Posts created by deijiara

posted in Bush Whacker 2 - Free to Play on Mar 8, 17 8:01 PM
It's 11pm eastern and total white screen for me. Game worked at 2pm. Guess something happened? Hopefully it comes back before my crops wilt.

I had an issue with the scroll pieces as well. It's not a tech issue. I had to click around like mad on the book in the bag and eventually is allowed me to move on. Clicking the actual scroll doesn't work. It looks good, but if you click anything else it goes away. Go back to the book in the bag, click around a bit. That's how I got credit for the scroll so I could move on and collect the actual pieces.

Personally, I'm upset at the whole 'no way to go back and get the key from the professor' thing. But it's in the bonus game, not the actual game. That being said, I'll replay the game to see the second ending, but I'm not messing with the bonus content again.

I'm at that same point too. The skull is unlocked, and I just click and it forwards me in some never-ending cycle. I played this game through twice for this? What am I missing?

For some reason the hint system keeps sending me to the steps with the two statues in front of it, but when I get there, it says I can't do anything. I want to put the hook and counterbalance on the chain but I can't get them connected since I put the stuff to dye the mask on the bench. What am I missing?

posted in Green City on Feb 9, 13 1:32 PM
I'm having an issue with the vet clinic. I know I have enough money and enough workers ($5k, 2 workers), so when I click on the clinic, I hear dog/cat noise, but no building. What am I doing wrong?

posted in Tiger Eye: The Sacrifice on May 10, 12 12:20 AM
It's hard to play a sequel and not compare it to the original. Since it's been quite a while since I played the first game, there's little danger in that. I found this entry to have one defining word: short. The lack of after-game amusements didn't impress me much. I know, I know, I 'said' I wasn't going to compare it to the original, but if the dress-up Hari game sticks in my memory after so long, you've done something right. The differing difficulty levels was a plus, even if it would have required playing and replaying it several times to get enough hints to unlock the final level. And speaking of locked, what's with the tiny screen for story bits? And redoing all the character design? Dela looked like she could have been blown over with a feather. Hari is made to be almost a side note of a character in this. Lots of puzzles here, but really the biggest puzzle to me is how this was worth the money. I'd have bought it regardless, but it doesn't have the re-playability that makes me wholeheartedly endorse a game.

posted in Shannon Tweed's Attack of the Groupies on Apr 24, 12 1:40 AM
I played the 'easy' version of this and was laughing over the voice-over blurbs. It's Plants versus Zombies for a sassier, slightly smarmy, Hollywood-ish set. It's a knock-off, but for a knock-off, it's not bad at all. If you're looking for "A" grade material, go back to original PvZ. This more 'Roger Corman' than 'James Cameron'

posted in Life Quest® 2: Metropoville on Apr 1, 12 5:26 PM
I can't even get the full version installed. "Error in the unpacking. Code 2. Report to author."

posted in Oddly Enough: Pied Piper on Oct 7, 11 3:29 PM
While this game was grammatically awkward at times, I have to say that it was a nice change of pace to get a game that wasn't demons, voodoo, or death related. While the games subject matter was a little 'young' for me, there were a few times I had no clue what to do without the hint button. I was in the circus town when the demo ran out. I bought it and feel very good for doing so.

Side note: it also serves the function of being a game I can put on my laptop for when the young'uns of a married couple I know want to play a game.

posted in Dracula: Love Kills on Jul 25, 11 12:28 AM
In an attempt to be technical I hit the Google guru for some techno-babble and came up with:

Gamma correction changes the overall brightness and color saturation of an image as it is displayed on a monitor.

posted in Path To Success on Jul 25, 11 12:23 AM
I played the whole demo for this game before coming to any kind of decision on it.

Flaws (at least to me):
I had trouble figuring out how to check what my episode goals were.
Was really hard to not lose a LOT of time due to low mood.

Nice points (again, opinion based):
Didn't seem to charge me rent in the 'cheap housing' option.

Bottom line and 5 word review: Life Quest did it better.

posted in Hotel Dash 2: Lost Luxuries on Jun 12, 11 5:10 PM
Is it just me or did the end screen cut off a really important thought? Flo didn't even seem to finish the sentence.

posted in Dracula: Love Kills Collector's Edition on Jun 11, 11 7:07 PM
BIG TOTAL DO-NOT-READ SPOILER!!

You've been warned!

Still with me? Highlight to read.

Okay, if you refuse to bit any of the girls, the dialogue will differ in comparison to if you had chowed down on them. That's difference one. Differences two has been addressed - if you don't bite the girls you get some extra puzzles/object scenes. The single biggest difference however is that if you go "good" at the end of the game, you will surrender Mina to the Professor. In the extra content, you will also chose to surrender the magic artifact if you are "good". "Bad (so to speak)" vampires bite all girls, get Mina in the end, play round one of "Bash the Van Helsing." In the extra content, you keep the artifact and get a second round of "Bash the Van Helsing."

posted in Dracula: Love Kills Collector's Edition on Jun 11, 11 1:13 PM
3 hours, 34 minutes. Skipped a few puzzles because I'm not logic inclined like that. Actually really liked the game. Glad I bought it.

posted in Virtual Villagers: New Believers on Mar 11, 11 5:07 PM
I have to admit I did the demo, and based off the demo, I won't be buying this game. I have played and enjoyed a lot of the other VV games. Those required you to set up a few actions, but you could still wander off and leave the game to its own devices. This however requires a constant monitoring. It took a long time to realize that I was never going to be allowed anywhere near the only firewood source without a lot of trickery, and it took almost five minutes of work with 5 adult villagers to smash a totem because they kept getting chased off. Frankly, this is one that I see as being far most demanding and much more of a time sink. I have World of Warcraft for that! Sound is, as usual, annoying at worst and repetitive at best. If I had to say I was sorry about something, it's the being dumb enough to always do the demo doesn't net you more than a box of text. Won't buy this one.

posted in Matches and Matrimony: A Pride and Prejudice Tale on Mar 10, 11 6:27 PM
*Agree with Blackleo* The developer website is a great way not only to get Mr. Darcy but to figure out how to get the other endings as well .... So long as your semi-obtuse flow-chart reading skills are sharp!

posted in Matches and Matrimony: A Pride and Prejudice Tale on Mar 9, 11 10:00 PM
Yeah but those suitors liked you before the change so they'd probably chase after you anyway

nom nom ... braiiiiiiins

I admit to total bias whenever anything Sherlock Holmes pops up. I am 100% certain to try it, although not 100% certain to love it. Some of the large file games BigFish has had have not been bought, but I am definitely buying this one. The game was fun without being irritating (hidden objects were properly sized and in mostly intelligent places) and there was a skip feature on the puzzles (very necessary for non-puzzle minded people like myself), the voice acting was excellent, and the music was even enjoyable! While the game does get a little on the ooky and kookie side, so far I haven't seen anything too outlandish. Whoever designed this game, GOT IT RIGHT! Go Buy It!

The game is wonderful! I was convinced I was going to buy it before I was even 10 minutes into the demo.

Minor quibbles: Intro takes forever and you can't click through it. Not the opening story scene, but the boat and the ominous music - that scene.

Story gripe: Can't a poor, deformed man get a break?! I keep waiting for some relative of that heartless woman to take pity on the poor man and stay with him.

9.5/10 - Game had lots of sudden surprises that made me jump. Not gory or ugly just HEY SQUIRREL moments.

And the after story .... sort of .... had something to do with the main story. It was like another chapter in a way.

posted in Finding Hope on Sep 15, 10 7:56 PM
Mr. Ahn - don't apologize. Sometimes the anonymity of the internet makes the natives get a little vicious. If this happened to be a first effort, frankly, let's point out the really well done points:

1. No grammar errors!
2. The items you look for are the items you need! No finding zeppelins or fresh-water fish (We all know we've have to find them before).
3. Admittedly I referred to the music as repetitive, but it was period correct (bonus), and frankly not the awful thing it's made out to be.
4. It really does try to illustrate a needed value - reliance on family.

It's not a bad effort. Maybe if you were going to re-tool the game design a mini-game, like trying to bake the cake, plant the garden, or assemble the engine. And just for the record, you better include a skip-feature or somebody will whine too. On the other hand tho, you're the designer! Do it your own way. Let them design their own darn game.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator