Posts created by pepssy

posted in The Island: Castaway 2 on Jan 3, 14 5:56 PM
I would like to see animals like horses, cats, and dogs on the 3rd game. I would like to see Corc, Scotty, Agnello, and I would like to be able to collect more rarities. It would be fun if you needed to combine 2 or more objects before you can use them, like gathering up wood, a flint and a striking stone to make a fire, then you would use rocks to build fences, houses, fire pits,

You could use the cats to keep the mice away from crops which you have stored in a stone barn.

Perhaps you could use a boat to go and explore other islands and you could bring back items from them that you don't have on yours. They could also do this and it would help to establish a trade route.

Weather could play a part in the game interactions and you could have a doctor to treat injured and ill islanders.

quote=Hunteroo]While we wait (very patiently) for "The Island Castaway 3" to launch I was wondering wich characters you would like to see again.

Should we see Corc again? But maybe older and completely nuts because he lived on that cursed ship.
Is Agnello going to hount the new castaways as well? How are they going to protect theirs souls from him?
Should we change view and play with one of the female characters now?
How are you going to gather food on a ship? No more trees and animals. Or should the ship just crash on a new island where Agnello can gather more souls?

I'm full of questions about the new game and would like to hear your ideas. It will make the (very patiently) waiting more bareable.

posted in The Island: Castaway 2 on Sep 26, 13 7:43 PM
Pretty_gamer wrote:I have seen a post at the developer's site promising to complete the third PC part. But they don't say anything about the dates. Let's hope it will come out at least by the end of the year

The developers sound like they haven't yet started making the 3rd part. If the 3rd one does come out will it end the same way as 1 and 2. I am not buying 3 until I know for sure what the ending will be. I have been waiting years for part 3.

posted in Return to Mysterious Island 2: Mina's Fate on Sep 17, 13 3:11 PM
Points SPOILER[b]
You can get extra points by putting the water in a vase on the fire to get boiling water. You get a lot of points for putting boiling water in each clay vase and in each blue vase. You can only get 999 total points and the game will not go any higher than that...much to my disappointment. Enjoy playing the game and just have some fun. I am anxiously waiting for a 3rd game in the series.

posted in Return to Mysterious Island 2: Mina's Fate on Aug 20, 13 7:27 PM
[b] You can give the aggressive monkey, Slugger, (the one at the porcupine and at the place above where the cliff is near the logs. He is with his female monkey, Amber, who was in the workshop and was letting you crack the nuts.) He will never be anything but angry but if you feed him you will get extra points. He doesn't want anything from Jep except food, not even music or water.

There will be 4 blue desserts so feel free to give them to Mina and Jep (1 each.) You will end the game with a lot of leftover food so, except for the beginning, feel free to feed everyone and don't overly worry about the food. There are mussels beside the wrecked helicopter, 3 crayfish running across the dead pilot's back, after you move the knife and string.

2 blue desserts are in the clay pit as well as eggs in a nest, and Jep can come back with a 21-foot pole and get these later. The other 2 blue dessert fruit are above where Jep first jumps into the swampy mud. He can use his bamboo pole to knock them into the water. Don't clean him after he crosses and forget Mina while Jep explores the island. Jep should have the sharp stick that he chewed the leaves off from the top of the beach entry. He can use it to kill the baby bird on the big kiln, and the mother bird on the tree nest. there IS A SMALL ANIMAL CALLED A LEMURID which runs and hides under some leaves on the ground. Jep can kill him also.

There are bees above the little water pool where Jep can take 3 honey from the tree, spinach in the water and he can wash himself, the blue desseerts. Then he can push over the tree to get Mina across. You can get Jep to cross the thorns on the bushes once you cut the trees down. Lay 1 pole for him to walk across and 1 to get the red fruit.

After Jep gets to the inlet area and past Len (the thief monkey) he can use his sharp stick to kill a lizard on the cliff.

posted in Return to Mysterious Island 2: Mina's Fate on Aug 20, 13 7:00 PM
gigueres80 wrote:Im trying to get Jep to cross the mud flats but cant figure out how. I read the walkthroughs , and still cant do it.

There is the shadow of a tall tree and the spot is just about the middle of the shadow. Be careful to save when you succeed in getting each stage across. The next spot if over near the tree lying down, about half way across at the edge of the pond scum. This one is a bit harder to find, so you sort of have to keep trying over and over but you will find it.

The 3rd last spot is under where you would go if you were to go straight across following the same area as the first spot. If you can't get it, let me know and I will restart a game and try to describe the spots clearer. (I was busy for a couple of days, but I will be checking on a daily basis.)

posted in Return to Mysterious Island 2: Mina's Fate on Aug 20, 13 6:53 PM
greyhare wrote:Some of what you say works well, thank you

''Do not use any vase item until you make all of the vases, including the blue vases. ''
If you don't use a vase to water the plant, you can't get the blue, so maybe you meant something else.Could you explain, if you do?

Sorry, I didn't explain about the vases very well. You can put stuff into the clay vases, like 2 maple syrup, but only make sugar out of 1 maple syrup and save 1 to use on each of the rest of the vases.

posted in Return to Mysterious Island 2: Mina's Fate on Aug 16, 13 9:09 PM
[b ]I fed Jep a lot when he picked up food items, but I tried to save some items for Mina. Go up the tree with the hornet's nest is and get Jep to try to get the bees after him. Get him to go in the mud to get rid of them. The point of this is to lower Jep's health so that you get more points for feeding him.

I successfully managed to get through the game for the first time without losing pride points. Yeah!!! It is possible.

My best score after this time was 994. (I took a photo of the score to show a friend that it was possible.) I have been playing this game for years now so I try out different things in each game to try to get extra points.

posted in Return to Mysterious Island on Aug 16, 13 2:47 PM
denamaegoody wrote:need help no instructions

Mina needs to go to the cliff where the strange man is. There is a rusty key on the ground. Look on the cliff to get lichen (or some such.) There are 2 spots on the beach with turtle eggs in them. One has turtle tracks away from the nest and the other spot is just a heap of sand. There is also a chest that you need to open with the rusty key. There should be an egg which you can eat even though the description tell;s you that you can't.

There are 5 oysters in the rocks by the pool, which also has a fish that you need to catch a bit later on. Go through the arch and go forward. Look for lichen or seaweed on the rock just past the arch. Go to where there are 2 crab eating a dead porcupine. You can get both of them only when they both have their backs to you.

Get the porcupine and use the knife on it when you make one later on. There are also coconuts. Some have green skins and some have brown shells. The green ones need to have the knife used twice on them but the brown ones need only 1 knife use.

Go back to the beach and see a ring of wood sticking up from the sand. Your clue is "rock solid" which means that you can use a rock on them to get a piece of firewood. Go towards the path and see 2 bird nests on the right hand side. You can only get the eggs in the bottom nest.

On the left side there is a flat rock area where there should be a piece of metal and there is a rock in the fire pit area. Use the rock on the metal to get a knife blade.
Good luck and enjoy the game.

posted in Return to Mysterious Island on Aug 16, 13 2:32 PM
pinkwitch12 wrote:Wondering if there is a walk through for my first large file try. Or maybe I just don't understand how to get the items from one place to the other, kind of used to seeing them at the bottom of the screen, this is new territory here. HELP!!!

There are several walkthroughs but the most important thing in playing these games is to save the session a lot. You can also get help from the forum here. I have posted what is known as a "spoiler." A spoiler is where you get a lot of information on how to do something. They are called spoilers because some people only want to do one thing and they don't want to see how to do the rest on the same post.

A spoiler is like a mini-walkthrough, for example, a "chemical spoiler" that I have posted. Good luck and I really hope that you enjoy the large file games. The second game of this series is much more fun and is not as chemical as this one is.

posted in Return to Mysterious Island on Aug 16, 13 2:21 PM
[b]
goldenrodfarm wrote:I downloaded the game and started it 4 times now, when ever I right click to access the inventory the whole game either freezes or kicks me out without saving anything, looks like a lot of other people have this problem too but few solutions.

I also had my game freezing but if I restarted the computer it would work. One game, I had to do a system recovery to the day before and then it worked. Remember always save the sessions a lot.

posted in Return to Mysterious Island on Aug 16, 13 2:16 PM
Cat_robinson wrote:I am stuck on the beach. I have eaten everything but the coconuts. When I try to use the knife on them, the interface tells me those objects can not be combined. Anyone know what I am doing wrong?

Thanks,

Cat

The knife is supposed to be able to open the coconuts. If you smash them with a rock it destroys them. Have you tried to restart your computer and then trying. You might have to restart the game again from the beginning. The best tip that I can give everyone is to constantly save the game sessions often so that you don't have to restart it all of the time.

posted in Return to Mysterious Island on Aug 16, 13 2:12 PM
shindy77 wrote:This game was SOOO freaking difficult! I don't consider myself an amateur adventure game player either, and yet I was stuck at pretty much every place once getting off the beach for the first time. I had to use a walkthrough for the whole game practically, which really sucks the fun out of it.

I wouldn't recommend this game for anyone but the most advanced adventure game player. While it is really beautiful to look at and can be fun to play, it just required too many leaps of logic when it comes to using items from the inventory in the environment. And speaking of inventory - that was perhaps what made it such a difficult game. When you have an inventory with nearly 100 active items in it, and you don't need to use all of them - it just becomes way too much to manage.

The second version of the game doesn't have all of the annoying chemical stuff to try to work out by trial and error. The few chemical things in it have the solution in a book left by the sawmill. I hesitated to buy the 2nd game buy so many people gave it good reviews that I bought it. I am very happy with it.

posted in Return to Mysterious Island on Aug 16, 13 2:12 PM
shindy77 wrote:This game was SOOO freaking difficult! I don't consider myself an amateur adventure game player either, and yet I was stuck at pretty much every place once getting off the beach for the first time. I had to use a walkthrough for the whole game practically, which really sucks the fun out of it.

I wouldn't recommend this game for anyone but the most advanced adventure game player. While it is really beautiful to look at and can be fun to play, it just required too many leaps of logic when it comes to using items from the inventory in the environment. And speaking of inventory - that was perhaps what made it such a difficult game. When you have an inventory with nearly 100 active items in it, and you don't need to use all of them - it just becomes way too much to manage.

The second version of the game doesn't have all of the annoying chemical stuff to try to work out by trial and error. The few chemical things in it have the solution in a book left by the sawmill. I hesitated to buy the 2nd game buy so many people gave it good reviews that I bought it. I am very happy with it.

posted in Return to Mysterious Island on Aug 16, 13 2:09 PM
Kittywhiskers9 wrote:
dixielady627g wrote:Hello & welcome to the forums! You need to make bricks to repair the stairs. The mold is on the steps. You'll have to fire the bricks after you make them. I've heard that you can make a peashooter to beat the monkeys (notice green health meter?), but I never found the peas.

Kate

The peas are actually from the rubber tree above the snake!

posted in Return to Mysterious Island on Aug 16, 13 2:07 PM
BiggestFishBrah wrote:My game wont open it says it has stopped working, any recommendations guys? I have updated all my drivers, re-installed it and went to contact the tech problem thingy. This is something i doubt all of you wont solve.

When my game freezes the only way that I can get it to work right, is to restart my computer. If you have done that already, do you have the computer ability to "restore" from a day earlier? Sometimes That has worked for me.

posted in Return to Mysterious Island 2: Mina's Fate on Aug 16, 13 12:59 PM
Alyson232 wrote:Hi, I am at the sawmill trying to get a 15 ft pole, but I can't make the pole move no matter how many times I click the <--> button. It stays stuck on 9 foot, 12 foot. I've read several walkthroughs and none of them helped because they assume clicking the button would work. Please help.

After you use the arrow thing to get the size, you need to step on the ground pedal and then click of an upright lever to bring down the saw. If that doesn't work, you may need to restart your computer, but remember to save the session first. I always save the game a lot, especially before hard puzzles.

posted in Return to Mysterious Island 2: Mina's Fate on Aug 16, 13 12:55 PM
babyjesus wrote:
lil1941 wrote:
misha39 wrote:Help, I got mina out of the helocopter with jep's help but now I can't get him to move to get the medicine for mina's leg. How do I get him to move?

In the right hand side at the bottom there should be an X where you can get out of the conversation and click in front of Jep to get him to move.

posted in Return to Mysterious Island on Aug 15, 13 11:09 PM
Hotrocks226 wrote:I have used all the eggs I had and can't bake the cake. What now? I had gathered the turtle and the bird eggs.

There is a bird nest on the rafters in the workshop that Jep can get.

posted in Return to Mysterious Island 2: Mina's Fate on Aug 15, 13 11:05 PM
babyjesus wrote:
babyjesus wrote:
fayewalker wrote:
grannyplaya wrote:So far I have rescued Mina and bandaged her leg, what next, I have fed Jep as well.

Jep needs to go to a place where the snakeskin is. He can use it to scare Slugger away. Slugger is the aggressive monkey who won't let Jep get the ants to help close up Mina's leg wound. Jep needs to go to the kiln opposite the workshop and get the ocarina which is covered up near a light colored bowl with a handle. He then needs to go to the place where the purple flowers are. He can use the ocarina to play 3 notes and then the snake will let him get the flowers.

posted in Return to Mysterious Island 2: Mina's Fate on Aug 15, 13 11:00 PM
babyjesus wrote:
sbano wrote:
bfgFlounder wrote:Welcome to Return to Mysterious Island 2: Mina's Fate forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Return to Mysterious Island 2: Mina's Fate players.

Hi cane anyone tell me where to find pipe to Attach the still.

The pipe for the still in down on the beach.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator