Posts created by MarkAlan

posted in Captain Space Bunny on Apr 5, 10 2:07 PM
bfgZambezi wrote: have you double checked that your screen resolution is set to 1024 x 768 (or higher)? It may also help to double check that you're running the most recent versions of DirectX and your Display Drivers.
-bfgZambezi

My screen resolution is set to 1024 x 768 and I'm using the latest Direct X and video display drivers. So it looks like a buggy game.

posted in Captain Space Bunny on Apr 5, 10 8:22 AM
When exiting the game from Zone 2.1, I experienced a repeatable crash that said "The instruction at "0x7c91b21a" referenced in memory at "0x00000010". The memory could not be written". This only happens when playing the game in "Full Screen" mode. Also "Full Screen" mode messes up the Windows Taskbar for Windows XP.

posted in Dark Parables: Curse of Briar Rose on Mar 28, 10 9:06 PM
genkicoll wrote:I don't recall. Probably because it didn't offend me, hence I didn't notice.
Well they are offensive to Christians. I surmise you are not one. I've likewise noticed that magic, witches, and the supernatural are prevalent themes in most of the games being developed today. Perhaps you noticed that.

posted in Happyville on Mar 26, 10 5:52 AM
Eisteepfirsich wrote:I fully agree with Saturns review. I don`t like this new Building game. I wish Gogii had made instead a new nice hog game not that.

I also agree with Saturn's review, but another mindless hidden object game is what we don't need. This site is chuck full of them and even the other categories like puzzle and adventure have become hidden object clones. It's now even infiltrating the time management and match 3 games. See "Potion Bar" and "The Enchanted Kingdom" for example.

"Sim City" was an awesome game. Now if only the right developer would step up and translate that concept into a casual game worthy of that franchise. Gogii was obviously the wrong candidate for the job.

We will have to wait and see...

posted in Diner Dash 5: Boom Collector's Edition on Feb 20, 10 8:10 AM
Why is it only Game Club Members can download the 60 minute trial?

Why must you pay money to play a demo?

posted in Diner Dash 5: Boom Collector's Edition on Feb 18, 10 10:34 AM
kempette wrote:Will there be a non-Collector's edition available?

The regular version will be available on all game sites on February 28th.
(A week from Sunday)

posted in Big City Adventure: Vancouver Collector's Edition on Jan 29, 10 5:34 AM
I prefer the $ 6.99 price. I know that it will be available in a couple weeks.

posted in Alice's Tea Cup Madness on Jan 27, 10 7:11 AM
I liked the fact that it was less hectic than most "Dash" games. It has a pleasant color palette and the "Serve-All" and multi-task were cool innovations. But I did not like that you could not queue up tasks and there was no "Endless" mode option.

posted in Picket Fences™ on Nov 16, 09 12:39 PM
An excellent game! It gets more interesting as you play. I've reached the Garage Sale area (Level 7) and it's quite challenging. Each level offers different styles of playing and there are many trophies to be won.
Thank you Big Fish for providing something that requires the brain instead of yet another Hidden Object clone.

posted in Paradise Beach on Sep 21, 09 7:24 AM
Access Violations, crashes, text errors, slow loading time. Wasn't there any QA testing done on this game?
This must be an embarrassment for Big Fish Games and the NevoSoft team.

posted in World of Zellians: Kingdom Builder ™ on Sep 18, 09 11:48 AM
Excellent game!
I liked the fact that there was no timer and the strategy came from discovering the correct placement rather than blindly rushing about clicking. I would rather use my head, than wear out my mouse.
Lush graphics and evocative music enhance the peaceful setting of this wonderful game.

I rate this 4 out of 5:

posted in Drawn: The Painted Tower ™ on Sep 5, 09 5:24 AM
Gentlsong wrote:these type games can't just be stopped by a timer

But then why does Big Fish have a timer on the limited demo version?

posted in Drawn: The Painted Tower ™ on Sep 4, 09 6:20 PM
Is this a new trend with Big Fish Games? You download a very large demo and then if you decide to purchase it, you download an even larger separate installation. You just did this with the new Nancy Drew game.
This is redundant considering the demo already has a timer. Not everyone has broadband, so it seems silly to have to download the game all over again.

posted in Horatio's Travels on Sep 3, 09 9:18 AM
okletmewin12 wrote:
MarkAlan wrote:This game was already released as part of Tropix 2. It's nothing new.

i don't believe carries the tropix games

I played Tropix 2 over at [removed by moderator]. You can sometimes get the tomorrow games over at [removed by moderator] without being a member.

posted in Horatio's Travels on Sep 3, 09 4:43 AM
This game was already released as part of Tropix 2. It's nothing new.

posted in Nancy Drew Dossier: Resorting to Danger on Aug 27, 09 9:49 AM
nikoko wrote:I am still on the demo - still 20 mins to go and just done chapter 3 i think. Anyway I got shoved onto a full page advert/information screen. Every time I go back into the game I get onto this screen. I can't close it, I have to stop the whole program running (CTRL/ALT/Delete). Do I have to buy the game to continue? Is there a bug? I am really enjoying it but loathe to buy it if this keeps happening - any info? Nikki

Hi Nikki,

Unlike most Big Fish Games where you download the full game and purchase the activation, this is only a smaller demo version which ends when you get to the Ivory Room. The demo is only a fraction of the size of the full version which you download when you purchase it.

posted in Fill Up! on Aug 26, 09 7:37 PM
I really wanted to like this game. The graphics were decent and the setting was different.

Though the poor grammar and sensitive controls give it an unpolished look.

True, the game lacks clear instructions. But does it really require any?
All you have to do is click and drag vehicles as fast as you can the entire time.

Pointless? Monotonous? Boring? Most definitely!
If you enjoy this sort of torment, be prepared for some severe carpal tunnel.

When you download this game, Big Fish issues a warning that the file size is 59 Megabytes.
Curiously enough, after the installation, the game is a whopping 314 Megabytes.

Why should a simple game need to be that size?

posted in Mr Jones' Graveyard Shift on Aug 10, 09 7:44 PM
Crashes, freezes, and bugs aside, this is a truly horrible game. I am surprised that a well-known developer like Googii would even put their name on it. It's untested and the game play is unbalanced.
On one one level you are requested to supply the deceased with dandelions and there is no option to purchase dandelions from the supplier.
You can set the graphics to a higher resolution, but don't expect it to be saved the next time you start the game.
The ghost chase is extremely annoying and since when do ghosts put you to sleep.

posted in Mr Jones' Graveyard Shift on Aug 10, 09 7:39 PM
Crashes, freezes, and bugs aside, this is a truly horrible game. I am surprised that a well-known developer like Googii would even put their name on it. It's untested and the game play is unbalanced.
On one one level you are requested to supply the deceased with dandelions and there is no option to purchase dandelions from the supplier.
You can set the graphics to a higher resolution, but don't expect it to be saved the next time you start the game.
The ghost chase is extremely annoying and since when do ghosts put you to sleep.

posted in My Kingdom for the Princess on Jul 25, 09 12:15 AM
It locked up my computer and then rebooted it. I had to reinstall my Sound Blaster drivers since they got messed up in the process. And yes, I have the latest version of DirectX and my Anti-Virus was turned off.

Wish they would test these games on more systems before releasing them.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator