Posts created by RainbowElf

posted in Road to Riches 2 on Mar 7, 10 9:33 PM
Found the game alright but it was a little boring waiting for the truck all of the time, even when it was in fast forward mode.

Games like these are great if you want to use you brain in a different way to finding objects in a Hidden Object, but just too "frazzly" for my head at 5:30AM.

A good idea for a game but I think it needs tweaking a little bit then it would have far more followers.

Oh and make the tutorials easier to understand.

posted in The Price is Right 2010 on Mar 7, 10 9:31 AM
Nothing really special here.

Firstly having it in dollars made it a lot harder, yes I know this is an American site but there should be an option to change the monetary system.

How many loading screens do you need in one game?!

Not one I would purchase, too slow, took too long to just play anything because of the loading screens and there is a few bugs in the game.

I would score this maybe one out of five.

posted in 3 Cards to Dead Time on Feb 28, 10 12:32 AM
This game made me very , just when you thought it was going to get going there was yet another dialogue scene to skip past.

It seemed more like an interactive book with puzzles far and few between.

Was there really any need for hints in this disappointment?!

The mini-game puzzle things are written in a way that a nuclear scientist would find it hard to decipher, most of them I skipped just because without a nights worth of sleep I am not in the mood for understanding this complexity.

Very bad game and not one I would ever consider buying even if it was the only game on earth!!

posted in Press Your Luck on Feb 27, 10 11:24 PM
I do not know the show at all but thought I would try it as it is a different format to what is normally available.

A lot of the questions I had to guess because they were either before my time or very "Americanised" but I did not do too badly through a lot of guess work.

Good game but I think I would not spend any money on it, had a few issues with the game and in the end it just got frustrating.

Nice game for those into these style of games, however for me I think there are better ones out there.

Enjoy though fellow fishes.

posted in Escape from Lost Island on Feb 26, 10 5:20 PM
One problem I had with this game was a case of images not loading properly.

The background image would sort of be there but it would have patches of colour and a few lines running across the screen but I could still click.

I decided to save and quit to the menu, I then pressed play and it took me back to where I was but without above said issues.

There were times that the objects I was looking for would not be in the circle so it was mostly guess work on some levels.

Not a game for me, too many problems.

posted in Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches on Feb 23, 10 9:29 AM
The rock I have set up for us scared fish is lovely and warm and safe, so if you do get scared come and relax in here.

After this game had finished the room was silent and it made me even more jumpy then I would of already been, so I played another game to try and calm me down.

The pet mice we have did not help either, they decided to go for a run the very minute I was getting jumpy.

How silly we all are.

posted in Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches on Feb 22, 10 6:55 PM
If you get scared easily then I would advise playing it in the daylight hours and make sure you do not have headphones on, I made the mistake of having the headphones on at night.

I have severe anxiety and such like so this has done my nerves no good at all, I would hate for another fish in the pond to have to join me under my rock because they are scared too.

Hope you get on with the game and do not find it too scary.

posted in Travels With Gulliver on Feb 22, 10 6:06 PM
I loved the hour trial but like kdubs said I think it would get old very quickly.

Maybe if the ports had different mini-games it would be a bit better but as it is only jigsaw it sort of becomes monotonous.

Also when doing the jigsaw it gets irritating that all of the pieces are in the playing area, surely they could of had them on the outside?!

Nice simplistic game with upbeat music (which could get annoying rapidly) and a nice premise to the game, but like it has been said already, one for the beginners or the players who want to relax.

Maybe players with children could play this with them in order to get them to read a classic. Remember reading does not just have to be books it can be almost anything, but as this incorporates game and book what more could you ask for?!

I liked the hour but would not want to spend money on it, I have too many games like this already.

posted in Magic Encyclopedia: Moon Light on Feb 22, 10 2:51 PM
Great game!

I like the puzzle aspect to this game, makes things a whole lot more interesting, however it is not so impossible that you get frustrated.

The trial really got me hooked so it is on my wish-list, but it has many contenders.

Sometimes the game seems really dark and the pieces are near impossible to see, I know that people would say turn up the brightness on your computer but if I do that I will get serious migraine.
However this is the only complaint I had so a nice find.

Oh, I also like the fact you can turn off the custom cursor. I have a slow computer so turning it off makes the game run quicker, but the eye, legs and hammer still come up so the game does not become too impossible.

Great game, and a style I like in hidden object games as it is a little bit more "mature" and you need the grey cells to work it out.

posted in Romancing the Seven Wonders: Taj Mahal on Feb 22, 10 1:05 PM
I had problems with the game too.

Occasionally the mini-game instructions would come up and when I pressed the more button the noise would happen but nothing else, the only way to proceed with the game was to get out of the game and restart it.

During the trial I had to do this twice.

Plus on the levels with lists of objects to find not all of the items where on the list, I was lucky I kept clicking on things that looked out of place for the scene.

So yes too many bugs for me.

Thank goodness for Ctrl + Alt + Delete.

posted in Mystery of Unicorn Castle on Feb 19, 10 5:57 PM
A really nice game.

I think most people have said what I was going to say, however I must disagree about the gear games, I really love them.

There is an online gear game, so maybe one to look out for if you want practice or just want some more gear based fun.

Sometimes you need a different game to break up the monotony of hidden object after hidden object.

One thing I wanted to ask though...How long is it??

Great game, the hour trial went very quick indeed, always sign of a good game.

Enjoy folks.

posted in Dragon Empire on Feb 17, 10 6:45 PM
This game sucks big time!!!

Firstly I actually fell to sleep while playing it because it was insistent on not doing what I wanted. The game went at snails pace then when it started to work everything I clicked on refused to do anything.

I was getting more and more stressed when it refused to let me get to the menu to get out of the game. If the computer does not mean a lot to me I would of thrown it out of the room.

Frantically clicking on what I actually wanted to get done was the only way for anything to work, but even then it took a good ten minutes for it to shut down, only problem with this was my whole computer has now gone on snails pace.

I was looking forward to this one but instead found it the most frustrating part of my day, and today has been stressful.

Do not even attempt to press Ctrl, Alt, Delete with this one it refuses to bring it up instead it just flickers in the background of the game and a different cursor comes up making it impossible to click anything, even worse then it already was.

So yes, I fell to sleep with this one and got so angry at it I could of screamed.

posted in Ancient Rome on Feb 14, 10 6:53 PM
Although a game that I really liked it is just too short if it is only thirty levels.

In the trial, I got through twelve, all on expert, so I think that it would be completed too soon.

The upgrading got stupid because it has a bug in it like it has been said before, this just got irritating especially in the more complicated levels.

Nice themed game with an interesting break between and unlike others on here I liked the repeated clicking for producing products, it lets you have more control over what you are doing and how much you are getting.

A intense and hectic game for those that like that, but for me these games have always been something I can play for an hour but I am not willing to spend money on.

Enjoy though fellow gamers.

posted in Paradise Quest on Feb 13, 10 6:48 PM
Finally bought it the other day and can not get enough of it.

Glad to see so many people in the appreciation society. See you all on the island later for a nice mud massage by the tortoise.

posted in Way To Go! Bowling on Feb 13, 10 6:43 PM
The problem I had was no graphics but music.

The Pogo logo thing came up but then it all remained black. I could type in my name and click things even though there was no image on the screen.

Shame but that is the nature of game playing.

posted in Geisha: The Secret Garden on Feb 11, 10 4:56 PM
Lovely game with scope for both stress and calming alike.

You can stay calm by arranging your garden and you get stressed trying to make the matches.

One that I would really consider buying.

What more is there to say?!

posted in Inspector Parker on Feb 9, 10 7:02 PM
I have played Lemony Snicket many a time over the years so found this a enjoyable game.

Even though I am awake at 3am I still managed to the puzzles with hardly any mistakes.

Not sure whether to purchase this one as there are versions online for free.

You are all right about the grey cells and this is perfect for keeping them in working order and away from retirement.

Good game but it takes patience.

posted in Matchmaker: Joining Hearts on Feb 9, 10 10:30 AM
From me.

I like the nature of this game as it is different to other things I have played.

Another factor I like is the love theme, especially as it is coming up to Valentines Day here in merry old England.

Would definitely be one that I consider.

The only downside I had was that they could maybe mix the levels up a bit, the format is very rigid.

posted in The Lost Cases of Sherlock Holmes on Feb 9, 10 9:16 AM
I have just finished the trial of this game and liked it quite a bit, but found it a little too easy, that is the only thing that puts me off.

A different take on Sherlock Holmes which is refreshing there are other games out there but they tend to just focus on one case.

I was in the middle of the sixth case when the trial ended, so I am not sure if it would be worth buying it as there were not to many cases after that,

Very enjoyable and I like the suspect thing in games so for it.

posted in A Dwarf's Story on Feb 8, 10 3:11 PM
I liked this game too, however felt it too short to actually buy.

Very easy game, I too played on timed mode and completed one world and a bit of the second.

The cursor was a great idea though, if they incorporated this into a more mature and longer game then it would be one to consider.

I have never before been torn with a game.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator