Posts created by MzShel

posted in Midnight Castle on Jan 22, 14 2:14 AM
Just started playing and so far loving it!
Friend code is 58410

posted in Awakening Kingdoms on Dec 26, 13 5:23 PM
The game was great at first. The music is nice and the graphics are wonderful. You complete a few quests and you go up a level and your energy is full so you can move on to the next few quests. Then, it started taking more and more points to go up levels and your energy never gets full enough to do anything. I have now reached a level where it's become unplayable unless I want to spend money on it. I don't mind tossing a few bucks into a game when it is worth it. This one isn't.
It takes so long to accumulate enough energy to complete quests. You get a single point of energy every 5 minutes. This would be okay if it didn't take 45 energy points to play a single hidden object scene. You need 12 of a certain item to complete the quest. To get those items you have to win them in the hidden object scenes. Sometimes you get the "item". Sometimes you get 3 "item". And sometimes you play the hidden object scene just to learn you got ZERO of the "item".
After sleeping for 8 hours, I have 96 energy. Meaning, I can play the scene twice before I go to work. Work for 8 hours and I have 96 energy when I get home. Play the scene twice. 4 hours later, I can play the scene one time before going to bed. That means I can realistically play the scene 5 times per day. Since there is no guarantee I will acquire the item I need, it could take weeks or even months to complete quests. Most frustrating of all was that I did manage to accumulate the blueprints the guy was asking for. The next quest was to play 3 rounds of a mini game that required me to have those stinking blueprints! So, I'm back to playing the hidden object scene over and over as I slowly accumulate energy just to get more.
I play these games to have some fun and relax. When a game becomes frustrating - like logging on only to find I don't have enough energy accumulated to play any part of it or completing a quest by giving away all the items I need to accomplish the next quest - I stop playing. I'm about at that point now. Give me a game I can play every single time I log on to it, please.
Oh, and I don't mind having "friends" in the game. But the first quest to have me ask those "friends" to give me something, and I will stop playing. I hate begging people to give me stuff and I hate being around people who beg you to give them stuff.

posted in Adelantado Trilogy: Book Three on Dec 26, 13 12:11 PM
There are very few games I buy without playing the trial first. This is one of them. I love this series and I can only hope that they don't stop making them. This series of games is one of the ones I go back to and play again and again.
I like that this game has many difficulty levels; relaxed (no time limit), easy, regular, and hard. What is best is that it is challenging and entertaining on all levels.
Keep up the good work, Developers! You've got a winner in my opinion.

posted in Awakening Kingdoms on Dec 18, 13 4:21 PM
Mine is 314625.

posted in My Singing Monsters on Dec 9, 13 7:27 PM
I would like to have the News button actually have news instead of just telling what is on sale. Maybe something that tells what the current bugs are and that they are working on a fix for it. That way I would know what I'm experiencing is known bug and I won't feel so alone.
Personally, I'm not spending another dime on this game until they fix the sound effects bug they created with the most recent update. The game is not enjoyable anymore and I don't pay for things I don't enjoy. So stop telling me what I can buy on sale.

posted in My Singing Monsters on Dec 6, 13 1:51 AM
bfgWendwater wrote:Please keep in mind, the music, sound effects and ambiance volumes can be adjusted or muted using the sliders in the 'Options' menu.

Tried that. Doesn't do a thing. The sound effects are still so loud they overpower the music and endanger your eardrums if you are using headphones as I found out.
I didn't have a bit of trouble adjusting the sound before the 12/3 update.

posted in My Singing Monsters on Dec 5, 13 12:10 PM
I have been playing with the sound on my speakers turned way down. It's almost to the point that I can barely hear the music. However, the ultra loud sound effects are still blast out. The k-ching when collecting from my monsters is bad enough, but the trumpet fanfare that plays when you place a monster out of the nursery nearly damaged my eardrums. Until they offer a new update to fix this I will only be checking in once a day to collect from the monsters with the sound OFF. What a shame since this was a fun little game that I truly enjoyed.

posted in My Singing Monsters on Dec 4, 13 4:14 AM
I don't know if this could be considered a technical issue, but it is annoying. I just installed the 12/3 update and now the sound effects are blasting me out of my chair. I adjusted the volume on the sound effects down as low as it will go and the sound effects (popping every time you select anything and a furnace type sound when cooking food) are still blasting out of my speakers. It is so loud it makes me want to turn the sound off and the defeats the purpose of this game.

posted in Settlers of the West on Oct 5, 13 3:50 PM
I've spent the past 2 days replaying level after level, trying to improve my score so I could advance. All I've done is increase my frustration level because nothing I try will get me to a score needed to advance in the game. This is on the novice level. I'm not a novice when it comes to time management games. I love the things and can usually figure a way to get the best score possible.
Quite frankly, I want my money back! This game is not playable if you can't at least play all the levels.

posted in Settlers of the West on Oct 3, 13 2:40 PM
I did the beta test on this game and LOVED it. Couldn't wait for it to come out so I could buy it. Now that I've bought it I am deeply disappointed. This is NOT the same as when I beta tested it. It is nearly impossible to advance because the levels are so hard to get even silver on, and I'm in the novice section. I wish had hadn't been so eager to buy it and had done the trial first. I would NOT have purchased it if I had known they had increased the difficulty of it.

posted in Kingdom Tales on Jul 15, 13 10:05 PM
My hubby turns up his nose at my "little" games, but walking past my computer while I was playing this one, he said, "WOW, those are some nice graphics." So, high praise indeed.
I completely enjoyed the game. I like that even when the time runs out, I can continue playing. I also like that there are unlimited workers. I always get frustrated with games of this type when they limit your workers.
I haven't finished all the levels, but I can already tell this is a game I will play over and over.
Thank you!!!

posted in Druid Kingdom on Jun 25, 13 11:16 AM
I normally love these types of games. I don't mind a bit of frustration trying to get gold. Sometimes I actually like replaying levels to attain gold.
That being said, the frustration level of this game goes beyond being fun. The timer is just way too fast. When I found myself replaying the third level for the fourth time without getting gold, I stopped the trial.
Give me a break! I expect the levels to get harder as the game progresses, but starting off that hard is ridiculous.
Without an easy option or even a timer-less level, this is a no-buy for me. As someone else said, I play these games to relax and if I wanted all this frustration I can find it in real life.

posted in Fairway Solitaire: Tee to Play on Jun 6, 13 10:33 AM
The game runs fine for me. Windowed mode only, but that's the way I like it.
My problem is the missing Gopher coins. I played the first day and had racked up nearly 50k coins just from playing and winning trophies. When I opened the game the second day I had less than 10k. This puzzled me, but I thought maybe I'd spent them without realizing it.
Well, just now, I won a game contest saying I had won 5k coins. The coins didn't appear in my totals.
I plan to uninstall and re-install to see if this will fix the issue, but if it doesn't I will just delete this free game. I do not plan to spend real money on a game that is merely a diversion.

posted in Farm Up on May 30, 13 4:38 PM
Click on the factory when it is NOT producing anything. You will see tabs. One shows all the recipes and the other shows the upgrades that are available. It's the same as the animal pens, a tab for the animals, for the food, for the water, and to upgrade.

posted in Farm Up on May 21, 13 12:51 PM
Mine isn't updating any quests. I've had the quest for Milk in Dallas since I was at level 16. I'm now level 21 and the same quest is waiting for me to accept it. Since I can't get cows until level 23, I can't complete that quest.
And now all my other cities are giving me quests that I can't fulfill until I reach higher levels. It sucks that I'm just marking time waiting to level up so I can fulfill these quests.

posted in Farm Up on May 21, 13 11:53 AM
I like the game a lot! I love these real-time farming games.
I'm at level 21. There are a couple of issues I would like to address.
I can't do any of the "map" quests anymore. They are all asking for items that only come with higher levels. And I don't mean next level. One of those quests is asking for something that I won't get access to for 6 more levels. Since my level is high, it's now taking me 2-3 days to go up a single level. What good are quests that I won't be able to fulfill for weeks?
My other issue is that the males are mostly just standing around while the females are working their fingers to the bone.
Grandma gets to feed, water, collect from and clean up after all the animals. She hobbling from pen to pen to take care of all these animals.
Wife is responsible for all the planting, watering, weeding, fertilizing, and harvesting of all the crops. She also pumps water, collects snacks from the snack shop, pulls weeds, digs up rocks, and chops down tree stumps.
Grandpa only chops wood (which you only need when building), works the sawmill for boards (which again you only need when building), fixes the animal pens once a day as needed, and sometimes collects the products from the factories. The majority of the time he's standing around doing nothing.
Husband can pump water (if wife is busy elsewhere), pull weeds (if wife is busy elsewhere), dig rocks (if wife is busy elsewhere), chop tree stumps (if...well, you get the picture). He can work at the brick factory (only needed when building), get rocks from the quarry (again, only needed when building), and collect items from the factory. He does do all the building, but since I'm all caught up on building until I reach a higher level, he's another lazy character who mainly stands around doing nothing.
Couldn't we equal out the chores a bit more?

posted in Farm Up on May 21, 13 11:27 AM
I can't do any of the travel quests. I'm at level 21 and all the quests are for milk or other products. Can't get cows and therefore milk until I reach level 23. One of the other quests is for cheese. Can't get that factory until I'm at level 27. And one is for shirts and you can't make shirts until level 25.
What good are quests that you can't accept or do until you level up?

posted in Gardens Inc.: From Rakes to Riches on Mar 22, 13 10:45 PM
govols2 wrote:MzShel, if that is the one to clear 3 ravens I don't think they show up until you build the seed shack. When seed is produced a raven will land on it and then you clear it away. You have to do that 3 times.
Thanks, but I'd built everything and upgraded them all completely and still no ravens. I've uninstalled, deleted all files, rebooted, re-installed until I'm blue in the face and still no ravens.
Very buggy game and very frustrating.

posted in Gardens Inc.: From Rakes to Riches on Mar 20, 13 9:50 PM
I've reached level 25. No issues with lagging or floating cursors, but one of the tasks on level 25 is to get rid of the ravens. There are no ravens on my level 25. Can't complete the level and move on without ravens.
Yes, I've uninstalled and reinstalled many times. Still no ravens on level 25.
Can we get an upgraded and fixed version of this game that seems way too buggy?

posted in Building the Great Wall of China on Nov 27, 12 6:16 PM
I was thinking of buying right up until I had to rapidly click to shoot the dragon. No thanks. That was totally pointless and tedious.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator