Posts created by Bigbrowndog

posted in Art Mahjongg Egypt on Apr 21, 13 3:34 AM
What a horrible, mind numbingly awful game..... dreadful music, no game play, very basic mahjongg with nothing to interest you at all - big no,no I'm afraid

posted in Fallen: The Flowers of Evil on Jan 2, 13 3:32 AM
Nope, didn't do it for me at all. Found it very repetitive going back to the same areas to do the same search in the HOGS - this just says to me that the dev's are resting on what laurels they have and haven't really tried. I found the HOGS very simple and the puzzles very simple - maybe I'm getting a bit jaded and looking for something else.....

Nevermind, if we all felt the same it would be a boring world. If you are enjoying this then good on you and everyone, have a happy new year and hope that 2013 is better than 2012

posted in Campgrounds on Apr 24, 12 10:56 AM
Yep, similar problems - had to change the cursor and even then horribly jerky and in the end gave up as everything was going so slowly. Might have been a nice game but too many issues for me

Yep, sound died for me - broken record effect which was highly annoying. Had to change from custom cursor as it was extremely slow and jerky. Got an access error when I got as far as the 3 locks and the book so won't be buying this - shame as it could have been a nice game and I was enjoying but......

posted in Monument Builders: Titanic on Mar 27, 12 10:54 AM
Why is this ok? This is exactly the same as the Eiffel Tower game even with the French music to begin with on each 'chapter'. Very disappointing - can't the developers be bothered to put a bit of effort in to a new game. Won't be buying this one that's for sure

posted in Egypt: Secret of five Gods on Mar 13, 12 1:24 PM
Tech support got back really quickly and I fiddled abit with my computer. Got it to download finally but now I have the same problem as others with pixilation and flashing images. Obviously not destined to have this game and will ask for a refund. Thanks Techies (Emily) but.....

posted in Egypt: Secret of five Gods on Mar 13, 12 11:45 AM
Should have known not to buy this - it came up as 'trial expired' so I bought after reading reviews and I love this kind of game. Now it won't download and comes up with an error message. Just messaged Customer Support so hopefully will get it sorted out

posted in Mystery Agency: Visions of Time on Mar 12, 12 7:12 AM
Yep, I got the blank white screen as well. Going to uninstall now and probably not bother to reinstall..... what a pity....

posted in Otherworld: Spring of Shadows Collector's Edition on Jan 22, 12 9:29 AM
Yep, similar problem to other peeps in that all I get is music and a white screen with a silver cursor in the middle; - not much good really and obviously a problem as so many people are having it to the point where it hasn't actually been reviewed yet!!

Oh well, back to playing something else then.....

posted in Monument Builders: Eiffel Tower on Dec 28, 11 9:03 AM
Yep, despite what everyone else seems to be saying I liked it as well. Got a couple of tokens coming next month so may be tempted to use one of them!!

Viva la difference......

posted in Mountain Crime: Requital on Dec 12, 11 9:31 AM
Nope it's not for me. I'm so fed up with starting out with a car and then when I saw the 'animation' that was enough. It's not laughable, it's just bad. There may be a good story but I'm not seeing it - maybe next time......

Anyone looking for an absorbing, long and very difficult game (even with the integrated strategy help) - this is the one for you. Forget all the moans about the 'morphing' objects - it's different that's all. It's a nice change from just purely HOG's as far as I'm concerned. The strategy help was great but I still needed to refer to the help in the forum.

I've finally managed to finish it but have found out there's an integrated extra that I didn't know about so I'll go back and have another look.

This is a game which just keeps on giving so definitely worth the C.E.

Enjoy

posted in Mystery Stories: Mountains of Madness on Nov 19, 11 3:43 AM
Lord of the Rings soundtrack anyone??

posted in Drawn™: Trail of Shadows Collector's Edition on Oct 29, 11 6:12 AM
What a thoroughly charming and lovely game - absolutely beautiful graphics - even the shaky thing has an appeal although easy to turn off should you wish to. it's so nice to get a game that is gentle and relatively challenging at the same time - all of the Drawn games have been excellent but this one is the best by far - would definitely recommend

posted in Farm Frenzy: Viking Heroes on Sep 25, 11 8:01 AM
I'm seconding everyone here. As amusing as the little man was the first time I saw him, he got very tiring - after thirty minutes I had played three actual games. There's no good having loads of levels if it would take an eternity to play them!

Just a thought, but does anyone in BFG actually play these games before they put them out?

Yep, downloaded full of expectation then the game wouldn't even open. Uninstalled and tried again with no joy - what a shame.... I would agree that there do seem to be a number of glitches with games coming out now. Surely it is better to wait until the issues are solved before putting them out - it's great getting a demo but ultimately, people want to buy but won't if they are put off by unending problems.

posted in Phantasmat Collector's Edition on Jan 6, 11 10:40 AM
Y'see, this one just doesn't work for me. Maybe I'm getting a bit jaded from all the recent C.E.'s involving cars and wondering about aimlessly from one screen to another then trying to remember where you should be putting something. I know that's part of the fun but there have been so many similar games lately it's like developers have got a bit lazy and thought well we've got a winner with this so we'll just keep doing the same thing.

I think (for what it's worth) that there should be a variety of games that come out on BF - not a whole run of similar games. I'm like many others and get drawn into buying C.E.'s then generally wishing I hadn't as the re-play of them is often negligable and at the price of them I want to play them a few times and get some value in them.

Yes, I know it all sounds a bit negative and it's not meant to be. No doubt, and obviously from all of the feedback, a lot of people really like this game and good on you but this one's not for me and I'll wait until something different comes out and try not to waste my credits

posted in Mystery Age: The Dark Priests on Nov 27, 10 10:10 AM
Hi all, this is my first post (!!) but I've relied on all your comments a great deal to make decisions in the past. I just wanted to say that I really liked this game. If you're wondering about the length then be assured that you will be around for a while - it's one of the longer games that I've played so definitely worth it.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator