed to take forever. It finally went to validating/installing but never got past 20%. I finally ended up closing game manager. I then tried downloading Awakening: The Goblin Kingdom and the same thing happened. I decided to call it quits, but then noticed both icons on my desktop. I was briefly happy, thinking that I could now try the games. However, both gave me the message that my trial was over and invited me to buy the games. I didn't even get a minute of play time with either of them!!! Has this happened to anyone else? Being the start of the weekend, I am not going to bother contacting support. What is really strange is that last night I was able to demo three different games without any problems. Maybe some "goblins" have invaded my computer??? Bunnydog

Update: I searched the forums and found the suggestion of deleting the program and re-installing it. I knew that could be done when a person was having trouble while playing a game, but never thought it would solve my problem. I went ahead and tried, and the game was able to download so that I could play the demo. It was as if the "trial expired" message hadn't existed. Played for nearly 45 minutes before deciding to buy the game. Sure hope I don't run into any other problems!

posted in Awakening: The Goblin Kingdom on Oct 21, 11 10:25 PM
Well, I did some searching and found the suggestion to delete and then re-install the game. I was really surprised to find that the "trial expired" comment had disappeared and I was able to demo the game. I was able to play for 45 minutes and had enough information to help me decide to buy the game. I just hope I don't run into any other problems! Now I'll try to see if I can do the same to Mystery Legends: Beauty and the Beast.

posted in Mystery Legends: Beauty and the Beast on Oct 21, 11 7:54 PM
I'm running Vista on my pc and have load of available space. I wanted to demo Mystery Legends: Beauty and the Beast to make sure it would run on my computer and that things weren't too small or dark. I downloaded the game, which seemed to take forever. It finally went to validating/installing but never got past 20%. I finally ended up closing game manager. I then tried downloading Awakening: The Goblin Kingdom and the same thing happened. I decided to call it quits, but then noticed both icons on my desktop. I was briefly happy, thinking that I could now try the games. However, both gave me the message that my trial was over and invited me to buy the games. I didn't even get a minute of play time with either of them!!! Has this happened to anyone else? Being the start of the weekend, I am not going to bother contacting support. What is really strange is that last night I was able to demo three different games without any problems. Maybe some "goblins" have invaded my computer??? Bunnydog

posted in Awakening: The Goblin Kingdom on Oct 21, 11 7:47 PM
I'm running Vista on my pc and have loads of available space. I wanted to demo Awakening: The Goblin Kingdom. It seemed to take forever to download, but it finally finished and went on to validating/installing. Never got past 20%. I finally gave up and closed game manager. Tried downloading another game.... same problem. Then I noticed both icons on my desktop. "Great!", I thought, but I was mistaken. Both games gave me the message that my trial period was up and invited me to buy the game. Since I didn't get even a minute of play, why would I buy the game? Has this happened to anyone else? Any suggestions? Thanking you in advance, bunnydog.

posted in Halloween: Trick or Treat on Oct 20, 11 7:17 PM
I usually try to play for the whole hour demo before deciding whether or not to put a game on my wish list. However, I had to quit after 15 minutes. The junk pile style of hidden objects just doesn't appeal to me. I quickly found the "yeah" cheer that was made whenever I found a candy cane to be quite annoying. I can see how that might appeal to children though. I found it rather odd that you had to look for candy canes.... they are something I associate with Christmas, not Hallowe'en. Is that a Hallowe'en treat that is common to other areas? (I'm in Canada.) I'm glad to hear that the game is bringing pleasure to others, but it is not a game for me. Thanks to those people who listed other games with a Hallowe'en theme.... going to check some of them out soon.

posted in Millennium Secrets: Roxanne's Necklace on Sep 25, 11 7:10 PM
I have just finished playing Millennium Secrets: Roxanne's Necklace and enjoyed it as much as the first one Millennium Secrets: Emerald Curse. I like the main character in the game - Kate as well as the supporting characters. I have to admit that I skipped several of the puzzles... they were challenging and I wanted to find out how the story developed. I like how you can go back and play the puzzles again, which I now intend to do. I really like how the developers included a map so that you can move quickly back to previous screens. Some of the hidden objects were hard to see (for me), but the hints button refreshed quickly so it wasn't frustrating in any way. I loved the cut scenes... quite realistic looking. The ending implied that there could be a sequel. Does anyone have any information about that possiblity? I would certainly want to continue my adventures with Kate.

Thanks for a great game!

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator