Posts created by IYBAKH

posted in 1 Moment of Time: Silentville on Sep 7, 12 5:56 PM
The game hung during a hidden object scene. It was in the Police Station in the first room. It was the scene where the pink piggy bank is in a safe. I was to take the hammer and break the piggy bank amd collect the Spare Change. The hammer would not break the piggy bank. It just stopped at the safe's open door. I could not pick it up again. I reinstalled the game, but it did not fix the problem. I then moved on to another scene. When I pressed the "Hint" button, it took me right back to the Police Station. I could not move forward in the game.

This is one more glitch that needs to be fixed. After reading the problems others are having with this game, It sounds like the developers need to "up their game" if they're going to compete in this market..

If there is no solution to my problem, I'd like to request a complimentary coupon from BFG. Thank you.

posted in Hidden Expedition: The Uncharted Islands on Aug 23, 12 3:43 PM
I was very disappointed in this game. There was a lack of continuity in the story line. Hidden objects were difficult to find. I spent too much time trying to navigate the game. The hint system was inconsistent. Some puzzles were manageable, but for some, there was no skip button. I finally resorted to the walkthrough, and even then, I found it difficult to follow. I have all the other "Hidden Expedition" games -- some are quite good; others need a "tune up." This one needs more than a tune up -- it needs a major overhaul!

posted in Dark Strokes: Sins of the Fathers on Aug 13, 12 5:16 PM
This is an excellent game! I couldn't stop playing, not even for lunch! The story engaged the player from the very beginning; had easy to medium-hard minigames; and voice- overs at the beginning and the end. Other times you read the dialogue. Graphics and music were superb! This is one of the best games (and longest) I've played -- over 7 hours! The hint button was very helpful. I liked the "big eye" rather than the sparkles to direct you to a hidden object scene. Just a nice change. I used the walkthrough only twice. **** Games is difinitely considering the player in their design of games! Thanks to both you and BFG.

What a beautiful, creative, interactive game this is! It kept you busy! To gain more hints, you had to shoot the "bad guys." The only neg\ative to the entire game was the continual parade of "bad guys." I was tired of being interrupted so frequently. It was fun at first, but became more and more annoying as the game went on.
The graphics were very special -- beautiful colors, jeweled items, etc. There were many surprises as the game progressed. I was happy I bought the CE version. I assume this is a new development team. Either way, I was impressed!

posted in Spirit Seasons: Little Ghost Story on Aug 10, 12 11:46 AM
I played the game in casual mode, but will replay it in the more difficult one in a few months. The story was engaging; game was fairly easy in casual mode; liked the option of choosing two different endings; music was somewhat annoying; hint system was very helpful. Worth the money!

posted in The Fall Trilogy: Chapter 1 on Aug 8, 12 12:03 PM
My husband and I make a good team on this type of game. It was hard work, but yet compelling enough for us to keep going. Sometimes the hint button was on, but in a few critical places, we had to find the answers ourselves. We did use the walkthrough 3 times towards the end of the game. I guess our brains were worn out! We're looking forward to #2, but will take a break and play some less intense games before we return to Trilogy 2. I commend the developers for giving us several options to fit our preferences, e.g. 360o or not; casual or hard game, etc.

posted in Skyborn on Aug 6, 12 11:24 AM
In Skyborn, RFG is mentioned several times. What does it mean?

posted in Skyborn on Aug 6, 12 11:20 AM
What is a RPG game? It is mentioned several times in the forum.

Thanks, IYBAKH

posted in Tearstone on Aug 5, 12 1:30 PM
Excellent and engaging game! There were so many parts to it, but it flowed well and ended with no loose ends. The HOG scenes were original and it took some time to understand the process. Hints were all right, but there were areas where I wanted and needed more help. I did use the walkthrough twice.

Some of the puzzles were solved by pure luck! I liked the goal setting part and as each goal was achieved, a check mark would indicate that it was met. My husband and I usually play these games together, He is strong in analytical and problem solving skills. I'm strong in relationship skills. Therefore, we complement each other in playing a game such as "Tearstone."

posted in Mystery Trackers: Black Isle on Jul 30, 12 9:47 AM
We enjoyed the game. Spotting differences was new and fun to play. I liked the hint system. Rather than just an arrow, it gave you good directions as to where to go and what to do. With that so well done, a SG was not necessary. There was lots of back and forth play, but for me, it just made the game more interactive. I didn't care for the surprise ending. It's not the way I expected the story to end, Do I have to buy the CE to bring closure to the story?

posted in Haunted Manor: Queen of Death Collector's Edition on Jul 22, 12 1:20 PM
I found this game very intriguing; interactive; mysterious -- just what I like! The graohics were supurb. Personally I like the sparkles -- it focuses my attention and I can move more smoothly and rapidly through the game. Some of the puzzles were challenging. There is a "Skip" option but first, I enjoy trying to figure them out. I'm buying more and more of the Collector's Editions. As in this game, I found the SG was very useful and convenient to use. I didn't have to search for a Walkthrough.

I've been anticipating this game and I wasn't disapponted! It had quite an intensive, comprehensive story line with the added benefit of great graphics, mystery, suspense, music, many unique characters, and lots of surprises! I was glad I bought the CE as I had to refer to it quite often. I was rushed to finish the game. Otherwise, I'd have put more "brain power" into it and not depended so much on the SG. Thanks to **** and BFG

posted in Voodoo Whisperer: Curse of a Legend Collector's Edition on Jul 11, 12 12:21 PM
Well-paced game; very interactive; unusual story; creative hint system; liked the integrated SG. Ending left me hanging. Perhaps there is another sequel being developed. Highly recommend this game! Thanks to Gogii and BFG!

Another excellent game from ERS Studios! Very creative and engaging story. Beautiful graphics, voiceovers, and unlimited hints. Very interactive with a number of delightful surprises when you least expect them! This developer really knows the audience and consistenly rates high on the satisfaction scale.

Vast Studios came through again! This was an outstanding game with a generous hint system; ability to skip puzzles if necessary; a gripping story; voiceovers; and amazing graphics. We couldn't stop playing until we finished the game. That's a sign of an excellent game! Vast is one of my favorite developers! They keep the player in mind when designing games. Thanks to Vast and to BFG!

posted in Timeless: The Forgotten Town on Jul 3, 12 1:34 PM
Very interactive; intriguing story; WT available (find it under Forum); hidden objects were correct period in time which made it more realistic; some difficult puzzles did not have a SKIP option. Played it straight through, probably 5-6 hours in length. Would play it again at some time!

posted in Mystery of the Ancients: Lockwood Manor on Jul 2, 12 4:07 PM
Game played smoothly; generous hint system; suspenseful story. Lots of interactive scenes; pleasant music. Well done!

posted in Awakening: The Goblin Kingdom Collector's Edition on Jun 29, 12 5:20 PM
This is a beautiful, fun, relaxing game - the third one in the "Awakening" series. I played the first two and decided to get the third one without even going through the demo. I knew it would be a winner! The beautiful music provided a nice background. The puzzles and minigames were new, different, and doable.. I couldn't leave my computer, I was so enthralled with the story. The Boom Zap developers have listened to the game players and I thank them for an outstanding job! : :
:

posted in Golden Trails 2: The Lost Legacy on Jun 27, 12 5:02 PM
I enjoyed this one as much as the first one. However, two is enough for me! The story's flow is broken by too many HOG scenes. And, many of the objects are hard to see. But, it's a fun game, particularly the way you collect hints. By the time I had finished the game, I had 65 hints left over! It's a fresh change from the dark and gloomy mystery games (which I also like).

posted in Golden Trails 2: The Lost Legacy on Jun 27, 12 5:00 PM
I enjoyed this one as much as the first one. However, two is enough for me! The story's flow is broken by too many HOG scenes. And, many of the objects are hard to see. But, it's a fun game, particularly the way you collect hints. By the time I had finished the game, I had 65 hints left over! It's a fresh change from the dark and gloomy mystery games (which I also like).

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator