Posts created by xshoshin

posted in Sunken Secrets on Dec 5, 15 11:51 AM
If I was rating this the first few levels I would have given it a 5. Overall at level 39 I give it a 2, at best. If you go by time I spend playing the game now versus a couple weeks ago, a more realistic assessment is probably 1. Here's why:

1. Pearls disappear. You cannot close a window by tapping on it like every other game and app. If you do, you spend pearls. I've wasted probably 50 pearls with my automatic attempts to close a window. This being a universal problem, why don't the developers give us a confirmation window? Probably because they want us to waste pearls so we spend real money buying more? Not nice.
2. Pace slows waaaaay down to a crawl at several levels...gets terrifically boring. Game should increase in difficulty, but not to the point that we give up. Pace should remain reasonably level throughout the game.
3. Many many magical stones are now required but acquiring them is very difficult.
4. With so many things required to be manufactured for the balloons so you can get a pitiful few (and wrong colored) stones, it is extremely difficult to build up gold coins, and those are needed (in huge numbers!) to buy equipment for making other things that are asked for. I'd like to be able to sell more things in the market for gold, but I can't even keep up with the balloons.
5. Building up magic level is cumbersome and too slow. Seriously...one has to increase magic level several thousand points by upgrading one 10 point window at a time??? Requiring magic stones each step? Crazy.

Suggestions:
1. Give us a confirmation window for pearl expenditures.
2. Give the game a more even pace as you progress.
3. Make magic stones available in the mine or at least easier to acquire.
4. Make fixable things (fences, walls) more obvious and the building repairs more valuable.
5. Consider fewer requirements for balloon and people requests...many of those things take a long time to make.

posted in Sunken Secrets on Dec 2, 15 9:51 AM
Same as y'all...thought when I hit level 38 I'd somehow get a boost towards the 7000 magic limit...but no, all I got were the insane requirements for magic stones. I suppose it's POSSIBLE to get there, with these fiddly little 10 magic increments, but the problem now is motivation...I no longer have it. The balloons require so much manufacturing that often they time out before I'm done (I can't sit with this game all day and nurse it along) and I have to start over with new items...that means I don't get the balloons sent out often enough to get the stones I need. Even when I get stones they are the wrong color and the the whole conversion thing...well, it's all been said. I've done my best to keep going when it was a bunch of boring leveling up but with no pay off...no hope for much forward movement, I think I'm used up. I have enjoyed it but it's a game I'm opening less and less frequently now and one day (coming soon) I'll forget to open it at all.

posted in Sunken Secrets on Nov 20, 15 8:37 AM
Megamundo28 wrote:As I deleted the game Im not sure what the various machines/ production areas are called but I vaguely recall that logs are collected/made in a shed type building that had to be decursed. Logs are then used on a sawmill which has to be purchased for 7500 coins to create planks.

You are right Megamundo, there it is for sale (just a little cheaper than you remembered -- $6000)... I thought the shed that saws logs WAS the sawmill, so I didn't even look in purchasable machines. Thanks for your help.

posted in Sunken Secrets on Nov 20, 15 2:25 AM
I'm at 31...hoping I get to 38 before I'm too bored. I could upgrade the chimneys right now but I need planks. The sawmill only makes logs. Are planks more levels further up? Or somewhere else?

posted in Sunken Secrets on Nov 16, 15 10:09 AM
Newlywed Nest is my next area to open up. I'm currently on level 25 with 4988 magic limit. I'm guessing from reading this forum that I need to level up quite a bit just to get within striking range of 5250. Is it level 31 that unlocks what *should* be 5250 (the infamous 5250-12 impasse)? Just trying to get a feel for the upcoming gameplay. And it appears I have a daunting 13 levels at least before I have anything else I can do besides make and sell stuff...am I correct? If so, it will be interesting to see if my interest holds up for that long...

posted in Sunken Secrets on Nov 14, 15 8:39 PM
I am offered the Wizard pack for 25 pearls. I have I think 48 pearls. Is it worthwhile to buy this pack? And future packs...are they worth buying?

posted in Sunken Secrets on Nov 13, 15 4:03 AM
Okay, that wasn't as bad as I expected...I learned that XPs come from all kind of places I hadn't noticed until I was focused on getting them. But then I made the mistake of spending a lot of coins on a glass factory I didn't need...I thought that was where glass for the upgraded windows would come from! Kind of embarrassed to discover glass in the mine.

Now I have to decide if the Wizard Pack is worth 25 pearls...

posted in Sunken Secrets on Nov 11, 15 11:43 PM
I've reached an impasse...I need magic capacity at 2700 with absolutely no way to get it but to just slog through two more levels of growing and selling. Way too boring. Some of you are at very high levels...is there a secret or are you just more patient?

posted in Midnight Castle on Jul 15, 15 5:32 PM
Thanks to those who have responded...I'm going to go ahead and delete those who seem to be not active and open up my friend list to anyone playing iOS. My player ID is i27705. Put good stuff on your wish lists...I will send out everything I have. I hope to make an inventory soon to make it easier.

posted in Midnight Castle on Jul 12, 15 1:14 PM
General and Tunk -- I'm iOS but I won't be adding friends until I sort out current list. Don't want to waste good stuff sending it to people who no longer play.

posted in Midnight Castle on Jul 12, 15 1:14 PM
General and Tunk -- I'm iOS but I won't be adding friends until I sort out current list. Don't want to waste good stuff sending it to people who no longer play.

posted in Midnight Castle on Jul 12, 15 1:12 PM
_G4il_ wrote:Hi, J!!

Hi G4il! I've finally given up...LOL. Haven't played in so long that I've even lost touch with my forum friends...that and that alone I'm sad about. Talk to you later thru PM.
xo

posted in Midnight Castle on Jul 12, 15 10:11 AM
It's time...haven't played in weeks...months. I still have inventory of some good stuff that I will gladly give away to those who want it. My player name is 42.

First, I need to know if any of my current friends are still playing...looking at static level numbers, I doubt many are. If you are in this list and still active (or if you have that information about any of these players) please let me know ASAP...I'm going to purge the inactive and add active so I can gift to those still playing.

LLane
diamondgirlva
TammyUSANC
Autumndawn
biriyani
Fluff
GroM
Lesley
Lillie
OkiDoki
Pansy
Pinkspaceangel
sans peur
Steve123
Sue
ThundervineGonetiljul
Wayne

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on May 25, 15 11:30 AM
Most of us have already moved on...we went from clamoring for more content to just begging to be told Dark Manor is dead.

I cancelled my Big Fish membership exactly because of this...I don't want more games that suck money when there's zero responsiveness from the developers. Big Fish doesn't give an eff about their paying customers (besides the monthly fee, I know I spent over $100 on Dark Manor alone) and not even the respect of an announcement that the game is dead.

There are wonderful games out there not affiliated with Big Fish...seek them out...we've been beating this dead horse for months.

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on May 25, 15 11:15 AM
bfgWaimea...would you tell us if there will be NO updates? If it's the end, why not say so? We could dismantle our mansions, gift like crazy to the newbies, and have a proper wake instead of this "maybe/maybe not" zombie world. Most of us old timers have moved on to other games or (gasp) real life...and while it will be sad, the end of Dark Manor is certainly not the end of the world. I'm pretty sure we would all rather just know.

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on May 25, 15 11:04 AM
YES! But I vote yes for ANYTHING new and/or different at this point.

(Edited because I appeared to be needlessly yelling in large font. While I do enthusiastically endorse anything new, I don't need to be rude, so now smaller font).

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Jan 12, 15 7:14 PM
_G4il_

I haven't looked at the forum in weeks so I'm late to hear the news. Such sad news! But I know exactly how you feel...it's been just impossible to find any enthusiasm for the game...never anything new and they've ruined our tools for playing with our manor--all that's left is checking in once a day to collect stuff and send gifts. I'll continue to wait a while for a new chapter, but the thrill is gone. And my friends are going now, too! I do understand, but you have been so kind to me...I'll miss you! PM me please if you've found other good games....maybe we'll meet again.

All the best to you...
Jane

posted in Midnight Castle on Nov 23, 14 12:57 AM
Geez...I didn't realize people actually read that stuff...

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Nov 16, 14 6:17 PM
I'm always happy to send a premium gift...just give me manor names and if I can find them, I will send delights galore.

All in the name of Mighty Ming the Glorious and Ever Watchful...

xshoshin.....

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Nov 16, 14 1:51 AM
I'm probably too late...the outside world has been rough on me this week and I've neglected my manor, my fellow minions, and his most exalted self, Ming. Let me know if I can be of use.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator