Posts created by crystalstorm

posted in Drawn™: Trail of Shadows Collector's Edition on Oct 22, 11 9:58 AM
MargieB wrote:
crystalstorm wrote:So disappointed by this as this is one of my favourite series . I thought I had it (the 1st painting) coloured correctly but nothing was happening so I checked where the hint told me to (the right side of page in book). I found that I had made one error and that was that I had coloured all of the grass green when it appears there should be a white section in the middle. Does anyone have suggestions or ideas how can this be corrected? Or is this another dreaded Glitch? I realize that I could start again with new user name which at this point wouldn't be a huge deal but I wouldn't want to have to start all over every time I make this type of mistake. I am sleep deprived at present so I have a feeling someone is going to have a very simple solution for this that I'll be smucking my forehead for a while . I will be so disappointed if there's not an easy fix, I won't buy something already broken . Happy Playing to All in the Pond!

You can just paint over a color with the new color of your choice.

The grass is all green, the areas that are supposed to be white can't be filled in.

There are 3 sets of butterflies to paint, the small one at the bottom and the 2 sets in the sky...just wanted to make sure that this detail was not missed.

Copy and paste this link in your address bar to view the correct colors:

http://blog-assets.bigfishgames.com/Walkthroughs/Drawn-Trail-of-Shadows-Collectors-Edition/drawn-trail-of-shadows013.jpg

There is also a new build with some updates for the game that was posted this morning. Re-install the game to get the update if you need it.

If nothing works, you may want to contact customer support.

Hope this helps.

MargieB

Hi Margie ,

Thanks so much for taking the time to respond....I was hoping to get my 2nd post in before that happened...we must have been typing at the same time . It was as I thought...up too long . However, the only thing that really helped me (at the time) was the walkthrough. Feel free to let me know what you think of what I had to say about the walkthrough/SG, I read your comments daily and respect your opinons and since I don't often post about such things, I would appreciate hearing from you, PM if you'd like. Karen

posted in Drawn™: Trail of Shadows Collector's Edition on Oct 22, 11 9:41 AM
crystalstorm wrote:So disappointed by this as this is one of my favourite series . I thought I had it (the 1st painting) coloured correctly but nothing was happening so I checked where the hint told me to (the right side of page in book). I found that I had made one error and that was that I had coloured all of the grass green when it appears there should be a white section in the middle. Does anyone have suggestions or ideas how can this be corrected? Or is this another dreaded Glitch? I realize that I could start again with new user name which at this point wouldn't be a huge deal but I wouldn't want to have to start all over every time I make this type of mistake. I am sleep deprived at present so I have a feeling someone is going to have a very simple solution for this that I'll be smucking my forehead for a while . I will be so disappointed if there's not an easy fix, I won't buy something already broken . Happy Playing to All in the Pond!

[b]Warning: Try not to play after being up over 24 hrs!
Still smucking lol myself in the forehead. When I checked the page in the book I saw what was most noticeable, natural thing to do, right? I went back in and tried to fix it, no luck, so I quit to save time if a solution came in and that's when I noticed that there is already a walkthrough. If I hadn't checked the walkthrough I'd still be stuck. This part is bothering me so I'm letting you know what I think. The pic in the walkthrough does NOT look like the one on the game! I do not nit pic about minor differences but in this case it's not minor as the page on the right side in the book is what we are supposed to refer to for help...let me just say I'm glad I didn't ask them for directions on how to get home. Once I saw the pic in the walkthrough I realized the things I had been trying to fix to match the pic in the game wasn't my problem at all. At first I was rather inquisitive and happy that the SG was different and original but if we have misguided clues the new SG doesn't help us much. I'm sorry to rain on many people's parade but IMHO no matter how good the game is, it's not worth the CE price when you can't even get answers you need. So I'll have all 3 in the series but only 2 will be CE's.
Thank you and my apologies if you took time to read this to find that there really is no answer to my question, except use every colour available until all stop changing. Karen

posted in Drawn™: Trail of Shadows Collector's Edition on Oct 22, 11 8:29 AM
So disappointed by this as this is one of my favourite series . I thought I had it (the 1st painting) coloured correctly but nothing was happening so I checked where the hint told me to (the right side of page in book). I found that I had made one error and that was that I had coloured all of the grass green when it appears there should be a white section in the middle. Does anyone have suggestions or ideas how can this be corrected? Or is this another dreaded Glitch? I realize that I could start again with new user name which at this point wouldn't be a huge deal but I wouldn't want to have to start all over every time I make this type of mistake. I am sleep deprived at present so I have a feeling someone is going to have a very simple solution for this that I'll be smucking my forehead for a while . I will be so disappointed if there's not an easy fix, I won't buy something already broken . Happy Playing to All in the Pond!

I believe the reason developers put the scores section in is so players can play against themselves...see if they improve...or not and also if there are multiple family members playing, it can add to the fun IMHO. I've seen players get excited when this is added and I think it's a great idea!

I just want to say THANK YOU to all of you who take the time to post such great detailed reviews and others who add their own bits of info. I used to post more often but noticed that by the time I played the games everything had already been said and I really had nothing of value to offer. I have my FAVS, I never question there reviews but it's always nice to read what others have to offer. If I didn't have Favs to follow I would be quite confused by some reviews for Beauty and the Beast. Some say there are too many **** scenes and not enough adventure...others are saying the opposite and this is quite important to me as I prefer more Adventure, less **** scenes. The other points that have opposite opinions are quite common but for some reason there seems to be more in disagreement for this particular game??
I do LOVE this game (only played the demo) as it is quite unique in the adventure scenes. It's not as simple as some, where you find a key, shovel, etc. and you know pretty much where to use them in the previous or next scene. This game really keeps you on your toes and yes...using hints here and there simply because of the thought put into the creation of this game and it being so different. It is quite refreshing. The only thing I found a bit annoying was in the **** scenes, so many items were very small or not size appropriate . As far as the SG goes, I didn't mind that it didn't give step by step instructions....helps keep the brain cells working as it gives you clues to ponder. The map I found or will find useful just to make sure I haven't forgotten something. I will be purchasing the CE but will wait until Oct. as it will help me to fill a punch card.
Thanks again to my fellow Fishies and to BF! Happy Gaming to All Fishies in the Pond

posted in Rescue Frenzy on Sep 22, 11 12:03 PM
I was REALLY looking forward to this game as there are not enough in this TM, Strategy Building genre....WOW, that was a mouthful. However, I WON'T purchase this one only for the reason so many others have mentioned...TOO SLOW!! I have never played any game, in any genre where it continually took so long in between levels. I really don't understand how it made it to release.
I would like to know, as well as mom68, what the two fellow fishies are running to have escaped this irritation. Other cons were difficulty keeping focus on what remained to be fixed, the instant start and keeping track of supplies needed but would have purchased if these were the only problems.
I have read in other forums the suggestion that these types of games really should become their own genre and be named accordingly and am just adding that I agree with this idea but I'm not sure what can be done to help this come about.
Happy gaming for those of you who enjoyed it and purchased.

posted in Virtual Villagers: New Believers on May 9, 11 1:36 PM
I beat the master builder at the building game and she did not convert or drop the piece to the necklace?? anyone know why or have any hints?

posted in Virtual Villagers: New Believers on May 8, 11 6:41 AM
Thanks!! Some patience helped! Now i have enough tech points!

posted in Virtual Villagers: New Believers on May 7, 11 5:27 PM
Im just wondering if there is any benefit to spending energy on buying new clothes?

posted in Virtual Villagers: New Believers on May 6, 11 2:56 PM
Right now im trying to dismantle the knowing totem...however my divine energy is only 335 which doesnt give me enough resources to keep them away long enough to get very far..my population is 35 but i cant make more babies cause i dont have enough housing but there are no more houses around for me to build...im not sure what else i can do??? any suggestions??

posted in Virtual Villagers: New Believers on May 4, 11 6:19 PM
lol...now they r collecting points i i didnt even know i was going to need those points before the sculpture. It's all coming together now...thanks!

posted in Virtual Villagers: New Believers on May 4, 11 3:05 PM
Thankyou so much for the tip but i think its a glitch in the game...my tech points will not exceed 99

posted in Virtual Villagers: New Believers on May 3, 11 8:46 PM
Hi Guys, this is my first time playing this game and im a little stuck...i got as far as restoring the hand statue and just before finishing it said i need more tech points to continue restoring. How do i get more???

posted in House, M.D. on Jan 20, 11 7:40 AM
Just want to say that House is my favourite series and if the game even tries to come close it will be a buy for me. Probably a poor reason to purchase but what can I say except 'Hooked on House' lol! Happy gaming to all fishies, House fans or not.

posted in Hexus on Jan 11, 11 11:15 PM
(cont'd) The second thing is the name 'Mouse' as it is strange to be reading about Egypt and at the same time picturing a fury little critter or as others thought of, a hard control device for computers. I didn't play very far in the demo so it may very well come out later as to why you chose this name for that particular character. If not is there not another Egyptian name with a similar meaning that could be used instead? That way you keep your basic idea without confusing the players. As for the term 'My Lord' I'm glad you worded it that way to allow you to keep true to the Egyptian theme and it is educational for those (including myself) who didn't know that females as well as males were considered 'Kings'. I don't know the first thing about programing games but thought that a way to help people make sense of it (understand) a bit would be to use gendre related terms in other parts of the dialogue e.g. she/they or vice versa or a term of royalty. Many people are interested in the storyline and in historical facts and IMHO feel that if you keep making these "little" changes, your original story may get lost. I know many people brought up this issue and in no way am I criticising your thoughts and opinions, just trying to see if there's a possible, reasonable compromise.
I had this straight in my head as I was playing but the game after-party sure must have put thinking straight to an end. lol
Thanks again Eugene and .
crystalstorm

posted in Hexus on Jan 11, 11 10:23 PM
First, I also want to thank you Eugene for joining our forum today, others have done this but myself have not experienced any who were so diligent and responded to almost every comment as you have done. It's really nice to know that you listen to our opinions and show such a high level of concern.
I read the comments before I play and knew before I tried the demo that I was going to buy your game as soon as I saw that there were three pages of comments. As a general rule I have found (especially in this genre) that many don't bother to comment very much, good or bad.
I have found this game to be unique, challenging, pleasant, educational, interesting and fun (dressing the avatars and building the city). Wow, I could go on for quite some time but I'm sure everyone's picked up on that. So many little things that made such a big difference.
I think there's ONLY two small changes that could improve on it IMHO. I wish that during the introduction we had the additional choice of being able to move through it at our own speed Instead of following at a slow pace or skipping it entirely. I like to read it to learn the storyline and historical tidbits but I also don't like wasting time after I'm finished reading. (cont'd)

posted in Frogs vs Storks on Jan 10, 11 2:32 PM
Well this is 2X first for me. I've never been the first (and looks like only) member to comment on a game and it's also the first time I've demoed a game in this genre. As far as options go some cons I remember are that there is no volume control, it's either on or off and for those who like games that are timed I don't believe this was available. The pros- it does have options for widescreen and stretch screen (I'm sure that will make many fishies happy)!
As for the game itself IMHO I'm not sure that it's listed under the right genre. I have played strategy games and it would seem to fit well there as the further you go the more strategic moves are important. All considered I thought the game was cute and was getting challenging as the demo ended. Not a game to play if you just want to chill your brain (even thought it appears that way). I will probably buy it one day...hopefully as a DD. I'd give it 3 + as it was unique. I'd recommend at least giving it a try. Happy gaming everyone!

Edited to add that I must be very slow at reviewing, When I started there were no other posts listed. My apologies to all,

posted in Tropical Fish Shop 2 on Jan 9, 11 7:22 PM
gimmegames wrote:The game ran for me, but not entirely smoothly. The transitions to hidden object scenes were black screens that made me wonder if the game had frozen. The hidden object scenes themselves ran a bit clunky for me.
I had the exact same problems. I found sometimes if I hit the Ctrl or the Alt key that would help kick it into gear but still not fast enough for this to be a buy for me. Otherwise I really enjoyed the game. Happy Gaming to all who do enjoy!!

posted in Westward III: Gold Rush on Nov 19, 10 5:15 PM
Hi Everone, this is the first game in this genre that I am going to purchase (or even tried) and think I would really enjoy. However, I have played about 30 minutes of the game after reading comments from the original comment section and info availabe in the game and I'm not getting anywhere. I managed to collect the 100 wood, start the one guy chopping wood and sent my main character to collect food and gold. I had only gotten 1 food bush and 1 gold then the game automatically took me to an area with trees surrounding a cleared area and the guy that was chopping wood looks like a scarecrow and it won't let me move away from this area (a big hint that something needs to be done here). There is a new character 'a new citizen' that I've managed to get into this area but can't seem to get him to do anything. His character at the bottom has 4 icons, saws (build), a hammer (repair), hire employee and quit job.I have clicked on everything in different orders and when I click on him he says 'do ya need something done?'. PLEASE, ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED. I want to purchase this game but if I can't figure out even the basics it would just be a waste of money. Feel free to PM me. Thanks and happy gaming to all you intelligent fishies.

posted in Season Match on Nov 15, 10 6:22 AM
Hi burgatto,

I've played both 1 & 2 and demoed the 3rd and I've had no problems. I noticed this is your first post...WELCOME TO THE POND! You could try uninstalling and reinstall again, this fixes quite a few quirky things (especially since 2 seemed to work well for you. If that doesn't work contact BF's Customer Support. they are very good at tech issues. BTW I'm running windows 7 and it's usually the OS that seems to have the most problems.

Hope all works out well,
crystalstorm

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator