Posts created by snapnhiss

posted in Beyond the Invisible: Evening on Mar 10, 15 3:31 PM
If all the comments in the thread are "removed by moderator", why not delete the entire thing and start over? Is this a case of the emperor has no clothes?

[Removed by Moderator]

I bet the sale code is going to annoy some people.

Thanks for posting the code.

posted in Danse Macabre: Deadly Deception Collector's Edition on Feb 28, 15 1:36 PM
Great graphics, good music and ambient sounds, fun HOS and a few too many slidey puzzles which I'm terrible at and have zero patience for and as someone said earlier, a rather disappointingly small amount of active areas in each beautiful scene. I like the time period, the bad Southern accents are fun and the story is fairly interesting. Not a heart racer, but still a very high quality game.

I think "League of Light: Wicked Harvest Collector's Edition" lived up to the hype.

Good hidden object scenes and some fun puzzles. I think "Magic Gate: Faces of Darkness" is actually a more interesting game even though that plot isn't particularly fresh either.

Thanks for posting the code.

Are you talking about the game page reviews or here in the forum? I reread the forum reviews and didn't see anything I'd consider a spoiler. There isn't much of a plot to spoil anyway.

I like the series but I'm getting a little tired of basically the same story being trotted out. The game play is very good though so it's worth a little tedium. I'd love to see a game with an exciting plot AND good game mechanics.

Rather than write what I normally do about these games (beautiful graphics, clever and interactive HOS, fun puzzles, good voice acting and decent music... because this game has all that), I'm going to mention what bugged me. I like *some* helpers and I like this little imp but his constant hand waving made me want to squeeze his head till his eyes popped out. I think we could have used him in a better manner although I did enjoy his confusion when placed in a scene that needed a tool he didn't have.

I don't like the hammy voice acting for the villains in these games. Enough "muahaha!" mustache twirling melodramatics, how about an actual scary and threatening bad guy (non-gender specific)?

I'm also tired of having to scare a bird because it's either sitting on or holding something we need. Birds scare easily, wave your arms, run at it, scream. But having to find something completely bizarre to do it takes me out of the story, what little there is of it. I'd like to play a game based more on reality even if it's set in a magical realm. Same with those blasted squirrels that seem to pop up in every game that hold the key to the magic box that holds a gem that goes into the magic wand that destroys the lock that you'll need to find another key for. GAH!

Anyway, this is a good game and it's a pleasant way to pass a snowy afternoon.

Edited: missed a word

Why do you always cry "BULLY!" when someone disagrees with you?

Are you even giving the game a trial or are you just "reviewing" an untested game to express your loathing for helpers? If you know you're not going to buy it anyway, why demo it?

Valdy wrote:I have never seen cbtx bully anyone. He has his opinion, and why shouldn't he voice it.

As some peeps have said before: "developers listen to us". So the more we complain about something we don't like in the game, the better the chances that they will be taken into consideration.

I remember complaining about the long fill-times for the Hint and Skip buttons in the HOGs. I think I complaint about that in almost all my reviews. And now most of the HOGs' Hint and Skip use a much shorter time to fill.

If you only complain once or twice about something you don't like, you will not be heard. You have to repeat yourself in order for ALL developers to see it.

And hey... my forum - the one cbtx pointed out - is a friendly one. Nobody is a bully and we can all voice our opinions without fear that someone else is bashing their reviews. That's how it should be here, but it isn't.

And hello to Gamblebug...

I doubt anyone would complain about having the choice of short or long hint/skip fills but who knows. However the battle over who can scream the loudest about helpers is nonsense. The (very) vocal minority is ruining it for the rest of us that happen to enjoy a well done, unobtrusive helper. I'm still in love with that little scarecrow boy, he was a delight.

Saying "games seem to be getting dumbed down" is a lot different than saying something like "only children could enjoy this game."

See the difference?

I have to disagree with most of you, I think this game is beautifully done in almost every regard. Obviously the artwork is great but the hidden objects and puzzles scenes had some new touches that I had never seen before. Very creative and clever.

It is on the short side but it's well worth the sale price.

This actually had an interesting story! The voice acting is good, the game is plot driven (although I got a little uncomfortable when Grandma was talking about what a great lover her psycho boyfriend had been) and other than having to find keys or shapes to open EVERYTHING, it was fun. I just spent the afternoon playing the whole thing plus bonus and I didn't feel like throwing my laptop out the window once. High praise indeed.

I enjoyed LoveToMissLisa's reviews, I always looked for her fine swine seal of approval.

And we all have fish themed avatars.

posted in Frozen Patchworks on Feb 18, 15 3:57 AM
I feel bad for the developer, this looks like a nice, seasonal game to play with the family. Too bad it was released two months too late.

posted in Stranded in Time on Feb 16, 15 4:25 PM
I'm enjoying it quite a bit. It really does have an interesting story, I think the dialog is well written and fairly believable and they did a great job of making the caves feel alien. The simple graphics make this a little more difficult than the games we've become accustomed to that have glints and cursor changes, etc. I'm finding this mildly challenging but not annoyingly so. I was happy to use a PCC on it.

posted in Dangerous Games: Illusionist Collector's Edition on Feb 15, 15 4:01 PM
I really enjoyed this, the graphics are beautiful, the plot allowed us to visit various fun locations in the guise of "illusions", the characters' faces were very attractive and well done, HOs and puzzles kept me involved... I played this game all day (and finished!) without getting bored once.

posted in Dark Dimensions: Homecoming Collector's Edition on Feb 15, 15 11:30 AM
Rocky's the best part of the game.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator