Posts created by sonofstar

sonofstar wrote:
jcsgame wrote:Hi sonofstar;

I had silimar problems; listed below are the steps necessary to change the Big Fish Game Manager to have Administrative Authority.

You do not want to change the "game" to have Administrative Authority, you want to change the Big Fish Game Manager. Doing this eliminated quite a few problems for me.

From your desktop, right-click on the Big Fish Game Mgr Icon
Click on Properties
Click the Compatibility tab at the top of the Properties window
Under Application, CHECK the Run this program as Administrator
Click OK
You're done, go ahead and open the Big Fish Game Mgr and run your game.

I hope this helps you.

Now this sounds promising. Will let you know what happens.

Ok, followed the steps you suggested. The Run as Administrator box remained checked, but the game still will not download. I'm formally in a funk now.

jcsgame wrote:Hi sonofstar;

I had silimar problems; listed below are the steps necessary to change the Big Fish Game Manager to have Administrative Authority.

You do not want to change the "game" to have Administrative Authority, you want to change the Big Fish Game Manager. Doing this eliminated quite a few problems for me.

From your desktop, right-click on the Big Fish Game Mgr Icon
Click on Properties
Click the Compatibility tab at the top of the Properties window
Under Application, CHECK the Run this program as Administrator
Click OK
You're done, go ahead and open the Big Fish Game Mgr and run your game.

I hope this helps you.

Now this sounds promising. Will let you know what happens.

I'm running Windows 10Pro. This is the second Dark Tales game that I can play as a demo, but the moment I purchase it, everything goes wrong. I click on the downloaded icon to begin to download and install the game. The game manager starts the process then it just dies out. It can't download the full game and I'm out the money. I've seen the suggestions to play the games in Administrator mode, but when I go to the file and right click for more, BFG games never have whatever file is necessary for Administrator mode to be an option. I've had other files on my computer I was able to right click on for more and open in Admin mode, but no BFG games provide me with whatever is necessary to play in Admin mode. So what do I now? I love the Dark Tales games. I have 2 now that I can't even download and install and I'm really bummed.

posted in Delicious: Emily's Miracle of Life Collector's Edition on Nov 17, 17 3:45 PM
I was so excited when I saw the Delicious Emily's Miracle of Life update. I downloaded and installed it. But when I tried to play, nothing was fixed. The screen still didn't open fully and the music still sounds like it's playing on a calliope. I'm running Windows 10 Pro.

What I don't understand is how this game could play so well as a demo and fail so miserably once purchased.

sonofstar wrote:
bfgArinelle wrote:Hello KScarpetta and Ndwelt,

Thank you for letting us know about this happening. I've passed along the report, and we appreciate that you've taken the time to let us know about this situation. We don't have any new information to provide about this particular subject at this time, but we can try some troubleshooting to see if it helps out. When parts of a game aren't appearing correctly, the game may need elevated permissions to work correctly. To address this, please follow the steps in this article:

<a href="https://bigfishgames.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/231139168">Run Game as Administrator</a>

If that doesn't do the trick, please send a message to our <a href="https://bigfishgames.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/230538107">Technical Support Team</a>, as they can both provide additional help and gather information that helps us track reported issues. You're also welcome to PM me or another Moderator with any questions. We'll be happy to assist however we can.

bfgArinelle

I'm also having the same issue with no gate on the bonus level 9 (59). I'm running Windows 10Pro on a PC. And I'm getting FED UP with being told to run the game in
Administrator mode. What's with that? Before Windows 10 came along I NEVER had to run any games in Admin Mode. This is a game. It's supposed to be fun. It's not supposed to be something that requires major hoops to jump through in order to play it.

In an effort to do due diligence, I followed the instructions provided on playing this game in Administrator Mode. When I got to the Elven Legends 5 folder under Program Files (x86) and opened it, there were 2 possible program files (though without the .exe. extension). One was Launch Game so I right clicked on that one. The other one was Unlock Game. There was no game icon in that folder. When I right clicked on Launch Game, there was NO Compatibility tab. And without that tab, there was obviously nothing else to do per the steps that followed. Therefore, I'm left to assume that the way this program was installed leaves it without the ability to be run in Administrator mode. Again...worthless advice.

bfgArinelle wrote:Hello KScarpetta and Ndwelt,

Thank you for letting us know about this happening. I've passed along the report, and we appreciate that you've taken the time to let us know about this situation. We don't have any new information to provide about this particular subject at this time, but we can try some troubleshooting to see if it helps out. When parts of a game aren't appearing correctly, the game may need elevated permissions to work correctly. To address this, please follow the steps in this article:

<a href="https://bigfishgames.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/231139168">Run Game as Administrator</a>

If that doesn't do the trick, please send a message to our <a href="https://bigfishgames.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/230538107">Technical Support Team</a>, as they can both provide additional help and gather information that helps us track reported issues. You're also welcome to PM me or another Moderator with any questions. We'll be happy to assist however we can.

bfgArinelle

I'm also having the same issue with no gate on the bonus level 9 (59). I'm running Windows 10Pro on a PC. And I'm getting FED UP with being told to run the game in
Administrator mode. What's with that? Before Windows 10 came along I NEVER had to run any games in Admin Mode. This is a game. It's supposed to be fun. It's not supposed to be something that requires major hoops to jump through in order to play it.

posted in Delicious: Emily's Miracle of Life Collector's Edition on Nov 8, 17 12:56 PM
I'm running Windows 10Pro and was able to play the game fine in demo mode. It shifts slowly, but it played.

When I purchased and downloaded the full game, it opened as a small window on my computer and the music sounded like calliope music. Seriously? What is with that? I can't get it to open to full screen, so I can't play what I just purchased. Thanks so much for nothing. And I love the Delicious Emily games. What a bummer!

posted in Katy and Bob: Safari Cafe Collector's Edition on Oct 1, 17 1:58 PM
iodi wrote:IS this game only having 60 levels in its collector's edition version? There is nothing indicating it's a collector's edition, meaning something in addition to a standard edition to justify the increased price. I also have the missing trophies problem.

There is a small EXTRAS section that has music and concept art. For this you pay more. Not really worth the extra money for that.

posted in Katy and Bob: Safari Cafe Collector's Edition on Oct 1, 17 1:57 PM
Running Windows 10 Pro. Multiple issues. Completed all 60 levels gold bought everything. Awards for completing sections not showing. At certain points in the game, the cursor slows waaaay down. At other times, I'm positive that the food items characters are ordering change between when they first post them and when I put them together at the food station. It's happening often enough that I'm certain it's not my imagination.

And just to add this in here. There is absolutely no good reason why games should have to be played in Administrator mode. That's ridiculous though that seems to be the common tech solution. Games should be able to be played in normal mode ALWAYS. I consider a game that has to be played in Admin mode to be malfunctioning.

posted in Katy and Bob: Safari Cafe Collector's Edition on Oct 1, 17 1:52 PM
Same here. Probably should report this in the tech section.

posted in Lost Lands: Ice Spell Collector's Edition on Sep 13, 17 4:37 PM
bajacalla wrote:on a Mac. did NOT receive the recipe after completing the tapestry. game is now unplayable.

Running Windows 10 Pro and did NOT receive the recipe after completing the tapestry. Can't continue. Hint stopped working and all I can do is walked back and forth between scenes.

I'm running Windows 10 Pro and can't even open the demo. And don't tell me to run this game in Admin mode. That's ridiculous to have games that can only be run that way. I love the Dark Tales games but if I can't even open the thing, I'm uninstalling it and forgetting about this line.

I started with the suggestion to look at Windows 10 information. I opened the game folder under Program Files (X86) and low and behold there is no .exe file with Witch's Legacy: Covered by Night Collector's Edition in there. There is an Uninstall.exe and a Launch.exe, but that's it. That would suggest a bigger problem than a compatability issue if downloading and installing the game didn't actually load the game's .exe file onto my computer.

bfgBellerophon wrote:The teams definitely want to help get things up and running as they should so that players can get to their game play.

belamba, I'm sorry to hear that you have to doubleclick items within the game. If you haven't already, the help page below contains steps that may help resolve this issue:

<a href="https://bigfishgames.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/231116928">Mac Game Troubleshooting </a>

jaylake, you mentioned error code 900. It is recommended to refer to the following <a href="https://bigfishgames.zendesk.com/hc/en-us">Big Fish Games Help</a> page as it contains troubleshooting steps that are specific to this error message:

<a href="https://bigfishgames.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/230290348">Errors 760, 900, and 257700</a>

For players that are having downloading issues, the game may need more permissions and resources to properly install and open. The <a href="https://bigfishgames.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/229944587">Problems Downloading or Installation Failed</a> help page is a great resource for troubleshooting steps that have been known to help resolve this issue.

It does seem that players on the Windows 10 system are having various issues. Please refer to the help pages below for troubleshooting. Keep in mind that running the game as an administrator gives the game the correct permissions to run as it should while the other help page is specific to the Windows 10 system.

<a href="https://bigfishgames.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/230458408">Windows 10</a>
<a href="https://bigfishgames.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/231139168">Run Game as Administrator </a>

jaylake wrote:Hi

Playing on PC

I was a little silly in highsight as I purchased the game, and now cannot play. It shows a load and then nothing. I have left it as I thought it was just being slow but nothing. Wish i had tried first. Will keep trying but may need to go to customer support again. They are good but this situation is disappointing.

I am having the exact same problem. Wish I'd tried the demo first, but I've played all the other games in this series and loved them. I'm on a PC running Windows 10 Pro. I click to play and there's a blip on the taskbar signalling it's supposedly going to open the game then nothing. And waiting for it to load over time still equals nothing. Cannot play.

posted in Mystery Mosaics 2 on Jun 30, 17 2:01 PM
Never played the original Mystery Mosaics. May go back and pick that one up given the references to it in the comments.

I've played a lot of this style of game and there is another out there with multiple colors for their tiles that is far superior. The biggest issue I have with this game is that the colors of the tiles are so similar, they come across looking like mud. And there are times when I'm filling one muddy color in against another, similar, muddy color and literally can't tell one from the other. I am NOT color blind and I've got a new screen, so it's not my hardware. They need to brighten yellows and oranges so they stand in stark contrast to browns and reds. Not enough discrimination between the colors.

posted in Mystery Tales: The House of Others Collector's Edition on Jun 29, 17 6:12 PM
I'm almost completely finished with the Bonus Chapter playing in Windows 10. I have to get the 3 pieces that go in the wall to get the wine bottle where Blunt's soul is stored. I have 2 but cannot pick the triangle up off the table. No matter how many times the Hint takes me there and points it out, and no matter how many times I click on it, I get a message saying to place the cursed object there. But you can't do that without that last piece to open the niche in the wall. Frustrated to get so far and not be able to complete it.

I'm at this bonus level as well. It starts you with 2 gold, which is only enough to remove one of the little crystals. What I've noticed on my game screen is that all of the supplies circles except for the one in the lower right corner are producing either food or wood. The one in the lower right corner doesn't function. I'm wondering if it's supposed to produce gold (would be the ONLY thing on the entire screen that does so) and is somehow non-functional. If so, that would be a tech problem. Anybody else noticing this?

GetitGotit wrote:[Removed by Moderator]
TIP FOR FINDING THE MICE. AS SOON AS YOU HEAR THE MOUSE SOUND, PAUSE THE GAME AND LOOK CAREFULLY. IF IT'S ON THE MIDDLE TO RIGHT HAND SIDE OF THE SCREEN YOU'LL FIND IT!

[Removed by Moderator] Of course wondering how to find the mice is part of this forum, which is about how to play the game. I'm personally stuck on some of the mice locations as well. I'd love to find them all, as does anyone else playing this game. [Removed by Moderator]

posted in Cadenza: Fame, Theft and Murder Collector's Edition on Mar 6, 17 7:04 PM
I'm with everyone else. We don't need to know all the achievements every single time. It's more than a little annoying. Thanks for passing along our irritation.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator