Posts created by pidgie65

posted in Rescue Team 7 Collector's Edition on Jun 15, 17 9:14 AM
thanks jules!

posted in Rescue Team 7 Collector's Edition on Jun 14, 17 11:55 PM
Hi, I'm new to the Rescue Team series. I was wondering what the result of upgrading is. When I upgrade I still seem to receive the same amount of money/product over the same amount of time. I can't find any instructions in the game, can someone give me a clue (also about anything else you can think of for someone new to the series)?

Thanks!

Hi, it's pretty misleading. The lake is at the top of the screen, but you only see tracks in the sand, it's not the water at the lower right of the screen.

I also suspect there is a glitch. I played the whole level until I had both magnifying glasses and then I clicked on the lake one first and the other one (the one further along the road out of town) second and it worked.

Good luck!

posted in Letter Quest: Remastered on Oct 5, 15 1:04 AM
I think someone at BFG might have posted the wrong game for this category. This game has been available on this site for a year.

[Removed by Moderator]

[Removed by Moderator]

Janette5 wrote:
What I didn't like: With certain tasks they shake the screen. I hate that - I don't know why developers think anyone would enjoy seeing their screen shake in a game - it's horrible. Fortunately it doesn't happen too often. It's a game designed to keep you busy, so you need a whole lot of resources for the tasks and you are going to spend the majority of the game just collecting resources for the final obstacle or two. I get bored very quickly when I'm just doing the same repetitive motion - get food, get food, get food, okay, get golden tooth, get food, get food, get food ... you see, this is what the game is like.

Very much what you said, Janette.

I enjoy strategy in a time management game, not continuous clicking to pick up resources. It's a cheap device that means you spend most of your time being a supply drone instead of figuring out how best to allocate resources and complete tasks in the least amount of time. I prefer to build my factories and then concentrate on keeping my supplies in mind while strategizing.

It's a shame because I think the clear graphics are very pleasant to look at and the storyline isn't offensive.

Furthermore, the constant clicking and minor mouse movements make this a no-buy for people like me, who use their computer for a living and have to be constantly on the alert for RSI in their arms and shoulders.

All this said, this has no business being a collector's edition. Most collector's editions don't have any business being collector's editions, but this is absolutely absurd. Bilking loyal customers out of money for nothing is no way to go through life, son.

posted in Gnomes Garden on Aug 20, 15 1:28 AM
Every time there's a charming time management game, it's so buggy it can't be played. Mine froze on level 8 - click to start - good luck with that.

I'm glad I decided to play to the end of the demo because what was going to be "an immediate buy" turned into a "not buying at all".

Really a shame, it's a nice little game, but it wasn't ready for release.

After the update, I made it to a gate, where the game crashed again. Truly disgusted.

Terrible. I thought I was one of the lucky few, but no, my computer crashed in the Queen's chambers.

Unapologetically running XP.

I'll be expecting a refund if a patch isn't made available pronto.

posted in Shiver: The Lily's Requiem Collector's Edition on Feb 1, 15 2:14 AM
steve_san wrote:
Requiem Borders On Lilies - Literally

Setting: You are Dr. Robert Thompson, returning to the town of Blackwill (uh-oh!) after being away for 17 years. There is a legend that a creature once roamed this town causing women to fall into a catatonic state ... a young redhead named Beatrice seeks you out. Her mother was Kat(atonic) Stanley, a patient whose case you could never cure.

posted in ReignMaker on Jan 12, 15 11:29 PM
Actually, I have a tip for all developers. If you want to attract discerning gamers to try your games, it's probably best to refrain from padding out the reviews with five-star reviews by "gamers" that are obviously in some way connected to the developer.

Picking an example from thin air, for this game, four of the eight five-star reviews have left only two reviews on the entire Big Fish site, one for this game and one for Tower of Elements, another Frogdice game. Two of them read like testimonials you might see for a product advertised on late-night television.

When I see things like this - and I do look, because reviews by people who are actual members of this site influence my decision whether or not to demo a game - I make it a policy to entirely avoid the game and the developer. This kind of conduct creates a lose-lose situation: I miss out on what might be one or more nice games, and the developer loses a promising customer forever.

posted in Northern Tale 4 on Aug 3, 14 3:28 AM
Thanks a million, I'll give it a try. I fed him a bunch of times, but my timing must have been off.

posted in Northern Tale 4 on Aug 2, 14 2:52 AM
I cannot figure out what they mean by trick Fenrir. I feed him repeatedly and the timer just keeps going. I don't know what they mean by feed him until the timer runs out. I've noticed that when the "fenrir timer" runs out, it becomes less expensive to feed him (25 units instead of 30).

Any help or suggestions? Thanks!

posted in Imperial Island: Birth of an Empire on Aug 20, 13 1:46 AM
While Match 3 is one of my least-favourite genres, there have been a small handful of games that are very appealing because of the thought put into them and the twist they offer on traditional Match 3 game play. With these games, you can tell the developers love what they do and try to engage the player completely. This is one of those games.

I played the full demo on the terrific non-timed relaxed mode. The sounds are - and I don't use this word lightly - charming, and I liked the look of the graphics. I never listen to music while playing so I can't comment on that.

I could play this game for a bit without it becoming tedious (the hour-long trial flew by) or without becoming annoyed by the storyline, which in other Match 3 games always seems to involve rescuing fantasy creatures or princesses or whatnot. This game is calm and very appealing. There's 'just something about it'. I would recommend it to people who generally dislike the genre or who want a refreshing change from overly dramatic storylines without having game play quickly devolve into boredom.

posted in When In Rome on Aug 19, 13 2:31 AM
gmmace wrote:One thing that is kind of nice about this game, once you've reached your goal of an item, e.g., 5 loaves of bread, you can turn around and sell them without it cancelling out that completed goal. I don't think I've seen that before.

Times of Vikings has this feature, too. I had never seen it before that game, but maybe someone else knows more titles with that feature.

posted in Clockwork Tales: Of Glass and Ink Collector's Edition on Aug 10, 13 8:05 AM
luvmigame wrote:Hey pidgie65. About 3 1/2 hours including the bonus content. I finished the demo in 40 minutes. This one is a little short, but the sale is today.

Thanks, I appreciate the feedback!

posted in Clockwork Tales: Of Glass and Ink Collector's Edition on Aug 10, 13 1:53 AM
Finished the demo in 20 minutes, which is usually a sign that the game is not long enough to justify anything more than a daily deal. If I'm wrong, if it takes someone more than 4 hours to play this game, please let me know!

posted in Nearwood Collector's Edition on Aug 8, 13 3:05 AM
Based on part of the demo.

This would not even be a daily deal buy for me. One cut scene after another, hardly any puzzles, yappy characters. I also found the artwork to be unimpressive (particularly with regard to the odd colours given to natural objects that made them seem more chemically contaminated than whimsical). I get the impression that this has been sitting around on a shelf and was then released when they couldn't finish a new game quick enough.

Too bad. Lately it seems like the offerings are getting far worse instead of better. I don't know whether it's BFG or the game developers that have hit a slump, but hit a slump they have.

posted in Times of Vikings on Aug 5, 13 4:25 AM
Big thanks to DK and ozalchemyst. That changes things for me. I don't mind there being a timer, but I do mind not being able to progress because I've 'failed' a level.

With the exception of the Royal Envoy games, which I do try to get three stars on to open bonus levels, I'm just not that fussed about getting the stars, especially not the first time through, and I certainly don't find it relaxing to be *compelled* to do so in order to progress.

Thanks again!

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator